Players 2,265 410
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,279,552 1,989
Generated 657,198 169
Captured 1,195,700 619
Bred 6,426,559 1,201
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > News and Announcements > Sylestia's Envision for the Future of Ex...
Page 4 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Prodigy
Level 60
Threads: 6
Posted: 5/22/2013 at 11:44 PM Post #31
@Krinadon,

Yes, that makes sense. It's nice that just doing a mission without affecting the party won't restart the dungeon, though I have a tendency to use my party pets in the missions since they are the strongest in various areas. I suppose I'll just have to wait and see what it is like before I decide if I really like it or not. For now I can just look forward to trying it out ^^
TeaTimeJess
Level 60
Threads: 16
Posted: 5/22/2013 at 11:46 PM Post #32
So it's basically like a WoW instance but 2D. :0

The multiple boss ones where you can all leave and go back to town and when you get back you have an option to continue progress or start over...where continuing you still have to walk through the dungeon, but everything that was dead boss-wise stays dead.

//edit my question is! will it be fluid sliding movement from space to space or will it have a tear/moment where it "reloads" to show you 'move' across the screen?
Edited By 800 on 5/22/2013 at 11:51 PM.
Ash
Level 70
The Hallowed
Threads: 44
Posted: 5/22/2013 at 11:48 PM Post #33
Quote From:
Originally Posted: 5/20/2024 at 9:36:44pm

The zone will be a map, not a linear path. Getting from the beginning to a specific location (such as where you were before you left) will never take more than a few minutes. Content will be achieved by having to travel to various places in the zone - not just a linear path down the middle. But going from one location to another will take a few minutes at most.

While it wasn't originally my question, this quells the biggest concern I was having. I was a bit worried about the time sink involved in entering and leaving a dungeon over and over again to do other things, so it's nice to know that the time from start to destination is very reasonable!

Oogbar
Level 69
Adept Gladiator
Threads: 17
Posted: 5/22/2013 at 11:53 PM Post #34
Quote From:
Originally Posted: 5/20/2024 at 9:36:44pm

As far as the spawn timer, there are many right and wrong ways with dealing with it. We will do our best to make it as fair and fun for all. We will see how things turn out and adjust accordingly.

Given, the global effect idea is cool, and interesting... if you have some people who only get a chance to play for a little while, every day, not everyone can get the chance to take part in a boss battle or fighting a named mob. The numbers of encounters for a single person with a cramped schedule will be drastically reduced, further turning "Mythical" gear, into even harder, far off goals. I know I've been trying for a while now, to get mythical equipment for my level 25 sylesti, just to beat the first teir of the arena, and it's terrible! Soon enough, I'll have more Arena equipment than mythical gear, just from fighting the first 4 combatants over, and over, and overrrr.... aaaand ooooverrrrr.... *caries on for quite some time, so you leave and come back tomorrow only to hear him finish finally....*... And what is to stop someone from cornering the market on equipment, do to the fact that they have plenty of free time to repeatedly fight said encounters, charging near impossible prices for the equipment, to those who don't get much of a chance to play?
All in all..... I guess my point is, It all is a GIANT double edged sword... There can be a lot of good to come of the change... and a LOT of flak to be had from it, as well. <: |
Talyn
Level 67
Trickster
Threads: 181
Posted: 5/22/2013 at 11:57 PM Post #35
I'm hearing a lot more negative than positive about this new update. I only have 4-12 potions of varying strength. 1,000 potions of enough strength to actually do somehting for my pets is going to cost way more than I make! Maps are tedious and how are we supposed to trade them between players, like you suggested, if they're going to be account bound? This is all around a bad idea in my opinion. With the costs of items and the low gold drop (I have never gotten more than 5 gold in any battle, I only have how much I have because of a few lucky Spring Surprises where I got stuff to sell) than the lock in implementation still looks like a bad idea. Along with other users being able to affect our game play. All in all, this does not sound like a good idea.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,124
Posted: 5/23/2013 at 12:09 AM Post #36
@Vella,

We don't have the artwork available at this time to make it work like that. It will just still be the static background unfortunately. When you choose an action, the window ill update (as it does now) with the result.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 5/23/2013 at 12:16 AM Post #37
@Oogbar,

A few things to consider.

First, currently, there are no world named or bosses. All new named/bosses will be completely new additions to the game.

Dungeons will still be instanced for each individual person.

And lastly, all gear is being re-itemized between now and when crafting is released. Eventually, Mythicals will no longer drop and will only be obtainable through crafting.

Basically.... after the re-itemization, gear will look like this:

Uncommon: Obtainable from storyline quests and random standard+ mob drops.
Rare: Obtainable from world named and random superior+ mob drops.
Epic: Obtainable from world bosses and random elite+ mob drops.
Legendary: Obtainable from dungeon bosses
Mythical: Obtainable from crafting

So the best two tiers of gear are not based on competing spawns.
Oogbar
Level 69
Adept Gladiator
Threads: 17
Posted: 5/23/2013 at 12:22 AM Post #38
@Krinadon
Ahhh... Ok. It sounded like the dungeons were going to have the same "open world" concept to it. Thank you for clearing up that misunderstanding!
And you don't have to go too far into detail, since it's in the general idea phase, but how are the crafting items going to work? Just dropping off (Mob X, Y, and/or Z) and/or through quest completion?
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 5/23/2013 at 12:24 AM Post #39
@Oogbar,

To be determined.

But as fun and interesting as we can manage.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 5/23/2013 at 12:46 AM Post #40
I think some of you guys are taking this a little too negatively.

I promise you that you will view this change as a great improvement - not a bad change.

We have played many games with spawn camping, node claiming - you name it. We know what's frustrating and we know what's done well.

We know that cooperation is better than competition.

We also will not make anything in this game that requires diamonds to be enjoyable. While diamonds may enhance, it will never be required. But you must understand that at the end of the day, we do need to have reasons for players to purchase diamonds.

For the many concerns listed in this thread so far, the vast majority are over assumptions or misunderstandings.

For difficulty, this new system will actually be much easier. The new system should not only be more intuitive, but also clearly define the boundary between storyline progression and challenging content. If you just simply want to mind your business, progress the story, and complete daily quests - you will be completely unhindered. And you should find the new system much more enjoyable, immersive, and rewarding than the current system.

If you want challenging content, you too should also be pleased as now there will be new named, new world bosses, and new challenges to be found.

If you are an explorer, you should definitely be happy... as now you can actually explore rather than pressing a simple button.

And perhaps best of all worlds, this new system opens a lot of new doors for us. It is a much more flexible system where we can be more creative with content.

So overall, there shouldn't be anything to worry about or be deeply concerned with. This will greatly enhance Sylestia's gameplay - we promise that. It will be and always has been our goal to make Sylestia the most fun to play browser game available without being forced to spend a penny - and this is no different.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
This Page loaded in 0.013 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.