Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Threads: 104
Posted: 3/27/2021 at 2:25 PM Post #1961
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=74910&page=196#1957
Author: Falconetti
Time Posted: 3/27/2021 at 11:41 AM
He nods, smiling. "Sure! Just head back into the centre of town in that direction," - he points - "then you should come across a canal. Go left and follow it and you'll find the dock Bob works at. He's the foreman there, so you should find him easily enough."

I thank Balthur for his help and follow his directions to the dock, walking quickly. I definitely want to get the favour done before the sun sets, that's for sure. "Do you ever wonder if we were better off getting another inn?" I say jokingly to Skywhisper.
Starpup5
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 62
Posted: 3/27/2021 at 3:02 PM Post #1962
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=74910&page=196#1959
Time Posted: 3/27/2021 at 12:10 PM
"Oh," Numbat mumbles, clasping his hands together. "... okay. Point taken."

Crimson shakes her heads, ears drooping. "My sense of smell isn't that good. All I can tell is... vague. But I don't think they're here any more."

The group agrees, following your instructions. You and Numbat walk on either side of the line of ground-bound creatures while the two phoenix flit between spots of cover above, keeping close. Charisma - just successful

Around the next curve of the pass, your path joins another in a branch. At the junction are the remains of a camp. The snow here has been shovelled to the sides, all the way along the mountain passage.

"Oh, it was just a few dwarves clearing the snow," Numbat says, relieved. "They must have just moved on. I wonder if they left anything interesting?" He stays nervously put though, your earlier warning staying his feet.

"Numbat I have an idea to make sure we don't step in a trap," Asteria pulls out her staff and sweeps the ground listening for anything metal in it or the tell tale closing of a trap on her staff. If there aren't any she walks foward where she checked, "I think we should be alright where the dwarfs were since they wouldn't probally set traps where they'd clear snow. If you want to check I'll help but we have to be careful still."
Orcastration
Level 73
Fishy
Threads: 317
Posted: 3/27/2021 at 9:14 PM Post #1963
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=74910&page=196#1958
Time Posted: 3/27/2021 at 11:52 AM
"Yes, most stay inside, but they are disordered lot - no strict routine, every so often a couple of warriors sent out to go around the outside of the ring, check if anything snooping around. Not consistently though."

Spork looks on thoughtfully. It doesn't look like there's a patrol out now. "Though patrols are few and far between usually. You are right - if we make a move just after a patrol returns to inside of ring, we should have some time to work with."

As you watch, a loud growl emanates from one of the carts. With a thud, it rocks from side to side, like something within is trying to escape. The activity doesn't seem to get any reaction from the trapper clan.

"Wonder i i can contact Knight from here...." Nicote nods and mutters. Hes almot certian that growl was Knight that familiaar wasnt exactly going to sit and do nothing all the time.

So he finally gains a braincell and tries to cokmunicate with that wyvern
Falconetti
Level 72
Ghost Writer
Threads: 10
Posted: 4/4/2021 at 2:44 PM Post #1964
He waves goodbye as you depart.

Your griffin caws a laugh. "Maybe. But it's no fun if its easy."

The two of you reach the busy dock. Balthur hadn't exaggerated - as soon as you come within earshot, you can hear Bob before you even catch sight of him.

"You call that heavy? I lifted things twice as bulky when I was just a lad! Come on, get that lumber moving, we haven't got all day!"

The dwarf stands on an upturned crate as he manages the other dockworkers. As you watch, he pitches in to help one who was struggling.
Falconetti
Level 72
Ghost Writer
Posted: 4/4/2021 at 2:49 PM Post #1965
"Oh! Good idea!" he exclaims.

You find no traps where you walk. Your group now finds itself standing in the remains of the camp. Emberpaw and Crimson look thankful that they don't have to deal with the chilly stuff anymore as they shake their fur out.

Numbat, with caution, then pokes around the area. He soon returns, finding nothing of much use besides dying ashes and broken tools.

"Maybe we'll catch up to them on the way..?" Numbat shrugs.
Falconetti
Level 72
Ghost Writer
Posted: 4/4/2021 at 2:57 PM Post #1966
That's a bit vague. How do you want to try to communicate?

Your concealed spot is far enough away that you'd need to shout to talk to him right now, and then there wouldn't be much hope for a stealthy prison-break. You could move closer, but there are no gaurantees that your timing would be right with the clan patrols.

Do you want to wait until after a patrol before moving in to speak to your familiar? The wagons have iron bars as windows, so you could talk through them.
Orcastration
Level 73
Fishy
Posted: 4/4/2021 at 4:56 PM Post #1967
Dpes telepathy or whatever its clale dcount? Seemed to work to some degree before right???

If not then he'll just wait. I mean, Nicote sure doesnt know how this stuff works, its not like he paid attention to anything concerning them before recently. And they have to go in after the guards leave naywyas.
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Threads: 104
Posted: 4/4/2021 at 5:13 PM Post #1968
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=74910&page=197#1964
Time Posted: 4/4/2021 at 2:44 PM
He waves goodbye as you depart.

Your griffin caws a laugh. "Maybe. But it's no fun if its easy."

The two of you reach the busy dock. Balthur hadn't exaggerated - as soon as you come within earshot, you can hear Bob before you even catch sight of him.

"You call that heavy? I lifted things twice as bulky when I was just a lad! Come on, get that lumber moving, we haven't got all day!"

The dwarf stands on an upturned crate as he manages the other dockworkers. As you watch, he pitches in to help one who was struggling.

I wander a bit closer to Bob, trying to stay out of the way of the dockworkers as best as I can. When I get close, I clear my throat and shout up to him. "'Scuse me, do you happen to be Bob?" I'm not sure who else would be Bob, but I figure it would be really awkward if I somehow managed to get the wrong dwarf.
Orcastration
Level 73
Fishy
Posted: 4/4/2021 at 5:27 PM Post #1969
Dpes telepathy or whatever its clale dcount? Seemed to work to some degree before right???

If not then he'll just wait. I mean, Nicote sure doesnt know how this stuff works, its not like he paid attention to anything concerning them before recently. And they have to go in after the guards leave naywyas.
Starpup5
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 62
Posted: 4/4/2021 at 5:30 PM Post #1970
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=74910&page=197#1965
Time Posted: 4/4/2021 at 2:49 PM
"Oh! Good idea!" he exclaims.

You find no traps where you walk. Your group now finds itself standing in the remains of the camp. Emberpaw and Crimson look thankful that they don't have to deal with the chilly stuff anymore as they shake their fur out.

Numbat, with caution, then pokes around the area. He soon returns, finding nothing of much use besides dying ashes and broken tools.

"Maybe we'll catch up to them on the way..?" Numbat shrugs.

"What if we made camp here for the day," Asteria asks knowing that the group was tired by now, "Numbat what are the chances of us getting anything in the snares if we set them up?"
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 196, 197, 198... 246, 247, 248
This Page loaded in 0.025 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.