Players 2,281 432
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,281,124 1,573
Generated 657,612 414
Captured 1,196,101 401
Bred 6,427,316 758
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > News and Announcements > Sylestia's Envision for the Future of Ex...
Page 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Sand
Level 57
Threads: 4
Posted: 5/23/2013 at 12:59 PM Post #61
I really like Amberanime's idea. Make it so we can choose somehow. I probably won't even explore if I have to use a map and all that. I've always enjoyed the click to explore thing that you do here, and another site I'm on does it as well and I enjoy it there as well.
Nataku
Level 52
Threads: 15
Posted: 5/23/2013 at 1:31 PM Post #62
Sounds all very epic
Darymor
Level 58
Threads: 0
Posted: 5/23/2013 at 2:21 PM Post #63
I don't know what it will be like, but I do like the idea, and with all I've read so far, it seems like our hosts know their stuff. Two things, though:

A. If potions become a more prominent way of healing Sylesti, then the Suggestion for "Use multiple items at once" should be implemented first. For me, the reason I prefer to use the Healer on a plaza instead of potions isn't necessarily the price tag (I find roughly enough potions, and I see how it will become even more so) but the health of most of my actual fighting Sylvesti is at around 1000-2000, and the potions I get are 100-200 per bit, and it's just a hassle to heal the pets up with them one click-wait-click-load-load-click-wait-click at a time. At least out of combat, of course.

B. How will the events (like those attack-events) be handled with a more map-like exploration?

On a sidenote, I really don't see how making people choose would be possible. If they did that, any concerns about the new system creating competition would be nothing compared to the competition between people who prefer either mode. At least that's what I think.
Ruinia
Level 60
Threads: 22
Posted: 5/23/2013 at 2:41 PM Post #64
I'd like to give some comments regarding the new system, as I try to remain positive for this future updates since this is not yet implemented (and we don't know whether this is as negative as some might feel).

Most of the new exploring mechanics reminded me of Etrian Odyssey series and Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey. Of course, this has it's ups and downs. Personally for me, it's more of a downside, not because of the new exploring system, it's more of the content mass vs my gaming hours, so yes, this is totally personal and not a rant towards the change.

The reason I play petsites or browser games is because I have less time for lengthy MMOs with loads of area to uncover. With my slower gaming pace, amount content, and the speed of updates, I seem to unable to keep up with the recent MMOs! Life has been keeping me as a prisoner. XDD

On my personal bright side of the updates, the idea of cartography seems very fun and attractive, I loved Etrian series and SMT: Strange Journey, among other things, the cartography was fun there! So, if I'm right, I have lots to look forward to!

But all in honesty, the updates seems great and very much moving towards a browser-based MMORPG with a spice for breeding pets of course! Hopefully the updates doesn't look as scary as some of us thought (as Krin said), and the content won't be as lengthy as we also thought, instead, it's giving us more of that 'exploring' feel.

Oh, I do have one single concern for the open world system, especially regarding the bosses. The problem usually arises when they have specific rare drops and spawn delays. One word. Campers.
Campers has been one thing that ticks me off on MMOs, it doesn't matter if it's about PvP or MvP, hopefully you guys thought carefully about put in great system to prevent this sort of behavior.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,124
Posted: 5/23/2013 at 2:42 PM Post #65
@Creativity,

If you enjoy playing Pokemon, you will enjoy our new system.

As I've said a few times, nothing is being taken away. Currently, there are no world named or world bosses. Maybe a list will make things easier to understand:

-Storyline will still be 100% solo
-Quests will still be 100% solo
-Dungeons will still be 100% solo
-Traveling to specific spots in a Zone will take a few minutes at most
-Traveling around the world (other than different continents) will still be as fast as it is now

Overall, the game will actually become easier to play. Trust me. Currently, Viridian Meadows is very confusing to new players. I cannot tell you how many people have said, "I can't find the Windmill." And who knows how many others just flat out quit without saying anything. Or those who can't figure out the 'Capture a Sylesti' quest.

With the new system, everything will become streamlined, easy to understand, easy to follow. We wouldn't make it any other way.

Additionally, how many people have gotten stuck on Cereth? What were your options? Farm a zone way under your level or run dozens of missions. Well, now you'll just simply be able to keep roaming around Fungus Grove and then go back to face Cereth when you're ready. Doesn't that sound much better?
Edited By 1 on 5/23/2013 at 2:43 PM.
Dualscar
Level 60
Threads: 9
Posted: 5/23/2013 at 2:53 PM Post #66
Quote From:
Originally Posted: 5/21/2024 at 4:07:28am
Additionally, how many people have gotten stuck on Cereth? What were your options? Farm a zone way under your level or run dozens of missions. Well, now you'll just simply be able to keep roaming around Fungus Grove and then go back to face Cereth when you're ready. Doesn't that sound much better?

This in particular is what I'm very happy about. Future zones will likely be rock hard, and I like to grind anyway!
Creativity
Level 71
Cutely Creative
Threads: 253
Posted: 5/23/2013 at 3:46 PM Post #67
You just completely ignored half of what I had said.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,124
Posted: 5/23/2013 at 3:51 PM Post #68
@Creativity,

I don't know what else to really say. I've already addressed the points you brought up numerous times before in this thread. I don't know what else I can say at this point that I haven't already said.
Creativity
Level 71
Cutely Creative
Threads: 253
Posted: 5/23/2013 at 3:55 PM Post #69
You don't really have to say anything else. It's just the way I feel is that I won't like it. It's not a final judgement, though, because this hasn't been released yet. I may end up liking it but right now it doesn't sound very fun to me. I guess we'll just wait and see.
TeaTimeJess
Level 60
Threads: 16
Posted: 5/23/2013 at 3:58 PM Post #70
It is defiantly one of those systems I think is better shown than explained, because explaining it make it seem more complicated and difficult than it will actually be I think. xD

I'm foreseeing a lot of "OH that's what they meant by x, okay I get it!" moments.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.