Page 12 1, 2, 3... 11, 12, 13 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Xedite
Level 71
The Perfectionist
Threads: 54
Posted: 9/28/2020 at 3:42 PM Post #111
Damien I 70 HP I Old Ruins
"It.. seems likely. However, I do not believe it would be safe for us alone to investigate it so ill-equipped. One of those beasts is enough to take down a man.. I cannot imagine dealing with an entire pack of them in such a confined space." The prince seemed weary and resistant to the idea of exploring the place himself.

Armand I 60 HP I Old Ruins
"Still worth getting to the root of. Your Highness, would you consider letting adventurers take on the risk of sorting this out?"

Damien I 70 HP I Old Ruins
Damien thought about it for a moment before sighing. "I don't think even I have the power to stop curious minds as much as I would not like to be responsible for any deaths. It would take quite a bit of time to reseal the area.. But if there are those looking to eliminate the problem at the root, then that would be a tremendous aid to the kingdom for sure."
Starpup5
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 62
Posted: 9/28/2020 at 4:07 PM Post #112
Asteria-60-Old Ruins

Asteria blushes slightly embarresed that they had heard her, "I'll help if the adventures do come here again."
She understood the feeling of helplessness and felt sorry for Damien.
Vampory
Level 75
The Carver
Threads: 47
Posted: 9/28/2020 at 4:11 PM Post #113
Sven, 160HP,Vathia

Wow some of these undead were really ugly. Youre glad you don't look like that-- or well... Not yet anyway. You finger the page on Draugrs, rereading the section over and over. Of course youre not a walking skeleton, but honestly its the closest thing you can find besides an actual zombie and-- yeah you haven't been trying to eat people. Actually you haven't eaten anything. Also there was some vaguely written sentences at the bottom of the passage that mentioned some historical study done on them. Apparently they aged into skeletons? So cool, you guess you'd be a skeleton in few years. Nice. Perfectly fine.

It would also seem that whoever resurrected you was quite the somebody though, because all these spells looked complicated as hell. Even the beginner ones, although the "stealing life force" one seemed interesting enough to learn.

You look up at the sky, seeing that its mid-day now. Well, you oughta get going towards the Great Hill then, you could probably make it by night.
Xedite
Level 71
The Perfectionist
Posted: 9/29/2020 at 11:59 AM Post #114
Damien | 70 HP | Old Ruins
"Ah. No need to be embarrassed." Damien reassured Asteria, dipping his head slightly to her with the sincerity of his words. "I would be eternally grateful for any future assistance. If you two are set on exploring here later, then you have my permission."

Armand | 60 HP | Old Ruins
Armand eyed Damien with a moment of visible skepticism before returning a nod. "Thank you, your Highness. We'll make short work of this for sure."

"No need, no need. If anything, I should be thanking you two." He laughed slightly. "Now, I think we've stalled here long enough. Best we head back to the Kingdom before those beasts gain our scent again."
Edited By Xedite on 9/29/2020 at 12:12 PM.
Xedite
Level 71
The Perfectionist
Posted: 9/29/2020 at 12:10 PM Post #115
+ Gained Necromatic Healing.

The mountainous path up to the Great Hill was quiet this time of the evening. It wasn't much of a long trek in itself, but the steep terrain made it less than straightforward for someone shambling along on foot. The sound of ducks and crickets could be heard in the distance.
Edited By Xedite on 9/29/2020 at 12:12 PM.
Starpup5
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 9/29/2020 at 3:36 PM Post #116
Asteria - 60 HP- Old Ruins

Asteria smiles slightly, "I agree we'll figure out what's making these creatures appear."
If she was going to come back here she need to a do a little more research first.
Vampory
Level 75
The Carver
Threads: 47
Posted: 9/29/2020 at 6:47 PM Post #117
Sven, 160HP, Trail (Kingdom of Vathia-Great Hill)

Looking up at the cottage drawing steadily closer, I decide to take a break, taking a seat on the ground underneath a nearby tree.

I remove my rucksack and put it in my lap, tucking a dead leaf into the necromancy book and stashing it away. I take a gander at the other book, idly rapping my knuckles against the hard cover.
Edited By Sl33pl3ssnights on 9/30/2020 at 11:46 AM.
Xedite
Level 71
The Perfectionist
Posted: 9/30/2020 at 12:09 PM Post #118
"I'll be sure to work out arrangements for you two and any others that have their eyes on this place.. Until then, it would be wise not to probe around here too much at night." Damien started walking back in the direction of the capital.
"I know you're already well aware, Armand, but for the two here, it's just a forewarning. These beasts become much more bold at night.. I believe it goes without saying, but they seem to prefer to operate under the cover of shadows."
Starpup5
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 9/30/2020 at 2:54 PM Post #119
Asteria - 60HP - Old Ruins

"Thank you for the warning," Asteria says as she looks for any of the creatures. She tries to put the pieces together about the creatures, "Your Highness do you know how many types of creatures there are or at least any with special abilities aside from poison?"
Xedite
Level 71
The Perfectionist
Posted: 10/1/2020 at 5:40 AM Post #120
The other book, on closer inspection, seemed to be drilled through and locked. There was a small spot on the open binding where a small key or lockpick might fit. The cover of the book was hardly more impressive or informative of its contents than that of a history textbook, but for one reason or another, someone seemed to have intentions towards blocking the information from public viewing.
It was clear that from its age that this book was likely an original handwritten copy.

As Sven looked the book over, his odd stopping place near the trail up seemed to have gotten someone's attention.

"Hah. What? The hill wear you out, kid? Need someone to carry you?"
A woman's voice sounded in the distance as she made her way over into view, wiping some beading sweat off her forehead. She looked as if she had been training, her clothes simple and practical, yet somewhat singed as if she had been through a fire. She would have been otherwise some vaguely helpful stranger if it wasn't for the exhausted-looking male royal knight trudging behind her on horseback, immediately giving away her identity.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 11, 12, 13
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.