Forum Index > Roleplaying > The Menagerie
Page 2 1, 2, 3... 80, 81, 82 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Murkysoulwaters
Level 72
Trickster
Threads: 5
Posted: 5/23/2019 at 7:10 PM Post #11
Fluttering his feathers in his best approximation of a shrug, Blue Jay couldn't help but agree. "A way in, means a way out." However, he didn't mention the unease that those words caused him. It was a hopeful statement and one that didn't take into account the shift in logic that this world posed. If something like magic changed them, then how could they escape. Blue Jay knew nothing of magic, could never dream of something like this until today.

Very carefully, Blue Jay hopped off the log and brushed against Grey's leg. "It will be okay though. I'm clever, so uh..." He shifted tactics. "Come on. I've checked the left hall already, so let's go through this arch here. See what we find. Maybe we can even find others like us. Maybe they know more?" Taking flight again, the blue jay swooped through the massive archway behind the wolf, eyes already scanning ahead.
Scoutwolf
Level 57
Scout
Threads: 36
Posted: 5/24/2019 at 1:25 PM Post #12
(Can I ping anyone I think might be interested in this? And can I have a second animal to play as? Also, I'm not going to be on for about two weeks... Family.)

Grey nodded stiffly, and trotted forward, eyes never looking back. They were looking for a way out. And she was planning on how to get her revenge. No one could hold her down for long. Then she stopped.

Grey lifted her muzzle. She closed her eyes, and felt something deep within her stir. And she howled. For her loss of her brother, and for the loss of her human life. She howled almost seeking for a friend, whoever it could be...but of course no other animal could understand it. It was almost like a secret code she had sent to whoever was watching over her. Whoever it was. She stopped, and lowered her head. She trotted on, following the flying form of Jay, someone she was going to count as a friend.
Murkysoulwaters
Level 72
Trickster
Posted: 5/25/2019 at 3:23 PM Post #13
(Yeah, that's cool. I was too lazy to make a recruiting thread for this. And you can def play more than one character :3 )

Jay circled in the air, curious about his wolf friend's behavior, but he didn't say anything. He figured it was a wolf thing and that, he could understand. After just a few days he'd already picked up all the preening a feather fluffing habits of a bird. And song. He did like the music that swelled in his little song-bird heart.

Grey's howl echoed all over the great expanse of the room they'd wandered into, revealing its great size. Unlike the previous space, it was open with vines and thick tree roots climbing up the walls. Whatever tree they formed disappeared past the roof, but they reminded Jay of the redwood forests. The kind of trees that had grown for thousands of years. Just the idea of this place being so ancient sent a shiver through her tail feathers. The floors however bore only strips and twirling patterns of soft grass between unmarred wood flooring.

"Wow," Jay breathed. "This room is amazing. It goes on so far that I can't even see the exit. I don't suppose you can smell anything?"
Scoutwolf
Level 57
Scout
Posted: 6/3/2019 at 10:38 AM Post #14
Grey swung her head to and fro, sniffing the air. Her hackles involuntarily rose.
"Yes. A possible traitor."

I am a hyena, tricky and slippery like an eel (or maybe I'll do raccoon, but for now it is a hyena.)
(Going to do a picture later, sorry my device is trash right now... And I will edit this part. Just wait. Also, this is Greys brother.)
Hunter jumped around the place, laughing his ten year old heart out. At least now he had an excuse to laugh at everything... Sort. He jumped up to a wolf who smelled oddly familiar.
"How-diddy-you-do?" Hunter held back more laughter at her expression. "I am Hunter, oh great wolf." He mock bowed as much as he could. He was 100% human, just in an animal form.
Edited By Scoutwolf on 6/3/2019 at 10:51 AM.
Scoutwolf
Level 57
Scout
Posted: 6/3/2019 at 11:02 AM Post #15
Interest ping?
Starpup5
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 62
Posted: 6/3/2019 at 11:06 AM Post #16
I am a red fox.

I am a wise trickster proud and true.
Scarlet knew about the curse and worked to find the door while staying out of trouble. Scarlet kept out of sight while observing others not wanting any more trouble. She knew plenty about this place but she did not know everything about it.
Edited By Starpup5 on 6/3/2019 at 11:09 AM.
Starpup5
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 62
Posted: 6/3/2019 at 11:06 AM Post #17
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=77200&page=2#16
Author: Starpup5
Time Posted: 6/3/2019 at 11:06 AM
I am a red fox.

I am a wise trickster proud and true.
Scarlet knew about the curse and worked to find the door while staying out of trouble. Scarlet kept out of sight while observing others not wanting any more trouble. She knew plenty about this place but she did not know everything about it.
Orcastration
Level 73
Fishy
Threads: 316
Posted: 6/3/2019 at 11:12 AM Post #18
I may join
Murkysoulwaters
Level 72
Trickster
Posted: 6/3/2019 at 6:43 PM Post #19
Jay nearly startled out of his flight when a hyena jumped into their space. Apparently, a blue jay wasn't made to sense things like that, but all his instincts left him fluttering high up in their air and out of reach. Only when the creature spoke did he begin to relax. So this animal was also like them. That was good. Or bad, depending on the perspective.

"Hello. A greeting for me would also be nice, or do you only have interest in other predators?" Jay huffed as he circled around the newcomer. This hyena seemed a bit...childish compared to his new wolf friend. It was hard to tell though.
Murkysoulwaters
Level 72
Trickster
Posted: 6/3/2019 at 7:04 PM Post #20
I am a common mouse and I am timid but resourceful.

The mouse went by no name, for she had talked to no one in years. Others had lost themselves, but she stayed the same and watched the times. Oh yes, she knew all the going-ons of this strange place. A wasp that cried in rage and pain every night, a blue jay beginning to piece together their story, and a wolf and hyena that just appeared. She knew of the owl that slept day and night, going blind to the world by choice. She knew of a fox that stayed quiet just like she did. Sometimes the mouse stayed close to watch such observers because she felt a kinship to them, but she also feared reaching out. What if she ended up alone yet again? So, the mouse sat hidden in the grasses, watching the ones that watched and wondering if things would ever come to change.
Edited By Murkysoulwaters on 6/3/2019 at 7:06 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 80, 81, 82
This Page loaded in 0.013 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.