Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Threads: 104
Posted: 12/13/2019 at 9:42 PM Post #32
Background Infor...tepiano?
I have orch on my mind.
Lovely.
So, I decided to dump a bunch of random amusing quotes and things my brain vomited up, either during a roleplay or in some boring class. Yes, yes, I know, "Cana, this doesn't count as writing something and neither did the last one!", but I'm writing a crappy ode in English, so bear with me :'D
Also, if you know anyone who would be interested, ping 'em for me please? I don't really care who reads these but more criticism would be awesome.
Enjoy?

~~~

" 'I did, in fact, go see Akira, she said the only thing wrong with me was that I can't shut up, so she prescribed duct tape. I think I threw it away. ' "
- Akio

" 'If you get bored of Engineering, we can ditch class together.'
'Get bored of Engineering? Are you crazy?'
'Or get kicked out of Engineering for blowing something up. Same thing.' "
- Soren and Akio

"... Had splashed hues of light and darkness onto the blank canvas of her universe..."
- Someone dies, who knows

"Dash looked amused. 'What did you do this time?'
"Uh, you mean what I didn't do? Nathan broke a vending machine to steal fruit snacks, then threatened me- you know how he is- when I came by. So I ran away. You can guess what happened afterwards.'
'Young man, as we mentioned before, we found no such boy at the scene of the crime.'
'Uh, yeah, that's because he has legs.'
Dash hurriedly elbowed Soren to shut him up."
- Dashiell, Soren, and a city guard

" 'Cobalt, if you get yourself killed, I will murder you dead,' said Myra, glaring at him.
'Er, isn't that a bit redundant?' "
- Myra and Cobalt

" 'Messenger pigeons are stupid,' huffed Jay, sitting on the table rather than the chair.
'Why, are smaller birds below you? Would you rather have messenger ospreys, or whatever you are?'
Jay threw a tomato at him. 'Wrong bird of prey.'
Akio neatly caught it in his mouth, 'Falcon? Eagle? Sparrowhawk?'
'No, Engineer Boy. It's a kite.'
'Throw me another tomato,' demanded Akio.
'No.' "
- Jay and Akio

"Judging by the look on her face, Rachelle had not enjoyed her split second one-on-one conversation with the wall."
- Long story

" 'No. Please shut up.' "
- Everyone to Akio at some point

"Cobalt came up behind her and took the sword. Now he had two swords, which was making him look even more dangerous.
'Don't accidentally decapitate anyone," said Akio.
Cobalt sighed. 'Please. I've never decapitated anyone unless I wanted to.' "
- Cobalt and Akio

" 'You should put more effort into studying, instead of smart mouthing police officers and committing crimes.'
'I got full marks on my last math test, plus extra credit-'
'You have quite a few stains on your record.'
'Most not my fault. Someone spilled the ink, but it's a nice color- '
'You put fake spiders in Mallory Silva's lunch.'
'She deserved it. You should be thanking me. Besides, that's hardly a crime.'
'You also blew up a cow eyeball that you were supposed to be dissecting, causing an emergency evacuation.'
'Not my fault that my lab partner left the Bunsen burner on- '
'And you called Headmaster Belmonte an idiot.'
'No, he did!'
- Soren and some poor teacher

" 'Do these work?" shouted Akio .
'What?'
'Bandages! They have blood on them, though!'
'Of course not? Who would wear bandages with blood on them? Eww!'
- Akio and Akira

"Arcelo waved a hand in the air. 'I'm alive! I think so! Hey Akira, do I look alive to you? I feel pretty alive, but I'm not sure if I have a heartbeat or whatever determines whether you're alive or not.' "
- Arcelo

"Akio was enjoying the apocalypse he was in. That is, until he fell out of the world.
Phoenix was very confused. She was almost certain that a giant hole of nothingness should not have appeared in her room. Usually. "
- Akio and Phoenix, Orca's Open Seasons RP

"Phoenix coughed. 'I'm not quite sure any of us appreciate being dumped into the magical void and disintegrated, but that could just be me?'
Dash tilted his head. 'I mean, it would be pretty interesting until the disintegrating part.' "
- Phoenix and Dashiell

Edited By Larkien on 12/13/2019 at 9:59 PM.
Scoutwolf
Level 57
Scout
Threads: 36
Posted: 12/15/2019 at 2:44 PM Post #33
I got ping ponged.
I go to ping pong list.
:)
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Posted: 12/30/2019 at 11:14 PM Post #34
Background Info
Bleh. Everyone already knows how simply amazing of a job I am doing of being on hiatus, so let's keep going.
I've been listening to TSFH too much recently. Maybe I should do a battle scene sometime. For now, have a sort of first chapter thingy to the Ixkhara storyline. I'll figure out a prologue one day, but currently the plots are far too cliche to do anything.
Does anyone even read these?

~~~

"... and that was the catalyst for the first and only war in history where all five worlds and Candela were involved..."

That was the last thing Aika remembered hearing before she recieved a sharp kick to the shin, courtesy of her best friend, Aidan.

"Andthankfullytherehasbeennothingofthiscaliberintwohundredandfiftythreeyears!" she yelped in surprise, head snapping up and brain still on autopilot before clarity hit her in the face. The students around her in the small classrom snickered. Her teacher, on the other hand, did not look amused.

Aika blinked and stared down at her desk, embarrassed. "Sorry, sir," she mumbled, avoiding eye contact. She wondered if it was possible for her face to light on fire from sheer embarrassment. She thought she could smell the smoke already.

The clear, ringing tones of the village bell sounded, signaling the beginning of noon break - and the end to school lessons. Aika let out the breath she'd been holding and hurriedly stuffed her textbook unceremoniously into her bag, attempting to sneak out unnoticed, but no such luck.

"Aika, come see me at my desk," the teacher called, and she felt her face heat up again. The other students were streaming out of the room, around her, like she was a rock in a fast-flowing river. Aika cast a longing look at the door, considering pretending not to hear him and running out, but there was no point, she'd have to face it tomorrow anyways. From the doorway, Aidan shot her a sympathetic look, hopping from one foot to the other.
Aika mentally steeled herself and turned to face the teacher.

"Yes, sir?" she inquired innocently as if she had no idea why she'd been called up.
He gave her a stern look that said, Drop it.

She dropped it, suddenly understanding Aidan's urge to fidget. "I'm sorry, sir, I must have dozed off accidentally, I was up late last night, um, studying, and, um, I promise it won't happen again." It wasn't far from the truth, she had been studying - that is, studying old journals written in familiar loopy handwriting, pages smelling of exotic spices. She shifted awkwardly, sure she could smell the smoke now, and edged toward the doorway.

He sighed. "Look, Aika, I'll let it go this time, alright? You're a good student and I know you must be worried about your mother-" Aika cringed at the words your mother and the squeak of the ancient floorboards as she discreetly took another step towards freedom- "But you need to focus on your studies."

Yeah, right, thought Aika, Your mother randomly disappears and no one seems to care, so your main priority is to focus on your studies.

She tensed suddenly, pausing her sloth-paced journey to freedom. Was that a scream she'd heard from the village? She blocked out her teacher's lecturing for a moment, on purpose this time, and heard it again. Those were definitely screams she was hearing, and not the kind that came from children playing their imaginary games, pretending to be noble dragon-slaying warriors from Evander. The teacher frowned, proving that this wasn't her imagination. Something was wrong.

The scent of smoke filled her nostrils stronger than ever, and suddenly Aika was four years old again, on the unbearably hot ground staring up at a sky streaked with dancing, deadly red and gold, the air was poison, acrid fumes filling her lungs and her eyes, tears sizzling into nothing in the heat. She was sizzling into nothing. The fire was eating everything she knew, from the hands that were dragging her out for the last time to the screams she heard, some of them hers.

Twelve years later, an uncannily similar scream, much louder than before, jolted Aika out of her flashback. Her teacher was standing up, looking immensely concerned, probably both for her and for whatever was happening out there. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah!" said Aika in something between a gasp and a squeak, her throat still feeling raw, "Never been better!" She turned and bolted out of the stuffy room, tripping and almost attacking the floor with her face on the way out.

And found Verdena in flames.

~~~

Ooh, cliffhanger *dun dun dun*
I wrote that entire thing on a whim. ON MY LOVELY FAULTY TABLET THAT UN-CORRECTS THINGS. The only thing of this I thought through before I wrote it was the first few sentences, where she fell asleep in class. Yay for me and my hyper writing sprees.
I also came up with all of the names on the spot, which is why they're so stupid :D
Also, criticism/feedback and Orca if you know anyone in your massive pinglists that would be interested, do me a favor, ey?

Edited By Larkien on 12/31/2019 at 7:52 PM.
Lalalanmao
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 57
Posted: 12/31/2019 at 8:15 AM Post #35
Fancy xD

Lots of fire I see xD
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Posted: 12/31/2019 at 12:00 PM Post #36
Heh. You know me and my obsession with fire.
Lalalanmao
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 57
Posted: 12/31/2019 at 4:16 PM Post #37
Of course of course, I'm surprised there wasn't any more
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Posted: 12/31/2019 at 4:21 PM Post #38
Yee
Let's make Aika an elemental and set her teacher on fire too
Hey that's not a bad plot twist
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Posted: 1/1/2020 at 12:31 PM Post #39
Random Thing - Ignore this

belonged

Ixkhara, or the World of the Wilds, as it is more frequently called, is known as the last truly wild World of the six. Almost every species that ever existed is found here, and the most intelligent are known as the Mythicals, for their extreme rarity and evasiveness. Few have ever seen one, but this World has flourished under their presence.
Until humans moved in. The only living thing Ixkhara had never been home to, they shared the intelligence of the Mythicals, but none of their rarity. They had come from the other Worlds, and every living thing in Ixkhara knew there was bound to be a conflict.
For some time, the humans, too, did nothing, stunned docile by the vastness of the Wilds. But they grew bold, and before long, they began hunting the other creqtures there, not for food, which would have been forgivable, but for sport. The Mythicals retaliated by unleashing their fury on human villages, leaving nothing but ash and destruction behind, a threat - but it served no purpose other than to infuriate the humans, who had by now devised ways to kill Mythicals, should they be caught. Tensions rose to a boiling point, and if a war broke out, neither side would win, but the Wilds would be no more.
That was, until the hybrids came along. A mix of human and Mythical, no one knew quite what to do about them, and a war was avoided simply by their existence. But inevitably, tensions rose once more from the same causes, and it seemed nothing could stop it now.
Edited By Larkien on 1/1/2020 at 12:45 PM.
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Posted: 1/4/2020 at 6:41 PM Post #40
I'm tired, so all I'm going to say is that Eira was cursed and turned into a cat after Lark died by crashing his plane into things planes are not built to crash into (on purpose, which helped prevent the biggest war of all time) and then she got turned back during the biggest war of all time (which had started anyways, 15 years later, because wars don't care whether your best friend dies to stop them or not) and promptly died as well and they all were dead happily ever after but Dashiell was alive and also a little freaked out by the fact that his Familiar used to be a human but they prevented mass destruction for hopefully more than the next 15 years so it was all great, eh?
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.