Forum Index > Official Games and Contests > 2019 Fall Festival - Pet Trait Design
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Go to Page:
Guardian of the Realm
Posted: 9/4/2019 at 10:31 AM
Hello everyone! We will be holding design contests once again for the 2019 Fall Festival, due to launch at the end of October!
Rules Please make sure to read the rules carefully!
1. Design a pet gene or mutation for only the following species: Aurleon, Draeyl, Ferrikki, Kelpari, Luffox, Lunemara, Lupora, Morkko, Nephini, Ny'vene, Puffadore, Qitari, Ryori, Sylvorpa, Vulnyx, Zolnixi. After you are done designing your trait, come back to this thread and post the image in this thread. To get a blank pet image just go to the generator page and take the image from there. You can resize the image to the maximum size via the image url, the maximum size is 500.
2. You must draw the trait on the pet. If you feel that your drawing skills aren't great, then along with your drawing you can include a description to better help us envision your mutation. If you are unable to draw something, then I am sorry, there will be no exceptions.
3. You are allowed to be free with your creative process, so it is not necessary to make it Fall themed.
4.Please do not reserve posts. If you reserve a post I will delete your post.
5.Please do not Ping me with your submission. Please only Ping me if you have a question.
6. Before submitting your entry please make sure to scan the thread to see if someone else has done something similar. Try to make your entry unique and if someone has already done something that you were wanting to do...then I highly suggest you pick something different. If you feel someone has "copied" your design, do not say anything to that person - especially in this thread.
7. You may only submit ONE official entry for each species on the list. If you wish to submit more then you can send me a PM with drawings of your trait idea. However all PMed entries that are sent to me will not count for prizes. To clarify, an entry can encompass multiple Trait Slots. As an example, say your entry is a Butterfly set for a certain species. Your entry can include Butterfly Wings, Butterfly Antennae, Butterfly Armor, etc. Species are all different with their Trait Slots so we're looking more at design ideas and not strictly Trait Slot submissions.
8. The end date is September 22nd at 11:59 PM server, after that there is no guarantee that we will see your entry and the thread will be locked once designs are picked.
I am very aware that it's typical to use google to search for ideas when designing things. However, it is extremely important that if someone happens to be referencing another person's artwork, it should not be possible to google it and find exactly what was used as reference. Please make sure to change it enough and be creative enough that you're making it your own design. This is extremely important not just for ethical reasons but also for legal reasons when we're implementing something onto our site. Thank you! =)
Don't comment on someone's entry unless you have something nice to say. If someone copies your entry then have faith in us that we will determine the correct winner. Please do not fight over entries, if I see anyone doing this in the thread then whoever is fighting will be disqualified.
All entries that are picked will have the trait created and designers will receive a Mystical Essence of their choice. Everyone that participates will also receive a participation prize.
Posted: 9/4/2019 at 10:37 AM
Sylvorpa Axolotl Fin
Edited By SpaceElf1 on 9/4/2019 at 10:41 AM.
Posted: 9/4/2019 at 10:55 AM
The Egyptian Ryo! Complete with Crown, Chest Plate, and Leg Cuffs! Idea (and terribly embarrassing first sketch) by me, wonderfully cleaned up and properly colored by MetalJackal <3
Also throwing in a Grim Rose trait set for the Rikki ^^
Grim Rose Mask (I was thinking full mask like the Ryo, but Katt's drawing shows a half mask which I think is just as nifty so, whatever. Your discretion xD)
Grim Rose Armor (basically close to LP armor's collar but with a rose pendant in the center hanging instead of a pearl)
Grim Rose Vines (Basically an addition to the armor, thorny vines on the tail and legs)
Grim Rose (in the tail orb)
And as usual, terrible rough draft by me, and improved upon draft by Kattaria <3
Edited to add in another imagining of the traits being drawn out (with the proper mask), was PMed to me by Sunriseland =)
Edited By MissCheshireMoon on 9/4/2019 at 4:04 PM.
Posted: 9/4/2019 at 10:58 AM
i need that ry in my life <.<
Posted: 9/4/2019 at 11:05 AM
I do too...hopefully Krin does too xD
Posted: 9/4/2019 at 11:07 AM
Tying into a halloween-y theme are the ryori traits stitches, gangrene, and stitched orbs.
Like the actual disease gangrene the trait is more pronounced at the legs, ears, and nose and slowly gets lighter as it nakes its way to the center.
Edited By Superocelot02 on 9/9/2019 at 8:41 PM.
Posted: 9/4/2019 at 11:08 AM
The eqyptian set is really cool!
Posted: 9/4/2019 at 11:16 AM
Celestial Ryori set:
Somehow I can't get this to look how it is in my head, but I want to get the idea out there...
I may attempt a better version. This one just isn't impressive right now.
Celestial Orbs (designed to look like planets)
I wanted a Ryori theme inspired by stylizations of objects in space, especially stars and moons. Each piece of star or moon jewelry is supposed to be glowing. (I may just need a lot more stars. I'll work on it.)
Edit: I realized I forgot I was going to have star and moon earrings as well. Added those in.
I did try a messy variation that has the planetary paths, also inspired by an Armillary Sphere:
I've added a bit more to my Fairy Dragon Nephini set!
It now has some back ridges and claws and scales on the feet, and scale patterns. (I obviously don't know how to draw scales...)
I honestly don't know about the slots...I'm guessing the horns would need to be included with one of the mutations.
M1: Fairy Dragon Wings
M2: Fairy Dragon Scales
Gene: Fairy Dragon Scale Pattern
Ferrikki Leg Feathers!
It's almost exactly like the Owlbear trait, but for Rikkis. I was trying to design wings, but they all covered the body too much, so I thought of flying squirrels that have leg membranes, and ended up with leg wings!
Edit: Added a feather dust mutation!
Dragontail Wings for Lunemara.
These are based on the Dragontail Butterfly: https://i.pinimg.com/736x/3a/e0/42/3ae0425aac72c640b762f43c3c767c94.jpg
I mostly wanted the long tails.
Harvest Mouse Luffox set. Seems fitting for Fall!
Moth Wings for Lupora.
Sunken Treasure or Pirate Jewelry trait for Kelpari.
Edited By Lonefox on 9/14/2019 at 3:28 PM.
Posted: 9/4/2019 at 11:17 AM
Thank you so much! I like yours as well!
Edited By MissCheshireMoon on 9/4/2019 at 11:17 AM.
Posted: 9/4/2019 at 11:22 AM
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Are you sure you wish to delete this post?
Are you sure you wish to restore this post?
Are you sure you wish to report this post?
Go to Top
This Page loaded in 0.009 seconds.