Players 2,351 354
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,259,683 2,759
Generated 656,461 10
Captured 1,191,100 33
Bred 6,412,027 2,716
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Groups, Guilds, Clubs, and Services > ~*~ DESIGNERS' CHALLENGE UNIVERSITY...
Page 332 1, 2, 3... 331, 332, 333... 348, 349, 350 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 244
Posted: 11/21/2020 at 7:01 AM Post #3311
Everyone, tomorrow afternoon at 5pm CST is the deadline for this mandatory challenge. We have a number of great eligible designs thus far. In fact all designs regardless of eligibility are great for those that are viewable.

Just remember, that if you haven't submitted your design thus far....To do so before tomorrow's deadline. Mandatories requires ALL to participate.

Mandatory challenges only come around every six months. So please do not fret. Things aren't normally this strict nor complicated. Next challenge after our week off next week will be back to normal. With opt outs permitted at that time, along with edits and a little more laxed approached to things. For now though, I am holding everyone accountable across the board as is tradition with mandatory challenges.
Lenore
Level 75
Sylestiologist
Threads: 52
Posted: 11/21/2020 at 4:21 PM Post #3312

Thalia
When invoked, Thalia provides a sense of idyllic calm. Her presence causes the artistic mind to flourish, allowing the most verdant and joyful of creations. Occasionally, Thalia will visit a human on a whim and gift a seed of creativity and the responsibility to nurture it.

Melpomene
Melpomene was once full of the most beautiful melodies, but prolonged contact with humanity corrupted her gift. Now, hearing her song provokes a profound sense of tragedy, producing no less strong a creative influence as her sister Thalia. There is bitter poignancy to works inspired by Melpomene.

Critique for Pokebellpuff:
The blue and yellows on Hope are very pretty, I just wish there was more distinction between the two areas of color, I'm not a huge fan of the two as closely intertwined as they are. Would also be nice to see a little more variety in color, possibly multiple tones of blues and yellows with a little more contrast. For Odium I think the brown C1 would look a little nicer if it had more red hues (closer to a brick color) to complement the reds and oranges but still have enough contrast. Would also like to see more variety in the blacks instead of going pure black, so the design doesn't feel quite as flat (deep red-black or blue-blacks would be quite nice in this design).
Sunflora
Level 71
Ghost Writer
Threads: 10
Posted: 11/22/2020 at 11:21 AM Post #3313

Djinny
Appearing from the depths of the Shadow Realm, Djinny roams the dark realm paths feeding off the fearful energy of any passerby that dare lay eyes on him. He is always followed by a haunting chill due to the mass amount of fright that he induces in creatures and has a great influence on a travelers choice to enter the Shadow Realm

Pyros
Pyros is a gargoyle guardian of the Maws of Madness. Unlike the other gargoyle guardians that either stay quiet or attempt to coax travelers in, Pyros tends to warn travelers about the dangers of the Shadow Realm before they enter.

Critique for Lenore
I absolutely adore the shades of green you used on Thalia! It definitely gives off a fresh, lush tone that feels quite tranquil. I do think the flowers could be a bit brighter to give more contrast between the greens and I'm not sure if the blue quite fits. Your design for Melpomene is gorgeous as her colors feel sadly tragic like her backstory. The dark pinks work so wonderfully with the blues and purples and I adore the balance dynamic between the Thalia and Melpomene.
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 11/22/2020 at 12:43 PM Post #3314
You both only have a few hours left before deadline. Make sure to get those designs in for the Mandatory Challenge.

There is unfortunately no opting out for this challenge. So if you need help please let us know ASAP.
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 11/22/2020 at 4:34 PM Post #3315
25 minute warning folks....Then pencils down.
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 11/22/2020 at 5:22 PM Post #3316
That's a wrap for another mandatory challenge folks. Very well done for those of you that participated. A little disappointing on the behavior or lack there of from a few of you. Remember, if you did not follow directions by reading everything, and proof checking yourself before you posted that is on you. Do not act out and or lash out because of your own inability to follow directions. It happens from time to time. I mean accidents and stuff happens. However, it is no excuse to act out or show displays of childish behavior with random outbursts. There is always next time.

For those that did not participate, you will be receiving negative marks that have been recorded and documented on discord. After 3 negative marks, you will be removed from the group as a whole. So please remember going forward...With a mandatory challenge, participation by all is required not optional. With that being said, I wanted to thank everyone that did participate. You all did an amazing job, and came up with some very pretty and interesting designs. Even the ones that were originally displayed but are no longer visible. Even those were really well done. You should have been and should be proud of the progress you made. Some of you have truly grown since you started here with in the D.C.U., and your talents have sharped dramatically. Keep up that positive trend, and strive to continue improving your own abilities when making your designs.

In the mean time, I want only those that participated to privately send me a list of your chosen top 3. Please be sure to submit them with your 1st choice of course 1st. And so on and so forth. You can only chose your top 3 from the ETF post that I have linked for you below. As those are the only eligible designs with in this challenge at the moment.

I ask that you please submit those choices ASAP, and no later than tomorrow evening at 6pm CST. Outside of that, you have the week off. We will reconvene here next Sunday for the next challenge. Stay tuned for the TOP 3. Once it goes up, prizes will be distributed.

ETF POST
Edited By Celticnuru on 11/23/2020 at 7:13 AM.
Pokebellpuff
Level 73
The Perfectionist
Threads: 8
Posted: 11/22/2020 at 6:03 PM Post #3317
can we mark ourselves as the top 3? Just curious.
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 11/22/2020 at 6:10 PM Post #3318
Whom ever you want to put that is your choice hon. Just make sure to put it in order and PM it to me.
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 11/23/2020 at 7:19 AM Post #3319
Good morning!!

If you are being PINGed here, please understand it is for a good reason. We are still in need of your vote for top three...

Your choices are....ETF POST

Choose a designer from that post that you want to see picked for your top 3. Make sure it is in order and PM me your choices. Since you participated, even if your entry was not eligible...Your voice is still important and should be heard.

I am asking that you please submit your TOP 3 picks back 6pm CST this evening please. Thank you so much in advance.
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 11/23/2020 at 8:06 AM Post #3320
Just a friendly reminder about the holiday off weeks.

Holiday Off Weeks
(No challenges during these weeks)
November 22nd - 28th (Thanksgiving Week)
December 20th - January 2nd (Christmas and New Years Week)
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 331, 332, 333... 348, 349, 350
This Page loaded in 0.030 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.