Players 2,356 338
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,253,312 621
Generated 656,411 36
Captured 1,190,925 61
Bred 6,405,881 524
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Groups, Guilds, Clubs, and Services > Bird Appreciation Association [BAA]
Page 2 1, 2, 3, 4 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Eainai
Level 71
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 8
Posted: 6/2/2021 at 10:29 PM Post #11
Username/User ID: Eainai, ID 112700.

Favorite bird: Orioles and Red-Crested Woodpeckers. I see woodpeckers all the time, but I have yet to see an Oriole where I live. Which is a huge shame, since they're so pretty.

Do you own a bird? if so- DETAILS?: Yep! Two! Senegal parrots- both are boys. We used to have just one, but the other one's a rescue. They don't get along very well, so they've sadly transitioned into more of a cage-bird lifestyle, but I make sure they stay happy!

Do you want to own a bird [if you don't already]? what kind?: NO. MORE. BIRDS. Good lord, it's hard enough cleaning up after two of 'em! (and five other animals, to boot!)

Other info you want to be known: You can call me Eai or nai, either works. Regardless of what you choose to call me, please make sure to capitalize it correctly. Miscapitalized names is a huge pet peeve of mine. I don't really care what pronouns you use for me, but I tend to lean towards she/her.

Ping-list?: Yes, Please!
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Threads: 104
Posted: 6/3/2021 at 12:09 AM Post #12
YOOOO I HATH BEEN SUMMONED BY THE BIRDS

Username/User ID
Skylarky/110354

Favorite bird
- Pacific swift
- Black kite
- Peregrine falcon
- Snowy owl

Do you own a bird? if so- DETAILS?
I have had two parakeets in the past (at separate times), Feathery and Winter (short for Winter's Crystal). Sadly, my mom kind of despises pets, so no one bothered doing much research with Feathery (I was like 6 at the time lol) and he didn't get much care (I think he may have had a problem with Teflon, which I am... so guilty about). Winter got sick and I told my mom she was acting funny, but she was just like "oh whatever, I don't really want to go to a vet" and she died the next day D:

Do you want to own a bird [if you don't already]? what kind?
I'm too traumatized and guilty from the two of them already, I wouldn't dare D: I also want a cat, so I don't think that would work out.
Actually, being a falconer would be really cool, but... I'll just stick that up there with the rest of my dreams so we can all laugh at them

Other info you want to be known
Shockingly I dunno much about larks, lol

Ping-list?
Yea!

I have a caladrius design somewhere, but I don't think that would count xD
Edited By Skylarky on 6/9/2021 at 4:34 PM.
Rashomon
Level 62
Trickster
Threads: 179
Posted: 6/3/2021 at 1:14 PM Post #13
Lol, I actually didn't know that. xD Though I would definitely expect them to be more popular! They're such lovely creatures, the problem is we have two VERY prey-driven cats who think they're tigers. They're actually very small - Coco is 5 lbs and Kailo is 8. xD

Never heard of them, but I just googled them and now I want one. I need one :0 Then again, there's that tame peregrine falcon a few miles away from where I live who needs a home...hrrrrng why do birds have to be so cute- Dx
Eternalsilver
Level 75
Wondrous Witch
Threads: 21
Posted: 6/4/2021 at 8:45 AM Post #14
(Ahh, apologies for the late reply -)

It is pretty interesting, not to mention adorable :D

True, I mean, a peacock wouldn't be very hard to miss with all those colors (I initially thought it was Darwin's theory of natural selection, but I could be mistaken ;-;) The females would find them attractive, though :) It is a little strange why the males would still keep their vibrant colors during all those years of adaptation. Don't they get, I don't know, eaten by predators in the wild? You would think survival is at least a little more important than finding a mate or keeping territory, but who knows.

It definitely would be worth it - do you think birds in general would get along with...other household pets (dogs, cats, hamsters even)?
Dracaena
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 57
Posted: 6/6/2021 at 11:47 AM Post #15
Username/User ID: Winterfelix/148849

Favorite bird: Raven and/or Magpie

Do you own a bird? if so- DETAILS?: Unfortunately not...

Do you want to own a bird [if you don't already]? what kind?: I wish I could own some big, fluffy turkeys. Entirely for petting and companionship purposes, of course. I like the idea of large, domestic outdoor birds that would not fly away. But this is almost definitely a pipe dream.

Other info you want to be known: Now this kind of club is something I can get behind. All hail our bird overlords.

Ping-list?: Yes.
Edited By Winterfelix on 6/6/2021 at 11:52 AM.
Xedite
Level 71
The Perfectionist
Threads: 54
Posted: 6/7/2021 at 1:28 AM Post #16
Username/User ID: Xedite/139169

Favorite bird: Pigeon, Crow, Magpie, Duck, Blue heron

Do you own a bird? if so- DETAILS?: Used to own 2 parakeets in the past as a kid. They were an aggressive pair that disliked humans so they definitely put me off wanting any other birds for a while.

Do you want to own a bird [if you don't already]? what kind?
I've considered getting either a pet pigeon, duck, or chicken once I have the space, no longer have a cat that'll eat them, and hopefully have moved on from living in apartments. (They aren't exactly bird friendly)

Other info you want to be known: Nope.

Ping-list?: No thank you.
Edited By Xedite on 6/7/2021 at 1:31 AM.
Terra19
Level 11
Threads: 17
Posted: 6/8/2021 at 5:58 AM Post #17
Username/User ID:Terra19 #127183

Favorite bird: OWLS, I ABSOLUTELY ADORE THEM! ok I'm done shouting out my love for owls. Honestly, I love all birbs but I'm prone to bird of prey especially.

Do you own a bird? if so- DETAILS?: I don't own any birds sadly.

Do you want to own a bird [if you don't already]? what kind? Well I have no experience with owning birds, so I'd have to say I would go with a cockatiel or perhaps lovebirds, because I have heard they are good for beginners (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong anyone with experience).

Other info you want to be known: Well when I was younger I always thought it would be cool to work at one of those wildlife birds of of prey rescue facilities. I don't know what else to say X3

Ping-list?: Yes, please.
Sp00ns
Level 75
Fancy Pants
Threads: 75
Posted: 8/26/2021 at 5:29 PM Post #18
Hi !
Thank you all for joining! I'm very sorry I wasn't able to reply sooner, I didn't have access to a computer during the summer as my personal one broke. I will be significantly more active now that I have a school-issued Chromebook [although now that I am in high school I will probably put my schoolwork first].

I will be adding everyone who wanted to be on the ping-list on there as soon as I send this message! I'd also like some input on what kinds of activities you all would like to do? some form of competition? Daily or weekly bird-related fun facts?
I've also pinged pre-existing members to let them know that we're going to be more active if they still want to participate.
Rashomon
Level 62
Trickster
Threads: 179
Posted: 8/26/2021 at 5:34 PM Post #19

Oh hi, birb club :DDD

Weekly birb facts would be so cool :0

Competitions are fun but like I have no motivation :')
Sp00ns
Level 75
Fancy Pants
Threads: 75
Posted: 8/26/2021 at 5:41 PM Post #20
"The concept of natural selection is often associated with some kind of struggle to survive. ... The classic example of mate choice is a peacock's tail. Peahens prefer peacocks with large and colourful tails, so those peacocks get to mate more frequently and have more offspring."
- www..nature.com

Article title: 'An Introduction to S3xual natural selection'

You can check out the article for more information, but I hope this answers your concern! I also thought it was pretty weird, but I'd like to add that not all animals have the ability to see the full-colour spectrum, so despite their large tails they could have somewhat of a chance to blend in with plant life. And to be fair I've never seen a wild peahen/peacock, so I imagine theirs plenty of captive breeding that will also help them keep their naturally vibrant colours. This is just my opinion though, you don't have to take my word for it lol.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.