Players 2,356 338
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,253,312 621
Generated 656,411 36
Captured 1,190,925 61
Bred 6,405,881 524
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Groups, Guilds, Clubs, and Services > Bird Appreciation Association [BAA]
Page 1 1, 2, 3, 4 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Sp00ns
Level 75
Fancy Pants
Threads: 75
Posted: 5/28/2021 at 4:49 PM Post #1
Bird Appreciation Association
otherwise known as BAA

Here at BAA, we admire birds for what they truly are - Jesus incarnate.

Currently looking for a mascot :) if you wanna share a design that'd be greatly appreciated

[Image used is a Tufted Titmouse, commonly found in Missouri]

My personal favorites are the Regal Sunbird and the Sun Conure parrot for their vibrant colouring.

All are welcome here, owners of birds, bird watchers.... ornithologists [PLS LOL], or if ya just like birds a bunch! The forms are only so I know to add you to the list and so I can know what your favorite bird is.. which will be important later on.. trust me.

Form:

Username/User ID:

Favorite bird:

Do you own a bird? if so- DETAILS?:

Do you want to own a bird [if you don't already]? what kind?

Other info you want to be known:

Ping-list?:

If you change your username in the future, please let me know so it can be adjusted on any lists :).

[All jokes made in BAA are strictly for comedic purposes.. we recognize that birds are not in fact Jesus, but God himself.]
Sp00ns
Level 75
Fancy Pants
Posted: 5/28/2021 at 4:50 PM Post #2
Mascot Army:

Lapis the Bluejay
Credit: Faeroth

[looking for more mascot submissions, our mascot army will rule over the Sylestian forums >:)]

Members :

Amaniii [obviously lol]
Eternalsilver
Eainai
Skylarky
Miroh
Faeroth
Xedite
Terra19
24carrotgold

Ping-list :

Eternalsilver, Eainai, Miroh, Skylarky, Faeroth, Terra19, 24carrotgold

Edited By Amaniii on 8/29/2021 at 7:20 PM.
Sp00ns
Level 75
Fancy Pants
Posted: 5/28/2021 at 4:50 PM Post #3
Reserved.
Sp00ns
Level 75
Fancy Pants
Posted: 5/28/2021 at 4:50 PM Post #4
Reserved.
Eternalsilver
Level 75
Wondrous Witch
Threads: 21
Posted: 5/28/2021 at 8:04 PM Post #5
Username/User ID: Eternalsilver, #149770

Favorite bird: Cockatiels (I mean, have you seen them? <3), Peacocks (Pretty birbs ~)

Do you own a bird? if so- DETAILS?: Sadly, no birbs for me - on the bright side, zero bird droppings to clean :D

Do you want to own a bird [if you don't already]? what kind? Definitely a Cockatiel, though I would love to own a peacock, but, you know, all those feathers -

Other info you want to be known: Well, I have a picture I snapped of a bird doing it's buisness, but that's slightly gross, so Nope, no other info at all

Ping-list?: Yes, please :)
Sp00ns
Level 75
Fancy Pants
Posted: 5/29/2021 at 5:29 PM Post #6
Can confirm, Cockatiels are gorgeous, have drawn them a few times lol.

Peahen's [the female term for peacock is Pea-hen or peafowl I believe] are a bit plain but the males are extra extravagant so I understand that completely.
Owning a peacock would be cool FOR the feathers, when they shed their feathers many people use them in designs of clothing, and you could possibly sell them even, faux Peacock feathers typically sell better when being used to make clothing because they're a bit brighter but it wouldn't be the worst.
As long as you don't actively pluck them out and wait for them to fall out naturally there wouldn't be a big problem with it.

Owning any bird would take a lot of work but I'd imagine bigger birds like those would take a bit more so owning one as a pet would be out of the question for most - including myself sadly.
Eternalsilver
Level 75
Wondrous Witch
Threads: 21
Posted: 5/30/2021 at 10:39 AM Post #7
Cockatiels are adorable, especially their little crests (and that little splotch on the bird's cheek). It's pretty interesting how the crest can show you it's emotions/feelings (article) ^^

Male peacocks would have the disadvantage in the wild, though, since their train of feathers is quite heavy, and their colors makes them easier to spot. It would be easier for peafowls to lay eggs and survive without a vibrant tail/feathers, so it does make sense that the females are less colorful than the males.
True, true, the feathers would be rather pretty on clothes, but, like you said, plucking them out would not be the way to obtain them.

Hm, you'd probably have to build an enclosure specifically for the peacocks, as I imagine they'd be rather uncomfortable sleeping on the couch lol.
Sp00ns
Level 75
Fancy Pants
Posted: 5/30/2021 at 3:27 PM Post #8
I didn't know that the crests were able to show emotional feelings, that's cool!

The main purpose of the male Peacocks' vibrant colors is to attract females, Newtons theory of natural selection could have a big place in this because you are right in that the males are a big target for predators, it's interesting to think about really.

A lot of work would go into owning a peacock, more than owning a budgie or cockatiel surely, but I think it'd be worth it :)
Rashomon
Level 62
Trickster
Threads: 179
Posted: 6/2/2021 at 4:28 PM Post #9
Username/User ID: Miroh, 141006

Favorite bird: Peregrine falcon for sure!

Do you own a bird? if so- DETAILS?: Noo :(

Do you want to own a bird [if you don't already]? what kind? Of course I do! Either a macaw, or I'm going to get a falcon license once I'm 18. I've gotten approval from my parents...but I have to wait four more years for that license and training and all that Dx There's a falcon rescue for injured birds of prey nearby, so that's pretty great for me. :)

Other info you want to be known: Nah. You can call me Ten though :)

Ping-list?: Please do~
Sp00ns
Level 75
Fancy Pants
Posted: 6/2/2021 at 8:15 PM Post #10
Oooh a raptor [another word for a bird of prey if you didn't already know.. which you probably do since you want to own one sorry], don't see enough people wanting them as pets! I don't think many know you can own them, but they're definitely an awesome choice!
What are your opinions on the American Kestrel? They're tinytiny [for a falcon] and have a really neat design! They look kind of similar to the bat falcon but the American Kestrel is a bit more orangey in the places where the bat falcon is bluey if that makes sense?
there's also the 'classic looking' kinda falcon which is typically the one that comes up first when you look up just 'falcon', but there are so many sub-species of the falcon, it's pretty crazy!
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.