Indeed. Nice job xD
Well that day she was just really mad at everyone lol
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Threads: 104
Posted: 11/17/2019 at 11:32 AM Post #22
Background Information.
This has absolutely nothing to do with any of my OCs and instead is a personal account of my boredom in orchestra back in 6th grade. Yes, I wrote this like 4 or 5 years ago, and as you can see, my writing has gone nowhere but down from there. Cringe.
Stretched a little, of course :)
(Orca, I believe you've seen this before. I dunno about Lala.)

~~~

Music class. Sixth period. Advanced Orchestra, to be exact. I don't know why I even bothered to bring my violin to school today, but what I do know is that I'm bored out of my mind. Our teacher, Mistress Moon, is supposed to be lecturing us about the importance of rosining your bow, but right now it seems more likely that she's discussing the applications of calculus with the bass players. For all I care, she could be talking about how she's on the run after she robbed some foreign bank, and I wouldn't take any interest.

I look around. Most of the second violins appear to be falling asleep. I wish I was that lucky, to escape this torture momentarily. Akira's bow has somehow gotten stuck up Jayden's nose, but he either doesn't notice or doesn't care. Jovia is staring blankly at a book and flipping to random pages without actually reading anything. I know this because she's holding it upside-down. I take the time to calculate that I'm falling out of my chair at the rate of about two millimeters per minute. In other words, life is depressingly boring. Is it possible to die of boredom? It must be one of the most painful ways to go.

Meanwhile, the Teacher Torture has found a practice record without a name on it! How very intriguing! Despite the very obvious interesting-ness of this latest development, I don't even listen as she rattles names off the list of people who haven't turned in their practice record for the week. It's all blurring together.

Suddenly, the bell rings. I can almost taste the freedom beckoning to me when the Music Maniac says that that was the sixth graders' bell and that our class doesn't end until 12:04. Ten minutes. It might as well have been an eternity. I've decided that she's just stalling at this point and is trying to keep us inside until we spontaneously combust from boredom or something. Quick, we have to get everyone out! Just then, a bomb goes off. I knew she was waiting for something to happen! I stand up abruptly, ready to save everyone, only to realize that it was just the bell. Our actual bell. I practically skip outside in relief, when I realize that my next class is mathematics. And that we are most likely going to be lectured about quadratic functions. I'm doomed. My life is officially over.
Edited By Canawlia on 11/17/2019 at 11:44 AM.
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Posted: 11/19/2019 at 8:47 PM Post #23
Background Information
I proudly present to you: Nathaniel the idiot.
This is a scene not related to the plot of anything, I just felt like writing a Nathan-Idiot scene.
Basically, Phoenix needed a partner for a piano duet. Much like I'm doing with Jayden.
And yes, Nathan is based off a real person, who is a real idiot, who also thinks he's so good at playing the piano. He actually is a really good pianist, but he also enjoys bragging all the time ("Oh, that concerto is really difficult? That's weird, I thought it was really easy. I sight-read it on my first try.") and saying non PG-13 things to me when I told him to stop bashing the stand into my head.

~~~

Akira threw her hands up in the air. "Come on! We. Need. An. Accompanist. Or you guys know we're all going to fail the concert and... basically the equivalent of social death."

Everyone knew what she was talking about. The kids in the orchestra knew how important the end-of-year concert was to them - and to the rest of the school. And Akira was the concertmaster, so everyone had to listen to her anyways.

"Like me, for instance?" Nathaniel said, as he sauntered into the room, wearing a smug smile, the kind that suggested he was better than everyone and he knew it.

Akio saw everyone visibly restrain from groaning. Even Cobalt could tell who it was, just by the sound of his voice. Phoenix looked like she wanted to murder someone, probably Nathan.

Nathan continued on, seemingly oblivious. "Think about it who else is as smart- as handsome- as good of a pianist- as moi?"

Then he casually leaned against he had just come through, and continued with that smug smile. Except the door hadnt fully closed since he'd barged in and he fell through it, looking like an idiot. This time, everyone was struggling to keep a straight face.

"So," Akira cleared her throat, as if nothing had happened. "I think I have a plan."

Edited By Canawlia on 11/19/2019 at 9:30 PM.
Lalalanmao
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 57
Posted: 11/20/2019 at 8:24 AM Post #24
Nathaniel the idiot, lovely
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Posted: 11/20/2019 at 6:24 PM Post #25
Yes
Very much
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Posted: 11/20/2019 at 10:38 PM Post #26
Announcement Thingy
I will not be posting anything for the next two weeks or so for several reasons:
- I'm writing my side of Orca's December Celebration interactive tale thing (as you know)
- My head hurts, like, a lot
- I have an fictional writing assignment in English that involves murderous demons and murder
- I have final exams coming up (yay)
- I hurt my wrist stapling papers again (which doesn't really stop me from typing or writing since it's my left hand, but vibrato is a no-no).
Edited By Canawlia on 11/20/2019 at 10:39 PM.
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Posted: 12/3/2019 at 9:44 PM Post #27
Background Information
Today I decided to write something, and realized it was two weeks, on the mark. Boom!
So, uh, anyone wanna vote? I wrote synopses (that's right, right?) of my I haven't counted how many very cliche story ideas floating around my head. And intros, too, later. Because 1. I couldn't think of what to write, and 2. I need to start writing something longer, but I can't decide which to try.
Let me know which one sounds most interesting.
Also, title suggestions would be very helpful.
(oh and by the way, they're all connected)

~~~

Insert Title Here

My Terrible Explanation
In the World of Qatoria (name pending?), everyone - well, almost everyone has a Prodigy (this is already stupid), which is like superspeed, healing, etc. and more obscure ones. Uh. So. These kids go to a school, but people are disappearing (not sure whether it's just from the school or everywhere), and, uh, they investigate, and find out that some Prodigy-less person is stealing other people's powers for, uh, revenge, and yadda yadda.
Oh gosh I'm already dying.

Intro?
Yeet yote.

~~~
Insert Title Here

My Terrible Explanation
After everyone in Qatoria found out the truth about the evil Prodigy-less person, they obviously got scared of other Prodigy-less people and started doing violent things, this kid who was a minor character in the above story was defending his Prodigy-less friend but somehow he got teleported (very unreliable method of transportation, by the way) to another World, called Aidana. Now, Aidana is the opposite of Qatoria, most people here are not Prodigies (because it's another World, duh), but they've made up for it with technology.
Also, another reason why there are more normal people here is because, uh, there's a dictator who is scared of them and thinks they'll rebel or something, so he orders them all executed for false charges of treason, or whatever.
Then this kid ends up here, and he's a Prodigy, which is bad, he meets this also Prodigy girl who could tell if anyone was lying but was also unable to lie, and her parents kicked her out of the house because they didn't want to turn her in, but they didn't want to get in trouble for keeping her (cowards). So then they skip off and the first kid is trying to get back, then the girl gets caught and is going to be executed, kid rescues her with help from someone else, she tells them that no everyone gets executed, the younger ones who are useful to the government in some way are kept. But then first kid gets caught this time, as he's going to be executed the protagonists from Qatoria finally decide to save him, big battle, dictator escapes, I'm deciding whether to kill the kid anyways or not.
Also, his friend in the beginning died.

Intro?
Yeet yote.

~~~

Insert Title Here

My Terrible Explanation
Ixkhara, the World of the Wilds, home to every species that has ever existed. Including Mythicals, and few humans. They usually coexist like good people. But for some reason, humans are getting bold and hunting them (tsk tsk, humans), someone has put bounties on the heads of Mythicals, and there's something behind it that's somehow encouraging all of this to happen more.
It is not a good idea to hunt Mythicals. Because when they get angry, boom. But they don't have firepower (I mean, like, weapons, not literal dragon firepower) So if this continues, there will be a war and everything will be extremely bad and there goes the beautiful landscape.

Intro?
Yeet yote.

~~~

Insert Title Here

My Terrible Explanation
I think this should be in the same World as above, but basically Mythicals have a human form, some of them, uh, created hybrids with humans.
Also, there are these things called the Concepts (war, peace, happiness, etc.), it takes a human and a Mythical to 'call' one, but whoever does it loses it. So if you called happiness, you'd be eternally depressed, peace, then you'd try to murder everyone in your path.
But since it takes a human and a Mythical, you can see how these hybrids fit in. Uh, I'm not sure about the significance of this part, though.
So basically there's this group that's trying to stop everyone from going to war and dying, and something happens, and people die, and silver, and spoiler alert their leader is a traitor.
Okay, this girl gets initiated and she's like "What the heck is going on why am I here?" and later she finds out her mother had something to do with this.

Intro?
Yeet yote.

~~~

Something Something Serenity.

My Terrible Explanation
The World Evander - the city of Serenus is forgotten except in legends to all the other cities in this World. However, somehow it is a perfect utopia, and it is still here. This kid lives here, but unlike everyone else, he's curious, he wants to find out what's over the wall surrounding it, and he likes to invent things.
So one day, he gets out, and finds out that the two great kingdoms there are at war, blaming each other for things neither did. Yay! And then he runs around doing whatever, and he finds out that there are spies in the government or whatever, turning the kingdoms against each other for some reason. So he (and everyone else he picked up along the way) has to prove that it is the work of a third-party, because a war will tear this world apart, and both kingdoms rely on each other so heavily. But if they tell the spies accidentally, they'll all be executed.
So it's a lovely game of Murder Mystery, or Mafia, or whatever.

Intro?
Yeet yote.

~~~

Insert Title Here

My Terrible Explanation
Erm, erm, so there are Elementals, however they aren't like Prodigies, they are somewhat uncommon. If your entire family are Elementals, you're probably going to be one - but not always. And if you come from a long line of non-Elementals, you could suddenly find out you're one around the age of 10. And everyone looks up to them. They're like the popular kids.
There's a disease going on, affecting everyone but Elementals, and naturally everyone either wants the Elementals to save them, or decide they're causing it and try to kill them. Mostly the latter. So they have to stop the disease somehow and at the same time avoid the scientists who are trying to capture them and dissect them or whatever, these people were there before but not much of a threat, but now there's no one stopping them.
Also, there's a non-Elemental, and yes, they get sick, which just gives the others more motivation to save everyone.

Intro?
Yeet yote.

~~~

Candela - The End

My Terrible Explanation
Odd that there's something going wrong in every world, right? There's something bigger behind all of this. Candela is the gateway, holding everything together, and the whole thing is unraveling. It's also the only reliable method of transportation between the Worlds. But travelers are getting lost. They never reach their destinations. Traveling through the magical void is always dangerous, but this is getting worse, things are malfunctioning, and if Candela unravels, everyone will be dumped in the void and die.
So all the protagonists unite and save everyone. Yay.

Intro?
Yeet yote.

~~~

So... there you are, 6 horrible cliche story ideas, criticize and decide which one you want most because I'm writing one whether you like it or not. You can slap me later. Yes, they could be better summaries, but *sigh* I'm tired and I'm going to eat dinner.
Edited By Larkien on 12/3/2019 at 9:48 PM.
Wastedpoodle
Level 71
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 38
Posted: 12/3/2019 at 9:46 PM Post #28
The sixth one~
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Posted: 12/3/2019 at 9:48 PM Post #29
That... was fast xD
I added the last conclusion thingy.
I forgot it, somehow.
Edited By Larkien on 12/3/2019 at 9:48 PM.
Wastedpoodle
Level 71
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 38
Posted: 12/3/2019 at 9:49 PM Post #30
Sticking with my answer X3
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.