Players 2,533 428
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,205,930 810
Generated 653,745 96
Captured 1,186,876 59
Bred 6,365,217 655
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > General Discussion > The Sylestia Times - July and August 201...
Page 1 1, 2 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Grapejuice
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 155
Posted: 8/31/2019 at 1:00 AM Post #1
Edited By Grapejuice on 8/31/2019 at 1:05 AM.
Grapejuice
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 8/31/2019 at 1:00 AM Post #2

Written by Grapejuice
This "So, what happened?" is a very special one as it'll be including both August AND Julys recap! Without further ado here we go!

~Patriotic Event~
July brought with it the patriotic event, but this one was like one we'd never seen before! Lets have a look at what made it so different and fun!

Sylestian Service
A brand new installment was the sylestian service, were in players could progress through ranks by either battling, nurturing or releasing sylesti, there were 8 levels to pass with the eighth level branching off into three separate paths, one for nurturing (High Priest), one for Releasing (High Druid), and finally one for battling (High Warlord). Each completed rank gives the player cool rewards and ranks 7, and all rank 8's a special themed pet! If you'd gone so far as to complete all three rank 8s you even received a special title: Guardian of the Realm

of course there was some balancing issue when it came to completing the different ranks (specifically the High Warlord) but that happens with every new instalment. Hopefully Krinadon and the team got some good data from this event and will improve it for next year!

Country Specific Patriotic Avatar Items
In celebration of various independant day celebrations outside of sylestia Krin and the team released pre-coloured versions of the Sylestian Service Avatar Items for the 6 most represented countries of Sylestia's playerbase! All of the following could be purchased in the diamond shop:

Maniacal Pyromaniac
Maniacal Pyromaniacs returned once more this year leaving a bountiful treasure in their wake! They could drop any of the blazing fireworks themed pets and 31 avatar items, including an exclusive set to the lost grove:

~Lost Grove Update~
July also brought a bunch of new themed and updates for the lost grove. There have been 32 new themed pets released into the lost grove! This new wave can only be found in the Forgotten Caverns while the original 32 sets can now only be found in the Untamed Forest.

Along with these new themes came the introduction of some updates that increased the themed encounter both pet-wise and nest-wise, as well as making it easier to progress through the Untamed Forest stages and reach the Forgotten Caverns.

~Summer Festival~
August brought with it the Summer festival, a highly packed fest with lots to do so let's hop right to it!

Sylesti Sand Sculpting
Sand sculpting has returned once more and brought with it a slew of new themed to sculpt. Players must fill their sandbox with sand (5kg) and then select a Sculpting Catalyst that they've collected in order to begin. Every so often, your Sculpture will need to be conditioned by using the appropriate Sand Sculpting Agent, using an agent progresses your sculpture to completion. Once complete collect it for the unique themed pet!

In total there are 25 new themed to sculpt, as well as 6 cool titles to win!

Beach Treasure Seeking
Another returning game is the beach treasure-seeking! Collect fishing rods and shovels (wooden, iron, majestic) in order to dig through the sand/fish in the ocean and uncover amazing and useful prizes. Wooden tools yield the most regular prizes while majestic can uncover some truly epic prizes.

Task Log
The Festival Task Log is back and is full of 40+ Tasks for all sorts of things during the Festival. Complete the tasks to win rewards and prizes, some tasks can only be completed once in the whole fest while others are daily tasks that you can keep coming back to do and be rewarded for!

Leaderboard Contests
The leaderboard is back this time with three rounds for everyone to participate in, you can either nurture your way tot he top or battle all the way. 1st place winners recieve a 3vis themed pet corosponding to the board they won on, while the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Place finishers of each Contest will receive a 2-Visible Sculpture Pet of that Species. All top 10 winners will receive a Contest Leaderboard Pouch which can contain some of the Festival's best items!

Two rounds have already passed and we are currently going through the last so get to work everyone! You have until September 3rd to make it to the top of the boards!

Forum Games
Sudoku

Instead of numbers we have colourful seashells, the goal is to use all 9 seashells in each square, row, and column. In any square, row, or column, you cannot use any shell more than once. There's still time to enter so if you haven't solved it yet send in your entry to OfficialGames to get a chance at winning the prize!

Deep-Sea Crossword

Another returning game is the crossword! The object of the game is to use the clues given to fill in the blanks. The theme of the crossword is types of creatures in the ocean that are either alive, extinct or myth.
There is still time to enter and hopefully win the prize so if you haven't already send your entry to OfficialGames!

Word Search

My personal favourite the word search! You have to find the words on the side in the jumble of letters you see above! There's still time to enter, as with all the other games above there are three winners drawn from those who enter in correctly so hop to it!

Sylesti Beach Sticker Scene

A brand new forum game was introduced this summer fest. Players are given a fairly bare beach scene and some "stickers" to decorate it with, you can also use your own pets and avatar designs to populate the beach scene! three people will be chosen by Krin and Fai so if you haven't already posted your beach scene get to it and let's see your fun creative beach scene!

Create a Tropical Fish Sylesti
This game is very simple, just visit the Generator and create your own 'Tropical Fish' Sylesti. You can choose any species and design a Sylesti based on what you think of when you think of a tropical fish.
3 designs will be chosen at random and those people will have their designs generated! There's still time to enter, and as winners haven't been decided on yet here's a couple of designs that have already been entered.
Betta Fish Sylvorpa By Ebonyflicker

Rainbow Kirb Fish Lupora by Bluefox192

Oscar Fish Ferrikki by Lethalz

Summer Festival Pet Traits
We have some beautiful new traits coming out with the summer fest, two of them being a restricted set, here they are!

Along with the new traits the Luffox and Ferrikki species also got some updates to their artwork.

For the Luffox the Adult Male and Adult Female canvases were resized to be more in line with other species and frosted Kitsune Tail and Ears now display Genes.

And The Ferrikki Skullmoth Jackal and Victorian Drape are now on all appropriate Tails/Ears.

Labor Day Weekend Bonuses
In celebration of Labour day there is a not only a diamond sale but a pick a door series game and double experience round. So dear readers be sure to take advantage of this as it only lasts until September 2nd!

~Philter of Health and Philter of Mana~
All project breeders everywhere rejoice for after a lot of asking (43,382 messages to be exact) we finally have a philtre fo health and mana which works exactly like the philtres of acumen, agility etc. Prismatic philtres also now add 10 mana when used! Both philters are now on sale in the diamond shop for 40 each!

Wow! What a long article that was! Well that's what happens when we combine two action-packed months together, next month we will be returning to our usual short(er) article! We'll see you next month for September's issue!
Edited By Grapejuice on 9/1/2019 at 8:24 PM.
Grapejuice
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 8/31/2019 at 1:01 AM Post #3

Written by Limor & Fox, Edited by Grapejuice

A few links to check out when making designs are:
Themed pet reference pages by Xavion
Comprehensive Guide to Themed Pets by Lavelle
Guide to Themed Pet Contests by Scathreoite

Hey all in this article we will be going over using colour pallets and a design based on the Crested Ibis by me and Fox.

So a good way when you're at a loss for making designs is to look up colour pallets. If your looking for something specific try something like, "fall colour pallet" which will pull up an array of images.

Now for example with this, you can look through and select your favourite,

Now, for me at least, I would pull this image into a colour grabber such as this website (which I use) and getting the hex codes to use as a base for my design!

Once you have those fill in or tweak colours 'till you have a completed design!

~ Designing with Fox ~
Now to start me and Fox decided to design a bird, and after looking at some bird images we settled on the crested ibis.

Fox
Whenever I design I always start with a photo reference. In this case, Limor had chosen our reference, so I began by analyzing the colour palette. I knew I was going to use a white/off-white base, so I applied that to my ny'vene first. I also knew I wanted to incorporate a small amount of black and really bring attention to bright orange/red wings.

When it comes to ny'vene I generally like to choose my gene 1 while applying colours because the gene 1 overtakes colour 1 pretty drastically. If I want a white body it doesn't necessarily mean white will be in colour 1. Instead white is on gene 1.

I chose a few traits I knew I wanted to work with. I usually choose traits before applying colour, for a similar reason to why I immediately choose a gene 1 on ny'vene. I knew I definitely wanted to work with the feathered traits.

Next, I apply my eye colour and C1-3. I used black in M1 and M2, referring to the black beak of the ibis.

I applied some orange and red colours to the slots that affect wings, reflecting that of the ibis. I went through each wing gene and ultimately ended up with red admiral. Unlike the other slots, I pick ny'vene G3 last because that trait pulls from multiple sources and sometimes doesn't turn out the way you envision. It is easier to choose your colours and then choose the G3. Sometimes there is tweaking for the G3 colour, but in most cases, I am more concerned about how C2, EC, and C3 affect the wings as those colours will probably not change, because they also affect other traits.
Even though I was working with very specific traits, this design also works with other traits, surprisingly. Ny'vene are generally easy to design in that sense. In general, I like to focus on contrast. That could mean bringing a bright colour to the forefront and accented with a neutral like brown or black. Or using muted colours and using a bright colour as an accent. I apply a lot of colour theory to my designs as well, coming from a background in graphic design. In this case, I chose to use neutrals (white/off-white and black) to enhance the bright orange wings.

Limor
Now for my Vene I decided to go with orangy creams for the main body colours, with a darker red-orange in the eyes. I chose to use the much darker grey/blacks in the mutations.

For the g1 I went with a slightly darker cream-brown, as much of the body is made up of those colours. For g2 I went with a very pale cream, as it will offset well against the g1. The g3 is the wings, and for this, I chose a bright orange, like the Ibis in the reference photo has.

Now for the darker colour I chose to feature this in the m1, as to keep it from overpowering the whole design. In m2 I went with an almost white colour, as much of the Ibis is almost starkly white on the body. For m3 I chose an even more vibrant orange then the g3, as I wanted them to be able to blend together nicely while still looking bright.

With designs that use a lot of very pale colours it can be really helpful to make sure you vary the colours enough, I would recommend against repeating colours more then once in a design, especially if you want to submit it in theme competitions.

Edited By Grapejuice on 9/30/2019 at 8:27 AM.
Grapejuice
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 8/31/2019 at 1:01 AM Post #4

Written by Sakurakuromi & Grapejuice
For this months issue, we are happy to reintroduce Ley! Now we've already seen Ley in a previous months issue, but since then she's been working hard and has come out with some gorgeous new art.

Tune in next month for some more featured art, if you have any suggestions of art you want to see on here pm it to Grapejuice or Sakurakuromi under the title Artists Among Us. Have a wonderful day!
Edited By Grapejuice on 8/31/2019 at 2:29 AM.
Grapejuice
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 8/31/2019 at 1:02 AM Post #5

This month we are introducing some fun rewards for partaking in the games section of the times! Each game has its own rules explaining the prize and how to get a chance to win that prize. Enjoy!

Cryptogram
By: Grapejuice

All the letters have been replaced by numbers except for F and E, figure out the rest of the letters to answer the question. Once you've got the question figured out, pm the answer to Grapejuice, for a chance to win 150k and a one of a kind max stat Griffi
All players who send in a correct answer will have their name put into a drawing, players have until September 30thbefore a winner is drawn. The winner will be announced (and receive their prize) in Septembers issue.

Sylestia Go
By: Grapejuice

I'll be posting three pictures off of google maps with a sylesti in them. You have to guess where that sylesti is! Send Grapejuice your guesses and anyone who has it correct will be put into a draw. and

The Winner will receive 150k and a 2vis Festival Lights Aeridini. You do not have to get all of them right however the more you get right the more times your name will be put into the draw!
Winners to be announced next issue so stay tuned!

Short Tales
By: Sakurakuromi & Canawlia
Writing is a wonderful way to express ourselves, so to honour our writers out there we have this fun little contest. Every issue you will be given a prompt, and must write something based off of that prompt, try to keep your entries fairly short,, as whoever we think had the best entry will be featured in next months issue along with their writing piece.

To enter pm either Sakurakuromi or Canawlia
with your entry!
This months prompt: Your Starter Sylesti

Example By Canawlia
Dawnfeather was lost, hungry, and freezing. All because she had decided to go exploring by herself. The golden Aurleon huddled as close to the trunk of the tree she was perched on as she could. Its leafless branches provided little shelter from the biting winter wind. She wished her feathers were thicker, that it wasn't the dead of winter, and that she'd never decided to go out in the first place.

Dawn tried to make the best of her situation. She had been gone for long enough to be missed. Surely the others were looking for her? But it was unlikely that she would be found, as the sky grew darker with every passing minute.

"Help!" she cried, hoping that some Sylesti out there would hear her.

Unfortunately, her words were drowned out by the roar of the wind. Just as Dawn was about to lose all hope, she heard a rustle from above her. A bright green male Aurleon with purple swirls on his feathers gracefully alighted on the branch next to her.

"Well, someone's definitely not from around here," he chirped, raising his wing to shield Dawn from the wind. "No Sylesti from Umbra Forest would be outside in the middle of the winter! I'm Tropicswirl, by the way. Pleased to make your acquaintance!" he said brightly.

"I'm D-dawnfeather," said Dawn, wondering why the other Aurleon sounded so cheerful. "And I'm l-lost. I came from Viridian Meadows, but I somehow ended up here..." she added shakily.

Tropicswirl's voice took on a more serious tone. "Well, can't have that, can we? Viridian Meadows, you say? I was planning to go there anyways - no way would I stay here the entire winter!"

He lifted off into the gray sky, beckoning for Dawn to follow him. "Follow me, I doubt you want to freeze longer than you have to!"

Dawn eagerly flew after him, and the two Aurleons soared off into the distance.
Edited By Grapejuice on 8/31/2019 at 2:15 AM.
Grapejuice
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 8/31/2019 at 1:03 AM Post #6
~Ask Sadie~

Written by Grapejuice and Sadie, Edited By Grapejuice

As the only sylesti on our staff Sadie has the inside look on a sylesti's life, so feel free to send in questions for her to answer! Just PM any questions to Grapejuice, and in the next issue, Sadie will answer them with a sylesti's perspective!

Sadie, what is your opinion of mass breeding?
Oh boy, this seems like a loaded question! Um, well when our owners don't have enough room for us it's very alarming because we're suddenly kicked out into the wild and left to fend for ourselves! Thankfully as sylesti our instincts are razor-sharp and most of us manage to land on our feet, however, it's still a little jarring! As long as our owners have the room and can offer us a loving home I have no quarrel with it.

If you were given the Philter of Amnesia, what would you change your name too?
Sadie is already a pretty cool name but I guess if I could choose I'd choose Sam!

What element would you say is the best to be attuned too?
I wouldn't say there's any best element but my personal favourite (and the one I'm attuned too!) is Water
Edited By Grapejuice on 9/30/2019 at 8:37 AM.
Grapejuice
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 8/31/2019 at 1:03 AM Post #7
Edited By Grapejuice on 9/30/2019 at 8:48 AM.
Grapejuice
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 8/31/2019 at 3:41 AM Post #8
This months issue is (finally) out!
Grapejuice
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 8/31/2019 at 3:42 AM Post #9
This months issue is (Finally) out!

(I hope that answer from Sadie was to your liking Spelf ;) )
Rileyy
Level 75
High Druid
Threads: 56
Posted: 8/31/2019 at 10:42 AM Post #10
Awesome! Thanks so much grape! (Check discord)
Go to Page:
1, 2
This Page loaded in 0.013 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.