Page 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Everlost
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 116
Posted: 12/6/2013 at 8:01 AM Post #41
Hullo Nightbanewolf!

I can understand why the forums would be a bit overwhelming at first, but you'll get the hang of it!

What Edibbs said is probably what you should do.

Also, I'd suggest posting any further questions in the FAQ Forums. It's fine that you asked here, that's just for future reference. ;) You may want to read all the Player Guides that are available on the forums. They'll be quite helpful. If you feel like you need further guidance, check out the Newbie Mentoring thread.

I hope that helps!
Nightbane
Level 75
Knight
Threads: 289
Posted: 12/6/2013 at 8:07 AM Post #42
oooh okay, thanks, i'll take a look once my pet is an adult.
Fayelynn
Level 16
Threads: 0
Posted: 12/6/2013 at 12:13 PM Post #43
Okey dokey :)
Sheechwan
Level 60
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 150
Posted: 12/6/2013 at 1:35 PM Post #44
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=8573&page=2#13
Author: Dragondawn
Time Posted: 12/4/2013 at 8:28 AM
What's the FAC and the RAC?

You can find the link directly into my About Me, just scroll a bit, I have a bit more text, normally it's almost in your face~ XD

http://www.sylestia.com/view/users/?userid=161
Also for anyone wanting to find it and see what is it~ :3

(We need a few Nephini Donation ATM~ ^-^")
Chasitynoir
Level 60
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 7
Posted: 12/6/2013 at 8:16 PM Post #45
Very wonderful article! It's lovely reading something of the sort from the players. I can't wait for the next month's addition to come out! <3
Arux584
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 97
Posted: 12/6/2013 at 10:50 PM Post #46
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=8573&page=2#15
Author: Lostwords13
Time Posted: 12/4/2013 at 8:57 AM
Always a good thing to wake up to in the morning ^-^ (feel like i need a mug of hot cocoa to go with it xD)

also, as an obsessed wiht puffs puff breeder, I completely agree abotu the depreciation of prices...I have to admit that I...kinda sorta gave up on tryign to keep the prices up, ebcause i was doign it all alone and because of it people would look elsewhere for their puffs and my stables were quickly getting overpopulated. knowing other people are feeling the same way makes me much more willing to try again! ^-^ (and I really hope others will do the same! Puffs are suppsoed to be rare, and ahrd to get. Even wiht a high population of them i think they shoudl be worth something more than what they are right now. I boguht my first puffs at around 100k each, and they were only 1-2 carries. After months of breeding them, i am finally getting 5-6 traits, but can't sell them for more than 10k a carry...)

I have spent just under half a million gold on my puffs
and over 2500 diamonds on my puffs 25$ let me emphasis 25$ to a teenager 25$ is a lot of money
I diamond = 3000-4000 gold
so spent an additional 7500000-10000000 gold
so add that to 500000
that's 8000000-10500000 gold give or take
on just puffadore

and someone wanting to buy my puffs for less then 10k honestly feels like a punch in the chest I feel ripped off and cheated
and we all know in the puff shop puffs are up to 200k or more
and im breeding 4-5 carry puffs

yes lost I greatly agree with you !!
Edited By Arux584 on 12/6/2013 at 10:53 PM.
Willowdarimn
Level 60
The Hallowed
Threads: 48
Posted: 12/6/2013 at 10:54 PM Post #47
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=8573&page=1#7
Author: Everlost
Time Posted: 12/4/2013 at 8:02 AM
A Plea to Breeders

The community on this site is astoundingly generous. We welcome newcomers to the site not only with open arms, but with presents. We want everyone to have access to everything. I was given these gifts as a newbie, and I've given them out myself since them. The community is miraculous, and that is a wonderful thing. I only hope as the site grows it stays that way.

However, since I have been doing the monthly economic standing and even before then, I've noticed something that is, to me at least, a little sad. The depreciation of prices on hard to obtain sylestia such as Ny'Venes, Nephinins, and Puffadores.

I can remember distinctly a time, within the first two weeks after my friend and I had discovered this site, a received a phone-call from her (Roe). She was calling to tell me that'd she'd bought a female Ny'Vene for about 200k - a female Ny'Vene! There were only about seven others for sale on the site at that time, and all of them were a good deal more than the female she had bought, which was an untested lady with no visible traits. From then on, she and I monitored the Ny'Venes sales like hawks. I managed to snag an untested, no vis male for 35k, but I was so worried it had been a misprice that I PMed the previous owner to make sure! It wasn't because I was a newbie unaware of prices, as Roe and I, while new to Sylestia, are not new to sites such as Sylestia, but merely that Ny'Venes were rare and hard to obtain.

I can't describe how sad it makes me to see them going for prices little more than those of any regular Sylesti that can be captured in the wild. The same goes for the Puffadore and Nephini - since their release I've monitored the sales on them to track prices and watched as they dropped, and dropped, and dropped. Over-breeding, a distaste for releasing, a desire to price lower to sell quicker, and just the general generosity of the community have made these rare, hard-to-obtain pets that at one point had to be worked toward no more rare than any other species.

I may be alone, but I find that rather sad. It takes away from the excitement of being gifted one of these rare pets, or from finally managing to get one on your own. So this is my plea to breeders, and an oath I'll be taking myself from now on:

I will not price my pets low just because the market for them is low. I want to try and raise the market back up, and it has to start somewhere. I won't sell Puffs for less than the eggs that can be bought in the shop, and the same will go for Ny'Venes. As for Nephinis, I'll likely not price them lower than 100k. I won't add to the depreciation of value. If I have to release them, then so be it. And I also will not flood the market with all my cast-off hatchlings. I'll mark some of the ones I don't want for sale, auction others, and release the ones that don't meet my standards for sale or auction.

I can't honestly say I expect it to happen, but I do hope some other members will join me in refusing to add to the lessening of the value on these hard to obtain species and others as well that I haven't mentioned, such as Lighira and Ryori.

Article by Selestial

It's a Comic!

Comic by Taptothebeat

Agreed Ever, it is upsetting to see the devalue of all these rare pets. It takes the point away from them being rare.
Kinuna
Level 60
Trickster
Threads: 86
Posted: 12/7/2013 at 10:57 AM Post #48
I agree with the depreciation article. I remember the excitement I felt to have a female Ny'vene, I bought her from somewhere between 100-350k (I can't remember). I was so happy and pleased with what she had(I still have her: Thea: http://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=138569). It upsets me to see pets who actually carry or show something to be priced for as little as 1g, especially since I got excited when I was able to buy a single vis or no vis but with a lot of carries for prices between 1k-10k when I first joined. I guess in a sense donating pets to schweechans adoption center doesn't help too much, although maybe I could suggest a rule to her to prevent this economic depression from going further, although I think she already has a rule for that. Unfortunately bc some pets aren't as desired she has even turned some of my rare pets, like male ny'vene down. When she was active I tried to donate the occasional female. I have even gotten into the habit of releasing pets, especially if they don't have meet a quota I have set for that generation of pets. If the pet doesn't meet quota though, and is very lovely, I can't help but feel proud of my master piece and try my best to sell it off. I have gotten into the habit of trying to sell the pets, depending on certain variables at a certain price before it moves out of the hatchery. Unfortunately, if a pet is an adult, people seem less reluctant to buy it, unless its something special. Also, if the pet is an adult it will take up my stable space.
I will try to follow your example though, and price my puffs, ligs, ryos, ny'venes, and nephs and at a prices like you have named. All I can say is my happiness when people started to talk about how ligs were becoming harder to find, and were even becoming more desired. I hope ny'venes and nephs as legendaries can accomplish such, and since ryos are like ligs, this means they will eventually reach the same point as the ligs. The fact that ligs went from desired to rock bottom, to desired again, pleases me greatly. I've noticed items in the broker have similar issues, and refuse to price them below or at the limit that that is considered the amount of money u get from just selling in the sell section of the tabs. Unfortunately pets are not items, and can be bred, over and over again. As breeders we should try to have a minimum so that way these lovely pets are not seen as something to belittle due to price. I understand pricing a no carry/no vis nixi female at 1g, or even a single carry or show, but when I see a nearly 6-vis or even a 6-carry pet that low, it makes me wonder about those who get their 6-vis. Ever since I started playing I wonder, what happens when we start to see a 6-vis pet priced for 1g, then everyone can easily just buy a 6-vis pet and wheres the fun in that. Where's the joy in paying for a 6-vis rather then creating your own.

Sorry for the long post...
Selestial
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 184
Posted: 12/7/2013 at 11:10 AM Post #49
Thanks for your input! ^^ Perhaps next week I'll do a follow-up article and include some opinions from other players. :3 I do think even just an awareness on the issue will help a small amount, and I'm pleased to hear that prices for Lighiras are going up again! ^^ Hopefully those will continue to rise. And hopefully we'll see an increase in pets in the Puffs, Nephs, and 'Venes as well! I may collect gold and go through and buy all the horribly cheap ones from time to time to try and encourage people to price higher, but that;s something I can't do alone. Maybe that's a place to start, though!
Edited By Selestial on 12/7/2013 at 11:15 AM.
Kinuna
Level 60
Trickster
Threads: 86
Posted: 12/7/2013 at 11:13 AM Post #50
Maybe that is something you should mention in your follow up is to buy off the cheap and do as omnomnom did XD
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.