Page 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 7/16/2014 at 11:37 AM Post #51
We've always described it as the "Hunger Bar"; a bar displaying the pet's hunger value.

The new bar voids a description (unless you hover over it, I believe), however now says the status of the pet's hunger. The values are:

Well Fed (10/10)
Hungry (6+/10)
Famished (3+/10)
Starving (1+/10)
Malnourished (0/10)
Deer
Level 60
Threads: 1
Posted: 7/16/2014 at 11:53 AM Post #52
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=15642&page=5#48
Author: Vin
Time Posted: 7/16/2014 at 9:03 AM
"Unconscious Pets cannot take any action until revived." should include the actions of being sold, being hired for breeding by others, or even, being viewed by others. Animal cruelty should be discouraged in every possible way. Maybe it would be good to put an automated "Pet cruelty" remark in user's profiles when they own any unconscious pets due to not providing food.

I disagree with this suggestion very strongly. If someone is unable to visit the site for longer than the stablehand can be used, or leaves for good, their pets for sale/breeding should still be available to others; and the idea of making them unviewable is just absurd. Even released pets can still be viewed.
And the 'pet cruelty' lable is not something I would ever support implementing. Make positive things to reward those who do well, perhaps a "beloved caretaker" tag or something for keeping up on feeding, but don't go around labeling people as cruel.
I think of Sylestia as a positive site, and I hope it will stay that way. Better to reward than to punish, imho.

Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=15642&page=5#45
Author: HibernusMortis
Time Posted: 7/16/2014 at 8:14 AM
I'm happy with everything :)
I like the idea of future stablehands having different abilities.

I've always been an advocate of keeping pets fed, and just don't get it when people complain about it.
Actually the penalty for having starved pets is pretty lenient I think, what if pets lost level up/proficiency points for every day they were starved for one example.

You're right, Vin. The 'animal cruelty' label is too harsh, indeed. Let's keep things positive. Still I think, something should be done to discourage starving. HibernusMortis has a good point. Experience points can be deducted on unconscious pets. I think, the rate of one level per day is a bit too much. Maybe one level per week would be a good start. Proficiencies and spent level-up points should also be deducted and be kept in pace with the decreasing pet level.
About not being able to hire the stablehelp for longer periods... Nowadays there's enough opportunity to get online, every now and then, anywhere. And there's the smartphone with internet.

Another thing... The 10,000 AP threshold should be lifted. Everybody should be able to use the stablehelp.

Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=15642&page=6#51
Author: Krinadon
Time Posted: 7/16/2014 at 11:37 AM
We've always described it as the "Hunger Bar"; a bar displaying the pet's hunger value.

The new bar voids a description (unless you hover over it, I believe), however now says the status of the pet's hunger. The values are:

Well Fed (10/10)
Hungry (6+/10)
Famished (3+/10)
Starving (1+/10)
Malnourished (0/10)

Thanks for the clear answer. Since today is the first time I see this bar, I didn't know that it will show other words when the food/hungry-level changes.
Thlydd
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 11
Posted: 7/16/2014 at 2:12 PM Post #53
The thing I have to add about AP is that Yuri ou dont get it by just voting but also battling. So it is not that hard to get.

However, 10k is a bit over the top. Consider the fact that somw wardrobe items are AP bought and even with battling 10k is a hard achievement
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 7/16/2014 at 3:08 PM Post #54
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=15642&page=6#53
Author: Thlydd
Time Posted: 7/16/2014 at 2:12 PM
The thing I have to add about AP is that Yuri ou dont get it by just voting but also battling. So it is not that hard to get.

However, 10k is a bit over the top. Consider the fact that somw wardrobe items are AP bought and even with battling 10k is a hard achievement

It doesn't consume 10k AP or require that you have 10k AP saved up, it only requires that your account has earned at least a total of 10k AP points.
Thlydd
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 11
Posted: 7/16/2014 at 4:14 PM Post #55
I was speaking in general terms for the fact that 10k is a bit much.

Take it this way- voting every time nets you 100 AP. If I vote every day not missing it would be three and a half months before I hit the 10k requirement not counting the battle Ap you can get.

I'm saying it is overboard in my opinion because of the length of time to get it.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 7/16/2014 at 4:17 PM Post #56
There are many, many (and better) ways of earning AP. We will probably further increase it and have a more structured method of earning it when we revamp additional features.

But you can earn AP from any of the following:

-Battling
-Nurturing
-Breeding
-Missions

and probably other stuff I'm not remembering.
Nabiki
Level 62
Majestic Brewmistress
Threads: 96
Posted: 7/16/2014 at 4:53 PM Post #57
Okay, thanks for the directions...but I'd suggest just adding a button or two to the stable near the feeding options, so that the stable-hand purchases are easier and obvious. Hiding it like that is sorta silly.

And I was inquiring about spending it, not earning it. It builds up nicely by itself.
Edited By Nabiki on 7/16/2014 at 4:54 PM.
Savynn
Level 75
Sweet Solver
Threads: 214
Posted: 7/16/2014 at 5:59 PM Post #58
I kinda wonder if the best way to get AP right now is to do tasks in Astryl's Vale.

And I would say no to any more punishment for feeding pets. People may wander away from the site for a while and then come back. It's just too discouraging for returning members. Instead of additional punishments, it would be better for there to be positive incentives. There's another site that I won't mention but I feed pets every day there because there's enough incentive. I want to feed them. I get nice stuff from doing so. Krin has mentioned that there'll be future incentives here and the feeding price is much more reasonable than I thought so I'm more or less satisfied.

Also, I don't like the idea of an animal cruelty tag. There's very good people here who might not want to feed their virtual pets because these are not real and can't really suffer. I imagine they take care of their real life pets quite well. Regardless, I don't think people want to be humiliated with such a label over virtual pets.

I hope I didn't make anything sound too harsh as I didn't mean to. But I wanted to voice my concerns in a hopefully constructive manner.
AriDae
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 7
Posted: 7/17/2014 at 11:43 AM Post #59
So I noticed today in my hatchery that the pets in there are now requiring hunger-feeding now as well. Is this supposed to be happening, as it wasn't occurring before? I ask because if you think about an animal still being in a hatchery, it'd probably still be getting fed from it's mother. o.O
Savynn
Level 75
Sweet Solver
Threads: 214
Posted: 7/17/2014 at 3:32 PM Post #60
Oh, I was wondering is there any way to set up a notifying reminder when your stablehand's hired time is over or when pets reach a certain hunger level? It would probably be best as something optional. There's some days where all I do is mostly battle or I'm too busy with other things and not browsing through my stables and I don't want to forget.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.