Forum Index > Roleplaying > The Menagerie
Page 81 1, 2, 3... 80, 81, 82 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Murkysoulwaters
Level 72
Trickster
Threads: 5
Posted: 4/29/2021 at 11:20 AM Post #801
((*rolls on through* I really need to get better about replying to this. I hope you guys are still around and doing well. I'd really love if we could manage to finish this rp out! I feel the end coming near!))

"Alright, that seems like a fair idea," Mrs. Mouse said to Scarlet before directing Jay. "Give the room another flyover. Ah, and also keep an eye out. If the window is an illusion or something goes wrong, it would be best if we have at least a few people not caught up in it." Despite the almost pessimistic words, Mrs. Mouse was twittering with excitement as she took Scarlet's help in reaching the window's latch. "Well, here goes."

She got her little paws on the latch and slipped it off, letting out a gasp when it undid. One push and it swung open, revealing an unusually familiar scene, washed over in golden light. "I...I see a street and cars! Isn't this the human world on the other side?!"

Jay immediately stopped his search and fluttered to a stop on the latch, though only his feet really kept him from flying out the window. "Then let's go!"
Starpup5
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 62
Posted: 4/29/2021 at 3:10 PM Post #802
"Aren't you two forgetting one thing," Scarlet asks, "if it is the human world and we're more then ten feet off the ground we'll transform into human forum or get stuck in animal forum permidently not to mention the fall could kill you. So let's just calm down and drop something out the window to see how high up we are." She looks around for a rock, a pen, anything that she could find.
Murkysoulwaters
Level 72
Trickster
Posted: 4/29/2021 at 6:49 PM Post #803
"Eep! What a scary thought!" Jay exclaimed. He hadn't thought about it since he was a bird and used to looking down on high things but...right, he was supposed to be a human. Neither of Scarlet's suggestions sounded like good results so he finally stilled his wings, giving the window a proper look. "Actually, this view is a bit strange. Doesn't everything seem golden and off-colored? Get one of those sketchbooks and let's toss it out!"

Surprisingly, Mrs. Mouse only hummed in assent. It was clear that she was deep in thought. Jay was right about one thing. This window view was a strange one. Hadn't they encountered golden light a few times before...?
Starpup5
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 4/29/2021 at 8:52 PM Post #804
Scarlet grabbed a notebook and tossed it out the window to see what could happen. She wondered about the golden light but couldn't remember much about it.
Murkysoulwaters
Level 72
Trickster
Posted: 5/15/2021 at 11:00 AM Post #805
The notebook sailed through the window, all of their eyes on the paper and metal binding. As soon as it passed through the window, it seemed to disappear into the golden light. Mrs. Mouse wasn't sure. Did it spiral down to the street. She squinted, now not quite so sure that she could the ground with clarity. "Did it go? I don't think I heard it hit the ground. But even if this is an illusion, that notebook had to go somewhere!" she murmured.

Jay was pretty astounded as well. "I still think someone should try to go through. Even if it's an unknown exit, it's still an exit!" It had to beat coming face to face with the witch, anyway.
Starpup5
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 5/15/2021 at 7:43 PM Post #806
'Who wants to volunteer then," Scarlet asks, "Because I'm not going right now. If we tie a rope around the person that person can go through and come back to tell us if it's safe or not. What do you think?"
Awkwardmollusk
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 91
Posted: 5/17/2021 at 9:38 AM Post #807
"....I suppose I could fly down, but...." August tilted his head, unsure. "That may be a bad idea."
Starpup5
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 5/17/2021 at 3:16 PM Post #808
Scarlet frowns but waits to hear what August has to say, "Why is it a bad idea?" She was just ready to get out of this place at this point.
Murkysoulwaters
Level 72
Trickster
Posted: 5/24/2021 at 11:40 AM Post #809
"I'm a bit cautious but if you really want to try it out, I won't stop anyone. Just talking won't get us anywhere and it's not like The Menagerie wants us to die," Mrs. Mouse mused. Though if she was being serious, she was quite unsettled by the height and wasn't going to volunteer herself.

"That's fine, really!" Jay huffed. "I said from the beginning that I would go, but do you really want to tie a rope on me?" Flitting down, he puzzled around the room before coming up with the cord that was left from the IV stand. It wasn't exactly a comfortable bit of twine but animals had to make do. "Is this thin enough? I have no idea how we're going to get it tied though. Around my foot, maybe?" he mused. Jay was more than ready to dive out the window already so all of these precautions were making him even more antsy.
Edited By Murkysoulwaters on 5/24/2021 at 11:42 AM.
Starpup5
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 5/24/2021 at 3:45 PM Post #810
"Does it feel secure Jay," Scarlet asks him, "If so unless anyone has any objections I say be careful but go for it."
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 80, 81, 82
This Page loaded in 0.015 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.