Players 2,402 361
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,244,056 1,095
Generated 656,241 59
Captured 1,190,530 56
Bred 6,397,190 980
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Groups, Guilds, Clubs, and Services > ~*~ DESIGNERS' CHALLENGE UNIVERSITY...
Page 43 1, 2, 3... 42, 43, 44... 68, 69, 70 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Frostfire
Level 69
Frosty Hands
Threads: 5
Posted: 5/10/2021 at 5:08 PM Post #421
Thank you for working so hard, hope you feel better soon!
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 293
Posted: 5/16/2021 at 11:17 PM Post #422
TOP 3
Farm Life
Challenge

(PLEASE BE SURE TO READ EVERYTHING)

Thank you all for having patience with this last challenge and me being sick! I hope you all enjoyed your week off and took the most out of it to get into the spring fest grind, and man we got some cool themes this year! Good Luck on collecting them. Now, albeit late, I announce your winners!

(Remember if you are chosen, you need to claim your prize before the next deadline otherwise you will forfeit it.)

TOP CRITIQUER IS: Frostfire

@Frost- Please send me a CoD for 20k, you had a very good critique this time around, good job!

1st PLACE~
Noha's
Design:

Hay Bales

Man am I a sucker for muted color palettes, those sorta designs can be hard to pull off as sometimes the colors all blend together - and not in a good way - now with your design you did a phenomenal job! The markings on the body perfectly replicate the way the hay layers on hay bales and the eyes and the hints of green to show the environment around it really pulls this design together. Great great job over all and for a prize choose from these (1) (2) (3) (4) stables and pick a pair to get a baby from and send a CoD for 20k! In addition you may also look in Celticnuru's GROUP stable and pick a pet from there if you would like to forgo a pet from me.

2nd PLACE~
Frost's
Design:

Bird of Prey

I love love this design, though I gotta say the revamped version is the real winner here! The colors are bright but a natural sort of bright, not anything to saturated or neon. I love that you went for a morkko with this design, i feel the more common choice would have been an Aurleon but its great that you took a leap and used the mrok - it really worked in your favor. This is an overall very solid design and I quite like it - great job and Send a CoD for 15k please and please keep up the good work, I look forward to seeing what you make in the future!

3rd PLACE~
Angelfox's
Design:

Peafowl

I had no clue you could eat peacock eggs - this is news to me and now despite my general distaste for eggs I want to try it. This design is bright - and that works in your favor here. I like that you used the rikki, I mean that tail is literally perfect (as to be expected from a peacock themed tail) but you could have gone Aurleon but I personally think your decision to choose the rikki was a good one. I'm looking forward to seeing what you have in future challenges so Great job on this design and send a CoD for 10k!

Mystery prize winner will be DMed shortly.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 5/17/2021 at 12:30 AM Post #423
"Poetry" Challenge

For this challenge lets take a look at the written word, specifically poetry! Writing is an art form and it will be an interesting challenge to see how that can transfer onto a sylestia. From the poet Emily ******inson and Edgar Allen Poe to newer poets like Sylvia Plath and Maya Angelou you have many many poems to pick from! Man you can even pick poems meant for children, all poetry is fair game in this challenge and I can't see what you all have to bring to the table!

Those who have opted out: Dragon, Lovador

~Requirements~

1.)Your design must be based on a poem.
2.) You must include at least part of your poem, if not all.
3.) You must list the name of the Poem and who wrote the poem. If your poem has a photo you can use that for this part as well as long as the Author, poem, and name are listed (ex)
4.) With in your design post, you must ping not only myself but the designer that posted directly before you only. Reason being, you must create a paragraph (3 to 4 sentences long) giving them friendly feedback and or suggestion on improvement on the design and or designs currently present at that time. Please include a copy of their design you are speaking about, along with a design of your own referencing the suggestions you made so they can see visibly what you are trying to say. (The only except is the first designer to post.)
4.) Designers, if someone critiques/comments on your design you must make an attempt to make the changes the critiquer is suggesting. It is through another's opinion/vision you can see what you haven't/couldn't see before and in so doing improve on what is already done. It is a way for you to learn how to take riskses and test yourself. When you have done so, place your altered piece next to the original so we can see the changes you made in comparison. (DO NOT COPY AND PASTE their direct suggested image and take it as your own. That will not help you improve in the slightest, but will be seen as a form of cheating/theft.)

~Rules/Guidelines~
1.) All core group rules are in play!
2.) Don't be afraid to ask for help, feedback and or anything. We are here for you!

~Example~

Edited By Limor on 5/18/2021 at 3:23 PM.
Rashomon
Level 62
Trickster
Threads: 179
Posted: 5/17/2021 at 12:15 PM Post #424
Do you have to include stanzas of the poem?
Lunadove
Level 70
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 174
Posted: 5/17/2021 at 2:22 PM Post #425

Edited By Lunadove on 5/17/2021 at 2:23 PM.
Zolnixi
Level 65
Majestic Green Thumb
Threads: 43
Posted: 5/17/2021 at 3:04 PM Post #426
I think your design is fantastic! The Galaxy can look like stars, and yellow and blue are great colours for representing "Moonlight". I also think the Ryori is good for this design because it's like a ghostly being!

My designs:

I decided to use Leaf Veins as the Bark of the tree. Dryad represents the branches.

Valentine Lace represents the Soil that the poppies grew in. Red represents the poppies.

Edited By Zolnixi on 5/18/2021 at 8:21 PM.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 5/17/2021 at 4:00 PM Post #427
Nope but feel free too!
Rashomon
Level 62
Trickster
Threads: 179
Posted: 5/17/2021 at 4:09 PM Post #428
Oh okay, thanks! ^^
Shimeree
Level 70
Fancy Pants
Threads: 6
Posted: 5/17/2021 at 5:28 PM Post #429
Critique: Zolnixi
Trees:
I think that your trait choices for this design are spot on! They match the poem wonderfully. However, I think the colours in this design need quite a bit of change. Firstly, I feel like the poem brings to mind a tree in the sun, bright and full of light. Your design is very dark, and I feel doesn't match that lively idea. As such, I brightened up most of the colours, and added a lot of variation in the greens to make it feel more natural. Secondly, I feel like the colours you've chosen are a majority brown, whereas a tree is predominantly green. Hence, I swapped quite a few browns into more varied greens.
->

In Flanders Fields:
Such a wonderful poem, and such a fabulous design to go with! I think your colour choice for this one is nearly perfect, with those bright, vibrant reds contrasting with the green. I did slightly dull the green just to make the reds pop a little more, but don't feel like you need to make this change if you don't like it. Trait-wise, I think you've also nearly got it spot on! The dryad set, frosted leaves, and valentines lace add so much lovely detail. However, I think Zebra isn't quite the right G1 trait. It sort of feels out of place. I swapped it to Skeletal to try and represent the death within the poem, but if you really wanted to you could probably have no G1 trait at all.\
->

"Hope" is the thing with feathers:
I think this design is perfect! The yellows varying from bright to nearly white add such a warm feeling, and the soft, feathery trait choices really convey that hopeful feeling the poem describes! I cannot think of anything I would change at all. Good job!

Of Love: A Sonnet
For this design, I'm not sure if your different trait choices for male and female are supposed to represent anything, but I personally think the female's traits fit the feel of the poem a lot better so I will be critiquing those. I think the traits on the female design give a very angelic, soft feel that the poem gives, and thus is a better fit than the more sharp traits of the male design. I don't have any changes I would make to these traits. For the colours, I think that using blue for the eye colour not only adds a nice contrasting colour into the mix, but draws your eye to the design's eye, fitting very well with the second line of the poem. I also absolutely adore the reds and the peaches that you've used for the main bulk of the colour. However, I feel the pinkish purple you have used for the body doesn't quite match the rest of the colours. I simply changed those colours to a more reddish pink to fit better with the colours. Otherwise, you've done an amazing job with the colour choice.
->

Design: Funeral Blues

Critiqued:

Edited By Shimeree on 5/18/2021 at 9:08 PM.
Noha
Level 70
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 43
Posted: 5/17/2021 at 6:01 PM Post #430
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 42, 43, 44... 68, 69, 70
This Page loaded in 0.015 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.