Players 2,402 361
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,244,056 1,095
Generated 656,241 59
Captured 1,190,530 56
Bred 6,397,190 980
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Groups, Guilds, Clubs, and Services > ~*~ DESIGNERS' CHALLENGE UNIVERSITY...
Page 78 1, 2, 3... 77, 78, 79... 348, 349, 350 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 244
Posted: 8/24/2019 at 4:57 PM Post #771
Good afternoon, one and all. I hope you are all having much luck with the festival, and enjoying yourselves. Just remember deadline is tomorrow at 5pm CST!!

So that means if you want to add anymore or submit a design if you haven't already you better do so soon, because time is running out!

I will be doing updates early tomorrow and right after deadline for the "Entries Thus Far" posts!

Otherwise, good luck!!
Edited By Celticnuru on 8/24/2019 at 4:59 PM.
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 8/24/2019 at 4:58 PM Post #772
Be sure to check out my previous post hon. I found out I can only PING so many characters. Much like how we all can only put so many into a post, same goes for the PINGing. I found the magic number of 19 names is about right. Especially if they are long names.
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 8/25/2019 at 4:27 PM Post #773
All right everyone, you have roughly a half an hour left in this challenge to add additional designs if you have them, and for those that haven't submitted a design to submit one. I know you all can do this!!!
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 8/25/2019 at 6:41 PM Post #774
TOP 3
"Flora and Fauna" Hard Mode Challenge
(MAKE SURE to read EVERYTHING)

This week, we had a hard mode challenge that seemed to prove a bit much for some members. Some seemed to have an inability to follow directions, or what have you. But that is ok. The designs that were submitted were extremely beautiful to see. You all should be proud of the work you did. Give yourselves a pat on the back, because in truth you earned it.

I do want to let you know that one of the requirements will become a staple with in this group as a way to help you individual grow. That being the critiquing. With in the next challenge you will notice 2 requirements that have stars by them. Those are newly permanent requirements for each challenge going forward. Remember you cannot pick and choose which requirement you do, because you don't like how it might affect/effect your design. The requirements are meant to be a teaching tool to help you grow and develop as a designer. They are there to help you test your limits, even if they seem irritating or to complicated. Face it folks, at one point you will be in a challenge even if it isn't in the D.C.U. where you will be face with a similar requirement. So instead of costing yourself in the long run, test your limits and follow the directions given.

With that being said, let me proudly present to you...Your "TOP 3"!!!

(Placers, remember to look beneath your design below to see a personal message to you from me. If you don't claim your prize for those receiving by next deadline, you will forfeit the prize in question.)

1st PLACE ~
Lalalanmao's Designs:

@Lala.....Please set up a currency exchange for 16 diamonds for receiving 1st place. You are amazingly talented, and submitted a beautiful design. When I saw it, in truth I was blown a way. Way to go Lala!!

2nd PLACE ~
Koterfaye's Designs:

@Koterfaye....Congratulations on receiving 2nd place in last week's challenge. You did amazing well, and you should be proud of your work. Way to go! Please send me a COD for 15,000g.

3rd PLACE ~
Limor's Designs:

@Limor....You did a fantastic job on this design Limor. All of your designs in general were very appealing to the eye, but this one stood out to me the most. Please do keep up the awesome job you do with yout designs hon, because you rock!
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 8/25/2019 at 6:54 PM Post #775
"Back To School" Challenge
(DO NOT SKIM...Read all of the information below.)

Don't be fooled by the name of this challenge. The name like many things can be a bit misleading. When going back to school, you often associate it with the month of August in most cases in general. This challenge is all about the months of the year. And most of the time throughout school, you often discovered through various lessons something new about each month of the year. And that is where our challenge comes into play. You must pick a month, and design a pet around something that month is known for. That something for that month can be anything at all. Just remember to follow the requirements, otherwise it will reflect in your work.

REQUIREMENTS:
(All designs must be kept to one design post only that you can edit and add to as much as you want. Just remember, that all requirements need to be met!!)*Permnant requirements.

1.) You must clearly state the month in which you are basing your design on. Not to mention as well as give a brief description on what your monthly design is based on. (Reference pictures are welcomed but not required.)
*2.) With in your design post, you must ping not only myself but the designer that posted directly before you only. Reason being, you must create a paragraph (3 to 4 sentences long) giving them friendly feedback and or suggestion on improvement on the design and or designs currently present at that time. Please include a copy of their design you are speaking about, along with a design of your own referencing the suggestions you made so they can see visibly what you are trying to say. (The only except is the first designer to post.)
*3.) (EVERYONE) Designers, if someone critiques/comments on your design you must make an attempt to make the changes the critiquer is suggesting. It is through another's opinion/vision you can see what you haven't/couldn't see before and in so doing improve on what is already done. It is a way for you to learn how to take riskses and test yourself. When you have done so, place your altered piece next to the original so we can see the changes you made in comparison. (DO NOT COPY AND PASTE their direct suggested image and take it as your own. That will not help you improve in the slightest, but will be seen as a form of cheating/theft.)

RULES/GUIDELINES:
1.) All core group rules apply!

EXAMPLE:
(NO SIZE REQUIREMENT THIS TIME FOLKS!! You can use both genders and or only one if you choose. Also, your description does not need to be as indepth as mine or as long. Though 2 to 3, or more sentences would be nice. If you have a reference picture, I understand you can't control the size on that part, so no worries. Just try for a small image if possible.)

Month Of Choice: MAY

May is the month in which Mt. Saint Helens located in the state of Washington, erupted back in 1980. It was historically noted as the most destructive volcanic eruption in US history. The eruption itself killed roughly around 57 people, thousands of animals, destroyed over 200 homes, 185 miles of road, and 15 miles of railways. When it happened on May 18th, 1980...It blew the top (1,314 feet) of the summit off at exactly 8:32am that morning. Mt. Saint Helen's is still listed as an active volcano to this day with recent quake activity recorded.

Though it is of no importance to the world, it is to me...But May is the month my first born came into this world. So yeah...I like the month of May, as well as November...But I chose May first.

Edited By Celticnuru on 1/15/2020 at 8:24 PM.
Akirashadowwolf
Level 54
Snow Wars Combatant
Threads: 39
Posted: 8/25/2019 at 8:04 PM Post #776
October

The month of October is extremely important to me not only because of the month holding my birthday and also my favorite pagan holiday, but it is also the birthday of a woman who has changed the lives of millions of girls for generations, Juliette Gordon Low. Being an ex-girl scout myself and being raised in the very city the scouts were born, how could I possibly exclude this month.

Post Critique
Edited By Akirashadowwolf on 8/30/2019 at 9:34 PM.
Lalalanmao
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 57
Posted: 8/25/2019 at 8:34 PM Post #777
I'm glad you liked the design. Thank you xD
Lalalanmao
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 57
Posted: 8/25/2019 at 8:39 PM Post #778

Akira, I like your design and why you chose it. Some suggestions though may to add a bit more of the teal as they seemed to be a predominent part of the uniform. You may also want to darken some browns and make the lighter one a little bit more the color of the khakis. Just a couple of color suggestions, but I love your gene combos and the way you made it.
-->

December
I love the month of December mostly because it allows me and my friends, most of which I don't see often as we live in different states to go on ski/snowboarding trips. One of the notable things that happens in december is the winter solstice. It is the shortest day of the year with the least amount of light for those in the eastern hemisphere

Edit after critique:
So with your design it gets somewhat muddled, which may in part be due to traits as puffs get very muddled very quickly, but currently I think your design could use some more of a pop, that bright red/orange color could be really well utilized. Your design is mostly just lacking in the very bright vibrant colors shown in your example and using those could really help! In my example I made some color changes, as well as trait/mutation changes that I think could help keep the design from getting so cluttered.

I added some brighter colors but I kept the traits as I kinda liked how they muddled
Edited By Lalalanmao on 8/26/2019 at 8:17 AM.
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 8/25/2019 at 9:07 PM Post #779
You are welcome on that hon. Though with your suggestions, remember to incorporate verison of the design so he can better see what you are getting at. Otherwise, you are missing a step to that requirement. You still have time to make the adjustment as does Akira.
Edited By Celticnuru on 8/27/2019 at 9:46 AM.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 293
Posted: 8/25/2019 at 9:25 PM Post #780
== October ==
Personally I love Halloween and fall. Autumn is such a great time and Halloween is my favorite holiday because when else can you stay out till 4am in costume and get free candy? I also just love the spooky vibes and the weather takes a turn for the better and, in my house atleast, autumn is when I start too use candles more for like light because they're so pretty and calming so I am doing "Solstice Candle" designs.

== After Critique ==
So taking the critique that said to add in some of those darker colors I did that for the main body color to help make the white pop more!

== October ==
During October my favorite type of drink, "Pumpkin Spice Tea", starts being produced again. I always stock up so I have plenty during the months it is not sold and is a welcome part of the month I really look forward too. I based my design on the box of the favorite type of tea I drink.

== October ==
During October my family starts to get "Warm Cider" as it sold again in stores. I really enjoy cider, especially with Cinnamon. As this is something only found during the Autumn months I look forward to it.

== October ==
Once more in the Halloween months we have "Decorative Gourds"! There very pretty and I wish I could see them round the year, though I suppose only having them 1 month out of the years makes them more special. Personally I love the colors of them, especially the blueish ones, though for this I went with one of the more common orange/green gourd patterns.

== Critique ==
So with your design it gets somewhat muddled, which may in part be due to traits as puffs get very muddled very quickly, but currently I think your design could use some more of a pop, that bright red/orange color could be really well utilized. Your design is mostly just lacking in the very bright vibrant colors shown in your example and using those could really help! In my example I made some color changes, as well as trait/mutation changes that I think could help keep the design from getting so cluttered.

>
Edited By Limor on 8/29/2019 at 8:51 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 77, 78, 79... 348, 349, 350
This Page loaded in 0.028 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.