Forum Index > News and Announcements > 7/15/2014 - Stable Update #3
Page 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Xdarksonicx
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 146
Posted: 7/16/2014 at 6:50 AM Post #41
I knew this was gonna happen this way with stable hands, but I actually would have loved to see you being able to fake hire other players. XD

Of course, then it'd be confusing... Cause they don't really get paid and they don't really do anything... XD

Aww! Imagine a little chibi version of their avatar going about the page when they do the daily feed...

... Ignore me. I'm weird. :p

Anyway! Great system! ^u^
Rosemary is an amazing girl, but I can't wait to see other options! If one was actually able to help stat pets, OMG that would be a cool one to have... Even if it's just like a nurture click in a way, but they do it everyday. (That one would also cost so much... XD)

... I need to just shut up and walk away~ XD
Sweetcheeks
Level 60
Trickster
Threads: 4
Posted: 7/16/2014 at 7:02 AM Post #42
Thank you for this new update and service.
Deer
Level 60
Threads: 1
Posted: 7/16/2014 at 7:04 AM Post #43
I signed up to Sylestia at a time feeding was disabled, so for me it's a new feature. I like it. The need to feed pets makes perfect sense. If there would be no need to feed the pets, those pets are basically degraded to stuffed animals with unlimited shelf life.
Pets need care, as they do in real life.

I think it's implemented very well. We have the ability to hire stablehands which can take care of our pets during absence and the feeding fees are manageable if you're an active player.

I do need to criticize the lingo, though.
It whould be good if this could be rephrased:

"Each Adolescent and Adult Pet consumes 1 Hunger every day.
If a Pet runs out of Hunger, it will fall Unconscious.
Unconscious Pets cannot take any action until revived."
(quoted from the game)
And there's the word "Hungry" in the green bar which indicates how much food the pet still has.

It just does not make sense.

My proposal:
The green bar should have the word 'Food' in it.
'Each Adolescent and Adult Pet consumes 1 Food every day.
If a Pet runs out of Food, it will fall Unconscious.
Unconscious Pets cannot take any action until revived.'

Any WWW content producer, especially game makers, should make proper use of language whenever possible, for the same reasons as books and magazines should not contain spelling errors.
I would appreciate it if you could correct this, or explain why the word 'Hunger' is used, here. English is not my native language. I might have missed something.

Additional proposal the feeding aspect:

"Unconscious Pets cannot take any action until revived." should include the actions of being sold, being hired for breeding by others, or even, being viewed by others. Animal cruelty should be discouraged in every possible way. Maybe it would be good to put an automated "Pet cruelty" remark in user's profiles when they own any unconscious pets due to not providing food.

Users have been stating in this thread that they will keep their pets unconscious until needed, to keep down feeding costs. That's animal cruelty and it should be discouraged. If you cannot take care of your pets, release them!
Luga
Level 70
Vanquisher of Undead
Threads: 18
Posted: 7/16/2014 at 7:29 AM Post #44
I was actually going to ask if is it possible to have the stablehand feed pets on certain stables, but after read savynn's post, it doesn't seem necessary as the costs for feeding pets have been greatly reduced. :D (I'd read your post about you would reduce the feeding cost when stablehand's implemented but I never thought you would cut the cost this much).

Thanks as always for the updates, Krin. :D
HibernusMortis
Level 60
Mojo Master
Threads: 7
Posted: 7/16/2014 at 8:14 AM Post #45
I'm happy with everything :)
I like the idea of future stablehands having different abilities.

I've always been an advocate of keeping pets fed, and just don't get it when people complain about it.
Actually the penalty for having starved pets is pretty lenient I think, what if pets lost level up/proficiency points for every day they were starved for one example.
Nabiki
Level 62
Majestic Brewmistress
Threads: 96
Posted: 7/16/2014 at 8:15 AM Post #46
Okay, but I didn't see the buy stable hand option. For that matter, I can't find a NPC shop that sells for treasure or for AP points that people are insisting can be spent. So, until I actually find those features, I'm going to ignore both options.
Shadow
Level 60
Threads: 144
Posted: 7/16/2014 at 8:44 AM Post #47
Okay, but I didn't see the buy stable hand option.

When you're in your stable you click your avatars face and that should bring it up. If it wasn't there, you should probably take it to Krin so he can figure out what's up...
Vin
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 18
Posted: 7/16/2014 at 9:03 AM Post #48
"Unconscious Pets cannot take any action until revived." should include the actions of being sold, being hired for breeding by others, or even, being viewed by others. Animal cruelty should be discouraged in every possible way. Maybe it would be good to put an automated "Pet cruelty" remark in user's profiles when they own any unconscious pets due to not providing food.

I disagree with this suggestion very strongly. If someone is unable to visit the site for longer than the stablehand can be used, or leaves for good, their pets for sale/breeding should still be available to others; and the idea of making them unviewable is just absurd. Even released pets can still be viewed.
And the 'pet cruelty' lable is not something I would ever support implementing. Make positive things to reward those who do well, perhaps a "beloved caretaker" tag or something for keeping up on feeding, but don't go around labeling people as cruel.
I think of Sylestia as a positive site, and I hope it will stay that way. Better to reward than to punish, imho.
Dragonstone
Level 60
Stocking Stuffer
Threads: 24
Posted: 7/16/2014 at 9:08 AM Post #49
U r awsome, Krin!!!
Divinis
Level 60
Trickster
Threads: 30
Posted: 7/16/2014 at 9:49 AM Post #50
You can spend your AP in the wardrobe only. Under the Base, Styles, and Clothing tabs.

Also, am I blind? I can't find the stable hand option thingy??

To use the stablehand click on the picture of your avatar in the stables! (this maybe should be made more obvious. This definitely does not feel intuitive)
Edited By Divinis on 7/16/2014 at 10:11 AM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.