Page 15 1, 2, 3... 14, 15, 16... 24, 25, 26 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Threads: 104
Posted: 12/3/2022 at 1:12 AM Post #141
(Looks great, accepted :P)
(Hm, is it alright if I give her the weakness of getting tired faster/having powers weakened when not near water? This can somewhat be overcome if she just takes around a bottle of water with her lol, though by extension she'd probably be at her height near an actual large body of water)

~~~

In the morning, it's familiar to wake up to the sounds of the lake: the waves lapping softly at the shore, the birds singing their morning songs softly nearby. But this morning, something's different, and it's quickly obvious what it is--it's raining, the rhythm of heavy rain tapping against your rooftop and splashing as it joins the waters of the lake. And, distantly, you make out something else: a faint ringing sound that takes you longer to place as the town bell, though it must be loud if it's carried all the way to the lake. It's not often that you've heard such a sound, though even you know what it means--that the traders have once more arrived in Hanne.
As far as you know (not that you know much), it's been some time since the last traders have come. Of course, they never stay long by the lakeside, though they sometimes pass by on their way to and from the village or even stop for some fishing and mingling with the locals in the evening after their wares have been bought and sold. But, naturally, the majority of the action takes place within the town center, as far from the lake as the bell. So perhaps it'd a little ambitious to change up what you've been doing and leave the lake now of all times--but it's also a good opportunity to meet people if you're ready for it after all these years.
Edited By Larkian on 12/3/2022 at 1:15 AM.
Vigy
Level 65
Trickster
Threads: 127
Posted: 12/3/2022 at 7:46 PM Post #142
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=103296&page=15#141
Author: Larkian
Time Posted: 12/3/2022 at 1:12 AM
(Looks great, accepted :P)
(Hm, is it alright if I give her the weakness of getting tired faster/having powers weakened when not near water? This can somewhat be overcome if she just takes around a bottle of water with her lol, though by extension she'd probably be at her height near an actual large body of water)

~~~

In the morning, it's familiar to wake up to the sounds of the lake: the waves lapping softly at the shore, the birds singing their morning songs softly nearby. But this morning, something's different, and it's quickly obvious what it is--it's raining, the rhythm of heavy rain tapping against your rooftop and splashing as it joins the waters of the lake. And, distantly, you make out something else: a faint ringing sound that takes you longer to place as the town bell, though it must be loud if it's carried all the way to the lake. It's not often that you've heard such a sound, though even you know what it means--that the traders have once more arrived in Hanne.
As far as you know (not that you know much), it's been some time since the last traders have come. Of course, they never stay long by the lakeside, though they sometimes pass by on their way to and from the village or even stop for some fishing and mingling with the locals in the evening after their wares have been bought and sold. But, naturally, the majority of the action takes place within the town center, as far from the lake as the bell. So perhaps it'd a little ambitious to change up what you've been doing and leave the lake now of all times--but it's also a good opportunity to meet people if you're ready for it after all these years.

I stood quietly in front of the window, pondering on what I felt like doing today. I had nothing to trade, and socializing sounded exhausting right now, but I am curious of what may be happening and what the traders may be selling.
I the trail of thought from my head so I could collecting my belongings and head down to the lakeshore to hopefully catch some action or a quick look at what they may be offering.

(Sounds perfect!!!)
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Posted: 12/4/2022 at 8:06 PM Post #143
Quest completed: Medicine Delivery
Reward: 2 silvers

Apothecary list removed from Inventory

The town center has livened up a bit by the time you make it back and retrace your steps back to the same shop. In fact, as you push open the door and head inside again, you're greeted by the sight that the apothecary has a customer aside from you this time, an older man who's currently glancing impatiently around the room. You quickly discern the issue--the apothecary from earlier doesn't seem to be here--not that you can see, at least. In fact, there doesn't seem to be anyone here but you and the other customer. Perhaps he's in the back room, though, or even just out of sight somewhere? It would be a pain if he's just decided to head out without waiting for you to return.
Edited By Larkian on 6/8/2023 at 12:53 AM.
Orcastration
Level 73
Fishy
Threads: 317
Posted: 12/5/2022 at 12:23 AM Post #144
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=103296&page=15#143
Time Posted: 12/4/2022 at 8:06 PM
Quest completed: Medicine Delivery
Reward: 2 silvers

Apothecary list removed from Inventory

The town center has livened up a bit by the time you make it back and retrace your steps back to the same shop. In fact, as you push open the door and head inside again, you're greeted by the sight that the apothecary has a customer aside from you this time, an older man who's currently glancing impatiently around the room. You quickly discern the issue--the apothecary from earlier doesn't seem to be here--not that you can see, at least. In fact, there doesn't seem to be anyone here but you and the other customer. Perhaps he's in the back room, though, or even just out of sight somewhere? It would be a pain if he's just decided to head out without waiting for you to return.

Now that would suck.

"You haven't been waiting too long, have you?" Livvy asks the man. Just in case. She glances around, just in case Mr. Cat Shifter dude's decided to take a nap on a shelf (or under a shelf-) or something. Hey, he can turn into a cat.That probably does something to one's sleep schedule, or something. It's not like Livvy knows how long people whose alternate forms are creatures that sleep a lot would sleep.
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Posted: 12/9/2022 at 11:12 PM Post #145
You pack your few belongings into your satchel and head outside. It's pouring, and you're soon to be soaked if you stay out here without cover, but through the mist of the rain you can see a line of figures farther down the lakeside: wagons and the creatures pulling them, and presumably, the traders with them. They're making their way along the shore, and soon you can hear the shouts, hoofbeats, and the jangling of the wagons as they grow nearer. They probably won't stop near you--most of the actual trading takes place in town (though it does spread all the way out to the outskirts), but the way they're going, they'll certainly pass right by you and your house on their way past the lake to the village, and later leave the same way to bypass the cliffs that surround Hanne.
Edited By Larkian on 12/9/2022 at 11:13 PM.
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Posted: 12/10/2022 at 12:40 AM Post #146
(No worries! It's the same here tbh lol)

There's not much to cover you as you sneak closer to them, though fortunately for you your keen hearing allows you to hear them better without having to draw too near. It sounds as though they're having an argument of some sort?
"--tried to catch it, and look where that got me," the one closer to the lamp hisses.
The other waves their hand dismissively. "Phoenix bark'll heal that up fine. The problem is you let it get away."
"It's not my fault the charm didn't work. I'm not getting anywhere near that thing again. Good luck finding someone else to go after it for you--everyone knows that place's been cursed since last spring."
With that, the first figure storms off down the street, leaving the remaining one alone beside the lamp. As you watch, they grumble something to themself and pull something that glints from within their cloak, glancing briefly at it and then back up as if waiting for something.
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Posted: 12/10/2022 at 1:38 AM Post #147

The man, meanwhile, shakes his head as he turns to you, but looks irritated nonetheless. "Five minutes, perhaps. But still, too long to keep a customer waiting, if you asks me." He huffs. "I don't know why I bother still coming here--there always seems to be some issue or something going on. But they're one of the only ones who'll handle such effective work..."

Just then, a curtain squeezed between two shelves in the back of the shop swishes violently as a harried and disgruntled-looking young woman shoves her way through into the room, balancing a stack of books in her arms and grumbling something about "the nerve of--" she breaks off when she realizes that there are customers. "Oh! I'm so sorry, I hope you two haven't been waiting long--oh, good to see you again, Mister Burns. What can I do for you? Really, do please pardon the inconvenience," she apologizes again, hurriedly clearing a space on the desk and piling the books on top in yet another a perilous stack.
The man waves his hand. "No matter. Just the usual, please."
She nods, turning to a shelf and pushing aside some bottles to grab a jug further in the back. "Of course. We've made some in advance, so it shouldn't take long--and for you?" she asks, glancing up at you as she pours oily-looking dark liquid from the jug into a vial.
Orcastration
Level 73
Fishy
Threads: 317
Posted: 12/11/2022 at 5:16 PM Post #148
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=103296&page=15#147
Time Posted: 12/10/2022 at 1:38 AM

The man, meanwhile, shakes his head as he turns to you, but looks irritated nonetheless. "Five minutes, perhaps. But still, too long to keep a customer waiting, if you asks me." He huffs. "I don't know why I bother still coming here--there always seems to be some issue or something going on. But they're one of the only ones who'll handle such effective work..."

Just then, a curtain squeezed between two shelves in the back of the shop swishes violently as a harried and disgruntled-looking young woman shoves her way through into the room, balancing a stack of books in her arms and grumbling something about "the nerve of--" she breaks off when she realizes that there are customers. "Oh! I'm so sorry, I hope you two haven't been waiting long--oh, good to see you again, Mister Burns. What can I do for you? Really, do please pardon the inconvenience," she apologizes again, hurriedly clearing a space on the desk and piling the books on top in yet another a perilous stack.
The man waves his hand. "No matter. Just the usual, please."
She nods, turning to a shelf and pushing aside some bottles to grab a jug further in the back. "Of course. We've made some in advance, so it shouldn't take long--and for you?" she asks, glancing up at you as she pours oily-looking dark liquid from the jug into a vial.

"I'm looking for that dude that was here earlier. The cat guy. "She answered. "He mentioned something earlier, so I came by to ask about it."

She cringes inwardly as she realizes she sounds like she's trying to ask the guy on a date. Which is definitely not her intentions, thank you very much. Shes just there for the adventures.
Edited By Orcastration on 12/12/2022 at 10:48 PM.
Vigy
Level 65
Trickster
Threads: 127
Posted: 12/11/2022 at 6:52 PM Post #149
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=103296&page=15#145
Time Posted: 12/9/2022 at 11:12 PM
You pack your few belongings into your satchel and head outside. It's pouring, and you're soon to be soaked if you stay out here without cover, but through the mist of the rain you can see a line of figures farther down the lakeside: wagons and the creatures pulling them, and presumably, the traders with them. They're making their way along the shore, and soon you can hear the shouts, hoofbeats, and the jangling of the wagons as they grow nearer. They probably won't stop near you--most of the actual trading takes place in town (though it does spread all the way out to the outskirts), but the way they're going, they'll certainly pass right by you and your house on their way past the lake to the village, and later leave the same way to bypass the cliffs that surround Hanne.

I sighed and looked up at the sky before beginning my walk towards town, taking the time to find shelter under whatever awnings may be up around me, or even trees. I may love water, but once my clothes are drenched in water it just becomes annoying. I may not favor being in the midst of town but oh, my curiosity is bustling today.
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Posted: 12/13/2022 at 12:26 AM Post #150
The girl raises an eyebrow in amusement, stifling a laugh before schooling her features into something more serious and a tad irritated. "He's not here--he just left earlier. Quite inconsiderately, I might add," she grumbles as she finishes bottling the liquid and slides it across the desk to the man. "That'll be ten silvers, or a gold if you've got one."
"What did you need to see him for? There's nothing he can do that I can't," she adds, somewhat indignantly. "Oh, or did he start making something and tell you to come back later when it was finished?"
The old man chuckles as he counts out the coins to pay his order. "Like I said, there's always something going on," he remarks conspiratorially to you.
"That's enough, Mister Burns," the girl says, somewhat sternly, though not seriously so. "I'll not have you spreading any rumours about him or me, thank you very much."
He snorts, gathering his things. "Well, you can't hardly expect them not to form one way or another. Anyway, my thanks, expect to be seeing me again next week--and try not to keep me waiting next time." With that and a waved goodbye, he heads out, leaving the two of you alone in the shop.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 14, 15, 16... 24, 25, 26
This Page loaded in 0.014 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.