Author Thread Post
Xedite
Level 71
The Perfectionist
Threads: 54
Posted: 8/5/2020 at 12:36 PM Post #1

Halcyon
adjective
Describing a period of time in the past that was idyllically happy and peaceful.

You find yourself thrown into a strange realm where the real meets the unreal. A realm of dreams and fantasy. You aren't entirely sure how you arrived and are even less sure on how you would even begin to return to your own realm.

The realm around you seems strangely pristine and peaceful inviting you to stay and rest a while, but you can't help but shake the feeling that some sinister presence wishes to keep you here for all of eternity.

Index
Rules
Class & Ability Info
Locations
NPCs & Artifacts
Current Characters
Lorebook

Pinglist: Xedite, Opalpiccolo, Sl33pl3ssnights, TomRiddle, Starpup5

Character Form:

For now, I'm limiting people to two characters each. To join, PM me with your form. I will ping you on this thread if it is accepted and enter you into the RPG afterwards.
Remove everything in parenthesis.

Player:

Name:

Species:

Sexuality:

Class:

Alignment: (DND Alignments)

Appearance:

Personality: (MBTI types are acceptable)

Stats:

Vitality:
Strength:
Speed:
Focus:
Defense:
Wit:
Intelligence:

Abilities:

Equipment:

Background: (optional)

Other:

Slots:

1. Opalpiccolo
2. Slep
3. TomRiddle
4. Starpup5
Edited By Xedite on 9/27/2020 at 12:18 AM.
Xedite
Level 71
The Perfectionist
Posted: 8/5/2020 at 12:38 PM Post #2
Rules and Other Info:

This RPG is sort of a sandbox environment. While the setting is mostly fantasy based, characters from other genres are allowed because it is a dream world.
Your character is not able to 'wake up' from it and must find out why. Your character can die in this world, leaving them trapped in it.

Things will be set mostly as a high fantasy adventure, but there may darker elements and spooky dream monsters along the way. It is highly recommend to keep track of details of plot or lore gathered while exploring. Nothing may be what it seems.
I will give a recap of things on request if needed.

1. I have the right to deny any character submissions and end/pause the rpg where I see fit. I will do my best to alert players beforehand.

2. I don't have a specific posting schedule, but I will try to reply at least once a day at a very bare minimum. I try to post much more than this, but I make no promises with classwork being on my plate.

3. For now, I'm limiting people to two characters each. To join, PM me with your form. I will ping you on this thread if it is accepted and enter you into the RPG afterwards.

4. I, GM/DM, control all story events, lore, environments, etc. What I say is law. The only thing you can control is your own character's thoughts and actions. On that note, trying actions that have a chance to fail (such as dodging, opening a chest, trying to convince NPCs, breaking a lock into a fortress), continue to have a chance to fail.
Your character will not succeed at everything they attempt to do. I determine the result via dice roll.

5. Other basic rp rules apply. Don't control other people's characters, including NPCs, and try to keep your character relatively balanced equipment wise. No instakill weapons or invincible armors, got it?

6. I work best with longer replies. If you only give me a sentence to work with, don't expect an interesting result. Be creative.
(ex: Bad: 'Damien looked at the lock, frowning' vs Good: 'Damien attempted to break the lock of the imposing fortress that loomed in front of him. He was fearful of what it might contain, but tried not to show it to his allies.')

7. For each post, please identify your character, vitality, location, and any currently activated abilities at the top of it. This helps me keep track of things in combat situations and if I need to put down the rpg for a couple days and come back to it.

Ex:
Damien - 40 HP - Forest - (Cloak)
Post text here

8. Please inform me either via OOC or PM if you'd like to leave the RPG or plan on going on break from Sylestia for whatever reason. I will remove inactive players if I've gotten no word from them in 2 weeks. I will ping you after a week to remind you if you haven't posted recently.

etc etc
yeah

If anything doesn't make sense or you have any other questions about anything, just drop me a message.
Edited By Xedite on 9/19/2020 at 5:59 AM.
Xedite
Level 71
The Perfectionist
Posted: 8/5/2020 at 12:38 PM Post #3

Character Classes:
Each active ability has a 2 combat turn cooldown after use. Passive abilities have none and are always 'on.' Magic is restricted to solely magic classes at the start.

Cooldowns are counted through all player posts (other posts than mine) when in a party, hopefully making it easier to steamroll things through teamwork. :>

In combat, both player and monster HP totals will be displayed. You can die if your HP hits zero.

Additional abilities can be unlocked over time by uncovering dream artifacts or progressing the story.

Physical Classes
These classes are intended for all around, melee playstyles. All damage dealt with these classes with be calculated through the strength stat, unless otherwise specified.

Warlord:
This character is a brutal master of deadly, close range weaponry and demolishes foes with powerful blows.
+4 strength

Pick 2 abilities:

Brutal Swing- A reckless attack with killing intent. (+6 strength, -4 defense on turn used, 3 turn cooldown)
Impale- A savage, piercing attack. Negate enemy defense when calculating damage. (3 turn cooldown)
Berserk Rage- Enter a fierce rage, boosting your strength by +8 but reducing defense by -5 for 3 turns. (5 turn cooldown)
Crushing Blow- A devastating blow meant to cripple multiple enemies. (Inflicts stun on nearby enemies for 3 turns. 4 turn cooldown)

Brawler:
This character is a master of unarmed combat.
+2 strength +2 speed

Pick 2 abilities:

Pummel- A powerful attack that can stun a targeted enemy for 3 post turns. (Passive +2 strength on turn used, stuns, 4 post turn cooldown)
Fast Fists- A rapid series of punches that calculates damage 3 times. (5 turn cooldown)
Grapple- Throw an enemy off guard. (Negate an enemy's defense and stun an enemy for 3 turns, 4 post cooldown)
Swift Feet- For two posts, you are lighter on your feet, making it easier to flee or dodge. (passive +4 speed when used for two posts, 4 post cooldown)

Fighter:
This character makes great use of short range melee weaponry to demolish their enemies.
+2 strength +2 vitality

Pick 2 abilities:

Earthshatter- Your attacks are powerful enough to shake even the earth. Your blows damage enemies near you.
(passive)
Pummel- A powerful attack that can stun a targeted enemy for 3 post turns. (Passive +2 strength on turn used, stuns, 4 post turn cooldown)
Armor Break- Negate enemy defenses for 2 posts. (3 post cooldown)
Brutal Swing- A reckless attack with killing intent. (+6 strength, -4 defense on turn used, 3 turn cooldown)

Monk:

A pious master of religious study. They use a mix of unarmed strikes and magically enchanted attacks to cripple their foes.
+4 vit

Pick 2 abilities:

Blazing Fists- Strike twice and burn a targeted enemy. (5 turn cooldown)
Frost Piercing Strikes- Strike twice and immobilize a targeted enemy. (5 turn cooldown)
Pray- Ask for divine protection. Heals 20 HP at the cost of a combat action this turn. (4 turn cooldown)
Spirit Break- Blast an enemy with a charged strike. (+2 passive strength on turn used. Stun enemy for 2 turns. 3 turn cooldown)

Druid:
This character is a devout worshiper of nature and gleans its strength from the forest.
+2 vit, +2 defense

Pick 2 abilities:

Charm Animals- You seem to have a talent at acquiring animal friends. Animals are more likely to follow you.
(passive)
Ensnare- A defensive skill used to bind enemies in place. Active for 3 posts after use. (4 post cooldown)
Nature's Thorns- You seem to be unusually rugged. Enemies are passively injured on attacking you.
(passive)
Nature's Regeneration- This character heals more when fighting outside. (+10 HP per turn)
(passive)

Knight:

This character is a defensive behemoth geared to withstand heavy damage.
+4 defense

Pick 2 abilities:
Bulwark- You take a defensive stance and boost your defense by +4 for two posts. (3 post cooldown)
Armor Bash- This attack uses your defense stat to calculate damage dealt. (3 post cooldown)
Heavy Armor- You wear exceptionally strong armor that is difficult for enemies to break.
(passive. Add +3 vit, +3 defense, -3 speed to base stats)

Lancer:
This character is skilled with pole arms and long-ranged melee weaponry.
+2 defense, +2 strength

Pick 2 abilities:

Impale- A savage, piercing attack. Negate enemy defense when calculating damage. (3 post cooldown)
Beastslayer- An attack most effective on monsters. Doubles damage dealt when used against unholy creatures. (4 post cooldown)
Poisoned Weaponry- Your weapons gain poison.
(passive)
Disarm- Removes weapons from an enemy. Enemy must have weapons for this to succeed. (4 post cooldown.)

Paladin:
This character is a holy monster killer geared towards balanced offensive and supportive abilities.
+2 focus, +2 defense

Pick 2 abilities:

Divine Grace- Imbue your weapon with holy power. Deals additional damage to unholy and the undead.
(passive)
Holy Blast- Smite enemies with a burning attack. (Magic damage, burns. 3 turn cooldown)
Healing Touch- Heal others with a touch. Heals 50 HP to a target ally. (5 turn cooldown)
Pray- Ask for divine protection. Heals 20 HP at the cost of a combat action. (4 turn cooldown)

Assassin:
This character is a master of deadly swiftness.
+4 speed

Pick 2 abilities:

Killing Slice- An accurate slice with deadly potential. (passive +4 to strength to attack on post used, 3 post cooldown. Has a small chance to instantly kill basic enemies.)
Cloak- For two posts, you cling to the shadows for cover, making you harder to see. (4 post cooldown)
Swift Feet- For two posts, you are lighter on your feet, making it easier to flee or dodge. (passive +4 speed when used for two posts, 4 post turn cooldown)
Lady Luck- You are particularly lucky and seem to have a keen eye for the best jobs and how to get yourself out of tight spots.
(passive)

Magic Classes
These classes are intended for aggressive, magic playstyles. All damage dealt with these classes with be calculated through the intelligence stat, unless otherwise specified.

Cleric:

This character is a master of defensive skills and healing abilities.
+2 vit +2 focus

Pick 2 abilities:

Resurrect- You are able to resurrect a character once from death. This cannot be used to revive the user. Can be used on each player once. (3 turn cooldown)
Healing Touch- Heal others with a touch. Heals 50 HP to a target ally. (5 turn cooldown)
Regeneration- Grant all allies 10 HP per turn for 4 turns. (5 turn cooldown)
Holy Blast- Smite enemies with a burning attack. (Magic damage, burns. 3 turn cooldown)

Sorcerer:

A master of powerful, ancient magic.
+4 int

Pick 2 abilities:

Demonic Pact: Burn all nearby enemies with accursed flames. Burns. Deals double damage. -30 HP on use (4 turn cooldown.)
Lifesteal- Drain health from a targeted foe. Heals you by 20 HP. (4 turn cooldown)
Eldritch Reach- Slam enemies with a barrage of dark, unfathomable power. Hits twice. (Magic damage, passive +2 int after use. 4 turn cooldown)
Blink: Reposition yourself out of harm's way. (6 turn cooldown.)

Spellcaster:
This character is exceptionally skilled with elemental magical arts.
+2 int +2 focus

Pick 2 abilities:

Firestorm- A raging inferno cloaks your enemies, burning them. (Magic Attack. Burns, damages all nearby enemies. 5 turn cooldown)
Hail: Slam all nearby enemies with an icy storm. (4 turn cooldown.)
Elementalist: Reduce all magic cooldowns by 2. -3 base defense.
(passive)
Thunderstorm- A jolting storm engulfs your enemies, stunning them. (passive +2 int when used, stuns nearby enemies for 3 turns. 5 turn cooldown)

Warlock:
This character is skilled with dark magic and hexes.
+2 vitality +2 intelligence

Pick 2 abilities:

Bind- Bind nearby enemies in place with shadow tendrils for 3 turns. (5 turn cooldown)
Curse- Deal 40 HP damage to yourself to drain enemy hp by 30 per turn. (5 turn cooldown)
Lifesteal- Drain health from a targeted foe. Heals you by 20 HP. (4 turn cooldown)
Eldritch Reach- Slam enemies with a barrage of dark, unfathomable power. Hits twice. (Magic damage, passive +2 int after use. 4 turn cooldown)

Spellsword
This character is a fleet footed master of sorcery and swords.
+4 speed

Pick 2 abilities:

Magic Might- All damage dealt is calculated with both the strength and intelligence stats.
(passive)
Ice Slash- A barrage of swift sword slashes that chill foes to the bone. (Immobilizes a targeted enemy for 4 turns, 5 turn cooldown)
Firestorm- A raging inferno cloaks your enemies, burning them. (Magic Attack. Burns, damages all nearby enemies. 5 turn cooldown)
Thunderstorm- A jolting storm engulfs your enemies, stunning them. (passive +2 int when used, stuns nearby enemies for 3 turns. 5 turn cooldown)

Illusionist:
This character is a crafty master of manipulating the visible reality.
+2 int +2 speed

Pick 2 abilities:

Cloak- For two posts, you cling to the shadows for cover, making you harder to see. (3 turn cooldown)
Confound- For three posts, create two mirage clones of yourself to distract enemies. (5 turn cooldown)
Glass Walls- Halt enemy attacks in their tracks with invisible defensive walls. Surrounds you and your allies with glass walls for 3 turns. (5 turn cooldown)
Hallucinate- For two posts, you can cause enemies around you to hallucinate, disorienting them. (3 turn cooldown)

Ranged Classes
These classes are intended for campy playstyles. All damage dealt with these classes with be calculated through the focus stat, unless otherwise specified.

Ranger:
A character of unparalleled focus and master of ranged strikes.
+4 focus

Pick 2 abilities:

Snipe- A shot that deals double damage from long range. (4 turn cooldown)
Precision Shot- A shot that always finds its mark. This attack cannot miss. (4 turn cooldown)
Charged Focus- Steady your mind and steady your aim. (+3 focus for 3 turns after use)
Piercing Shot- A strong shot that pierces enemy armor. Negate enemy armor when calculating damage. (3 turn cooldown)

Pick 2 abilities:

Gunslinger:

This character is a master of firearms.
+2 focus +2 speed

Pick 2 abilities:

Snipe- A shot that deals double damage from long range. (4 turn cooldown)
Piercing Shot- A strong shot that pierces enemy armor. Negate enemy armor when calculating damage. (3 turn cooldown)
Trigger Happy- Fire 5 shots at halved ranged damage. (5 turn cooldown)
Rapid Shot- A rapid attack that calculates damage 3 times. (5 turn cooldown)

Artificer
A skilled user of both ranged weaponry and magical might.
+2 int, +2 focus

Pick 2 abilities:

Precision Shot- A shot that always finds its mark. This attack cannot miss. (4 turn cooldown)
Freezing Shot- Deals combined magic and ranged damage. (4 turn cooldown)
Trigger Happy- Fire 5 shots at halved ranged damage. (5 turn cooldown)
Burning Bullets- Fires twice and deals magic damage. Burns. (4 turn cooldown.)

Utility Classes
These classes are geared towards more defensive or tactical playstyles. All damage dealt with these classes with be calculated through the strength stat, unless otherwise specified.

Shifter:
A master of disguise. This character can shift forms and deceive others at will.
+4 wit

Pick 1 ability:

Mimicry- This character can mimic any humanoid. +3 to base wit
Animal Form- This character gains an animal form they can change into at will. +3 to base vit
Disguise- This character can mimic inanimate objects. +3 to base strength

Bard
A skilled entertainer and master of supportive abilities. This character supports their allies through song and dance.
+2 wit, +2 int

Pick 2 abilities:

Rally Luck: For 3 posts, you and your allies are much more lucky. (4 turn cooldown)
Rally Strength: For 3 posts, you and your allies are much stronger. (passive +2 strength, +2 int, +2 focus to all after use, 3 post cooldown)
Rally Defense: For 3 posts, you and your allies are much stronger. (passive +3 defense to all after use, 3 post cooldown)
Song of Healing: Quickly heal your allies for 20 HP after use. (4 post cooldown after use)

Rogue:
This character is skilled in thievery and sneak attacks.
+2 wit +2 speed

Pick 2 abilities:

Cloak- For two posts, you cling to the shadows for cover, making you harder to see. (3 post cooldown)
Sticky Fingers- You seem to have a knack for acquiring objects. You are more successful at obtaining objects off both people and loot from monsters alike.
(passive)
Lockpick- You have the ability to pick locks and locked chests without need of a lockpick.
(passive)
Backstab- A sneaky ambush attack meant to deal double damage to unsuspecting foes.
(4 post cooldown)

Restricted Classes:
(Ask me about these before selecting one. All of these are tied to major story characters, enemies, npcs, or otherwise have preset lore attached to them.)

Prince [Taken]
A member of the Vathia royalty. This character has refined stoicism and grace.
+2 vit, +2 wit

Abilities:
Royal Command- NPCs are more compelled to listen to this character's demands.
(passive)
Holy Dragonfire- This character can exhale a magical fire attack. Burns unholy monsters and undead
(Magic attack. 2 turn cooldown)

Princess [NPC]
A member of the Vathia royalty. This character has refined stoicism and grace.
+2 vit, +2 def

Abilities:
Animal Form (Black Dragon)
Black Dragonfire- This character can exhale a demonic fire attack. Burns.
(Magic attack. Two turn cooldown)

Oracle [NPC]
A sworn disciple of the Dragon Mother. This character can see between the real and unreal.
+2 int, +2 def

Abilities:
Animal Form (Silver Dragon)
Dreamwalker- This character can walk in the dreams of others.
(passive)

Nightmare King [NPC]
A twisted evil, reborn.
+10 vit, +6 str, +4 def, +4 int

Abilities:
Animal Form (Grey Dragon)
Deep Slumber: Cause all nearby enemies to become drowsy. (5 turn cooldown)
Grey Dragonfire: (Combined magic and physical damage. Burns. Passive +3 int on turn used, three turn cooldown)
Hallucinate- For two posts, you can cause enemies around you to hallucinate, disorienting them. (3 turn cooldown)
Raise Monsters: Call upon the spirits of the deceased to regain corporeal form. (Roll d4 to determine # of enemies spawned. 7 turn cooldown.)
Starfall- Rain down cosmic power onto all nearby enemies. (Magic attack. 2 turn cooldown.)

Tribesman
A faithful descendant of the Dragon Mother and native to Vathia, blessed with dragon blood and an abundance of strength.

Abilities:
Animal Form (Dragon)
Dragonfire- This character can exhale a powerful fire attack. Burns.
(Magic attack. Passive +2 int on turn used, three turn cooldown)

Corrupted Dragon
A twisted dragon, poisoned by the influence of the Nightmare King.

Dragonfire- This character can exhale a powerful fire attack. Burns.
(Magic attack. Passive +2 int on turn used, three turn cooldown)
Eldritch Physiology- This monster seems to have an incomprehensible form, making it harder to hit.
(passive)

Nightwalker
A corrupted monster spawned from nightmares. It strikes fear into all that have the misfortune of laying eyes on it.

Abilities:
Eldritch Physiology- This monster seems to have an incomprehensible form, making it harder to hit.
(passive)

Nightmare- This monster can feed off and heal itself off the unconscious or presently dreaming.

Lurker
A twisted, aggressive draconian beast with a canine-like stature. It seems to take a preference for the shadows.
Abilities:

Toxins- Inflicts poison with a bite.
(passive)
Acid Spit- This attack can negate enemy defenses for two posts.
Edited By Xedite on 9/19/2020 at 5:59 AM.
Xedite
Level 71
The Perfectionist
Posted: 8/5/2020 at 12:38 PM Post #4
Stats:

Assign 40 points and then add class bonus.

Vitality
(determines character endurance and resistance to attacks)
(1 point of vitality = 10 HP)

Strength
(affects strength of damage with melee attacks, physical character strength)

Speed
(determines character mobility. Higher stat allows for easier dodging, quicker recovery when knocked down or stunned.)

Focus
(basically mana, determines ability to maintain focus while spellcasting. Increases damage of ranged weapons (such as bows)

Defense
(increases effectiveness of armor or blocking)

Wit
(determines character charisma and ability to convince or outsmart characters)

Intelligence
(affects character perception and boosts damage dealt with magical attacks)

Locations:

The Great Hill

Once nothing more than a single cottage overlooking the Kingdom of Vathia, the Great Hill is a small, coastal merchant town home to many species. It seems refreshingly welcoming to all with its crisp, salty air.

The Old Ruins

A strange ruins near the edge of the dream realm. A mystic power seems to leak from the area. Strange abominations of shadow and evil make their home here.

Deep Ruins

Seated near the end of the realm, the remnants of a once great fortress, now reclaimed by nature waits. It seems infested by monsters.

Kingdom of Vathia

The largest kingdom of the realm and its apparent capital. Currently ruled by Prince Damien Edos and his twin sister, Princess Sinya Edos. It is home to most residents of the realm and seems to be a welcoming home to all outsiders passing through.

Forest of Eden

A serene forest with a large, cool lake in its center. The Forest of Eden surrounds the cliffs of the Kingdom of Vathia.
Edited By Xedite on 9/19/2020 at 5:55 AM.
Xedite
Level 71
The Perfectionist
Posted: 8/5/2020 at 12:43 PM Post #5
Important NPCs & Items:

A'Vier, the King of Nightmares
A man spoken of only in ancient legends passed through the realms of dreams. Said to be a man with powerful, cosmic magic and a keen eye for secrecy. He once ruled Vathia with an iron fist for 150 years before his presumed passing. No records of his face were ever kept, as if they were all simply erased from time itself.

The Dragon Mother

Said to have created the Amati people in her image, the Dragon Mother is the goddess of Vathia and keeper of dreams. She watches over all mortals from above.

Sinya Edos, the Princess of Vathia

One of the last descendants of the Nightmare King and a woman of stern composure. Sinya is a member of the Amati and follower of the Dragon Mother. She is known for her fierce strength with both a sword and claw.

The Oracle of Vathia

Said to be a woman born from the great Dragon Mother herself, the mysterious Oracle has taken a vow of silence, wishing to remain undisturbed in her cottage on the Great Hill. Recently, however, she has been seen in glimpses of the dreams of others, warning of ill times ahead.

Strange Thief

A mysterious woman supposedly paid by the Princess of Vathia to 'relocate' the ceremonial sword. She seems to have a lot of information on the royal family and the strange creatures appearing over the land.
Edited By Xedite on 9/22/2020 at 4:48 AM.
Xedite
Level 71
The Perfectionist
Posted: 8/5/2020 at 12:43 PM Post #6
Current Players & Characters:

(my character, less an npc than others here, so here is a form)

Player: Xedite

Name: Damien Edos

Species: Amati, an ancient species of fae-blooded dragonkin native to the realm of Vathia.

Sexuality: Aromantic Asexual

Class: Prince

Alignment: True Neutral

Appearance:
6'2

Personality: INFJ-T. While outwardly stoic and generally very formal in mannerisms and speech, Damien is even tempered and curious about most people and their histories. He is not one easily angered and maintains an aloof, social detachment in most situations. Surprisingly, he can be a bit verbose and long winded if someone gets him started on a topic of interest.

Stats:
Vitality: 5 (+2)
Strength: 0
Speed: 8
Focus: 8
Defense: 4
Wit: 7 (+2)
Intelligence: 8

Abilities:
-Royal Command
-Holy Dragonfire

Equipment: Damien generally travels lightly with nothing more than the robes on his back, a small journal with a collection of feather quills, and a star-shaped silver pendant he wears at all times. He does not like to fight, but if forced, will make creative use of materials on hand if his dragonfire fails him.

Background:
The crowned prince of the dream realm of Vathia. He seems very curious about the sudden influx of outsiders to his kingdom.
He is a devout follower of the Dragon Mother.

Other: Despite being one of the few remaining members of the Amati tribe remaining, Damien does not possess the ability to change into a dragon like others of his kind and only retains his feathered wings. While he is skilled at flying, he often opts not to.

He seems to be a night owl.

Player: Opalpiccolo

Name: Kandir Solstrun

Species: Human

Sexuality: Homosexual

Class: Artificer

Alignment: Neutral Good

Appearance:

Personality:
Kandir when approached by someone is very quiet and shy, but only if he doesn't want to talk to you. He can't stand people who will lie and then play stupid about it. He is very eager to learn and is constantly pushing to learn more about magic. If he is in a situation that has anything to do with magic he will be very open and will even talk about his creations and their abilities. He grew up in a large family and constantly had to prove himself worthy to be noticed by his parents. He did so by creating little knickknacks and mechanical contraptions and by slowly learning magic from books that he collected. His most prized possession is a gun that he crafted when he was 17. He has been perfecting it over the years and it works very well and when it breaks he knows how to fix it. He bought a forge for his projects but after people showed interest he set up a shop in the front to sell some of his contraptions. His second favorite thing he has made is a small dragon made of metal pieces.

Stats:
Vitality: 7
Strength: 3
Speed: 5
Focus: 8 (+2)
Wit: 6
Intelligence: 7 (+2)

Abilities:
-Precision Shot
-Freezing Shot

Equipment:
He never goes out of his house much so he usually only has a bag of coins, a book on enchantments, a bag of ammo, and his gun.
Background: He owns a large building that has a store in the front, a half indoors half outdoors forge in the back, and a second story that he lives in. He uses the forge make intricate works of metal for himself and for sale in his shop.

Other:
The knickknacks he makes range from jewelry to little wind up toys.

Player: Sl33pl3ssnights

Name: Sven Takane, the Chickenmancer

Age: Died at age 15 before being reanimated by some unknown force.

Species: Draugr (he doesnt look like a bloated, hulking, dead body, but the dude does weigh more than he looks-- shh.. don't mention it, he's self conscious!)

Sexuality: Yes

Class: Spellcaster

Alignment: True Neutral

Appearance:

Unruly jet black hair, shaven at the sides. Oddly pale and colorless skin. Dark red eyes with black sclera (makes it hard to tell where he's looking in low light). Thick eyebrows, slight freckles. Tall and lanky, very smiley. Small silver hoop earrings. He wears a faded black tanktop, black skinny jeans, and an off-color reddish-grey long sleeve jacket with a high collar (that he doesn't fold), one too many brown leather straps and metal fisheyes. The ends of his clothes are frayed and worn. Anything normally red tinted, like his mouth, or when he blushes, is instead grey. Bleeds a weird viscous-blackish-grey fluid that stinks worse than death itself.

Personality: ESTP-T

Stats:

Vitality: 16
Strength: 5
Speed: 2
Focus: 3(+2)
Defense: 4 (-2)
Intelligence: 4(+2)

Abilities:
Elementalist
Thunderstorm

Equipment: One roll of unused bandages. He has a small brown rucksack on his back that contains his hatchet, but can probably still fit anything the size of football or smaller in it. A large cloth cloak, lined with leather for defense. (+1 def)

Background: Sven is a reanimated corpse with many purposes! However... his few most important ones are: Brutally crush anyone who ever looked at him funny before he died (and maybe..nibble on them a little...), steal people's **** (although it's not his specialty, and he's not very...good at it.), and be a chill dude. (Also he would appreciate FINALLY knowing what kind of disaster decided to resurrect him.)

Other: He doesn't need to sleep, because it wouldn't replenish his energy, but that being said, he does have pretty low energy usually which is why he can't run for more than five minutes without basically collapsing from exhaustion. His body is also pretty weak, it takes more than one well placed stab to kill him, but his bones and skin are more fragile and likely to get damaged anyway.
Edited By Xedite on 9/24/2020 at 4:54 PM.
Xedite
Level 71
The Perfectionist
Posted: 9/18/2020 at 12:09 AM Post #7

Player: TomRiddle

Name: Aaron

Species: Swamp Lizardman

Sexuality: {shrug}

Class: Rogue

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Appearance: Hes a lizardman! Like Spiderman's Dr Conners (comic version, we dont talk about the movie guy)

Personality: ISTP - quiet, curious, independent. Voted most likely to poke the unknown but vaguely deadly looking object with a stick. Pretty good at getting himself and his companions out of a bind (which will only be his fault in the first place maybe a third of the time). Youll probably forget hes there sometimes, but never fear: he will generally make himself known with an inappropriate(ly timed, though mostly just inappropriate) line.

Stats:

Strength: 5
Speed: 7 (+2)
Focus: 5
Defense: 3
Wit: 9 (+2)
Intelligence: 4

Abilities:
Sticky Fingers
Lockpick

Equipment: Matched set of daggers and additional misc. blades and sharp objects. Leather duster, Harry Dresden style (just the coat itself, no enchantments). Possibly some allegedly stolen treasures. Not much else.

Background: Hell probably tell you he crawled out of a toxic swamp one day. Or that he was a science experiment, please dont ask. Occasionally youll hear about growing up as the local oddity. Wont ever say when, though. Can charm the pants off almost anyone but hed really rather you kept them on, thanks.

Other: If it looks remotely scaleable, he will climb it. this occasionally includes living beings Keeps a plethora of oddities and loose ends in his many pockets; probably ask him if you find yourself with a need for a handful of shiny rocks, scraps of paper, a stray bullet or two, or possibly a snack.

Player: Starpup5

Name: Asteria

Species: Elf

Sexuality: Straight

Class: Ranger

Appearance:

Personality: Asteria is very loyal to those who she cares about. She is hard to get to know since she has tried to build a wall around her heart after a battle from which she was the only survivor. Though if someone who she cares about is in trouble she will almost anything to help them. Though unlikely she is very kind especially if people are kind to her. She will find a solution to a problem without using force but will if necessary. She is very respectful if engaging in conversation or meeting someone.

Stats:

Vitality: 6
Strength: 4
Speed: 6
Focus: 4 (+4)
Intelligence: 10

Abilities:
-Snipe
-Piercing shot

Equipment: Bow and arrows, a few snare traps for trapping, a knife, a few medicinal herbs, quiver (which has a bow maintenance kit in it), and a small backpack.

Background:
Asteria is a traveler since she left the battle which she lost her close friends in. She does not enjoy talking about her past though if with a close friend she will share some of the happier moments of it such as when she played with her sister in the meadows. She has only just gotten to the kingdom.

Other: She can make her own arrows as well as craft a makeshift bow our of wood though the bow won't be pretty. The picture does not belong to me.

Player: Opalpiccolo

Name: Lady Cassandra Norvok

Species: Half-Elf

Sexuality: Demisexual Homoromantic

Class: Spellsword

Alignment: Lawful Good

Appearance:

Personality: ESFJ-A

Stats:

Strength: 6
Speed: 7 (+4)
Focus: 3
Wit: 5
Intelligence: 8

Abilities:
-Magic Might
-Thunderstorm

Equipment:
She has her set of armor and sword that her family gifted her. If she is traveling she has a horse that she rides with saddle bags to carry her traveling gear.

Background: Cassandra is from a noble elven family, her mother was the youngest of four and was arranged in a marriage with a human noble of a higher status, but he decided to move to where she lived. Since birth Cassandra was taught how to lead and was told to bring honor to the family name. She went along with it not really knowing anything else anyway, but around the age of 16 she realized she didnt want to lead, at least not politically. She would never outright disobey her parents, but she knew that it just wasnt for her. When she found out that her parents were arranging a marriage with someone she knew she did not like she realized that something had to be done, so she left. She wrote a note for her parents and walked right out the door with a mission, to find what she was meant to be. Eventually she ended up in the army, she had always an aptitude for magic and once she was taught how to fight she excelled. Over the years she rose up the ranks and became a Captain in the Vathian army and now she resides within the kingdom of Vathia. She finally went back home and her family came to terms with Cassandras new life and they gave her the sword and armor that she uses.

Other: Cassandra has an irrational fear of scorpions after reading about them in a book. She gets her jewelry from Kandir's shop.
Edited By Xedite on 9/21/2020 at 10:07 PM.
Xedite
Level 71
The Perfectionist
Posted: 9/18/2020 at 2:55 AM Post #8
Player: Xedite

Name: Armand Atelier

Species: Human, with a trace of dark elf hertiage.

Sexuality: Demiromantic Heterosexual

Class: Assassin

Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Appearance:

Has slightly pointed ears with black, tungsten piercings.

Personality: ISTJ-A. Armand is a quiet man of few words, preferring to let his sword do most of the talking. When he does speak, he speaks with authority and always hinges on doing things according to duty. He isn't one to break his word, the law, or a contract, seeing value in dependability. He tends to get irritated when things become too chaotic, having limited patience for unpredictability in his life. Armand is the type of person to plan 30 steps ahead, watching his allies' and enemies' intentions with eagle-eyed precision and caution.

Stats:

Vitality: 6
Strength: 8
Speed: 6 (+4)
Focus: 6
Defense: 5
Wit: 2
Intelligence: 7

Abilities:
Killing Slice
Cloak

Equipment: Armand carries most things he needs in his armored jacket, including a few sets of throwing daggers and a hunting knife if his prized, golden sword 'Justiciar' ever goes missing. He often wears leather gloves in combat despite dressing lightly in nothing more than chest wrappings, leather boots, and thin pants made for desert weather.

Background: Having originally woken up in this realm in the Forest of Eden, Armand's memories are a bit foggy. He's spent quite a few years in this realm, trying to probe its secrets and find a way home.. If he could even remember where home is. His skill with a sword caught the attention of Princess Edos who employed him to keep tabs on her brother Damien after making an attempt to breach the palace's defenses on a job after he had arrived in Vathia.

Other: He has a black tattoo of a slit eye on his right hand.

Player: TomRiddle

Name: Tobias Rhys Lynch

Species: ...human? mostly? maybe.

Sexuality: not picky tbh

Class: Druid

Appearance:

(Human)

(Snake form)

Personality: INTP - studious, friendly, absentminded. He won't necessarily go out of his way to talk to someone, but if you're interesting he might. He's a generally happiy kind of guy but if you mess with his people you're screwed.

Stats:

Vitality: 8 (+2)
Strength: 6
Speed: 7
Focus: 2
Defense: 5 (+2)
Intelligence: 6

Abilities:
-Charm Animals (passive)
-Nature's Thorns (passive)

Equipment: Has a pretty sturdy backpack which is full of odds and ends. Carries a staff (for walking but also for hitting people, when needed). Keeps a decent sword on hand because y'know. Wears a fairly nice cloak for a vagrant.

Background: His adoptive family found him in a basket that floated downstream. Like Moses, if Moses were a baby who sometimes turned into a snake. Raised by a mixed species community somewhere in the wilderness, he's more hands-on and nature-stuff smart than book smart but he'll read just about anything he can get his hands on.

Other: Likes to do art things, and dabbles in cartography sometimes. Just about all animals like him though his following is more avian and reptilian than furry, for obvious reasons.

Edited By Xedite on 9/24/2020 at 4:53 PM.
Xedite
Level 71
The Perfectionist
Posted: 9/19/2020 at 5:56 AM Post #9
res
Edited By Xedite on 9/24/2020 at 11:31 PM.
Xedite
Level 71
The Perfectionist
Posted: 9/19/2020 at 5:56 AM Post #10
Damien's Lorebook
To catalogue any collected pieces of lore and any other important events.

July 16. The ceremonial sword was stolen. Unfortunate that my own sister would put up such an elaborate ruse to have it quietly removed from the palace under my nose.
I had planned to retrieve it myself, but the thief in question left no traces, as if they knew the palace like the back of their own hand.

July 21. There's been reports of a white haired woman carrying the sword for herself from the city guards. To openly carry it for herself with no fear of the law.. It is clear to me that this thief has my sister's protection. But for what reason? I don't understand.. ..unless.. No.. She wouldn't.

July 26. I've arranged for the sword to be remade entirely before the Moon Festival next month with Kandir. Catching this thief has, so far, proven very time consuming and far from fruitful.
Edited By Xedite on 9/22/2020 at 4:43 AM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 11, 12, 13
This Page loaded in 0.013 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.