A Fantasy + Adventure RPG

Status
Open

8/10 spots filled

Waiting List
None
--

~~~

In this world where fate holds the same meaning as fortune and curses and blessings abound in equal measure, many base their lives around forces they never see. It's a beautiful, unpredictable (and often strange) place, where there's always a spark of magic in even the most mundane of things and the most ordinary of people.

And, perhaps, you are even less ordinary than most. Partially spirit and partially of a corporeal nature, the lines drawn by superstition would cause you to be treated as peculiar at best and dangerous at worst if anyone were to find out your nature. Some proudly make this fact known and shun those who would treat them differently, some revel in the attention, and others hide it, afraid of becoming an outcast.

But regardless of whatever life you've led--and whatever choices you've made--until now, there still remain endless options stretching out before you. Is there something about the horizon that seems to call to you--do you dream of charting the uncharted? Perhaps you want to make a name for yourself or gain riches; go dabbling in the supernatural, or simply see what the world will bring to you. Maybe you seek to discover more about yourself: explore your abilities, find others like you, and learn more about either of your sides.

Whatever your calling is, adventure is bound to await you in a land that holds more than enough secrets for a lifetime.

~~~

Table of Contents

Information
Intro/Starting Post
Rules + Other Information
Sign-Up Form
World Information
Locations Discovered
Skills

Profiles
Player 1 - Orcastration
Player 2 - Raidenei
Player 3 - Falconetti
Player 4 - Scoutwolf
Player 5 - Whiterosealliance
Player 6 - Vigil
Player 8 - Noha
Player 9 - Fireflick

~~~

Current World Events

None

~~~

Pinglist
For my own use
Larkian, Orcastration, Raidenei, Falconetti, Scoutwolf, Whiterosealliance, Vigy, Noha, Fireflick

~~~

None of the images used in this thread are mine, unless stated otherwise.

Hehe it's my 100th thread, how fitting considering that my first ever post was also for an RPG :3
Edited By Larkian on 3/29/2023 at 5:25 PM.
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Threads: 104
Posted: 7/28/2022 at 10:51 PM Post #2

Rules + Other Information

~~~

Rules

1. Narrator's word is law. If I say you get hurt, then you get hurt. (If it's unreasonable, feel free to challenge/ask me, but be nice about it.)

2. No godmodding/powerplaying. You have free reign over your character's actions and thoughts, but I control the outcome as well your surroundings. If you are attempting to do an action that would normally require skill or that doesn't have a good chance of working, please do not act as if it has already happened.
Good: "I draw my weapon and swing at the attacker's face, intending to at least knock him down."
Bad: "I draw my weapon and swing at the attacker, knocking him down."
Good: "I look around the room, scanning it for any objects of use."
Bad: "I grab a magic wand off the table and use it to vaporize the door."

3. No Mary Sues (perfect)/overpowered/etc. characters, please. Similarly, please try to keep your actions in character and within your character's skill range. Your character must be Fantastical (see World Info post), so act as such.

4. Please let me know if you're going to be inactive for an extended period of time, if you would like to leave the RPG, or if you just take awhile to reply in general. I'm more than willing to make exceptions for slow replies, but if there is a waiting list and you do not give me any prior warning, I will automatically kick you at two weeks of inactivity. I will give you a reminder ping every five days that you do not reply, unless you request otherwise.

5. Quote or bold my last reply to you (it makes it easier for me to keep track of what's going on with whom) and ping me in your response. Include a quote by your character in your form.

6. Please write at least three sentences in your reply-- this may include thoughts, emotions etc. as well as the main action or dialogue. If I write about multiple things in a post, you're free to react to all of them. Don't be afraid to be creative and descriptive in what you do! Feel free to give your character their own motives, aspirations outside of what they're currently doing, an extended backstory, etc.-- almost anything is fine (and extra fun) as long as you don't godmod and it makes sense.

7. Please let me know if there's anything I missed, if I said something that didn't make sense, or if you have any other questions!

8. And, of course, I have the right to decline your form or kick you from the RPG at any time, for any reason.

That's it-- most of all, just use your common sense for everything else (and don't make me add more rules lol) and have fun!

~~~

General Information

- This RPG may contain minor elements of violence, horror, character death, though it won't be graphic and will never be more than PG-13.

- Your character can die. Although this is unlikely, it is possible, especially if you make poor decisions. If this is the case, you can always make another character.

- This RPG does not have a major self-driven plot to begin with. There are story-related events that may occur or that your character incites, and, more notably, hidden stories and mysteries to discover ad you go on. As you play, however, you may create or cause your own storylines to get involved in others', which can have results of varying scales.
(More simply put: technically, if your character were to do nothing and otherwise had nothing stated in their backstory to be happening, then they would most likely not get dragged into anything. But doing nothing, of course, is not the point.)

- I will do my best to reply to everyone at least once a week but most likely not more than once or twice a day, in order for me to keep up while still writing more lengthy and detailed replies and also to save my sanity. If I do not reply within two weeks, please ping me again.

- By default, you will not encounter other players. If you really wish to do so, let me know, and I'll see if I can work something out. Keep in mind, however, that this takes place in the same world for everyone somehow--if someone manages to trigger a worldwide event, then everyone will be affected.

~~~

Other Tips

- Some parts of this may require you to do some investigating or thinking outside the box, including looking for clues that may not be obvious at first. Remember, you're free to do basically anything within reason, and there are multiple solutions to a problem, so go wild and be creative!

- You are free to do whatever you do based on the information you learn. I will not automatically give you answers to whatever you may find yourself needing to figure out, though I may nudge you in the right direction if you have been trying and still have no idea what to do.

- This RPG focuses largely on exploring the world around you. There are countless secrets to learn and things to do, don't be afraid to investigate anything you find interesting. That's all :D
Edited By Larkian on 2/26/2023 at 5:49 PM.
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Posted: 7/28/2022 at 10:51 PM Post #3

Sign-Up Form

Read the Rules, World Information (section on General Information), and Locations (section on Starting Locations) posts before filling out this form.

You may reserve a spot for 7 days at most.

Preferably post your form in this thread, but PMs are fine!

~~~

Form

Please delete everything in parentheses, it helps me copy it over.

Basic
Name
(Full name and nickname if applicable.)

Gender/Pronouns

General Appearance
(Image, description, or both. Please make it reasonable. Examples of features include: scales/feathers in odd places, multicolored skin markings, glowing horns, etc. be creative! You may also have inhuman features compose up to half of your body, so you could look like a centaur if you want lol)

Starting Location
(See Locations post for information)

Personality
(Strengths, weaknesses, how they act in certain situations, etc. MBTI and alignment can go here if so desired.)

Backstory
(Optional, but greatly appreciated. The more details, the better! Can be generic or involve details of the setting. If any details are inaccurate to the setting, I will correct them and check with you before starting. You can start your character in action, e.g. running away from home, just let me know in this section.)

Dislikes
(3+)

Fears
(Include character's worst fear.)

Ambitions/Dreams
(What are your character's goals and aspirations in the beginning of the story, big or small? This may change later in the RPG.)

Biggest Flaw
(Please make it reasonable and not like "is sometimes annoying, oh the horror")

Other

~

Attributes
(See Skills post. You have 10 points to allocate however you'd like. These stack with the levels you automatically gain from your choice of starting location, so don't include those)

Strength - 0

Intelligence - 0

Constitution - 0

Dexterity - 0

Agility - 0

Observation - 0

Charisma - 0

~

Traits
If you have another idea for any of these, run it by me and I may approve it.

Enhancements
(Choose one!)
- Hearing
- Vision
- Smell

Abilities
(Choose two! You will start at level 0, but can increase mastery in these similar to skills.)
- Shapeshift into another (preferably smaller) creature's form - can be an actual animal or a mythical/made-up one, if so just describe it, only one
- Shift your appearance into that of another being of similar appearance - can turn into people you have seen or make minor adjustments to your own appearance (e.g. appear taller, different hair color, hide some of your features, etc.)
- Turn invisible - turn unseen, but remain physically tangible
- Phasing - become intangible/able to move through matter, but still be visible similar to a ghost
- Hover - float several inches off the ground, faster/less effort than walking or running
- Create illusions - create images of things you have seen, can be perceived by any sense except touch
- Spirit vision - can see into the spirit plane, find out if someone is hiding their true form or other enchantments
- Tethering - hide yourself by attaching yourself to an inanimate object, if it is damaged you get hurt
- Tracking - attach yourself to a living thing (one at a time), and be able to sense where it is/what they are experiencing
- Speak all languages - includes that of creatures
- Siren voice - singing or talking can lull others into falling asleep

Neutral Traits
(Choose one)
- Have no shadow
- Sneeze when in contact with magic
- Cold to the touch
- No reflection
- Nocturnal

Disadvantages
(Choose one, I will pick another for you that may or may not be on this list.)
- Abilities may trigger randomly - often upon sneezing or when panicking, etc.
- Allergic to pure metal - causes burns on contact or general discomfort if in the vicinity
- Vulnerable to wayward spells - e.g. someone's curse maybe slightly affect you, an enchantment to keep out spirits may prevent you from entering, etc.
- Lose abilities at midnight and midday for an hour
- True name - those who learn your name can force you to do carry out one task of their choosing
- Will burn under direct sunlight
Edited By Larkian on 11/27/2022 at 6:03 PM.
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Posted: 7/28/2022 at 10:52 PM Post #4
Edited By Larkian on 7/28/2022 at 11:29 PM.
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Posted: 7/28/2022 at 10:53 PM Post #5

World Information

~~~

General Information

Basic information your character should know about the world from the start. Expansions of these sections can be added, but will be spoilered.

About Technology
The most reliable means of transportation is by foot (or via the back of a reliable animal, horses or otherwise). In places at the height of technology and a crossroads of travel, trains may exist to carry passengers and mail to an often frequented destination. Still, a determined, quick-paced runner traveling alone can sometimes outpace such an invention. Electric lighting is in its infancy, and most rely on candlelight or lamps when it gets dark. Though firearms exist, they are extremely unreliable and a surefire way to get bad luck.
Explore or ask questions to learn more about technology.

About Currency
Currency is shared in the form of coins throughout the land. 1 gold coin is worth 10 silver coins, and 1 silver coin is worth 100 copper coins. It can be earned through a variety of means, from selling things to working.
In some cases, you may be able to do a favor (usually in the form of labor) as payment, or even trade in your own goods for others, but hard currency is always the most reliable method of payment.
Occasionally, however, you may meet someone who deals in less physical forms of payment--tales and stories.
Explore or ask questions to learn more about other forms of currency.

~~~

Other Information

Information about more specific topics. Some entries here may be spoilered and will expand/be added upon discovery, please only read if you have already discovered such information!

Explore to learn more information and add other categories.

About Traveling
Traveling in this world can be a tricky or even dangerous task, even aside from the normal dangers faced by travelers. Many paths are notorious for leading travelers astray, and, further complicating things, some beings seem to enjoy intentionally messing with travelers. As such, maps can be unreliable, and many just end up looking for landmarks and hoping for the best.
Explore or ask questions to learn more reliable ways of navigating.
Edited By Larkian on 6/8/2023 at 12:31 AM.
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Posted: 7/28/2022 at 10:53 PM Post #6

Locations Discovered

Click on names of locations as well as names of discovered locations within them (listed below) to see reference pictures.

~~~

Starting Locations

The world is vast, and by no means are you required to stay near or even in the general region where you began.

Catha
Snowbound almost year-round, Catha is a small but hardy village nestled partially up the slope of one of the tallest mountains in the land. Despite the harsh and often deadly climate of their location, Catha's inhabitants are incredibly welcoming and hospitable to any travelers that pass through. Those who traverse the mountains at all often rely on Catha for supplies and guides to accompany them on their journey.
Starting items:
+ 1 small leather satchel [5 slots]
+ 1 woolen blanket (can be worn)
+ 5 dried meat
Starting attributes:
+ Constitution level 1
+ Strength level 1

Ravyne
Town Center
Mysteriously blessed with eternal spring, Ravyne is not only one of the most beautiful places in the land, but also one of the quietest and most peaceful despite it being a frequent destination for artists who wish to seek inspiration. Many of the flowers found in Ravyne are unique to the town, a trait that is often taken advantage of not only by the town's many florists, but also by its skilled herbalists to create poisons and medicines both.
Starting items:
+ 1 refillable flask
+ 5 apples
Starting attributes:
+ Intelligence level 1
+ Observation level 1

Perell
Town Center
Though Perell is a fairly small town, it is hardly quiet due to its central position along the Albatross Line, one of the region's busiest postal routes that runs from one coast to the other. Due to this, as well as its location near the very heart of the continent, it is almost always bustling with activity and news brought by travelers and messengers from the most distant parts of the land.
Starting items:
+ 1 handheld lantern (24 hours, renewable)
+ 1 bread loaf (5 slices)
Starting attributes:
+ Charisma level 1
+ Agility level 1

Hanne
Town Center
A cozy lakeside village tucked into the shadow of a cliff surrounded by rolling hills, Hanne is famous for its crafters and artisans, who are skilled at transforming the earth's treasures into something a little more magical. Several times a year, traders and merchants from other parts of the land visit to buy and haggle over such goods, the frequency only limited by Hanne's remote location.
Starting items:
+ 1 steel dagger
+ 5 dried fruit
Starting attributes:
+ Observation level 1
+ Dexterity level 1

~~~

World Locations

???

~~~

Borders

Those who depart across the great sea to the north, south, and west of the land rarely return, and those who do tell different stories each time. To the far east, civilization gives way to the Uncharted, an empty expanse where the land seems to extend on forever, said to be wrought with unfathomable dangers.
Edited By Larkian on 12/28/2022 at 6:25 PM.
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Posted: 7/28/2022 at 10:54 PM Post #7

Legends Discovered
Edited By Larkian on 7/29/2022 at 12:00 AM.
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Posted: 7/28/2022 at 10:54 PM Post #8
Edited By Larkian on 7/28/2022 at 11:58 PM.
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Posted: 7/28/2022 at 10:54 PM Post #9

Skills

Attributes

Your attributes are your general abilities, determining your skill in doing most basic tasks. While a simple task may be easily accomplished without highly leveled attributes, more difficult endeavors require more skill. The easiest way to increase these levels is simply through experience.
These skills level indefinitely.

Strength
Your ability to exert physical force. The higher your level, the greater your ability to create powerful attacks, lift heavy objects, block other strong forces, and other endeavors that require physical prowess.

Intelligence
Your ability to learn and use knowledge. The higher your level, the greater your ability to learn quickly, recall and use knowledge from memory, innovate, and other endeavors that require mental prowess.

Constitution
(also known as stamina)
Your ability to carry out a strenuous task or withstand adverse conditions for a long period of time. The higher your level, the longer you will be able to exert physical or mental effort without fatigue, or endure pain/injury.

Dexterity
Your ability to work with your hands. The higher your level, the greater your fine motor skills and ability to keep your hands steady and movements controlled when working with fine objects or something that requires delicacy.

Agility
Your ability to move with grace and balance. The higher your level, the greater speed and flexibility you have, and the more surely you can carry out tasks that require poise and mobility.

Observation
(also known as perception)
Your ability to notice what is happening around you. The higher your level, the greater your ability to pick up on useful details, pay attention to your surroundings, and pick out tells or other information that can give you an edge.

Charisma
Your ability to communicate with others. The higher your level, the more likely you are to be able to persuade others to do what you want, lie convincingly, or sway people with your words.

~~~

Techniques

Techniques are more specific (but still widely applicable) skills you can acquire, derived from the basic attributes. Your ability to learn/difficulty in learning a technique derives from your level in its attributes, and your ability to use it derives from your level in the technique itself. You may learn a technique (if your attributes are high enough level) by teaching yourself (slower) or by learning from someone (faster). You may gain levels through practicing a technique you already know or by asking someone with a higher level to teach you.
(Examples: Close-Range Combat, Navigation)
These skills have a max mastery of 100%, at which point you are considered to have mastered proficiency in the technique.

???

~~~

Talents

Talents have the most specific usage yet the greatest variety of any skill. They can be first learned in a multitude of ways: by being taught, by reading how to do it, or even by accident. Some require knowledge or mastery in a specific technique to learn, but others do not. You may gain levels by learning or being taught how to execute the talent in more complex or refined ways.
(Examples: Swordsmanship, Setting Traps)
These skills have three levels: Basic, Intermediate, and Advanced.

???
Edited By Larkian on 8/1/2022 at 6:44 PM.
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Posted: 7/28/2022 at 10:55 PM Post #10
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 24, 25, 26
This Page loaded in 0.014 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.