Forum Index > Roleplaying > The Menagerie
Page 80 1, 2, 3... 79, 80, 81, 82 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Murkysoulwaters
Level 72
Trickster
Threads: 5
Posted: 2/6/2021 at 11:06 AM Post #791
Mrs. Mouse gave August a sympathetic look. "I agree that it's a little frightening to split up again after all the trouble we went through to meet up again. We should all search out Genesis together but then hang back and let a few of the people do the talking. She would likely feel threatened by such a large group anyway," she added, looking over all the animals they had gathered in this one room. Even next to a bed and furniture sized for a human girl, they looked like a lot. "If it makes you feel better, I am more than willing to talk to Genesis with you, August. I have yet to meet her and as a mother myself..."

Sighing, Jay decided that it was best to agree. "Alright. I really don't like that girl either but if she's really the witch's daughter, then she's the best weakness! I'm not saying that we should use people or anything, but it would be stupid not to take an opportunity given to us," he added with a huff. Finally flying back over to the door, he looked up out of the room, finding the strange computer room still empty, though he couldn't see much of the hall. "I'm surprised we've gotten away with exploring for this long. Is the witch distracted by something else? We should go before she really does take a notice of us!"

((Sorry for the wait. My attention is kinda shot right now.))
Edited By Murkysoulwaters on 2/6/2021 at 11:07 AM.
Starpup5
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 62
Posted: 2/6/2021 at 11:17 AM Post #792
"She might have already noticed us," Scarlet mentioned, "only she hasn't done anything yet because she might want to find something or figure something out. After all what better trap than one we walk into while exploring and looking for answers? Also I'm not talking to Gensis after last time I tried to reason with her."
Murkysoulwaters
Level 72
Trickster
Posted: 2/6/2021 at 11:26 AM Post #793
Jay sent Scarlet a disturbed look. "Eh!? What a freaky thought! If she's really waiting for us outside the door then we're very screwed. Does that mean we should look for another way out or should we put our fighters in front?" He didn't like either plan much because they weren't ready at all. "Or should we just book it really fast and hope we miss her entirely!?"
Starpup5
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 2/6/2021 at 11:32 AM Post #794
"Jay calm down please," Scarlet speaks calmly, "I was just thinking what I would do. I think we should keep looking around and see if there is another way out. Think about it how did the witch get food down here if her daughter was banging at the door we know about? Or better yet what if we found something else useful such a map or I don't know a book explaining how this happened and how to reverse it but that would be too much to hope for."
Awkwardmollusk
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 91
Posted: 2/8/2021 at 10:59 PM Post #795
August made a short, uneasy noise in his throat. "A map...? Is that really the sort of thing one would leave lying about in a child's room? No, if you have documents of that importance, you'd keep them well out of reach of a curious little girl. No; I don't think that's a gamble worth taking. I say we leave as soon as we can."

He turned his attention back to Mrs. Mouse. "That said... I'd really appreciate you talking with Genesis with me."
Starpup5
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 2/9/2021 at 2:46 PM Post #796
"I see I'm out voted let's get going than," Scarlet answered calmly. She knew her idea was a long shot either way but she also knew things hidden where others would least expect would be a valid reason for hiding them there.
Murkysoulwaters
Level 72
Trickster
Posted: 2/13/2021 at 4:59 PM Post #797
Jay still felt a bit uneasy about encountering the witch before they were ready. "I don't think you're entirely outvoted, Scarlet. I really wish we could learn more, but..."

"But would it be worth suffering a surprise attack?" Mrs. Mouse finished when the blue jay faded off into silence. She patted Scarlet's leg before giving August a solemn nod. "But I also agree that there has to be another way out. Actually, there's a bit of an obvious one," she said, pointing toward the window. "Considering this was a girl's prison, it's a bit strange to have such an obvious out. If we can get it unlatched and pushed open, though, that's certainly more open than going back down that choke point of a hall."

It really would be a shame to leave without learning everything they could, especially when it came to understanding how the menagerie worked and how they could undo its magic, but they had learned quite a lot already. It was time to use some of that to their advantage.
Starpup5
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 2/13/2021 at 5:03 PM Post #798
"Humm maybe it's not what it seems to be. It could be an illusion so why don't we look around the room and see if there is another way out and another group of us try to open the window," Scarlet suggests.
Awkwardmollusk
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 91
Posted: 2/17/2021 at 2:42 PM Post #799
August swooped down to Mrs. Mouse. "I think we may be able to undo that latch."
Starpup5
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 2/17/2021 at 2:43 PM Post #800
"I'll give you two a boost then," Scarlet bends down to their level, "Get on please."
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 79, 80, 81, 82
This Page loaded in 0.014 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.