Forum Index > News and Announcements > New Feature: Nurturing Grounds
Page 12 1, 2, 3... 11, 12, 13... 23, 24, 25 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Xavion
Level 75
The Perfectionist
Threads: 434
Posted: 2/14/2020 at 11:13 AM Post #111
Ooh, open forum debate! I'm just going to repeat what I said in the private message, Krin.

If I may point out one of the key problems?

The hatchling stage where nurtures boost stats is majorly extended this way. Before this, people wanting to get extra nurtures on their pets would post the link, and people who "viewed" the pet would contribute to its age progression. There was a give and take; we had to let the pet grow up faster (gaining less passive nurtures from nurturing grounds) in exchange for a burst of nurtures. Often people would link a pet and someone in chat would be like "It's grown now :D " shortly after because of this aging boost.

Nurtures on the nurture grounds don't effect the age of hatchlings, only eggs.

But if nurtures *did* effect the age of hatchlings at a 1:1 rate, there would be a cap of 144 nurtures to hatchlings, which would only yield ~28 additional stats boosts for the pet.

The nurture boost would be more of a "quick grow" than a "stat grow" - like throwing an expedient brew onto a fall theme rather than filling it with endless spectral dust and exponentially raising stats.

This would also "clear the room" of the nurture boosted pets by getting them through the process quick, lessening the number of nurture boosted pets in existence at a single time. (Instead of lingering for 7-9 days of boost, they'll be adolescent by day 3-4; overall, less boosted pets to click through which would also control this massive rise in scales earned from the 2x bonus.)

I thought about the same 5:1 rate that eggs have with 5 nurtures to gain 1 hour, but then there would be a cap of 144 additional stat points granted. Which is just as bad as what we have now; it wouldn't change the situation.

Just my thoughts on the matter. I like the nurture boost, but in its current state it's way too overpowered. I wouldn't want it to turn into something that doesn't benefit enough, so personally I like the idea of expediting the age growth. Theoretically it could solve a handful of problems while still being useful.

Good luck, Krin o/

Edit to throw in my additional thoughts on proposed changes:

-Increase required amount of Nurtures per Maturity Growth/Statistic Growth to 10 (From 5)

I think the numbers we're seeing now may be subject to change. If I'm right, and this is a combination of "yay new feature!" and "yay, week of love is soon!" then it will taper off eventually. If so, this change would hurt the effectiveness of nurturing in the long run.

This also means that nurture boosted pets will be around even longer through the egg stage, which means more boosted pets to nurture at a time.

-Increase price of Nurture Boost to 25 Diamonds or 2,500 Scales
I can see that helping a bit?

-Increase prices of Scale Shop by ~50%ish
>__> Xav supports easier access to pet dyes to encourage players to actually make projects from their dishwater mass-bred messes. So... please no?
Edited By Xavion on 2/14/2020 at 11:28 AM.
Venti
Level 70
The Perfectionist
Threads: 14
Posted: 2/14/2020 at 11:16 AM Post #112
I'm pretty sure the increase is also because of the task that requires 500 nurtures every day. I think you should evaluate the figures during a normal day, not during an event.

I can only speak for myself, but I definitely won't be doing 500 nurtures after the event ends

But, if the prices in scales shop increase, I doubt I'll be doing 100 that I've been doing until now. It just won't be worth the effort anymore. Until the next event, that is.
Iyashi
Level 70
Threads: 31
Posted: 2/14/2020 at 11:17 AM Post #113
I think higher prices on the boosts and scale shop items are all that's really required. I wouldn;t touch the growth rates because then you have an increase in availability of high-stat pets...not necessarily a good thing.
Impishtwink
Level 74
High Druid
Threads: 15
Posted: 2/14/2020 at 11:17 AM Post #114
sounds good to me except the 10 instead of 5 nurture clicks part
Kyberheart
Level 70
Sweet Solver
Threads: 5
Posted: 2/14/2020 at 11:17 AM Post #115
-Increase required amount of Nurtures per Maturity Growth/Statistic Growth to 10 (From 5)
No problem with this since the new nurturing system is so much less cumbersome than the previous incarnation.

-Increase price of Nurture Boost to 25 Diamonds or 2,500 Scales
I like this plan. There are a bunch of boosted pets right now and I think increasing the number of scales needed to push them to the top would help.

-Increase prices of Scale Shop by ~50%ish
So I'm fairly new to the site and my opinion is biased, but I'd rather not do this one. For the first time ever, I'm having fun nurturing pets and it's been really nice to be able to start spending scales on dyes. I recognize that vets have a bajillion scales, but I don't.
Charlibarlie
Level 75
The Perfectionist
Threads: 49
Posted: 2/14/2020 at 11:19 AM Post #116
The increase in nurturing could also be due to the fact that the nurturing grounds and the tags are such a new thing, maybe nurtures will die down a bit once it is no longer such a new feature?

I also don't think that the required amount of nurtures for stat boosts should be increased as it would make it a lot harder for max stat breeders to produce max stat offspring without forking out the scales or diamonds to tag all of their hatchlings in order to get the same stat boosts that they previously would have gotten

But of course these are just my opinions and I'm sure you know what's going on and what will be best a lot better than I do ^-^
Latif
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 6
Posted: 2/14/2020 at 11:19 AM Post #117
I am in support of this. I've seen in chat where people are amazed and a little worried at the amount of nurtures particular pets have. One had a thousand clicks and was only three days old.

Imagine how high that number will be when it finally grows up.

And now with the Event Task Log asking for 500 nurtures a day, it will snowball at an even more rapid rate than before. Krin is right to adjust things in support of this growth and to cut down on the amount of scales currently floating around in the site.
Torey
Level 75
High Priest
Threads: 65
Posted: 2/14/2020 at 11:23 AM Post #118
Definitely agree with Venti on re-evaluating the nurturing stats after the event is over. Also, it might be best to wait a couple weeks or so to let the "new car smell" fade-more people might be nurturing right now to try out the new layout, then nurture less once they've gotten used to it.
Redhorse
Level 68
Threads: 35
Posted: 2/14/2020 at 11:23 AM Post #119
Well, I like the ease of use of this new feature. But I also thought very soon that this changes getting the stuff you can buy with scales a bit too easy. So I would accept the changes Krin proposed.

Another thing: It seems I see the same pets over an over when I am nurturing. That probably means that some pets do not get nurtured at all, except for by the owners and their friends. If this is really so, it mght need some change.
Edited By Redhorse on 2/14/2020 at 11:24 AM.
Volinolona
Level 75
Guardian
Threads: 10
Posted: 2/14/2020 at 11:23 AM Post #120
I have to say, I really don't like the required nurtures for anything to happen doubling, as not all of us get a lot of nurtures in the first place.

I also kind of feel this was a premature change. This updated feature was just released and we have a 500 pet nurture task - of course people are going to use the absolute heck out of it. These sorts of changes really should have been held off until after the hype wore off so real numbers would be available to examine, not the hype spike. :/ I really doubt people are going to continue to nurture in the numbers they have been the past few days. It will still be higher than it used to be, yes, but not by such and astonishing amount that these changes remain reasonable.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 11, 12, 13... 23, 24, 25
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.