Forum Index > News and Announcements > Announcement Regarding Recent Bans
Page 2 1, 2, 3... 28, 29, 30 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
UntitledPrince
Level 75
Master Sylestiologist
Threads: 149
Posted: 3/24/2023 at 2:36 AM Post #11
I know it might seem like a bit of a shock if you personally had 100% good interactions with these people. And I'm really sorry that they weren't who you thought they were. But some of them (one player in particular) actually harassed me personally as well, and I'm not even affiliated with Sylestia in any way besides being a player. So they weren't who they may have seemed, sad as that is. I actually had to step away from the game at one point due to harmful emotional manipulation and harassment from one of these players, who was outwardly super nice and who most of the community adored. So I just wanted to add my testimonial here to say that although I obviously haven't seen the full context of those messages either, Krin was not reading too much into these players' comments. I have been on the receiving end of a small portion of this, and it's as damaging and intentional as Krin says. I personally feel a lot safer with these players gone. But I do understand that it can be hard to adjust to such a jarring change in worldview from who many of these players seemed to be.
Typhlosion
Level 75
Wondrous Witch
Threads: 331
Posted: 3/24/2023 at 2:39 AM Post #12
I used to be a part of this Discord server; for a good, long while. Several of the people that have been banned are my closest friends - friends who I love more dearly than I know to explain, and a partner that I know I cannot live without.
I believe that most of these screenshots are on the more recent side - as "lashes out" against the banning of the first members; some of which I do not believe deserved it. I wonder why the timestamps for these screenshots were censored, to be honest? That has to be at least a little bit pertinent to confirming this data and figuring out the timeline.
I cannot say that I vouch for everyone in that server. I do not, and I will not. There is a reason that I left it. But I do not think that everyone you banned deserved the ban they were given. I don't think that everything had to go the way that it did.
Many of the players you banned legitimately wanted to do nothing but help this community, and support the game. That they chose to resort to what they did is not something I condone - but nor is it something I condemn.

This server, in question, did not always feel like a home - but it is their right to have a server the way that they want to. And the fact that you breached and hacked this server several times in order to get your "proof" appalls me. People have a right to feel the way that they do, in the safety of their communities, without someone deciding to go and take it out of context, and thrust it in the faces of the "offenders" and everyone they ever cared about.

I don't think either side is innocent. And I don't think this matter was handled properly by nearly anyone involved.

I have loved dearly and enjoyed this game for ten years. It has shaped who I am today. The people I've met here have shaped who I am today. I would be so incredibly remiss if I didn't say I was writing all of this out of love - both for the Sylestia I used to know, and the people caught in the crossfire. I've been expecting my own ban, to be honest - not because I did anything, I don't think; but because I love the people that have been decidedly deigned as criminal.

I love this game. I love this community.
But I don't think this is right. I don't think that any of this is right. Not what they did, and not what you've done in response.

I'm not taking my partner out of my bio, even if he's banned. If that gets me banned, then so be it.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 3/24/2023 at 2:45 AM Post #13
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=105585&page=2#12
Author: Typhlosion
Time Posted: 3/24/2023 at 2:39 AM
I used to be a part of this Discord server; for a good, long while. Several of the people that have been banned are my closest friends - friends who I love more dearly than I know to explain, and a partner that I know I cannot live without.
I believe that most of these screenshots are on the more recent side - as "lashes out" against the banning of the first members; some of which I do not believe deserved it. I wonder why the timestamps for these screenshots were censored, to be honest? That has to be at least a little bit pertinent to confirming this data and figuring out the timeline.
I cannot say that I vouch for everyone in that server. I do not, and I will not. There is a reason that I left it. But I do not think that everyone you banned deserved the ban they were given. I don't think that everything had to go the way that it did.
Many of the players you banned legitimately wanted to do nothing but help this community, and support the game. That they chose to resort to what they did is not something I condone - but nor is it something I condemn.

This server, in question, did not always feel like a home - but it is their right to have a server the way that they want to. And the fact that you breached and hacked this server several times in order to get your "proof" appalls me. People have a right to feel the way that they do, in the safety of their communities, without someone deciding to go and take it out of context, and thrust it in the faces of the "offenders" and everyone they ever cared about.

I don't think either side is innocent. And I don't think this matter was handled properly by nearly anyone involved.

I have loved dearly and enjoyed this game for ten years. It has shaped who I am today. The people I've met here have shaped who I am today. I would be so incredibly remiss if I didn't say I was writing all of this out of love - both for the Sylestia I used to know, and the people caught in the crossfire. I've been expecting my own ban, to be honest - not because I did anything, I don't think; but because I love the people that have been decidedly deigned as criminal.

I love this game. I love this community.
But I don't think this is right. I don't think that any of this is right. Not what they did, and not what you've done in response.

I'm not taking my partner out of my bio, even if he's banned. If that gets me banned, then so be it.

Just for clarity purposes:

All of these screenshots provided were from conversations since December, yes. I removed the timestamps in order to hide when the screenshots were taken - no other reason.

Additionally, neither myself nor Faiona breached or hacked into anything. These screenshots came from a group of concerned players that we have been working closely with for many months now.
Edited By Krinadon on 3/24/2023 at 2:46 AM.
Isri
Level 75
Wondrous Witch
Threads: 10
Posted: 3/24/2023 at 3:08 AM Post #14
I hope everyone who's been effected can have some tea and rest soon.
I have dealt with similar situations more than once and know how awful it is.

I am also wondering if there are things other players need to worry about? Such as having possibly purchased items/pets cheaply from these players or selling very low/giving away high value items? As not knowing who all has been banned or exactly why it's hard not to wonder if acts that previously seemed generous/benevolent were actually problematic and should be avoided? (I feel like I did not articulate this thought well)
Edited By Isri on 3/24/2023 at 3:08 AM.
Katty
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 202
Posted: 3/24/2023 at 3:16 AM Post #15
I have spent all of today checking sylestia to make sure i wasnt banned too after Mika and Hira were banned. I dont sell pets often but i thought it was about pet pricing and i am a paranoid little kitten at times. Anyways we have lost some big name players indeed. Most of the temple clearers and most of the legendary themed pets are no longer up for breeds. The site is going to be forever changed. Question? Is there any way these players can come back from this banning? I have several friends im sure have been banned unfairly. Is there no chance for them to return? Do we need to worry about pets/items from these players? I had another question but i cant remember. My kitten selected my previous tying and deleted it all. Raven says hi
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 3/24/2023 at 3:17 AM Post #16
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=105585&page=2#14
Author: Isri
Time Posted: 3/24/2023 at 3:08 AM
I hope everyone who's been effected can have some tea and rest soon.
I have dealt with similar situations more than once and know how awful it is.

I am also wondering if there are things other players need to worry about? Such as having possibly purchased items/pets cheaply from these players or selling very low/giving away high value items? As not knowing who all has been banned or exactly why it's hard not to wonder if acts that previously seemed generous/benevolent were actually problematic and should be avoided? (I feel like I did not articulate this thought well)

A valid concern.

No, simply buying cheap things (or even selling cheap/giving away things) will not get you banned. The important discerning factor here was the intent of these players. The intent of these players was to cause harm. We felt 100% confident in that and therefore took appropriate action to protect the site and the business from their actions.
Typhlosion
Level 75
Wondrous Witch
Threads: 331
Posted: 3/24/2023 at 3:20 AM Post #17
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=105585&page=2#15
Author: Katty
Time Posted: 3/24/2023 at 3:16 AM
I have spent all of today checking sylestia to make sure i wasnt banned too after Mika and Hira were banned. I dont sell pets often but i thought it was about pet pricing and i am a paranoid little kitten at times. Anyways we have lost some big name players indeed. Most of the temple clearers and most of the legendary themed pets are no longer up for breeds. The site is going to be forever changed. Question? Is there any way these players can come back from this banning? I have several friends im sure have been banned unfairly. Is there no chance for them to return? Do we need to worry about pets/items from these players? I had another question but i cant remember. My kitten selected my previous tying and deleted it all. Raven says hi

I, too, would desperately like to know the answers to these questions, please.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 3/24/2023 at 3:23 AM Post #18
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=105585&page=2#15
Author: Katty
Time Posted: 3/24/2023 at 3:16 AM

In the past, a small handful of players have been allowed to return after being banned for an extended period of time. It is always something that we review on a case by case basis when a player requests it after a certain length of time. However, regarding anyone specific who was banned related to this incident, it is not a consideration for us at this time.

Can you be more specific as to what you mean by worrying about pets/items? I'm not quite sure I know what you're asking.
Isri
Level 75
Wondrous Witch
Threads: 10
Posted: 3/24/2023 at 3:28 AM Post #19
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=105585&page=2#16
Author: Krinadon
Time Posted: 3/24/2023 at 3:17 AM
[quote=2698949]

A valid concern.

No, simply buying cheap things (or even selling cheap/giving away things) will not get you banned. The important discerning factor here was the intent of these players. The intent of these players was to cause harm. We felt 100% confident in that and therefore took appropriate action to protect the site and the business from their actions.

Thank you for the rapid response and clarification. I hope things don't take too long to settle.
Katty
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 202
Posted: 3/24/2023 at 3:29 AM Post #20
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=105585&page=2#18
Author: Krinadon
Time Posted: 3/24/2023 at 3:23 AM
[quote=2698950]

In the past, a small handful of players have been allowed to return after being banned for an extended period of time. It is always something that we review on a case by case basis when a player requests it after a certain length of time. However, regarding anyone specific who was banned related to this incident, it is not a consideration for us at this time.

Can you be more specific as to what you mean by worrying about pets/items? I'm not quite sure I know what you're asking.

Like say Fox ranked up one of my rikkis for me. Do i need to worry? What about people that bought 50k max stats? I assume you wont do anything to people that had no idea they were dealing with people breaking rules
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 28, 29, 30
This Page loaded in 0.013 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.