Forum Index > News and Announcements > Expired Currency
Page 12 1, 2, 3... 11, 12, 13... 15, 16, 17 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Jemadar
Level 74
Grand Protector
Threads: 25
Posted: 10/21/2019 at 7:43 PM Post #111
I don't know how good this would be, but in regards to something to use the tokens on, that is related to the fest.

One of the complaints I have seen on this thread (and I have had it myself during the summer fest) was how long it took to actually get a sculpture completed, even if you had all the materials.

So, what about being able to turn tokens in for 'magic dust'. Each token would earn 10 magic dust, and it would require 100 magic dust to advance the scupture by a minute, meaning you need 6000 magic dust to advance it an hour towards completion. (of course numbers would be balanced, I just used those to try to make it easier for my poor brain to get the math right). That would be, hopefully, 600 tokens required to advance the sculptures by one hour.

Perhaps the magic dust could have other uses as well. One thing I sort of liked about the spring festival and the patriotic event was the ability to have a wandering NPC character that would occasionally turn up and give neat rewards. However, for me, that pyro was awful shy (flower fairies were a bit more forward, but it being my first festival I was the shy one), so perhaps being able to use the magic dust somewhere in the fest zone (perhaps turning it in to an NPC) to increase your chances of encountering a wandering NPC. (I am aware that not all fests have one, but perhaps one or two could be added to each fest).

Perhaps it could even be used in other areas, such as the summer beach treasure hunt, you could sprinkle magic dust on a square and it would act like a lucky spot and give you better chances at the better loot.

The exchange rate between tokens and dust should be such that it would be a viable exchange for players who are able to obtain large amounts of tokens, but not so favorable that it causes a huge influx of pets/good loot from those areas.

Alternatively, or in conjunction with, maybe there could be some sort of slot machine/wheel of fortune type deal where it costs fest currency to use, but you could get any fest related item out of it, including ones not normally able to be bought or only bought for diamonds (albeit very very very very rarely). I know many players like random chance stuff like that, and if there were a chance to get rare or valuable items out of (perhaps even fest themed eggs, of the same themes that can be spawned as nests in the fest zones, could be a prize).

Which reminds me, and I don't think I saw this addressed, about the maws thing and getting keys by completing daily tasks. I would VASTLY prefer that if this were to become a thing, that the pure RNG 'find a sylesti' be removed from the daily tasks and perhaps replaced by one that isn't RNG based. I had extremly good luck in the spring fest and managed to complete all the capture wild themed tasks. Summer festival? I think the themeds were thumbing their noses at me. I can't quite remember how many I managed to obtain, but I didn't even reach the perfume level of the tasks, and some of those I got on the same day, meaning most of the time, I never completed all my daily tasks, simply because I couldn't find a nest or themed sylesti, let alone capture one.
Mikazukichan
Level 75
The Artistic
Threads: 313
Posted: 10/21/2019 at 7:48 PM Post #112
Okay, so, I have been keeping up with this post all day, reading everyone's responses and ideas, and want to give my thoughts as well (probably going to rehash a few people, but.... meh?)

1. This doesn't affect me as I had about 1,000 tokens. I defer to those that it affects.

2. I am cool with moving forward with festival items not turning into anything and just going *poof* after the fact. Knowing this will be the case, I will do my best to use everything.

3. This.... I guess is fine? I mean, I understand why it has to be a thing, though I would suggest making summer fest either instant finish like winter, or slowly auto complete themselves like spring and fall. As others have mentioned, getting the sculpting items can be painful. Combined with #4, summer would be terrible for growing pets.

4. Not a fan of this. I'm one of those that spend a lot of my free time on Sylestia, but I do work full time and have other things to do. Having to spend all my tokens on stuff that used to just drop in zone... not really a fan of this.

5. In theory, this sounds like it would be good. In practice.... not so sure. The issue with catalysts coming from prizes combined with implementing #3 and #4, in addition to the zone being closed during these proposed two weeks means that (especially in summer), you could get an awesome catalyst from the prizes, get it planted with two weeks to go..... and not get enough stuff to finish it, no matter how you try. Let's be honest: the majority of the site population either dries up, or is hard to find once the major parts of fest are over, so if you can't get enough stuff yourself, and you can't purchase enough to finish your pet, it will be hard to get help in those two weeks, possibly costing you that prize anyway. If the pet could be guaranteed to finish all by itself in those two weeks and the use your stuff time would just help you get it faster, this would be fine.

6. Again, pretty sure I never kept enough stuff after fest was over to get beyond 18,000 tokens (never really paid attention, to be honest, lol). So... to those it affects, I bow.

7. I'll deal with pet prestige last. So, experience philters: not sure what I think of this change yet since we will get to my confusion on what pet prestige actually is XD Anyway, I'd rather these increased how fast my moves ranked up, but... *shrugs*

Maws of Madness: I'd have to see how these worked.... but I'm afraid they're going to turn into more grinding, just in an arena style instead of like the Lost Grove. I already only hang out in the grove to do the rare/epic hunts done to try for legendary/mythical grove pets, or to sometimes try to find themes (may not even do this anymore depending on the prestige thing). It's possible that this will be more interesting than I think they will be. Maybe puzzles and such instead of just endless, endless, endless battling? I could see doing this for the one-time rewards (assuming I wanted them), but if it's just more battle grinding, probably wouldn't do it again after I got the special rewards (assuming there weren't awesome things in higher levels that I could get over and over). Anyway, without experiencing it, can't say one way or the other about this.

Pet Prestige: This... I really need more information on. I remember when wild stats were first introduced and one thing that you mentioned at that time, Krin, was how you didn't want wild stats to take away from max stat breeding because you recognized their worth and didn't want to devalue them. I was really happy to hear that. It made me feel like it was worthwhile to breed max stat pets, because their value would remain into the future.

Sadly, it sounds like this is no longer true? My understanding of what was written is that now, my 2+years breeding a pleasing-looking 6v max stat pet, costing millions of gold and thousands of diamonds to create and make breedable versions of.... will be worthless. If someone can use any old sylestie and work it up to the equivalent of a max stat in 1.5 - 2 years, then yeah, max stats will be pointless. That is, unless the prestige stats have a hard cap rather than the stats themselves. I have seen others suggesting this as well. I'd be cool with a hard cap on the prestige stats of basically doubling max base stats. So, my starter (who I did use all the way up to the lost grove) could max out at 2,200 health, 300 mana, and 120-ish of the other 4 stats (without armour). This would make her better than an untrained max stat pet, but wouldn't make max stat pets worthless, as they could max out at 4,000 health, 400 mana, and 200 for the other 4 stats (without armour). Even if the health and mana didn't have as high a cap as that, my starter could be decent while not killing the max stat market (which is really the only pet market still kind of worth anything in gold at the moment >>).

I agree with Xavion about the prestige stats though: I would like them to be breedable, basically for the same reason: the poor sylesties that can't be caught in the lost grove (or at all). They are being left behind in the max stat game because they don't have access to wild stats. And if the prestige stats are weighted to mirror the lower prestige stat more in the breeding, that wouldn't hurt the super stat game at the moment I wouldn't think. Pretty sure there are no grove pets with wild stats anywhere near as high as any of the proposed caps?

Anyway, all I ask is that the max stat market not be sacrificed for this. The pet selling market is already in a very bad place. Devaluing the only pets that currently have good value to make everything 'fair' or 'the same' does not help this at all.
Edited By Mikazukichan on 10/21/2019 at 8:07 PM.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 10/21/2019 at 7:50 PM Post #113
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=81803&page=11#110
Author: Aizar
Time Posted: 10/21/2019 at 7:32 PM
Not a fan of the no auto-complete, especially when it also seems the growing items will be that much harder to obtain? I'm suddenly going from maybe 7 pets completed with moderate effort to 1-2 pets completed with herculean effort.

I'd be fine if the auto-complete thing was bumped up to say, 85%. That would force people to do MOST of the growing, but would still help catch those who couldn't be there for the entire festival or who are afraid of wasting precious growing materials in case they can't afford making the entire pet in time.

Maw of Madness I have a couple questions on--would these scale with your level? The issue with lost Grove is taking a second group of pets through is very painful, as all the monsters are permanently scaled to 70. Also, is this a festival-only thing? It seems like it should be baseline, albeit tied to a special currency or unlocking quest to keep it from being abused too much.

The other things I'd have to think about some more, but I'm tentatively okay with them. I'm very glad I have a way to get a high-stat pet with my beloved firsties that does not mean breeding!!

Just quoting your post, but am addressing this to a lot of players who have had similar concerns regarding auto complete.

So, it seems a lot of players don't remember or don't realize that both Spring and Fall Festival growing mechanics automatically progress on their own every single hour regardless of player input. Only the Summer requires manual progression. We will address that later next year when the time comes.

As for those wanting the auto complete to have increased requirements but still present... think of it this way. With autocomplete, it has now gotten to the point where a ton of players simply just consider, "Okay, I just need x items to hit this 10% criteria and then this pet is done. Yay." That is absolutely not at all how the feature is intended. The numbers for 100% growth were decided upon because that is what is expected to receive a pet.

So the issue then wouldn't be the necessity of auto complete. The issue would be too much requirement for growth time/growth agents. I would much prefer to address that issue than try and somehow balance a mechanic (auto complete) that has no way of being balanced because it's entirely fabricated and unnatural to the feature as a whole.

For the Maws of Madness, no, each Level would be static difficulty for all players. Each Level would progressively get harder, but it'd be the same for all parties/players.
Katty
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 202
Posted: 10/21/2019 at 7:53 PM Post #114
I agree with Xav on the fact that if Prestige couldnt be passed along that all fabled besides rikki and neph will never have those extra stats and i personally would love super puffs <.< they are amazing and deserve all the love. I think the main concern for max stat breeders is that someone would be able to grind pets to max with nothing spent on prismas/mana potions and be able to breed them and produce their own max stat to sell. I think the best option would be to have stats like this

A fully maxed with prestige max stat
(2000 + 2000)
Strength: 1,547 (100 + 100)
Intelligence: 416 (100 + 100)
Dexterity: 1,210 (100 + 100)
Agility: 325 (100 + 100)

A pet that was caught/starter

(220 + 2000)
Strength: 797 (22 + 100)
Intelligence: 221 (20 + 100)
Dexterity: 254 (22 +100)
Agility: 765 (22 + 100)

^ pet still has the "max stat" in the Prestige added but max stat pets still retain their value cause if you want the higher stats you need to prestige a max stat.

as for breeding a pet with prestige, Perhaps if the added stats fell by a certain percent or maybe
This is my one of my 200 mana super rikkis, due to their being no legendary rikkis out there yet, i cannot reach the high high high boosts of Alice's super luffs or Xav's Super lunes both are beyond amazing with their crazy stats and wonderful owners <3
Anyways this is my little lass

2,544 / 2,544 (2000 + 544)
Strength: 131 (100 + 31)
Intelligence: 135 (100 + 35)
Dexterity: 131 (100 + 31)
Agility: 135 (100 + 35)

Maybe through prestige i could get her to
4,000 / 4,000 (2000 + 2000)
Strength: 200 (100 + 100)
Intelligence: 200 (100 + 100)
Dexterity: 200 (100 + 100)
Agility: 200 (100 + 100)

Breeding her with her mate with maxed out prestige would result in babies that will be better than her and her partner and probably better than any babies i could get from breeding back to the legendary i use to boost. this is both a good and bad thing cause this kinda power in the wrong hands/hands that dont infert pets, could make these kinds of stats on pets completely worthless if fertile high wild stat were out there and for goodness sakes someone prestiges a max stat and puts it up for 1 mill breeding fee or something xD cause we all know someone that would do this and laugh as max stat pets started to be worthless.
So maybe the prestige points could look something like this

4,000 / 4,000 (2000 + 544+ 1456)
Strength: 200 (100 + 31+ 69)
Intelligence: 200 (100 + 35+ 65)
Dexterity: 200 (100 + 31+ 69)
Agility: 200 (100 + 35+ 65)

And after breeding their offspring would lose 50% of those prestige points per generation so baby would look like this

3,272 / 3,272 (2000 + 544+ 728)
Strength: 166 (100 + 31+ 35)
Intelligence: 168 (100 + 35+ 33)
Dexterity: 166 (100 + 31+ 35)
Agility: 168 (100 + 35+ 33)

This suggestion would mean we would see offspring of fully prestiged non super at stats like this

3,000 / 3,000 (2000 + 1000)

Strength: 150 (100 + 50)
Intelligence: 150 (100 + 50)
Dexterity: 150 (100 + 50)
Agility: 150 (100 + 50)

And parents at
4,000 / 4,000 (2000 + 2000)

Strength: 200 (100 + 100)
Intelligence: 200 (100 + 100)
Dexterity: 200 (100 + 100)
Agility: 200 (100 + 100)

If stats reduced by 50% every generation that means it would be alot of work to train up a breeding pair for their stats to halve and for their offspring to breed with a mate their stats will halve again to +500 hp boost and +25 other stats, thus making breeding the traditional way still a better way to breed for stats. For non max stat pets when bred will give offspring with stats lower than max . That said though the coding would need to be set in a way that super stat breeders arent affected cause halving all wild stats not just prestige could really ruin a super stat project. Thats why prestige should be a number of its own and changes to it should be only to it ^-^ i hope that was concise enough to understand xD i thought about this alot when sleeping xD
Edited By Kaita on 10/21/2019 at 7:56 PM.
Aerii
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 96
Posted: 10/21/2019 at 7:54 PM Post #115
So I see a few people with a certain question about the Maw of Madness and keys for it. Please know that Krin did state that there was more ways than just getting a key from completing the daily tasks.

As stated- "Keys of Madness can be obtained once a day by completing all Daily Tasks in the Task Log, purchasing them with Festival Tokens, or purchasing them with Diamonds. They will not be tradeable. They will cap out at a maximum of 10 saved Keys at a time. "

Another question was how long it would be around. It's for the Fall Festival only at this time. Krin also did state that similar features would be added to the other seasonal festivals. So hopefully we can look forward to other fests having this new feature or something like it.
Vulpie
Level 75
Spooky Shopper
Threads: 4
Posted: 10/21/2019 at 8:01 PM Post #116
Would players who are waiting for more than a 7.2 million payday be open to an alternative reward for pending Gold beyond that 7.2 million mark? Or are you strictly only wanting the Gold returned?

As someone who usually has anywhere between 10k-30k tokens every festival, it's a major sense of accomplishment for me, and I'm not usually one to rejoice over such things, especially my own. So, to me, getting that extra gold is like extra pay for me working overtime, and to lose that is a bit....disheartening to say the least.

That being said, I wouldn't be too against an alternative, but it depends on what that will be. Even if it turns out that I can only get 10k tokens reimbursed for a lower price per token, as Som suggested, that's fine with me. BUT, I would like to be able to do something with the other 20k, so I don't feel like I lost out on major amounts of gold and other rewards. As others have voiced, I just don't want to feel like my efforts and grinding was pointless.

Which brings me to grinding in the festival itself. I don't mind the drop reduction, especially avatar items. I and many other players get repetitive drops that we can't really sell on the broker unless for dirt cheap. It's the catalysts that are causing the most issues as they seem to be rarer than even legendary avatar items. Perhaps a slight increase in catalyst drops could also be looked at instead of just reducing a drop in everything? As Scath noted, the winter festival is the exception as you can just buy the catalysts, but a reduction in drops might make that harder than necessary.

Pets will no longer auto grow after a Festival completely ends. What you complete is what you get. Now, if a player completed a pet but didn't claim it, I will process those for players. But if the pet is not at 100% growth by the end of the Festival, it will be lost.

On one hand, I don't mind too much as a lot of my last-minute pets are ones that I'm not too invested in. Unless, they're for friends, but I rarely grow for others anymore as it led to some...feelings that I won't express here. But, I can understand why this would be a huge issue for others, as many usually have the max alloted already planted, and they still have more to make. Many of us do have lives outside of Sylestia, so implementing something like this would pressure a lot of people to either be on here almost 24/7 and/or get an auto-grow, which is either too expensive for many players or aren't getting enough catalysts to get free ones from the tasks. As some have suggested, perhaps lowering the requirement of growth to something more manageable, like between 70-80%, sounds more preferable instead of 100%. As Scath also noted, the only exception is Winter where pets were much easier to make, so this wouldn't really hurt that festival too much. It's the others where we don't have that luxury.

Additionally, I can increase the amount of free growing containers from 2 to 3 and increase the max at any time from 30 to 50.

Ooh this sounds like a nice change, but then again, I don't make too many exclusive pets anymore. Most are made as boss tributes (catalysts dropped by the named). I like the idea of having 3 free containers as I don't need to wait to make a pet that I want to make. However, if the token thing is going to become a thing, then increasing the max to 50 will certain make me feel more inclined to grind for tokens. If I'm going to be losing out on the gold, I might as well lessen the sting by putting the tokens into something more productive. As long as the cost isn't something ridiculous (like 500), then I might be more open to using up my hoard towards the brewing/building/planting.

The Maw of Madness sounds interesting, and I'm willing to see how it will play out before I judge it too harshly. I just hope that the increased difficulty won't lead to more feelings of frustration rather than feelings of accomplishment. I like a good challenge as much as the next person. But when it's almost impossible to progress through, then I won't waste my time on something that sounds so good.

Despite all of this, I am hopefully that the changes will provide more fun experiences for new and old players alike. Thank you Krin for being adaptable to our concerns. I understand you can't please everyone, but I hope you know that we appreciate everything that you and Fai have done for this site. We don't mean to be so harsh, but we want to see Sylestia prosper as much as you do. It's never anything against you two, just the issues themselves. :)
Edited By Vulpini on 10/21/2019 at 8:05 PM.
Aizar
Level 70
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 35
Posted: 10/21/2019 at 8:14 PM Post #117
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=81803&page=12#113
Author: Krinadon
Time Posted: 10/21/2019 at 7:50 PM
[quote=1864357]

Just quoting your post, but am addressing this to a lot of players who have had similar concerns regarding auto complete.

So, it seems a lot of players don't remember or don't realize that both Spring and Fall Festival growing mechanics automatically progress on their own every single hour regardless of player input. Only the Summer requires manual progression. We will address that later next year when the time comes.

As for those wanting the auto complete to have increased requirements but still present... think of it this way. With autocomplete, it has now gotten to the point where a ton of players simply just consider, "Okay, I just need x items to hit this 10% criteria and then this pet is done. Yay." That is absolutely not at all how the feature is intended. The numbers for 100% growth were decided upon because that is what is expected to receive a pet.

So the issue then wouldn't be the necessity of auto complete. The issue would be too much requirement for growth time/growth agents. I would much prefer to address that issue than try and somehow balance a mechanic (auto complete) that has no way of being balanced because it's entirely fabricated and unnatural to the feature as a whole.

For the Maws of Madness, no, each Level would be static difficulty for all players. Each Level would progressively get harder, but it'd be the same for all parties/players.

Ah, okay! That does help. It would be the Festivals that don't have a progression timer that'd be really punishing. I think I agree with what someone earlier in the thread said, too--that it would be nice to have a countdown listed on the growing page. "Will be done growing in X days and hours" or something--then players could make slightly more informed decisions on when to start their pets towards the end of the festival.

Thanks for the clarification on that and the Maws of Madness.
Lanfear
Level 75
Spooky Shopper
Threads: 329
Posted: 10/21/2019 at 8:31 PM Post #118
@Kaita 50% would be a bit much.... definitely would deter me further from max stating future projects (im already somewhat there already...). The idea is nice, but anything 'hampering' progress, in order to HAVE to use prisma philters, to gain it back, is not something I would ever be thrilled about

Edit: to note...what would be the point of prestige breeding if, 50% would be taken away? I dont understand that atm.
Edited By Ayelaeyairelyese on 10/21/2019 at 8:42 PM.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 10/21/2019 at 8:34 PM Post #119
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=81803&page=12#118
Author: Lanfear
Time Posted: 10/21/2019 at 8:31 PM
@Kaita 50% would be a bit much.... definitely would deter me further from max stating future projects (im already somewhat there already...). The idea is nice, but anything 'hampering' progress, in order to HAVE to use prisma philters, to gain it back, is not something I would ever be thrilled about

Edit: to note...what would be the point of prestige breeding if, 50% would be taken away? I dont understand that atm.

I believe they meant that the 50% reduction would only be applying to the Prestige stats. Base stats would remain unchanged and continue to function as they have for years.

Prismatic Philters would have no effect on Prestige stats.
Lanfear
Level 75
Spooky Shopper
Threads: 329
Posted: 10/21/2019 at 8:43 PM Post #120
That makes a litte more sense, but then there is the question:

.what would be the point of prestige breeding if, 50% (used as an example) would be taken away? I dont understand that one lol.

Wild stat breeding is already complicated for me, this prestige business isnt helping lmao. I am trying to understand it all, but yes, as I think Xavion mentioned earlier, I think a lot more thought might need to be poured into this.

Edit: It seems to be a neat feature, but I honestly am not sure I would ever use it, even if breeding were to be allowed with it. I'm not worried about all the over cap exp I have, to me its just numbers. I woudnt mind if after one reaches the level cap, exp just stops there, no extra. Though I know other people are more concerned about their pet levels, I am one that I;m meh about, mainly because I play pretty fast. I don't even really worry about ability expertise leveling, because I know Ill hit rank 4 eventually. And since levels dont matter really when stat-breeding....I have other goals to go for at the moment.

I like new things, and maybe Ill just take one pet, and prestige it, just to see what it looks like, but its not a feature I'm overly excited about...maybe its because at this time, I don't understand it much.
Edited By Ayelaeyairelyese on 10/21/2019 at 8:53 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 11, 12, 13... 15, 16, 17
This Page loaded in 0.013 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.