Players 2,353 346
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,255,791 1,456
Generated 656,436 9
Captured 1,191,034 46
Bred 6,408,226 1,401
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Groups, Guilds, Clubs, and Services > ~*~ DESIGNERS' CHALLENGE UNIVERSITY...
Page 36 1, 2, 3... 35, 36, 37... 68, 69, 70 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Lunadove
Level 70
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 174
Posted: 4/5/2021 at 8:49 AM Post #351
OwO I missed that I won... oop. Could I get an offspring from the River Bed nixi pair pls? Thank you!
Zolnixi
Level 65
Majestic Green Thumb
Threads: 43
Posted: 4/5/2021 at 9:06 AM Post #352
I really like the image you created, and telling us to have a happy Easter! I hope you have a happy Easter too.. somehow. I'm not a big fan of the Ferrikki's mutations, but nice colour sceme! I would have preferred a Ferrikki with cooler mutations. Not being mean, just sharing my opinion

And my design:

Edited By Zolnixi on 4/5/2021 at 1:51 PM.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 293
Posted: 4/5/2021 at 12:54 PM Post #353
Welcome! The link to our current challenge and discord can be found on the front page :)
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 4/5/2021 at 12:56 PM Post #354
Dragongem23
Level 63
The Tender
Threads: 254
Posted: 4/5/2021 at 1:16 PM Post #355
@zolnixi
First off the rainbow gems are a perfect idea to convery the many wonderful colors of the eggs but with the bright green of the diamond dust i feel like it takes away from that. So i decided to darken the brown a tiny bit and make the dust cream speckles because it appears the bunny in the image has some cream speckles which i think works better than the harsh white. I still wanted to keep the lovely green so i made it the eyes instead and made it more of a minty green.

Warm Easter Tones
Easter's normally pastels but recently i've found a love for the hand painted eggs and i've found some lovely ones

May add more depends on how busy my week gets
Edited By Dragongem23 on 4/5/2021 at 1:24 PM.
Noha
Level 70
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 43
Posted: 4/6/2021 at 2:06 AM Post #356
Really sorry but I do need to opt out again. I still need to catch up on my homework.

Good luck to everyone!
Lovador
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 92
Posted: 4/7/2021 at 8:35 AM Post #357
@ Dragongem23
I really like how the warmer tones of Easter go well with the Lupora. I also like how the genes and mutations colors has contrast to the brown and made the brown colors pop more. I don't have any suggestions on what to add but I think you did amazing on your design.

Easter fudge cookie bar

Edited By Lovador on 4/8/2021 at 8:39 AM.
Frostfire
Level 69
Frosty Hands
Threads: 5
Posted: 4/7/2021 at 1:31 PM Post #358
Critiques:
Easter Fudge Cookie Bar

I really like the subject you chose for your design, those bars look delicious! And the traits you chose fit the design as well (I like how it looks like particles of food flying out), but maybe the G1 was a bit much
However, your colors are a little too dark, which hides the cool trait combination you've made, and that maybe you should try some warmer browns.
Also, I understand that you wanted to include many colors to represent the sprinkles on the bars, but as of right now it kinda looks messy. I would suggest that you pick 2-3 colors (maybe pastel pink and blue to create contrast, I think my example of red and yellow blends too much) to represent the sprinkles and use those instead to make the design look more balanced

Original-------------------------------- > Critiqued

My design(s):

Original:

Critiqued:

Pastel Paint Ryori
I wanted my design to showcase some of the lighter colors of egg paints, and I wanted there to be a sort of effect where, when you look at it from afar, it looks like a smooth blend of colors and that you could only see the little details when you got closer.

Original:

Critiqued:

Verbear (Verba Bear) Morkko
In the country I come from people physically cannot celebrate Palm Sunday with palm branches so they take the "verba" branches that blossom around that time instead. In preparation for Easter people would also put these branches in jugs after getting them sprinkled by holy water (but we only rip branches after the yellow pollen falls off)

Original:

Critiqued:

Ancient Craft Nytekrie
These eggs are a cool representation of the kind of egg painting people back home do (although all regional patterns are different and these eggs are carved from wood), and this design is supposed to bring forward the dark colors to be complemented by the gold, in both the eggs and Nytekries.
Edited By Frostfire on 4/10/2021 at 8:23 PM.
Saroyan
Level 70
Trickster
Threads: 5
Posted: 4/10/2021 at 5:48 AM Post #359
~~ Lowickie Easter Eggs Ny'vene ~~

Lowicz is a region of Poland where the most traditional art is made. One of more well known trinkets made in Lowicz are hand-painted Easter Eggs. In my design I wanted to showcase especially the intricate patterns and strong colors that make this branch of polish arts so fascinating and beautiful. Lowickie Easter Eggs most often have flowers, roosters or complicated patterns similiar to lace painted in bold colors like strongly saturated blues, reds and yellows. Sometimes you can spot orange and pastel blue.

~~ Critique ~~

~~ Pastel Paint ~~

Let's be honest. Designing a pet using only pastel colors is a difficult thing. You should be proud of yourself, because you almost got your Ryori design perfect. The only real issue I had with it was that the base color (C1) was a tad bit too dark for my liking. I lightened up both C1 and C2 and pale the eye color slot a little bit too. I also added pastel orange that was lacking in your design but was on the picture in M2. Adding a little bit of darker pink on Petal Markings boldened them and made them more visible. Overall, seeing as designing pets using pastel colors is hard, your Ryori is a solid and pretty design.

Before and After:

~~ Verbear ~~

I had a few more issues with this one. It's good but a little too pale in my opinion. White used in correct doses can do miracles, but adding too much can make a design terribly bland and unappealing. Willow catkins are not perfectly white, but more on the dirty white/brown-ish side of things, so I changed G2 (Tanuki trait) to a pale gray/brown color that nicely blended with surrounding whites and yellows. I also tweaked the M1 color slot and made it more red-ish brown similiar to the shells around the catkins. I would also advise you to use more rich sunny yellows instead of neon ones that often don't fit into the more natural designs.

Before and After:

~~ Ancient Crafts ~~

As for these two; they're really nice and those traditional Easter Eggs are stunning! The trait choices are nice and fit the object the Nytes were based of of. I think that the only thing you could change is the variety of shades you use in your desings. From what I observed you often use the same shade of a single color in many color slots of your design. Sometimes it looks good, but often times a more varied palette is what you need to make a design simply stunning. So, I played with different shades of greens, reds and yellows and got a result you can see below. Overall, your designs are great and you're improving with every week, but no-one is perfect and we all have a room to grow.

Before and After:

Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 4/11/2021 at 6:38 PM Post #360
TOP 3
Easter Things
Challenge

(PLEASE BE SURE TO READ EVERYTHING)

Well I hope once again we all had a fun easter last week and are now ready for those coming warmer months (at least down in Texas we're already hitting the 100s heatwise!) - so let me know how warm it's gotten for y'all! This was a slower week but i'm happy to see we had less opt outs, now speaking of entries let's get those winners out below!

(Remember if you are chosen, you need to claim your prize before the next deadline otherwise you will forfeit it.)

TOP CRITIQUER IS: Saroyan

@Saro- Please send me a CoD for 20k, you had a very good critique this time around, good job!

1st PLACE~
Saro's
Design:

Lowickie Easter Eggs Ny'vene

I love the colors in this design and i've actually never heard of a Lowickie easter egg - it's very pretty! Now my favorite thing about this design is the wings. Those wings look just like the dots on the wings and the flower headpiece was a nice touch to replicate those little mini flowers on the egg. Overall this is just a very please design, great great job over all and for a prize choose from these (1) (2) (3) (4) stables and pick a pair to get a baby from and send a CoD for 20k! In addition you may also look in Celticnuru's GROUP stable and pick a pet from there if you would like to forgo a pet from me.

2nd PLACE~
Dragon's
Design:

Warm Easter Tones Lupora

I know this design wasn't your traditional easter colors but I love it! The luporas have a certain vibe about them that I can't quite place but I quite enjoy. Tribal was a good choice in markings as it does look like the stripes found on many of the eggs in your reference photos. Your design is very natural yet at the same really represents those eggs you chose - great job Send a CoD for 15k please and please keep up the good work, I look forward to seeing what you make in the future!

3rd PLACE~
Frost's
Design:

Ancient Craft Nytekrie

Critiqued

What a fun idea for this design! I like that you included both the red and the egg design in their own separate designs instead of mashing them together (which probably would have lead to a christmas mess) but keeping the same shade of gold and matching markings to really make them a pair. This was a very clever idea and I honestly love it. This design really is a just an overall great creation so Great job on this design and send a CoD for 10k!

Mystery prize winner will be DMed shortly.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 35, 36, 37... 68, 69, 70
This Page loaded in 0.016 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.