Page 195 1, 2, 3... 194, 195, 196... 246, 247, 248 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Falconetti
Level 72
Ghost Writer
Threads: 10
Posted: 3/3/2021 at 1:46 PM Post #1941
(Heh, why not?)

Brazentalons blinks as you remove the bag, his tufts of feathers all fluffed up. He tries to flatten them again as you practice summoning your fire.

You can summon a fireball as big as your head, though it takes time to accumulate. You can feel yourself straining as your control over the fire starts to slip, however. Stopping here, it takes a couple of seconds before it fully dissipates. You need a short while to let your magic fatigue wear off.

Magic strength increased by 1/2

The centaur rises to his hooves showing he's ready to get moving, leaning on his makeshift walking stick. He doesn't appear to be relying on it as heavily as he was yesterday.

"It's been a while since I've met someone with magic," he comments neutrally.

Your griffin gives him an evil eye before turning back to you. "I'm ready."
Falconetti
Level 72
Ghost Writer
Posted: 3/3/2021 at 1:57 PM Post #1942
"Nice to meet you both," he says, nodding at your griffin. He accepts the bag, swiftly checking how many coins are inside with an expert eye before pocketing it.

"I've carted exotic seeds to Rythia before, and this is the usual amount. Yep, this is worth four large sacks of seeds. Which, eh..." he looks from you to Skywhisper and back again. "Well, let me just show you what you're in for."

He opens the warehouse door. A relatively small room inside is littered with random crates and bags. Balthur points you both towards four ridiculously large sacks of seeds waiting near the front. You don't know how much they weigh, but from first looks they appear heavier than either one of you to carry alone.

"However you both decide to get these to Rythia, I'm leaving for Elvenor later on today. I've got some dealings to sort out before a shipment of timber arrives here," Balthur explains. "If I can help, it'll have to be before then."
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Threads: 104
Posted: 3/3/2021 at 2:07 PM Post #1943
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=74910&page=195#1942
Author: Falconetti
Time Posted: 3/3/2021 at 1:57 PM
"Nice to meet you both," he says, nodding at your griffin. He accepts the bag, swiftly checking how many coins are inside with an expert eye before pocketing it.

"I've carted exotic seeds to Rythia before, and this is the usual amount. Yep, this is worth four large sacks of seeds. Which, eh..." he looks from you to Skywhisper and back again. "Well, let me just show you what you're in for."

He opens the warehouse door. A relatively small room inside is littered with random crates and bags. Balthur points you both towards four ridiculously large sacks of seeds waiting near the front. You don't know how much they weigh, but from first looks they appear heavier than either one of you to carry alone.

"However you both decide to get these to Rythia, I'm leaving for Elvenor later on today. I've got some dealings to sort out before a shipment of timber arrives here," Balthur explains. "If I can help, it'll have to be before then."

"What is she going to do with that many seeds, start a flower factory?" I mutter. "Say, Balthur, do you have, like, a wagon or something similar we can load these into?" I try and estimate how long it would take to go back and forth four times if it comes to that.
Starpup5
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 62
Posted: 3/3/2021 at 2:59 PM Post #1944
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=74910&page=194#1937
Time Posted: 3/3/2021 at 12:08 PM
The morning is bitterly cold, the sun hidden behind a thick layer of fog and its warmth nonexistant. You can't see much further down the mountain pass than a handful of metres, and the snow has turned crisp and icy.

Crimson huffs, forming a little cloud in the chill air. She gives you a tired look, far from her usual cheery, animated mood. She does little more than mumble 'hungry', her ears askew.

You're hungry and fatigued.

She divides up three pieces of the pudding one for Crimson, one for Numbat, and one for herself. She eats her piece then addresses the group, "I know we're all tired but we have to push on. To make it easier on everyone though we'll keep the pace at a walk and if we find a good camping spot we will stay there and rest for the night and what is left of the day. Sound good?"
Orcastration
Level 73
Fishy
Threads: 317
Posted: 3/3/2021 at 3:11 PM Post #1945
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=74910&page=194#1938
Time Posted: 3/3/2021 at 12:22 PM
(Tin of fruit [weight 1] and tin of meat [weight 3] removed from inventory)

Spork nods, a determined glint in his eyes. "I not forget. I repay my debt to you, soon."

He looks above the two of you, where the cliffs of the 'Pass tower high overhead. "Yes... though now, we have phoenix to worry about. We lucky it not Sunsky, when they nest. We only have a couple of lone fire birds to deal with, rather than territorial parents."

You've both got a long walk through the Phoenix Pass ahead of you. The only positive is that you could catch up to Spork's old clan before you reach its end... but only if you're quick. Time's running out, and Boulder is only a couple of days' travel from here.

"What's our pace?" Spork asks. "If we are to catch up with your friends?"

"Fast enough to catch up and maybe avoid the flaming birds, slow enough we dont run around a cornor and bang into them or get too exhausted." Nicote says. "We'll just keep moving as long as we can. The clan is probably big enough that they need time to set up and take down camp."
Falconetti
Level 72
Ghost Writer
Posted: 3/9/2021 at 11:23 AM Post #1946
He winces. "The only wagon I have is my heavy-hauling one, which doesn't have any more room in it at the moment. Sorry."

His tail swishes idly as he thinks for a moment. "Though... I do know of a couple of people hereabouts who may be willing to lend something suitable to the job, if that helps.

"There's a dwarf who works at the canals nearby here, by the big clock-tower. Then again, you could also find an elf nearby the Northern Fountain Square who transports food round various places here. Lastly, I know of a sharp-witted orc at the edge of the southern slums who rents out carts and the like for favours and gold."

As for timing, it took you five-to-ten minutes to walk from Rythia's to here. If you can only carry a bag at a time, it could take you up until midday - not counting how long it takes to get a barrow.
Falconetti
Level 72
Ghost Writer
Posted: 3/9/2021 at 11:33 AM Post #1947
You're no longer hungry - 3/8 Chillfest Pud remaining

"Thanks," Numbat says, scoffing the bit of pudding in three seconds flat. On the other hand, Crimson accepts your offering gratefully, nuzzling into your hand with a happy expression.

The group exchange looks, before unanimously agreeing.

You get going. The sun reaches its peak without much event, or any appealing camping sites. The wind howls eerily down the pass, the only sound other than that of your party.

Unexpectedly, Sunfeather's shriek pierces the air in warning. She swoops down, landing on your shoulder while Blazetalon sticks to coming down to circle tightly overhead. Crimson and Emberpaw lift their snouts to the air, ears pricked up and alert.

"There's something up ahead," Crimson says softly, looking up to you for guidance.
Falconetti
Level 72
Ghost Writer
Posted: 3/9/2021 at 11:44 AM Post #1948
"Exhausted?" Spork chuckles with a grin. "Don't know meaning of word."

The two of you speed up to a jog, mindful of the mighty birds that occasionally glide by high overhead, uninterested in your presence.

The already dark, ashen land gets even darker as night approaches. Your companion doesn't look like he needs to rest, and neither do you, so you don't stop.

Night has fallen for some time when the pair of you round a bend to see firelight up ahead. Echoing voices reverberate off of the walls, jeers and conversations that you can't make out from here. Blocky shapes are silhouetted by a campfire, beyond them you can see figures moving around.

"Common layout. Fire in centre, wagons and carts in ring around. Defensive wall against animals, less so against people," Spork informs you. "Your friends be in one of them, likely."

There are many carts, and the sounds of many orcs and goblins making up the clan. This won't be easy.
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Threads: 104
Posted: 3/9/2021 at 12:04 PM Post #1949
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=74910&page=195#1946
Time Posted: 3/9/2021 at 11:23 AM
He winces. "The only wagon I have is my heavy-hauling one, which doesn't have any more room in it at the moment. Sorry."

His tail swishes idly as he thinks for a moment. "Though... I do know of a couple of people hereabouts who may be willing to lend something suitable to the job, if that helps.

"There's a dwarf who works at the canals nearby here, by the big clock-tower. Then again, you could also find an elf nearby the Northern Fountain Square who transports food round various places here. Lastly, I know of a sharp-witted orc at the edge of the southern slums who rents out carts and the like for favours and gold."

As for timing, it took you five-to-ten minutes to walk from Rythia's to here. If you can only carry a bag at a time, it could take you up until midday - not counting how long it takes to get a barrow.

"Well, I don't want to do another favour for a favour," I muse. "Maybe we'll ask the elf or the dwarf? Which one is closer, the clock tower or the Fountain Square?" Just going back and forth with one isn't an option if we're going to repeatedly do this. "Say, how does Rythia usually get her seeds delivered?"
Starpup5
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 62
Posted: 3/9/2021 at 2:41 PM Post #1950
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=74910&page=195#1947
Time Posted: 3/9/2021 at 11:33 AM
You're no longer hungry - 3/8 Chillfest Pud remaining

"Thanks," Numbat says, scoffing the bit of pudding in three seconds flat. On the other hand, Crimson accepts your offering gratefully, nuzzling into your hand with a happy expression.

The group exchange looks, before unanimously agreeing.

You get going. The sun reaches its peak without much event, or any appealing camping sites. The wind howls eerily down the pass, the only sound other than that of your party.

Unexpectedly, Sunfeather's shriek pierces the air in warning. She swoops down, landing on your shoulder while Blazetalon sticks to coming down to circle tightly overhead. Crimson and Emberpaw lift their snouts to the air, ears pricked up and alert.

"There's something up ahead," Crimson says softly, looking up to you for guidance.

"Sunfeather could you see what was up ahead? If so could you please descibe what you saw," Asteria asks fingering her bow hoping she wouldn't have to use it soon.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 194, 195, 196... 246, 247, 248
This Page loaded in 0.027 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.