Players 2,396 356
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,245,334 1,278
Generated 656,251 10
Captured 1,190,576 46
Bred 6,398,412 1,222
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Groups, Guilds, Clubs, and Services > ~*~ DESIGNERS' CHALLENGE UNIVERSITY...
Page 259 1, 2, 3... 258, 259, 260... 348, 349, 350 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 244
Posted: 7/18/2020 at 2:49 PM Post #2581
Very nice start. We will need a reference picture of the fairy tale in question. Requirement 2. Needs to be a visible picture not a clickable link.
Beaubuddyz
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 157
Posted: 7/18/2020 at 2:54 PM Post #2582
*Facepalm* Sorry, I'm not thinking straight.

***Edited

Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=76414&page=258#2580
Author: Beaubuddyz
Time Posted: 7/18/2020 at 2:08 PM
The Snow Queen:

Years before the story takes place, an evil troll creates a magic mirror that disrupts the appearance of everything it reflects. The troll happens to be a headmaster at school and shows the mirror to all of his students. They attempt to take the mirror to heaven, but they accidentally drop it, spreading the shards all over, some falling into people's hearts and eyes, causing them to only see the bad in things.

Years later, Gerda and Kai were at Kai's grandmothers when she tells them a story about "Snow Bee's", which are flurries of snow that the Snow Queen can control.

Months later, Gerda and Kai are playing outside when a shard from the mirror falls into Kai's eye. The only beautiful things to him are the snowflakes he sees through a magnifying glass.

When winter comes, Kai goes out in the snow on a sled, which hitches onto the Snow Queen's white carigde. She reveals herself to Kai by kissing him twice. One to numb the cold, two to make him forget about the life he knew before. A third kiss would kill him.

She takes Kai to her palace, and the people in the village soon decide that he went missing and died. Heartbroken, Gerda still decides to go out to look for him. When she offered her red shoes to the river, she learns that Kai didn't drown.

Gerda then meets a sorceress who wants Gerda to stay with her forever, so she casts a spell and removes all roses from the garden, for that will make Gerda remember. A while later, Gerda sees a rose on the Sorceress' hat, and she cries for she has remembered Kai. Because of her tears, the earth lets her know that Kai is not dead in the earth. She then questions the flowers, but they have no good information so she leaves.

She realizes that it's already autumn and she's wasted time so Gerda hurries along once again. Along the way, Gerda meets a crow who tells her that Kai is in the princess' palace. When she goes there, she figures out that it is not Kai, rather a prince who looks like him.

While traveling away, Gerda is captured by a robber band. However, she befriends a robber girl who tells her that her pet doves saw Kai in the Snow Queen's palace. A captive reindeer tells her that he knows the way there, for that was his home.

SO the robber girl frees Gerda, and she travels with her and the reindeer to the Snow Queen's palace, stopping only twice, at a Lapp woman's home, and a Finn woman's' home.

When Gerda reaches the Snow Queen's palace, she utter's the Lord's prayer, which summons angels who fend off the snowflakes guarding it so she can get inside. When inside, Gerda finds Kai trying to move pieces of ice into characters to buy his freedom, and a pair of skates.

Filled with love, Gerda runs up to him and kisses him. Gerda's tears of happiness melt Kai's heart and he bursts into tears as well. They both get up and dance, and the splinter falls out. When they tire of dancing, they look down to see the word 'eternity' spelled on the ground, the word the Snow Queen wanted Kai to spell.

Freed, Kai and Gerda walk home to play together happily once again/
Sootybean
Level 28
Threads: 1
Posted: 7/18/2020 at 8:40 PM Post #2583
~Beauty and the Beast~

Beauty and the Beast is a tale about a selfish young prince who refused to share his place with, unknown to him, a witch. She curses him and his servants until he learns to love and learns to be loved. This young shop girl turns up and helps him learn to love and be loved.

Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 7/18/2020 at 9:39 PM Post #2584
That is ok. Just remember, you don't need to quote your original post I will go back to it. All you have to do is PING me and say fix it, or add to it or what have you. :-) BUt I love that pic. It is pretty.
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 7/19/2020 at 10:15 AM Post #2585
Updates have been completed fully now. Sorry about the delay, my medical scare was worse than I thought but all better now. :-)

Also, just as an FYI...If you want to add more, change something, or what have you. Submit a design even...You still have time. Deadline is today at 5pm CST !!!
Beaubuddyz
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 157
Posted: 7/19/2020 at 10:16 AM Post #2586
Ack, sorry. I'm so used to doing it, lol. THank you!!!
Dragongem23
Level 63
The Tender
Threads: 254
Posted: 7/19/2020 at 10:46 AM Post #2587
Glad to hear you're doing better!

Just a FYI,i'm going to have to pass on next week's contest just because i'm currently out of town with family
Sunflora
Level 71
Ghost Writer
Threads: 10
Posted: 7/19/2020 at 11:13 AM Post #2588
Opting out. Too busy with work this week. But, great to hear you're doing better!
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 7/19/2020 at 5:11 PM Post #2589
Pencils down folks. TOP 3 should be up shortly.
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 7/19/2020 at 6:57 PM Post #2590
TOP 3
"Fairy Tales" Challenge

And they all lived happily ever after....Well, so I am told. But either way folks, this challenge proved to be a wonderfully enchanting trip down memory lane. From fairy tales of old, to more modern day tellings and so much more. It was incredibly amazing nice to read, see, and wonder. You all did spectacular, and I am ever thankful for your hard work. So thank you for making this yet another successful challenge. With out you none of this would be possible. Though I do hope that this challenge helped inspire some of you to read more. If not fairy tales, then by chance some other genres that might perk your interests. For now though, help me congratulate this week's Top 3.....They are....

(If you are chosen, please be sure to pick up before the next challenge deadline or your prize is forfeit.)

1st PLACE ~
Dragon's The Ice Queen Design

@Dragon.....You have done amazingly well this week. And even though it was a hard choice between the TOP 3, your design shown the brightest. And for all your hard work you have a choice to make. You can have Choice A or Choice Be. Please PM me your answer.

Choice A: 50 Diamonds, 18k in gold, a choice between a random avi item, or a pet from the group choice tab in my stables.

Choice B: 100 Diamonds, a choice between a random avi item or pet from the group choice tab in my stables.

2nd PLACE ~
Annoyed's Tsarevitch Ivan, the Firebird and the Gray Wolf Design

@Annoyed.....You delievered a beautiful piece that went along side a beautiful story. I was very much impressed with your progress this week. For all your hard work and valuable time, please send me a COD for 18K.

3rd PLACE ~
Shimeree's Beauty And The Beast Design

@Shimeree.....You did amazingly well this week. Your designs truly reflected your fairy tale in part, as well as that of your creative way of designing and thinking. You truly did shine brightly this week, and I hope that you continue to shine for many weeks to come. Keep up the amazing work that you do, and never lose heart in what you bring to the table. You are a talented designer. Never lose faith in that.
Edited By Celticnuru on 7/19/2020 at 7:14 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 258, 259, 260... 348, 349, 350
This Page loaded in 0.030 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.