Players 2,353 346
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,255,791 1,456
Generated 656,436 9
Captured 1,191,034 46
Bred 6,408,226 1,401
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Groups, Guilds, Clubs, and Services > ~*~ DESIGNERS' CHALLENGE UNIVERSITY...
Page 217 1, 2, 3... 216, 217, 218... 348, 349, 350 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 293
Posted: 5/3/2020 at 7:40 PM Post #2161
-- Lone Pine Mountain Devil --

The Lone Pine Mountain Devil is a type of supposed prehistoric bird. These claims came around due to the fact that miners in the West Coast area were finding hunter animals like bobcats and coyotes with their faces eaten off, as well as a few humans. Occasional sightings were claimed but they have dropped, suspected due to the growth and urbanization.

-- Chupacabra --

For this design I am going with the Texan Chupacabra. The Chupacabra's name translates to "Goat Sucker" due to its habit of sucking the blood out of animals. My reason for picking this crpytid is my younger years obsession with it. I watched so many shows about it and this photo of an unknown dog is thought to be one of its species. It is thought it is a wolf-coyote mix with mange - though this doesn't explain the once piercing blue eyes and animals stripped of blood.

-- Mongolian Death Worm --

Yet another cryptid I read about as a child, the Mongolian Death Worm was featured in many short and long tales I read as a child. Though to be fair those books were works of fiction this creature always had a somewhat alluring pull on me to find out more about it.

-- Loveland Frog --

The Loveland Frog, my what a wonderful creature. This is a creature I drew a while back - though I don't know much about it. I'm just,, a big fan of a frog that can walk on two legs and carry around little tools. It sounds like something straight out of a story book.

-- Alaskan Tiger (White Death) --

A Cryptid with a bit more credible evidence. Now the Alaskan tiger is a supposed subspecies of Siberian Tiger that has adapted to live in Alaska. Now the evidence for this cryptid besides sighting is A) trail camera photos and B) a few supposed recorded roars. Honestly I wouldn't put it past Alaska to have a subspecies of big cat, it's giant and mostly uninhabited and not to far out of the realm of possibility.

-- Lake Worth Monster --

So the photo above is someone dressed as the Lake Worth Monster, to clarify. Now this creature supposedly lives only about 30 minutes away from me, with a few sightings and even a photograph. Though not fully ruled out as false it is thought to be a hoax done by Highschool boys in a gorilla suit.

-- Ozark Howler --

Another Texan crpytid (and another cat like one). It is supposed to be around bear size, black shaggy fur, red eyes, and horns. It is known for its 'howl', as the name suggest that is loud and piercing. It is suggested it is an unknown subspecies of cougar, though the horns are explainable.

-- Fur Bearing Trout --

A species of trout rumored to have fur, first sightings were letters documented by Europeans sending stories to their families across the ocean. The only known 'specimens' found today are trout with fur sewn onto it. The fur is thought to exist due to the need for warm protection against the arctic waters.

-- Lochness Monster --

Nessie is another popular cryptid found in Loch Ness - hence the name. There have been many many shows about trying to find the lochness monster, as well as scientific research. It is suggested that the Lochness Monster could perhaps be a giant 15 foot eel.

-- Upland Trout --

The upland trout is a fish from North American folklore. It is supposedly a fish that is scared of water so it lives in trees and makes bird like nests. It's supposed to have delicious flesh that is prized among campers. The wings on the fish allow it for easier travel, as fins wouldn't get the job done.

-- Fresno Nightcrawler --

The Fresno Nightcrawler (once again something i've drawn) is a creature seen in multiple security camera's footage. Any funny thing to note is they are sometimes called "Alien Pants" due to the somewhat 'dancing pants' look.

-- Roswell Greys (or Tall Greys) --

Aliens, which I personally see as a type of cryptid, fascinate me. I have books about aliens, i've seen movies about aliens - i've even been to one of the Roswell UFO celebrations. The giant celebration commemorating the Roswell crash. I've always wanted too see a UFO, to confirm the beings for myself. I love love love the ideas and all the stories and evidence from all different people about the same being? Seems to lend it's self to being fact.

Edited By Limor on 5/6/2020 at 3:38 AM.
Dragongem23
Level 63
The Tender
Threads: 254
Posted: 5/3/2020 at 7:55 PM Post #2162
Jersey Devil

I've actually done this once before but I feel like it needs a intense revamp since I've learned a bit more about this Cryptid.
The Jersey Devil is a legendary creature said to inhabit the Pine Barrens of South Jersey. The creature is often described as a flying biped with hooves, but there are many variations. It's origin story says that's it's the thirteenth child of a women who asked for the Devil to take away her 13th kid before he was born.
It's weird.

Mothman
I have seen a few theories that this is just a abnormally large owl but,it's kinda in the same genre as the Jersey Devil
The Mothman is a creature reportedly seen in the Point Pleasant area from November 12, 1966, to December 15, 1967. The first newspaper report was published in the Point Pleasant Register dated November 16, 1966, titled "Couples See Man-Sized Bird ... Creature ... Something".

I may or may not add one more and a bit more information about the Cryptids
Annoyed
Level 70
Scout
Threads: 48
Posted: 5/3/2020 at 7:55 PM Post #2163
Question: do creatures from Urban myths/legends count? Since several cryptids overlap into that a little
Theialish
Level 70
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 60
Posted: 5/3/2020 at 8:08 PM Post #2164
Yes, as long as they aren't fully mythological.
Vanikmal
Level 71
Trickster
Threads: 65
Posted: 5/3/2020 at 8:47 PM Post #2165
I don't see some of my favorites on that list, does using others not on it count? I get mine from the Cryptid Wiki.

I'm mostly referring to the Abbagoochie, which that one is a hoax cryptid. Would that and a few others from the wiki be allowed? I love the ones that are less popular lmao
Shimeree
Level 70
Fancy Pants
Threads: 6
Posted: 5/3/2020 at 8:48 PM Post #2166
Kraken

The Kracken: a giant, cephalopod sea monster that dwells off the coast of Norway and Greenland waiting to capsize unsuspecting ships. Interestingly enough, this cryptid most likely came about due to sailors seeing Giant Squid, since they can reach up to 15 meters in length!

British Big Cats (also known as Phantom Cats or Alien Big Cats)

British Big Cats are pretty much exactly what they sound like: big cats, generally black panthers or pumas, spotted in the British Countryside. Oddly enough, some big cats have been found wandering Britain, but they tended to be escaped pets more than a naturally thriving species living in the woods.
Edited By Shimeree on 5/6/2020 at 6:07 PM.
Theialish
Level 70
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 60
Posted: 5/3/2020 at 8:50 PM Post #2167
Possibly.
Sophiegrace
Level 62
Corporal
Threads: 9
Posted: 5/3/2020 at 9:49 PM Post #2168
Ozark Howler

The Ozark Howler was supposedly a carnivorous cat-like creature. In 2015 an Arkansas television station reported that it had been given photographs of what was said to be an Ozark Howler. The station spoke with the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission, who responded saying that the images sent to the station were a hoax.
Edited By Sophiegrace on 5/6/2020 at 10:33 AM.
Vanikmal
Level 71
Trickster
Threads: 65
Posted: 5/4/2020 at 8:40 AM Post #2169
Just let me know if any of these aren't allowed and I'll change them!

Cactus Cats

This is my favorite cryptid in the feline category. It is described as being a bobcat-like animal with thorn-like fur, sharp bones protruding from its front legs, and a branched tail. They usually are only seen at night slashing open cacti and drinking the nectar. They have been sighted in Southwestern deserts, like New Mexico and California.

Ogopogo

Ogopogo was named after an English musical title The Ogo-Pogo: The Funny Foxtrot in the 1920's.

Fresno Nightcrawler

Weirdly, despite how creepy these are, they are also kinda cute. Now if I saw one in my area, I would be terrified. These creatures have only been seen and recorded twice, in Fresno, California and Yosemite National Park. Someone in Poland has claimed to see one as well. I used a Ny'vene for this design because, in one of the sightings, it supposedly has webbing from the knees to the upper body.

Edited By Koterfaye on 5/6/2020 at 4:28 PM.
Annoyed
Level 70
Scout
Threads: 48
Posted: 5/4/2020 at 3:01 PM Post #2170
Okay, here we goo!
Dobhar-chu

Because you obviously have to have a murder otter/lake monster. Anyways adding this to my list because it sounded cool. Depending on the description it is either a giant otter-dog, or a otter-fish, or a dog-fish, or a otter-canine-fish. Regardless it is Ireland's popular lake monster but it is aggressive and will actively try to murder anyone who encounters it. Sightings have dated back to the 1680's and the most recent sighting being 2003.

Appalachian Black Panther

Yes, yes, I know they exist normally, but hear me out. In the Appalachians there used to be Mountain Lions aka Panthers up to about a century ago- but specifically black panthers. Though they were either driven out or hunted to extinction as settlers came in a ruined everything (Probably went to Florida- there are normal panthers there). Even though there are supposedly no more normal panthers, let alone black panthers in the Appalachias there are still reports and sightings to this day of large black felines spotted in the mountains... (and surprisingly common, a bit higher than sighting than Bigfoot)

Atmospheric Jellyfish

Yeah this miight be stretching it with the Cryptid Rules, but sometimes there are Bigfoot Sightings linked with UFO's (look it up, it's pretty fun). So I say this is in the grey zone, either way these are basically what that are called- Jellyfish that dwell in the atmosphere.

Though to let me know if I need to delete this one
Edited By Annoyed on 5/4/2020 at 3:03 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 216, 217, 218... 348, 349, 350
This Page loaded in 0.032 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.