Forum Index > Official Games and Contests > 2019 Summer Festival - Pet Trait Design
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Go to Page:
Posted: 5/14/2019 at 7:39 PM
Hello everyone! We will be holding design contests once again for the 2019 Summer Festival. Please make sure to read the rules carefully!
1. Design a pet gene or mutation for only the following species: Aurleon, Draeyl, Ferrikki, Lighira, Kelpari, Luffox, Lunemara, Lupora, Morkko, Nephini, Ny'vene, Puffadore, Qitari, Sylvorpa, Vulnyx, Zolnixi. After you are done designing your trait, come back to this thread and post the image in this thread. To get a blank pet image just go to the generator page and take the image from there. You can resize the image to the maximum size via the image url, the maximum size is 500.
2. You must draw the trait on the pet. If you feel that your drawing skills aren't great, then along with your drawing you can include a description to better help us envision your mutation. If you are unable to draw something, then I am sorry, there will be no exceptions.
3. You are allowed to be free with your creative process, so it is not necessary to make it Summer themed.
4. Please do not reserve posts. If you reserve a post I will delete your post.
5. Please do not Ping me with your submission. Please only Ping me if you have a question.
6. Before submitting your entry please make sure to scan the thread to see if someone else has done something similar. Try to make your entry unique and if someone has already done something that you were wanting to do...then I highly suggest you pick something different. If you feel someone has "copied" your design, do not say anything to that person - especially in this thread.
7. You may only submit ONE official entry for each species on the list. If you wish to submit more then you can send me a PM with drawings of your trait idea. However all PMed entries that are sent to me will not count for prizes. To clarify, an entry can encompass multiple Trait Slots. As an example, say your entry is a Butterfly set for a certain species. Your entry can include Butterfly Wings, Butterfly Antennae, Butterfly Armor, etc. Species are all different with their Trait Slots so we're looking more at design ideas and not strictly Trait Slot submissions.
8. The end date is May 29th 2019 at 11:59 PM server, after that there is no guarantee that we will see your entry and the thread will be locked once designs are picked.
I am very aware that it's typical to use google to search for ideas when designing things. However, it is extremely important that if someone happens to be referencing another person's artwork, it should not be possible to google it and find exactly what was used as reference. Please make sure to change it enough and be creative enough that you're making it your own design. This is extremely important not just for ethical reasons but also for legal reasons when we're implementing something onto our site. Thank you! =)
All entries that are picked will have the trait created and the designers will receive a Mystical Essence of their choice. Everyone that participates will also receive a participation prize.
Don't comment on someone's entry unless you have something nice to say. If someone copies your entry then have faith in us that we will determine the correct winner. Please do not fight over entries, if I see anyone doing this in the thread then whoever is fighting will be disqualified.
Posted: 5/14/2019 at 8:04 PM
Sylvorpa: Paint, G1
Majestic Green Thumb
Posted: 5/14/2019 at 8:22 PM
M1: beach ball
M2: scuba mask
Warden of Umbra
Posted: 5/14/2019 at 8:57 PM
Sylvorpa: Sea Fur (M3)
This is supposed to match the M1 Sea Fur
Draeyl: Body/Back Fin (M2), Head Fins (M3)
Matching M2/M3 fins for Draeyl
Edited By Bananafood on 5/26/2019 at 11:28 PM.
Warden of Umbra
Posted: 5/14/2019 at 11:02 PM
Alright, yay for repeat ideas.
Honeycomb or Dry Earth
(yeah probably does not need to be so extreme lol)
Edited By Firefish on 5/18/2019 at 8:49 PM.
Posted: 5/15/2019 at 12:49 AM
Sun Runes/Solar Runes
The Sweet Tooth
Posted: 5/15/2019 at 1:11 AM
Aurleon - Butterfly Wings
Draeyl - Branch Wings
Ferrikki - Leaf Collar
Lighira - Chibi Wings
Kelpari - Resplendent Jewels
Luffox - Chow Chow
Lunemara - Bumblebee
Lupora - Leaf Collar
Morkko - Blade Wings
Nephini - Royal Jewels
Ny'vene - Cosmic Dust / Cosmic Wings
Puffadore - Stardust / Cosmic Dust
Qitari - Shire Horse
Sylvorpa - Royal Jewels
Vulnyx - Vine Markings
Zolnixi - Leaf Collar
Vanquisher of Undead
Posted: 5/15/2019 at 3:58 AM
Resubmitting this one:
Similar to the Lovely Hearts and Lucky Dust traits.
Resubmitting this one:
Posted: 5/15/2019 at 10:23 AM
In the name of my pet axolotl, Button, Sylvorpas need Axolotl Tail!
I improved the art over my previous Axolotl tail, since Button was willing to pose. Unfortunately, this did not extend to posing for the camera. It's hard to take a photo that adequately shows off that shimmery, semi-translucent tail. Here are some public pix:
Zolnixi Bat Wings (Dragon Wings, Ny'vene Wings--something like that). It's been too long since Zolnixies had a new M3 trait.
Also with better art!
Qitari Ribbon Striped Mane. Since the Qitari mane has its own gene, I think it's important to have a good number of mane traits.
Puffadore Imp Wings (or maybe Dragonet Wings).
Kelpari Tamga (or Delicate Runes). Kelparies need a lot more G3 traits! These are supposed to look like the tamga of some ancient nomadic people (the Sarmatians, the Alans, the Roxolani, etc.). I think the plural of tamga is tamga. The idea is to have an interesting G3 trait that doesn't overwhelm G1.Unfortunately, the pink and orange that I picked for the trait really don't work well with the illustration's yellow body, so please forgive the somewhat sour color combo. Like Lucky Runes, the Tamga have a main color and an outline color. Unlike Lucky Runes, these draw from G3 and AC1 (or perhaps from Eye Color, the way Deep Sea Runes do). On the illustration, the tamga are pink and the outline is orange.
The one on the cheek and the ones on the ankles are closest to what I was trying to depict. Here are some actual tamga, from history and archeology:
Spider-tailed Horned Viper Tail for Nephinies--I drew the tail a bit oversized, I think.
Below is the real-life inspiration. The viper often has its tail close to its head, because it literally uses the spider-tail as a lure to get spider-eating prey close enough to grab.