Threads: 33
Posted: 3/26/2023 at 4:41 PM Post #281
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=105585&page=26#256
Author: Encryption
Time Posted: 3/25/2023 at 12:16 PM
[quote=2699306]

ty for the reply.

googled definition of doxxing:
"the action or process of searching for and publishing private or identifying information about a particular individual on the internet, typically with malicious intent."

if the search was intentinal or if it was malicious can only be guessed, but these screenshots do not show the player ever shares the information.

the questions asking to share are def out of line. but did the player with the info answer? did they put the info in the server? did they say they would send it over dm? did you get a zuchhini? other than saying they now know name/address and distance from their home, which is not actually details, there is nothing that got shared. they said in a later message they would not share this personal info. which is conveniently not shown here ( idk if it was the person who originaly ss or just for this post though )

is my comment going to go ignored?
Akorr
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 2
Posted: 3/26/2023 at 5:15 PM Post #282
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=105585&page=28#272
Author: Katty
Time Posted: 3/26/2023 at 1:08 AM
Krin i know you probably dont want to do so but i think an offical list of those banned might be an idea. I got a comment in chat earlier "omg you werent banned!?!?!" directed at me. While we are aware of sweeping bans but not who they are people will wonder if they are messaging someone that isnt coming back cause they were banned or they go to message a friend, see they werent online for x time and worry something is wrong with them.

Let me tell you a story of a newbie Katt that became good friends with a lovely lady named Mae. Mae was the mama of 4 kids and was working too. Her free time was spent on sylestia. For months she would have an absence but would always return. After one of her absences she told me she was expecting and we chatted for a few days before she told me she had a drs appointment and would tell me if the baby was a boy or girl when she came home. She has been offline since then. I think about her alot and hope she has a lovely 3 yr old little girl now and for some reason never came online to talk to me again but my mind goes to the other option. If there was a way to tell for sure that a player was banned. A list a way to tell when you got to their lookup or something so that others dont have to go through what i do every day with Mae

While I'm deeply curious myself, I understand the reasoning to keep it private.

It always sucks when friends just vanish and there's no closure. Honestly, the questions if "What happened?" , "Are they okay?", " Maybe they just had this happen? ", " Did I do something wrong? " never go away. Even many years after the fact.

Friendship breakups or death are /awful/ but at least those provide closure.

This is why I try to have communications with friends on multiple sites ( discord, shared hobby sites.) As all it takes is one incident on a site to completely close it cutting contact between friends).

This honestly, is another big factor of why I think it's unnecessary. It's very common to have communications over various platforms these days. Chances are those who are close to the banned are still in contact.

There's little reason to share, imo. Plus it opens them up to potential harassment, not to mention even more fighting among members (than there already is. More "there's no way X did that!" *insert Krin+ Fia accusations here*).

It'd just lead to gossip. Krin said you can no longer see their profile pages, you can always look if curious. I checked on a few users myself that way.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 3/26/2023 at 5:15 PM Post #283
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=105585&page=29#281
Author: Encryption
Time Posted: 3/26/2023 at 4:41 PM
[quote=2699358]
is my comment going to go ignored?

I never said the word, doxxing.

I said, "contacting us with harassing messages on our personal social media accounts, and searching for our personal information online, such as home addresses, to share in their group." Which, is accurate to what happened.
Falkinsey
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 20
Posted: 3/26/2023 at 5:39 PM Post #284
Hi Auri, I love your name :)

It's good to see you here.

You seem to have a pretty good grasp of the situation. All I would add is that some people other than Krinadon and Faiona were also being treated unkindly, sometimes here, but mostly on other social media.

The main thing is that the people who were doing this have now gone so honestly there is no need to feel worried or unsafe. Sylestia is usually a very friendly place where people support and help eachother and I'm sure it will be again now. I hope you continue to enjoy playing it.
Lanfear
Level 75
Spooky Shopper
Threads: 329
Posted: 3/26/2023 at 5:42 PM Post #285
"if the search was intentinal or if it was malicious can only be guessed, but these screenshots do not show the player ever shares the information."

If that screenshot shared personally identifying information, why do you think Krinadon would be okay with sharing that? There is a reason that was blocked out. It makes sense to block that out...in case anyone else still here, would use that to their own callous, malicious intent.
AuriTheSmolDemon
Level 43
The Perfectionist
Threads: 1
Posted: 3/26/2023 at 5:57 PM Post #286
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=105585&page=29#284
Author: Falkinsey
Time Posted: 3/26/2023 at 5:39 PM
Hi Auri, I love your name :)

It's good to see you here.

You seem to have a pretty good grasp of the situation. All I would add is that some people other than Krinadon and Faiona were also being treated unkindly, sometimes here, but mostly on other social media.

The main thing is that the people who were doing this have now gone so honestly there is no need to feel worried or unsafe. Sylestia is usually a very friendly place where people support and help eachother and I'm sure it will be again now. I hope you continue to enjoy playing it.

Thank you so much. I honestly didn't know that other players were also being treated unkindly.

I surely hope that the game continues to be a friendly place but I'm afraid that because this happened, the people who got banned are gonna try to convince others (via some off-site social media) to continue harassing people here. However, this happening is unlikely now that people know that this was happening. On the other hand, some people might disagree with Krin and might end up harassing the admins and other players.
Azaragnar
Level 22
Threads: 3
Posted: 3/26/2023 at 6:16 PM Post #287
noen of the screenshots read like they were saying his address or something though
it says personal life which is i dont know omsehting like a so or pet not address or even info
Spaceshiprat
Level 75
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 8
Posted: 3/26/2023 at 8:01 PM Post #288
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=105585&page=29#287
Author: Azaragnar
Time Posted: 3/26/2023 at 6:16 PM
noen of the screenshots read like they were saying his address or something though
it says personal life which is i dont know omsehting like a so or pet not address or even info

broski they commented on what his house looks like from google earth

Re: the "who's banned" thing, it would probably make sense to have something on a profile saying the account is locked. Doesn't have to say if it was banned or locked by user request.
But in the end, we can always look at login dates to see if someone's still around.
Edited By Spaceshiprat on 3/26/2023 at 8:05 PM.
Ladyanki
Level 75
Fancy Pants
Threads: 6
Posted: 3/26/2023 at 8:12 PM Post #289
I want to start this post sharing my RL experience in working environment.
I worked uder a boss that was very abusive mentally for the whole working group for years. Im a bit hard headed, but my co-workes had were having really hard time. We tried to make the bussines better but were always ignored and got bad responeses from most of the stuff. We tried to talk to the boss about it and things got even wores. We all got laid out of the job, that was actually lucky for us (or atleast me) since i would have had left the comapny and lost all the benefits.

Now for the view of this event i understand most of the toxic chat in private out of site discussion, since i know that some people were tired of trying to act as Mods for the site that they loved, but got nowhere. I dont support such behavior, but i understand it.

Some of those people that got banned were my friends and mentors of sorts...I chated a lot with them, used their experienced advices and bought pets from them. They were high ranked players so to speak.

I dont support their actions, If i knew this was going on i would have asked them to stop doing toxic stuff. I was Very Surprised to hear this was going on, since i had Never seen any of this going on the site, exatct oppsite. They wrere generous and helpfull.

I know most of the chatting was actually jokes as grude as they were, but if you look at those screen shots most of them end as /j, as joke. Bad taste yes, but nothing actually shows them being intented to bully and harrase. They were picked from private chat, that were thought to be safe sapces. Yet someone from inside the group felt need to bring them out of those " safe places". Tell about them to the person in question. That person then spied that group for months, without contacting them personally and asking them to drop the said actions.

I would be furious and sad and betrayed if those people would have talked about me like that, but i wouldnt have stalked their private chat for more and asked them personally stop doing that stuff. I would have told them drop the act or you will be banned, in private.

Atleast for most of the people were like; what happened when they got the ban. Yes it does say in ToS that there is no need, but it is just fair to do that.

For doxxing and swatting thing i know that some of those people were actually saying strong No when they even heard about some of joking about it.

Economy thing is another matter, economy in Sylestia has always been bad. i never know how to price my pets i dont think anyone actually does, so joking about even is just absurd to me. There are many players still on site that lower price of stuff like items and pets and them buy them "back" when people lower their prices too and sell them for "good" profit, that actually makes me mad. I am not going to name those people tho, that is their desicion to do that. What annoys me is that some of these banned players were just breeding with theirs firends and gears, although knowing some of them would be part of low priced "sceme".

In all cases i dont think there was actually neve a real thread on behalf of those that got banned. Some of them were not really mixed in it either. Not really.
Things were badly mangaed from both sides, nothing is black and white.
However they are banned, and wont be coming back, I need to get to used to it since i am going to continue playing the game since i like it.
I wont be trash talking anyone, ill try to be as helpfull as i can, but i will be staying in contact with them and be a loyal firend.( If you make Fin a friend they will stay as friends no matter what, since that friends are.)
I dont want to see comments like good riddance, they got what they deserved ect. In chat since that is hurtful to me, so if you see me defending them, that what it is, not attacking anyone or trying to argue about it.
This is she said, he said situation and it is always hard to clearly proof with edited secrenshots, what was actually being said.
Selestial
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 184
Posted: 3/26/2023 at 9:53 PM Post #290
Maybe it's not my place to add anything to the discussion since I've been blissfully oblivious and uninvolved in this, but I do feel I have a few things to add. All of this time come as a shock to me as an old player, as I've peripherally known a lot of the banned players for many years, even if it's been a long, long time since I've been actively social with anyone on here. But even just lurking, there was definitely a cultural shift between when I left the site a few years back and coming back this past summer. This explains why.

That said, I fully support the decision Krin has made. Nothing on the internet is ever truly private, and anyone with an expectation of privacy while posting anything online is a fool.

To the comments of 'they were joking', sure. Because it's not a very common thing to disingenuously say 'jkjk' after making a less than okay comment just for the sake of plausible deniability. Especially with the addition of '/j for legal reasons' or whatever the phrasing there was. That's pretty obviously not joking and just a poor play for deniability.

As for venting, sure it's good and healthy, but there's a point where it goes too far. That clearly happened, given the many comments from other users of direct harassment, some of the wildly unnecessary policing I've seen in chat and such, and Krin himself saying action was only taken against people who had started to take action on site. Obviously no one who was just venting was removed, and I think a lot of the people on here expressing their displeasure is plenty of proof of that. If people had been removed without reason or just for venting, those people wouldn't be here to voice their upset.

All in all, I'm curious to see how Krin goes about things moving forward. I'm also mildly curious as to why I was never contacted in a recruitment attempt, but maybe I've just been too antisocial for too long for anyone to try lol. That I will have to live with the curiosity about.

Kudos to you for handling this with so much maturity, patience, and transparency, Krin. You've always taken critique and such better than the admin of any other site I've been on, and I'm looking forward to where things go from here.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 28, 29, 30
This Page loaded in 0.014 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.