Players 2,356 356
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,256,924 1,133
Generated 656,451 15
Captured 1,191,067 33
Bred 6,409,311 1,085
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Groups, Guilds, Clubs, and Services > ~*~ DESIGNERS' CHALLENGE UNIVERSITY...
Page 90 1, 2, 3... 89, 90, 91... 348, 349, 350 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 244
Posted: 9/7/2019 at 4:25 PM Post #891
Weclome to the D.C.U. Please have a look around. Since deadline is tomorrow for this challenge, you clearly don't have to worry about participating. The next challenge you can participate in will be posted tomorrow after 5pm CST.

The only thing I ask is that you make sure to familiarize yourself with the rules. Should you opt out, please be sure to let me know instead of leaving us hanging on if you will or not. With challenge, be sure to read the entire challenge post, as it is important information and will guide you as to what is required for said such challenge. Speaking of requirements, all aspects and or part of each and every requirement must be met for your entire design post to be eligible for placement and or prizes. You will be notified via PING here and again through PM to make any necessary corrections before deadline.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask and again welcome to the D.C.U.!
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 9/7/2019 at 4:27 PM Post #892
Relax hon. If they don't, that is on them no you. You will not be held accountable because someone is clearly and blatantly disregarding the requirements and rules of the group. If they haven't fixed the problem by deadline, yours will automatically become eligible and be placed with in the Entries Thus Far post.

Again, I appreciate you trying to guide them in the right direction.
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 9/7/2019 at 4:52 PM Post #893
Good Afternoon EVERYONE! (BE SURE TO READ EVERYTHING)

I hope your weekend is treating you all well, and you are enjoying yourself. I wanted to address a few points/issues/and or situations with you, as well as give you a reminder about this challenge.

With this challenge, there is less than 24 and half hours left to complete any critiques and or submissions. Please be sure to finish it all before the deadline tomorrow at 5pm CST. If you started a design post and you fail to finish it even though you were on, you will be held accountable for failure to fulfill all requirements.

Speaking of requirements, it seems that we have a few that don't seem to want to follow directions. And honestly that is a shame. We also seem to have a few that also feel they don't need to say hey I am opting out or giving a heads up so we aren't left wondering if they will show or not; even though they have been seen online by numerous people as well. And because of this, I have had to make a tough decision again. And regrettably those that do care, that do enjoy the group, and do put forth the effort will feel the effects of this as well as a result. And for that I am sorry. But going forward, I will have to reinstate the "Negative" mark system again.

For those of you whom don't know or are not familiar with the "Negative" mark system of the D.C.U., please look over the information below. Everyone else, please be sure to REFRESH yourself on the information below as well.

"NEGATIVE" Mark System:
(Goes into affect/effect Sunday Sept.10th, 2019)

Negative marks are given when 1 or more rules/regulations/requirements have been broken and or abused. Most of the time you are given plenty of time to rectify the situation before a mark is issued. If you disregard contact from group administration and or blatantly continue the offense, you will be held accountable. Should you be at the receiving end of said mark, you will be contacted privately about it once an issuance as been done. Your marks will drop off after a months time if no further offense has been done. However, should there be another offense before the month is up, your time with the marks restarts and each one does take a month to drop off. There are 3 levels to this system.

Negative Mark 1: This mark is given when the offender has broken a rule. You will be contacted privately to inform you of the offense and your name will go on a list for monitoring.

Negative Mark 2: This mark is given if you have already received a mark, and a full month has not passed. You will again be contacted privately to inform you of the offense and your name upon the monitoring list will be edited with a new mark.

Negative Mark 3: This mark if given if you have received already 2 marks, and your probationary period is not over from your first 2 offenses. It is also given to those that have severe enough offenses, as with this mark you are notified you are being removed from the group all together. And honestly, I truly would hate to do that. I know I enjoy designing, and that you all enjoy designing. And by you enjoying designing with the rest of us, I enjoy having you around and value your time. So please do not let it get this far.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me PRIVATELY to discus. Otherwise, good luck on the challenge folks!
Vanikmal
Level 71
Trickster
Threads: 65
Posted: 9/7/2019 at 5:55 PM Post #894
Thank you for clearing that up! Ill keep my eye on the thread just in case they fix anything anytime before the last 24 hours.
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 9/7/2019 at 6:35 PM Post #895
You are welcome hon. I wish to be fair to everyone, and if you did your part that is all I can ask. And it isn't fair to hold it against you if someone else doesn't do their part.
Edited By Celticnuru on 9/10/2019 at 6:44 AM.
Rileyy
Level 75
High Druid
Threads: 56
Posted: 9/7/2019 at 10:44 PM Post #896

Koterfayes Critiques

So first off, this is very nice design overall, when I look at designing I think about not only colors or the amount of traits, but how all the traits complement eachother, and this is actually my favorite trait combo on puffs almost exactly (different headpiece). Ive used it so many times, LOL. So definitely great trait choice. I also think the brighter eye color was a very nice choice. Brighter eye colors on nearly every sylesti almost always make the designs look nicer in my opinion.

Theres nothing bad about this design, but I personally have a couple peeves when it comes to designs, such as copied color hexes. I might also suggest giving some of the browns a more orange-y tint to add a bit more color variety, and making some of the whites a bit creamier. For M2, Im not overly fond of how the white part of the crown is sitting directly on top of a white part of the genes, so I changed it to a headpiece that would show up in a color other than white to help balance how color is distributed over the design. I also just slightly darkened and saturated G3 to add a tiny pop of more contrast.

The critiqued version:

My Entries

Starlit Trail Lupora

This picture here gave me a very relaxed, natural autumn vibe. I love how these colors complement eachother, and I think the traits work very nicely together to reflect this image. Alone, some of these colors such as M1 might not be the most attractive, but I like how they all fit together on this Lup.

Gold Finch Aurleon

Males are generally all bright yellow and black while females have a soft brown color with yellow accents and black wings. I see goldfinch during the spring, summer, and fall where I live, but theres usually a lot more in the fall since theyre migrating. I like to sit on my porch and watch them all go at the bird feeders. I love goldfinch because they have really pretty colors and I love the shape of their beaks and cute little faces.

Edited By RedDestiny37 on 9/8/2019 at 9:08 AM.
Vanikmal
Level 71
Trickster
Threads: 65
Posted: 9/7/2019 at 11:02 PM Post #897
I have edited my post to show my critique. I used RedDestiny37's critique since the other person still has done nothing to their post.
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 9/7/2019 at 11:23 PM Post #898
I will be doing updates in the morning tomorrow folks. And again at deadline. Remember everyone you now have less than 24 hours to get your posts done and designs submitted and or corrected.
Sunflora
Level 71
Ghost Writer
Threads: 10
Posted: 9/8/2019 at 12:10 AM Post #899
Hey, as much as I hate to do this, I'm going to have to opt out this challenge. My work schedule is starting to get in the way of my life right now, but I shall be back next week.
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 9/8/2019 at 8:42 AM Post #900
Should no one critique yours by deadline, I will add yours to the next update.

EVERYONE ELSE....You have until 5pm CST to submit, and or alter your design posts accordingly. Also, for those of you choosing not to participate, you have until then as well to declare you are opting out.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 89, 90, 91... 348, 349, 350
This Page loaded in 0.027 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.