Forum Index > Roleplay Games > Halcyon [RPG]
Page 2 1, 2, 3... 11, 12, 13 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Xedite
Level 71
The Perfectionist
Threads: 54
Posted: 9/20/2020 at 3:21 PM Post #11
(hiya wanted to give people a chance to submit forms, but now that we have at least 3 people I'll just drop you all starting in the Kingdom of Vathia. I'll cycle latecomers in somehow, so no worries about missing anything or getting left behind.)

x

The kingdom before you seems to be a bustling place. It is a day like any other with people of all walks of life skittering here and there through the kingdom center with errands and chores of various forms. The day seems nice, warm, and sunny, but chilled ever so slightly by the mists of the waterfalls surrounding the hilly slopes and city walls.

Damien | 70 HP | Kingdom of Vathia
Just off to the left side of the city, close to the guarded gates, even Prince Edos seems out doing his rounds, clutching tightly to a rolled up scroll and sheepishly trying to slip past a crowd of city folk conversing just outside of the town's forge.
When he reached the door finally, he exhaled a breath and let himself inside, looking around the inside for a familiar face.
"You're not yet off for the day, are you?" He called out to Kandir, loosening the grip on the scroll. "I just had a small request for you. I'll come around the back if you prefer."
Vampory
Level 75
The Carver
Threads: 47
Posted: 9/20/2020 at 4:54 PM Post #12
Sven, 160 HP, Kingdom of Vathia.

As you curse the gods for the hundredth time, you wish once again you'd finally just get yourself a hood or longer coat of some kind.

Right now, youre camping out in the shadows of some tall trees on the outskirts of town-- people watching. Why dont you venture in further? Well, no big reason other than the fact that you're dead. And when you say dead, you mean like, dead dead. You are-- the deadest mofo to ever walk again after being mugged and offed by some nasty streetrats for a measly bag of coin.

Right yeah, so why were you wishing for a coat again? "Oh yeah, maybe because you look like a walking ghoul..." You mutter to yourself, looking down at your weird off-colored skin. You click your tongue in annoyance. "I guess I am a ghoul though, or whatever..."

Maybe you could check a library, they probably have books on undead....oh wait yeah. YOURE DEAD.

"Aughhhhh--" you dramatically pinch the bridge of your nose. Of course you didn't just get resurrected today , but the whole time you'd just been loitering around smaller villages, and while you spooked the people their, they weren't the posh upperclassmen folk living in the ****** Kingdom. Still, you should have gotten a hood of some sort by now to cover up most of your face-- like your eyes. Oversight on your part. Ehe, sight, puns. Oh well.

Maybe you could wait until night and weasel your way through some back alleys? Lord knows some guards would catch you and chase you out just your luck--
Xedite
Level 71
The Perfectionist
Posted: 9/20/2020 at 5:36 PM Post #13

Speaking of guards, 3 guards stood nearby, watching over the entry to the Kingdom with their backs pressed against the gate. They were chatting among themselves when one of them motioned the group to be quiet, pointing to the lumbering figure in the distance. Turns out undead are indeed very conspicuous during the daytime.

Off to the left side, there seems to be an entrance into the guard barracks with more guards hanging around the area, polishing armor and taking inventory of current armaments.

To the right side, there is a path leading to a fenced-in stable with chickens prowling around it.
Opalpiccolo
Level 30
Threads: 5
Posted: 9/20/2020 at 6:29 PM Post #14
Kandir | 70 HP | Kingdom of Vathia
I look up from my sketches to see Damien and I start putting the papers up in a neat pile while standing up. "No I've still got an hour or two left. And it hasn't been very busy today so I plenty materials left." I finish stacking the papers and push the chair in under the desk "I've been working on some mini projects of mine." I explain as I gesture towards the stacked papers.
TomRiddle
Level 75
High Druid
Threads: 24
Posted: 9/20/2020 at 6:41 PM Post #15
Aaron - 70 HP - a tree kingdom of Vathia

There's someone... odd sitting beneath the trees to the side of the path leading into town. You come closer to peer at them. Hooking your legs over a sturdy branch, you flip upside down to better inspect the being while remaining at a safe distance. Flicking out your tongue, you taste something... dead on the air. Interesting. Moving to right yourself, you hear something clink softly in your coat right before said thing falls out, headed right for the stranger underneath. ....oops?
Xedite
Level 71
The Perfectionist
Posted: 9/20/2020 at 7:07 PM Post #16
Damien | 70 HP | Kingdom of Vathia (Forge)
"That's surprising. Usually I see more passing adventurers around your shop. You'll have to show me those projects sometime." Damien smiled slightly and unrolled the scroll onto the shop's counter. "As for this.. Well.. It's an undertaking." He sighed.
"The palace's ceremonial sword has gone missing without a trace. The materials for this might be a bit.. unusual, I'm afraid.
I'll need a replacement made before the next Moon Festival in a month. I know this isn't specifically your area of expertise, but I've seen your craftsmanship for myself.. And I trust it." He tapped the scroll with a claw.
"All of the instructions and materials you need are listed here.. But I'm afraid for the Moon Labradorite, I'll be needing to make a personal trip out to the Old Ruins. The quarry near there still holds the stones that were used for the original blade."
Edited By Xedite on 9/20/2020 at 7:54 PM.
Vampory
Level 75
The Carver
Threads: 47
Posted: 9/20/2020 at 7:39 PM Post #17
Sven, 160 HP, Kingdom of Vathia (guard post)

Sven spits out a curse in surprise, something hitting him on the back. He jumps about five feet in the air (not literally of course) and out into the sunlight, putting his back to the guards as he scrambles for his hatchet and fails because-- uh, well, its in his bag.

Which is on his back.

Damn he should really find like-- a way to carry it that didn't involve having to take his bag off first or learn to quickly reach behind himself to get it.

"Whose there?!?" He instead demands, telling himself to be calm about this, no use panicking, and reaching around into his bag slowly and more thoroughly searching it, hand still finding nothing but air and cloth in it.

He glances to the ground briefly to see what fell on him. Christ-- guards, he glances behind him aswell to see if they've caught on to the commotion.
Edited By Sl33pl3ssnights on 9/21/2020 at 9:45 PM.
Xedite
Level 71
The Perfectionist
Posted: 9/20/2020 at 7:59 PM Post #18
The guards remain oblivious to the commotion, having already been distracted by a drunken swordsman threatening one of the Kingdom's merchant's. One of the guards broke off from the gate to settle the commotion, leaving the other two to watch with interest and snickers between themselves.

There seemed to be a shimmering bracelet on the ground, no doubt pilfered off one of the nobles in town. It looked expensive.
Opalpiccolo
Level 30
Threads: 5
Posted: 9/20/2020 at 8:03 PM Post #19
Kandir | 70 | Kingdom of Vathia (Forge)
"That is quite the project, but who could have taken the sword, and from the palace no less?" I was shocked to say the least, but the longer I looked at the details for the sword the more excited I became and the less worried about what had happened.
"I always love a good project and I'm sure this won't disappoint, but the materials will definitely be a bit of an issue." I looked around the shop to see if I had all the other materials and there were a few that I would need to stock up on, but with a month til the festival it should be doable.
"If you don't mind could I possibly come with you to get the Moon Labradorite. I do need to make sure that what you get would be enough for the sword. I am a bit particular with what I work with since what I do is usually intricate." I hope I can do a sword as well as I can my machines and my gun, I think to myself as I turn to face Damien for his answer.
Edited By Opalpiccolo on 9/20/2020 at 8:19 PM.
TomRiddle
Level 75
High Druid
Threads: 24
Posted: 9/20/2020 at 8:13 PM Post #20
Aaron - 70 hp - tree (Vathia)

Sneaking a quick glance at the guards nearby to make sure they won't be coming over, Aaron scales back down the tree and attempts to surreptitiously scoop the bracelet back up. He crouches in the shadows behind the dead guy and snags the glittering pile of chains with a delicate claw. With a soft hiss of self-satisfaction at having stayed completely undetected (unless you count the dead dude. which he won't. if it's not an authority, the noticing doesn't count.) on yet another escapade, Aaron rises to his feet and moves to dart back up into his tree.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 11, 12, 13
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.