Page 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Selestial
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 184
Posted: 12/8/2013 at 2:32 PM Post #51
I apologize for not reply earlier!

I do understand pricing pets lower so new players can have them. I've done it myself, though normally only if someone contacts me about a specific pet. But now there's Sheechwan's Fabled/Rare Pet Adoption Centers, so new players have a way of reaching toward their goals before they can make a lot of money. And personally, though I know not everyone shares the opinion, I always believed the challenge of getting those rare pets was what made them so appealing.

I think the idea of a minimum for pet sale prices is a brilliant ideas, except for the fact that it would make it harder to gift someone a pet, since they wouldn't be able to be set at 1g. I think if there was a minimum sale price put into affect, a way to transfer pets for gifts and testing would have to be put in place, and if Krin has that in the plans I haven't heard about it. A limit on how many can be for sale also seems like a great idea. Unless you'd like to bring these to the suggestion forum, I'll do it myself.

Thank you for being on board with trying to raise prices! :3
PDG
Level 60
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 53
Posted: 12/9/2013 at 12:47 AM Post #52
Feel free to take the seggustion, I'm a bit of a forum recluse, honestly, so I'm okay letting you run with it. :)
I agree the rare pets being rare is the appeal, but i really was not expecting my 1-2gp muddy pets to set a trend!
Cerberus
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 167
Posted: 12/12/2013 at 6:57 PM Post #53
hate to be a jerk (not trying to :O ) but Puffadores shouldn't count as being valuable because they are not fabled. As ny'venes, ryori, and nephini I agree with,
Flute
Level 70
Enchanted Explorer
Threads: 340
Posted: 12/12/2013 at 7:01 PM Post #54
While puffs aren't fabled, they're definitely distributed differently than other regular pets. Puffs so are are the only pets to be distributed by the game via shop exclusiveness (besides Ny'vene in the arena shop) and essence only. (Sold by players is a different story)

Pet breeders themselves, I've seen x__x, have become "conscious" of the pets' "values" and are taking charge accordingly lol. 2-3 carry puffs have been going for 40k more or less, while it's pets like 1carry/0GP fabled and puff pets that are going for 1g.

This issue of Times with the plea for economy change is controversial...never thought that the market would roar. xD
Imperium
Level 75
Guardian
Threads: 386
Posted: 12/13/2013 at 4:50 PM Post #55
I've already made a thread for name your price for certain Puffadores, so I'm afraid I can't take the pledge. TwT I can say though that I'll take a stand to offer what I believe a pet is worth rather then trying to cheap out when buying a pet, as this is another reason that prices are going down. I feel there is a lack of understanding for how much a pet is worth specifically because there are many players who are not willing to pay the price tag.
Flute
Level 70
Enchanted Explorer
Posted: 12/13/2013 at 5:04 PM Post #56
Personally, I thought it's the sellers and buyers that determine the price...I didn't know that the proper pricing for decent puffs these days were in the 30k-50k ballpark at the least. xD

There are definitely more people who are consciously taking a pledge right now and standing ground on their decisions. I'm not gonna lie, I'm gonna attack with all my might to get the bottom dollar. :3c

However, it's moreso breeding smart than breeding for money, in a sense...I never had to buy pets unless I thought they were beneficial. But most of my pets, I chose their parents carefully from public studs. For the longest time til now, I never had to negotiate a thing.

I'm opening up to Puffs, but I'm met with critical remarks as far as trying to shoot for bottom dollar. xD I have no place to say anything as far as pricing goes, but I think the greatest offense to breeders is learning to breed well.

...I wish I didn't comment on this, I could be working on my article for December. /sobs
Imperium
Level 75
Guardian
Posted: 12/13/2013 at 5:12 PM Post #57
Go work on your article~! xD Deadlines tend to creep up. TwT

I more or less mean for multi-vis/carry pets. I don't mean bottom dollar offers, I mean well below what the pet is worth offers. Breeding well is always a good start~ certain colors/combinations are certainly something I look at when purchasing a pet. :D Although I rarely find myself purchasing pets. =w= Just, when I do, I try to be fair about the pricing.
Flute
Level 70
Enchanted Explorer
Posted: 12/13/2013 at 5:19 PM Post #58
My article is going well though. xD It covers breeding. c: Honestly though, I wonder who reads my column...>//< I really think it has good advice, but I'm not sure if people read it every month. /dies because I don't know what to write at times

The situation for breeders with essence access and breeders who use the offspring of everything that lives and breathes are pretty different imo. xD
I honestly have no idea what colors come out of what, but I do it for the vis, for example. ;w;
People with specific projects don't interbreed their pets sometimes, unless they make the male public for breeding, then his seed is spread far and wide, and hopefully his children will be nice as well.

So, for discussion's sake...
Everyone's agendas for pets can be different.
I buy pets for their genetics.
Others, their colors (plus their genetics, leading to overall aesthetics).
Will people sell the pet/their offspring for gold? Will they cherishloveitforever? Iunno.

But you gotta ask the breeders the same thing. Why did they breed the pets? Why are they selling them? Is it for their profit, or to accomplish a goal, or both? And what value do they have for their pet, intrinsic value based on their eye for how pretty they are, or the value of the pet market that judges on diamond cost or genetic traits?
Everlost
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 116
Posted: 12/13/2013 at 5:21 PM Post #59
Don't worry Flute. I read your article. :D
Imperium
Level 75
Guardian
Posted: 12/13/2013 at 5:51 PM Post #60
Nifty~! :D A breeding article would be really beneficial I think. :) And I did read through your column. ;) It's very informative, especially for those who are new and considering the Winter Festival will soon be here, it was probably much needed.

That's very true. xD I use a lot of generated pets...but it's mostly because I can't really stand the thought of recoloring a ton of pets. @_@ And it's also because I breed for stats, and the best stats do come from enhanced and mystically generated Sylesti. :) I enjoy not only pretty multi-vis pets, but powerful pets as well. And it's also because I'm more organized with generated pets versus wild caught.

I still need to put more effort into going through all those captured Ryori for my wild-caught project, writing out a formula to make sure the genetics are correct, matching the pairs, recoloring, etc . xD

There are pros and cons to both types of breeding~ but overall it does come down to how the breeder's look at it. ;) I like to believe that is someone buys a pet that they did so because they like it and have the intention (at least at the time) to keep it. TwT But I'm rather naive in my way of thinking, or so I'm told.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.