Players 2,402 361
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,244,056 1,095
Generated 656,241 59
Captured 1,190,530 56
Bred 6,397,190 980
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Groups, Guilds, Clubs, and Services > ~*~ DESIGNERS' CHALLENGE UNIVERSITY...
Page 181 1, 2, 3... 180, 181, 182... 348, 349, 350 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 244
Posted: 3/8/2020 at 6:28 PM Post #1801
TOP 3

"To Infinity And Beyond!" Challenge

This week, the submissions were truly fascinating to see. The various nebulae, to stars, asteroids, planets, and such were all beyond gorgeous. Some of which I didn't even know existed. It was really really neat to see, and very informative from one and all. With that being said, I selected this week's top 3 based on that personal touch so to speak. I felt it was the only reasonable and fair thing to do with so many awesome designs on the table. And even though the copy and pasting method of information from whatever research site you used was acceptable only on this account/occasion...I picked the designs that had more of a personal flare with in the description, over those that did not. So please help me congratulate those that placed with in this week's top 3!!!!

(If you place you will need to collect your prizes before the next deadline, or they are forfeit.)

1st PLACE ~
Koterfaye's Design:

(Neptune Ferrikki)

@Koterfaye....Your "Neptune Ferrikki" was a beautifully designed image, and I can see Neptune bleeding through. I can see where you were going, and enjoyed the various shades of color you used. I enjoyed your personal touch with your description of Neptune, with your explanation of why you used the traits you used. Very well done this week. For your hard work, you get to help create a new challenge to be used at a later date. Please PM me your ideas and what restrictions you would like to implement. Also, keep an eye out for an item coming your way. And lastly, please send me a COD for 15K.

2nd PLACE ~
Dragon's Design:

(Pluto)

@Dragon....I thoroughly enjoyed that you brought some light to the dwarf planet, that use to be recognized by one and all as 9th planet in our solar system. Personally I disagree with the fact that it was reclassified, but that is not here nor there. I loved the color scheme you used to represent Pluto in your design, and thought it was pretty spot on. I liked the fact that the planet became a favorite of yours, and that you brought a bit of unknown knowledge to the table. Not many know of pantheonic reference Pluto is and was associated with. Way to go! You can pick a pet from the group 1 tab in my stables to have as your own to do with as you please, or a COD for 10K.

3rd PLACE ~
Art's Designs:

(51 pegasi b)

@Art...With your design of "51 Pegasi B", I liked the fact you in a way stepped away from your comfort zone and kept true to the various colors of "51 Pegasi B". I know you don't mind the color, but to use the color scheme that you are not too terrible fond of was pretty awesome. Not just that but I also very much loved your "Monkey Head Nebula" as well. You did an outstanding job this week Art...Keep it up!
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 3/8/2020 at 6:29 PM Post #1802
"Inspirational Artists!!!" - Challenge

(READ everything!!!)

Those That Have Opted Out: Dillpickle, Vanillalotus, Opipearl, Koterfaye, Articu, Maplepuppy365, Picklethedarklord

With this challenge, you as the designer will create an avi design based on an artist you personally found to be inspirational and or you have known to inspire others. With that being said, each person must select a artist that no other member has used there by creating a unique submission all around. This means, you cannot use an artist that someone else is currently using for this challenge. Outside of that, you will need to follow all requirements and rules set up for you with this challenge. If you need assistance or help in any way please let us all know so we can assist you in some way. For now though, I bid you all well and look forward to seeing what you bring to the table this week. Remember to PING me.

( The more work you put into this design post of yours, the better!)

~REQUIREMENTS~
1.) When picking your artist for your avi design(s), make sure no one else is using that particular artist.
2.) Each avi design you do must have a reference picture of said artist. Just keep in mind though everything must fit into one post only.
3.) You must give the artists' name, as well as a brief description on why they and or how they were inspirational to you and or others.

~RULES/GUIDELINES~
1.) All D.C.U. regulations/rules are in place and in affect.
2.) Failure to follow the outline rules/guidelines/requirements, will result in your design and or designs becoming ineligible for possible placement. You will be contacted via PING and or PM to correct the situation in a timely fashion. It is up to you as the designer to correct your design and or designs before deadline which is every Sunday at 5pm CST unless otherwise stated.

~EXAMPLE~

Leonardo Da Vinci

The great artist Leonardo Da Vinci, was a brilliant man far beyond his years in many fields. He influenced and inspired other artists into opening their eyes and taking in finer details of life. To make things truly appear natural and life like. He did that not only by his paints, sketches, and sculptures...But also by his love for science. It was through that love that he helped one and all understand the human body, and the use of proportioned measurements. But his genius did not stop there. He was truly a man of many talents. For he helped also in the creation of the parachute, the tank, the helicopter, and so much more! That is why Da Vinci is not only an icon artist, but an iconic scientist, inventor, mathematician, architect, and so much more. He truly will be remembered for ages and ages to come!
Edited By Celticnuru on 3/15/2020 at 12:07 PM.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 293
Posted: 3/8/2020 at 7:12 PM Post #1803
-- Teethmeat --

So not your exact old 'classical' artist Teethmeat is an artist i look up to. When I was younger she had an influence on my style, and I love love her art. I personally have purchased one of her sweatshirts/posters/shirts and seeing as how she is a freelance instagram artist I think support a single artist is good. Just the way she enacts her ideas and drawings and colors are big inspiration to me and I'm a giant fan. From other photos of her i've seen she has a grunge-cottoncore aesthetic, which I tried to relay.

-- Hotchitoslvr --

Once again another instagram artist without many photos of herself. I am in love with her use of colors and stylistic choices, the way she does her lineart, form, anatomy, and color are all things I love. The way she draws fabric is something else i'm a fan of, although not completely realistic they look soft and warm with a cozy vibe. I based the outfit of the avi off how the general style of her characters.

-- Wetmattress --

An artist I like who if i'm being honest, has had some scandals. I love their coloring style, and have a respect for them in a way. They have a very unique style I think, and I love the use of value and texture in their art. The way they use color has inspired me, as well as the skilled use of prisma colored pencils

-- Junji Ito --

Junju Ito is sometimes nicknamed "The Artist of Nightmares". He is a prolific artist in Japanese culture with many strange twisted works. He works mainly in the graphic novels business, providing art for his many stories. His art work has a dark nature, that I love and wish to be able to grasp in a some form one day. His art has inspired many, coming to life in movies, cosplays, and other fanarts.

Edited By Limor on 3/12/2020 at 5:25 PM.
Eid0lon
Level 75
The Perfectionist
Threads: 43
Posted: 3/8/2020 at 7:22 PM Post #1804
Thomas Kinkade

He's inspirational to me because I'm depressed and whenever I look at one of his paintings (example below) it calms me down, and it feels like home. It's very welcoming, and my mom loves him the same way I do. He's actually the artist that inspired me to start drawing, even though I'm not good at it. I am getting better though.
Dragongem23
Level 63
The Tender
Threads: 254
Posted: 3/8/2020 at 9:18 PM Post #1805

Is it okay for me to pass on the pet?Otherwise i'll send the CoD over

Quinni AKA QuinniArt
(I have no clue if this image worked,just FYI)

Quinni I found recently before she passed away and her watercolor work has just amazed me.It's honestly pushed me to get back into attempting to do watercolor because her galaxy art is absolutely wonderful.I'm kinda sad I found her so late but she'll always be in my mind.

Dillpickle
Level 67
Threads: 33
Posted: 3/9/2020 at 7:30 AM Post #1806
can i skip this one i'm not really good with people designs
Edited By Dillpickle on 3/9/2020 at 7:31 AM.
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 3/9/2020 at 7:38 AM Post #1807
I think you should give it a try, and attempt to step out of your comfort zone a little by testing yourself. But...That is perfectly ok hon. We will see you next week!
Edited By Celticnuru on 3/14/2020 at 5:15 PM.
Dillpickle
Level 67
Threads: 33
Posted: 3/9/2020 at 7:41 AM Post #1808
i might do charlie darwins

or david attenborough
Edited By Dillpickle on 3/9/2020 at 7:43 AM.
Duckbunny427
Level 69
Nature Walker
Threads: 66
Posted: 3/9/2020 at 5:27 PM Post #1809
Claude Monet

Claude Monet was a French artist. He was well known for his paintings of water lilies. He did realism and Impressionism. I found him inspirational since his works were all so beautiful. They are all extremely relaxing to look at. I loved the way he blended the paints too.
Edited By Duckbunny427 on 3/10/2020 at 11:56 AM.
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 3/9/2020 at 10:24 PM Post #1810
Remember everyone to follow the requirements for this challenge.

~REQUIREMENTS~
1.) When picking your artist for your avi design(s), make sure no one else is using that particular artist.
2.) Each avi design you do must have a reference picture of said artist. Just keep in mind though everything must fit into one post only.
3.) You must give the artists' name, as well as a brief description on why they and or how they were inspirational to you and or others.

The description does need to be of how your chosen artist was or is inspirational to you personally and or to others not just on why you like them. But how were they inspirational?
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 180, 181, 182... 348, 349, 350
This Page loaded in 0.029 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.