Forum Index > General Discussion > The Sylestia Time - November 2013
Page 4 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Gingerpaw
Level 60
Fancy Pants
Threads: 48
Posted: 12/5/2013 at 8:15 PM Post #31
well, I am not actually in the newpaper, I've been having trouble with GIMP and actually trying out to be in the newpaper. But I will try to figure it out. Sorry it has been so long since I replied. I am sorry for the wait Everlost. I will try to PM you with my banner.
Everlost
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 116
Posted: 12/5/2013 at 8:16 PM Post #32
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=8573&page=4#31
Author: Gingerpaw
Time Posted: 12/5/2013 at 8:15 PM
well, I am not actually in the newpaper, I've been having trouble with GIMP and actually trying out to be in the newpaper. But I will try to figure it out. Sorry it has been so long since I replied. I am sorry for the wait Everlost. I will try to PM you with my banner.

That's perfectly alright, Ginger. :)
Nightbane
Level 75
Knight
Threads: 289
Posted: 12/5/2013 at 8:33 PM Post #33
Ping???? Newspaper??? Sorry, new here, I'm confused DX

And yes, before you asked, I hopped in directly on the last page
HibernusMortis
Level 60
Mojo Master
Threads: 7
Posted: 12/5/2013 at 8:38 PM Post #34
Great edition...even though you said it was missing a few things! Awesome addition to Sylestia that you started here. :)
Can you add me to the subscribers list please?

Hibernus's reaction after reading about the falling pet prices.....

Wuntasmalae
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 7
Posted: 12/5/2013 at 10:04 PM Post #35
Hey, thanks for the ping! I'm sorry I didn't read this sooner, but it was very enjoyable, just like the other issues!

I'm not a breeder, I just like buying the monsters that really catch my eye, so those low prices really helped me out, hehehe. But I get what you're saying. That's kinda what made me lose interest in a lot of pokemon species, everyone has the same ones now, hahaha. But that's due to breeding too. Makes me think about real world situations involving domestic animals.

I really loved that comic. Tell the mascot to expect something from my gang soon...possibly. Taptothebeat is an awesome artist.

Oh, and those notes were REALLY helpful! People who give advice here give really good advice. It's great!

And you have advertisements~~cool~~

Keep fighting! ':3
PDG
Level 60
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 53
Posted: 12/6/2013 at 12:20 AM Post #36
Re: A plead to breeders

I'm certainly one of the ones to blame for a lot of price dropping, but honestly I am just trying to make rare pets more available to new players, since I remember when I first started I really wanted a Ny'vene... but they were so expensive it was just discouraging. I make very little gold off my pet sales, but that isn't the point. I'm not looking to sell volume and make tons of gold... I'm looking to give someone who is new and really wants that rare pet a reasonable goal.

Moreover, the pets I priced low were generally 2 or less GP, or had poor coloring. I was very surprised to see people starting to price their good-looking pets for so cheap.

The low price on pets is a problem that perpetuates itself. The more pets that are bred, the less of a demand there will be as their availability increases, and the pricing will drop accordingly. I think the admins had a good idea when they bought out all the 1g pets, but that was a temporary fix, what really needs to happen is have the board raised overall. Perhaps have a minimum a pet can be priced at for general sale, or a limit on how many pets a user can have for sale at a time?

All this aside, I do agree its a problem, and will do my part in changing my pricing.
Edibbs
Level 60
The Tender
Threads: 85
Posted: 12/6/2013 at 7:15 AM Post #37
FYI, I thought you all did a great job on this issue! It doesn't have to be long to be good and informative. :)

"I hope this made up for my absence last month! ^^ If anyone has a request for a pet they'd like to having the pricing but down for in next month's addition, feel free to let me know! I'll be sure to include it."

I'd like to see information for the Lupora, if that's ok? But only multiple trait Luporas. I remember, not that long ago [my account is not that old], when a 3-visible MALE Lupora could be sold for around 30k... Now, you're lucky to see 5-10k from a multi-vis of either gender. :\ I just want to see that my Lupora projects are not in vain, really. aha
Edited By Edibbs on 12/6/2013 at 7:16 AM.
Everlost
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 116
Posted: 12/6/2013 at 7:31 AM Post #38
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=8573&page=4#33
Author: Nightbane
Time Posted: 12/5/2013 at 8:33 PM
Ping???? Newspaper??? Sorry, new here, I'm confused DX

And yes, before you asked, I hopped in directly on the last page

Hello! Nice to see a new face. :)

A Ping is used to alert another user of a post that you made. You were pinged by Fai when she did an all-site ping. This means she pinged all the users on the site.

This is the Sylestia Times Newspaper. It's a user-made Newspaper organized by me and a few others. This Edition isn't as interesting as most, because we had some trouble getting everything done. Go ahead and check out some other Editions (Link on front page)!

Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=8573&page=4#34
Author: HibernusMortis
Time Posted: 12/5/2013 at 8:38 PM
Great edition...even though you said it was missing a few things! Awesome addition to Sylestia that you started here. :)
Can you add me to the subscribers list please?

Hibernus's reaction after reading about the falling pet prices.....

Thanks Hibernus! I'm glad you enjoyed it. I'll add you right away.

Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=8573&page=4#35
Author: Wuntasmalae
Time Posted: 12/5/2013 at 10:04 PM
Hey, thanks for the ping! I'm sorry I didn't read this sooner, but it was very enjoyable, just like the other issues!

I'm not a breeder, I just like buying the monsters that really catch my eye, so those low prices really helped me out, hehehe. But I get what you're saying. That's kinda what made me lose interest in a lot of pokemon species, everyone has the same ones now, hahaha. But that's due to breeding too. Makes me think about real world situations involving domestic animals.

I really loved that comic. Tell the mascot to expect something from my gang soon...possibly. Taptothebeat is an awesome artist.

Oh, and those notes were REALLY helpful! People who give advice here give really good advice. It's great!

And you have advertisements~~cool~~

Keep fighting! ':3

I'm real glad you enjoyed this page!

(Sadie's all excited for whatever your present will be ;))

Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=8573&page=4#36
Author: PDG
Time Posted: 12/6/2013 at 12:20 AM
Re: A plead to breeders

I'm certainly one of the ones to blame for a lot of price dropping, but honestly I am just trying to make rare pets more available to new players, since I remember when I first started I really wanted a Ny'vene... but they were so expensive it was just discouraging. I make very little gold off my pet sales, but that isn't the point. I'm not looking to sell volume and make tons of gold... I'm looking to give someone who is new and really wants that rare pet a reasonable goal.

Moreover, the pets I priced low were generally 2 or less GP, or had poor coloring. I was very surprised to see people starting to price their good-looking pets for so cheap.

The low price on pets is a problem that perpetuates itself. The more pets that are bred, the less of a demand there will be as their availability increases, and the pricing will drop accordingly. I think the admins had a good idea when they bought out all the 1g pets, but that was a temporary fix, what really needs to happen is have the board raised overall. Perhaps have a minimum a pet can be priced at for general sale, or a limit on how many pets a user can have for sale at a time?

All this aside, I do agree its a problem, and will do my part in changing my pricing.

I can understand why you'd want to make rarer pets more available to new players! That's always a good goal. I also agree that good looking pets should be priced much higher. It's not all about how many genes and mutations they have, color matters too!

I wish you luck in your endeavors!

Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=8573&page=4#37
Author: Edibbs
Time Posted: 12/6/2013 at 7:15 AM
FYI, I thought you all did a great job on this issue! It doesn't have to be long to be good and informative. :)

"I hope this made up for my absence last month! ^^ If anyone has a request for a pet they'd like to having the pricing but down for in next month's addition, feel free to let me know! I'll be sure to include it."

I'd like to see information for the Lupora, if that's ok? But only multiple trait Luporas. I remember, not that long ago [my account is not that old], when a 3-visible MALE Lupora could be sold for around 30k... Now, you're lucky to see 5-10k from a multi-vis of either gender. :\ I just want to see that my Lupora projects are not in vain, really. aha

Thanks Edibbs!

I'll definitely relay that to Selestial. :) Please expect to see it in the next Edition.

Sorry for the long post! I didn't want to have to make multiple posts in a row.
Nightbane
Level 75
Knight
Threads: 289
Posted: 12/6/2013 at 7:47 AM Post #39
erm...erm...eh..

this is probably the wrong place to ask, but this forum is so big, i don't even know where to begin searching, and this is...the only REAL forum i ever been in, been on one in a website called BeastKeeper, but it wasn't much then, but this one here is bigger and fancy, and considering I've never been in forums before...

so...erm...is there an area to ask...

erm, i'm looking for a matchmaker, cause i don't wanna generate pets for the sake of pairing them with mine...

i got a lupora with dominant mystical ribbon, recessive feather wings and kitsune, i was looking for a male with the same genes...perhaps more would be nice, but i need those genes...
Edibbs
Level 60
The Tender
Threads: 85
Posted: 12/6/2013 at 7:54 AM Post #40
Hi, there. Welcome to Sylestia. :)
You would want to post in the Breeding Discussion forums, I think. Or, if you're looking to buy a pet; Pet Auctions (Its a trades forum, really) is where you want to look. :) I hope that helps.
Edited By Edibbs on 12/6/2013 at 7:54 AM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
This Page loaded in 0.013 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.