Forum Index > News and Announcements > New Feature: Nurturing Grounds
Page 13 1, 2, 3... 12, 13, 14... 23, 24, 25 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Watercolors
Level 74
The Artistic
Threads: 132
Posted: 2/14/2020 at 11:26 AM Post #121
Awww please dont increase the nurture thingy from 5 to 10 :( the new system is great and I cant argue with the data, but I personally havent done much nurturing with it, Im just thinking about when I get an exciting brand new fest egg and I toss it in region hoping to hatch it before bed, getting twice as many nurtures would be a huge pain ;-; instead of just fifteen nurtures itd be just thirty! And that is a depressing thought
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 2/14/2020 at 11:31 AM Post #122
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=85951&page=12#112
Author: Venti
Time Posted: 2/14/2020 at 11:16 AM
I'm pretty sure the increase is also because of the task that requires 500 nurtures every day. I think you should evaluate the figures during a normal day, not during an event.

I can only speak for myself, but I definitely won't be doing 500 nurtures after the event ends

But, if the prices in scales shop increase, I doubt I'll be doing 100 that I've been doing until now. It just won't be worth the effort anymore. Until the next event, that is.

The release of the Event brought upon about a 50% increase from what it had averaged all week.
Aspenanimations
Level 72
Trickster
Threads: 90
Posted: 2/14/2020 at 11:37 AM Post #123
crap i was exited to finally have a decent way to get dyes since it was rather difficult to get scales before but now... oof with the price increase it just got harder
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 2/14/2020 at 11:41 AM Post #124
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=85951&page=12#120
Author: Volinolona
Time Posted: 2/14/2020 at 11:23 AM
I have to say, I really don't like the required nurtures for anything to happen doubling, as not all of us get a lot of nurtures in the first place.

I also kind of feel this was a premature change. This updated feature was just released and we have a 500 pet nurture task - of course people are going to use the absolute heck out of it. These sorts of changes really should have been held off until after the hype wore off so real numbers would be available to examine, not the hype spike. :/ I really doubt people are going to continue to nurture in the numbers they have been the past few days. It will still be higher than it used to be, yes, but not by such and astonishing amount that these changes remain reasonable.

The issue is how significant the effects are atm in just a week. Look at this pet, for example:

https://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=5447496

It has gained ~400 HP and 40 to all Stats from its parents in a single generation. This is essentially game breaking, in my opinion.

The longer this stays available in its current form, the more 'damage' that will be done that can't really be reversed.

So I feel pretty strongly that something needs to be addressed with the system sooner than later.

Xavion's suggestion makes a very solid suggestion and honestly seems the most viable at this point. It'd basically keep the system relatively the same but put a ceiling on the mechanic so that pets can't go from nothing to max stat in a single generation with the purchase of 1,000 Scales or 10 Diamonds.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 2/14/2020 at 11:42 AM Post #125
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=85951&page=13#123
Author: Aspenanimations
Time Posted: 2/14/2020 at 11:37 AM
crap i was exited to finally have a decent way to get dyes since it was rather difficult to get scales before but now... oof with the price increase it just got harder

Nothing has been changed yet.

These were just ideas and I am fielding suggestions/feedback before making any final decisions.
Rubynightshade
Level 75
High Priest
Threads: 10
Posted: 2/14/2020 at 11:42 AM Post #126
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=85951&page=13#123
Author: Aspenanimations
Time Posted: 2/14/2020 at 11:37 AM

I completely agree. I buy the Lesser Genetic Mutators in the scale shop in an attempt to breed a six-vis pet all on my own, as opposed to just breeding pets I bought from other players. I'm loving how much easier it is to save up enough scales for them now - honestly, it was a bit frustrating before - and I hope the system will continue as is.
Aspenanimations
Level 72
Trickster
Threads: 90
Posted: 2/14/2020 at 11:43 AM Post #127
oh thank goodness time to spam nurture ^^
GoldGryphon
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Threads: 74
Posted: 2/14/2020 at 11:45 AM Post #128
As a person who doesn't nurture much, I have been nurturing on and off since the new system was released to try it out and then for the Week of Love task. After the Week of Love, I am sure my nurturing will lessen. There is only so much time in the day when I have work and family. I have to pick what things to do on here that I enjoy the most (like fighting and breeding projects).

500 nurtures in 10 min? Wow, it took me 25 minutes to do 500 nurtures on my phone today and 20 minutes to do it on my computer yesterday. I think that not everyone is as quick as the top nurtures and yourself, Krin.

I didn't realize there was a problem with the Boost, but I can see now how there could be. I think the 2500 scales or 25 diamonds is a realistic fix for most of this problem. I don't know if changing the Maturity/Statistic growths is a fair way to do this. I don't use it as much as others, because it was always so hard for me to garner more nurtures.

Edit: I think a cap on the Maturity/Statistics per level is a good suggestion

I definitely don't like the idea of upping the Scale shop prices. I think it is hurting the new people quite a bit and us older ones who need Nulls.... oh so many of them and other things.! :)
Edited By GoldGryphon on 2/14/2020 at 11:48 AM.
Orcastration
Level 73
Fishy
Threads: 316
Posted: 2/14/2020 at 11:46 AM Post #129
Well, I for one am more then happy I can now nurture on my uncooperative phone that absolutely refuses to do what I want it to. Which means....I can finally enter Nurture Boards. Maybe. If it doesn't get too crazy lol..

As for your suggestions,

-Increase required amount of Nurtures per Maturity Growth/Statistic Growth to 10 (From 5)
I mean, I personally don't really see how this would slow down the scale issue, but it would maybe slow dow nthe rate of high-stat pets slightly. Not much for me to comment here because I'm a ><>stick at breeding stuff.

-Increase price of Nurture Boost to 25 Diamonds or 2,500 Scales
This sounds good to me. I mean, I skimmed over the initial post about the breeding grounds (had to go and try it for myself lol and I didn't even know this was a thing haha) and I got a shock when I nurtured for 2 minutes and got so many scales...doing this would probably held a bit with how many pets hav enurture boosts. And might slow down the influx a bit.

-Increase prices of Scale Shop by ~50%ish
Yes. Because now prices are gonna drop, with nurturing being easier. An increase in price would help keep scale shop item-selling still worthwhile. (My apologies to Scath and their record=keeping of scale prcies for eggos if this happens). Although for some stuff it might not need to be upped as much....I mean, not everyone has that fast of an internet speed/brain speed/reading speed

I ddin't actually know there was a problem but i've been very inactive recently....Although 500 in 10 minutes is pretty fast, if you don't make too many "accidents" and stuff. But that's still a huge increase in numbers and during fests.....oh my....

Also, btw Krin, did you spend 10 minutes nurturing as fast as possible to get those numbers? Just wondering :)

Thanks for the nurturing upgrade too-I definitely love it, since I spend hal my time on my phone doing nothing
Edited By Orcastration on 2/14/2020 at 11:51 AM.
Anitsa
Level 70
Cutely Creative
Threads: 10
Posted: 2/14/2020 at 11:50 AM Post #130
My egg pets have higher stats than most of my other pets like lowest is 40 or some ridiculously high stat so I see the stat boost as a problem (Although high stats are fun). I think if using a speed up feature as opposed to a stat boost would really help. I also agree that the overload of boosted pets is overwhelming. I barely get to nurture any un-boosted pets before I get bored of boosting. The scale shop might need some tweaking but I think ~50% is way too high so maybe 20% or 25% but that could just be a selfish burst and not really what is best for the future
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 12, 13, 14... 23, 24, 25
This Page loaded in 0.013 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.