Forum Index > News and Announcements > Fortune Week Overview
Page 6 1, 2, 3... 5, 6, 7... 10, 11, 12 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Earthprotector49
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 17
Posted: 3/17/2019 at 2:33 PM Post #51
Cool! Thanks for doing that for us game advancement slowpokes, Krinadon 8).
Glashea
Level 60
The Tender
Threads: 0
Posted: 3/17/2019 at 11:06 PM Post #52
Thank you! I am making progress slowly but surely, and I'm sure that I'll get there sooner or later.
Katharos
Level 65
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 0
Posted: 3/18/2019 at 1:47 PM Post #53
Yay for the pick a door and dungeon tickets! Finally found a pooka and it completely demolished my team, so I don't think I'll be gaining any there.
Good luck everyone!
Katty
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 202
Posted: 3/19/2019 at 4:22 AM Post #54
I am grinding away and have only triggered one pooka and 2 keepers and havent be running from battles. I mean yeah the occasional when im distracted and revert to autopilot but i feel like its been 500+ battles since my last trigger in the grove and ive been in SBO for 3+ hours trying to trigger another pooka

EDIT not sure if RNG is just being normal RNG or if something is up

Edit again. was running back and forth for 7-8 hours off and on with rl getting in the way but yeah lots of battles and finally triggered a pooka
Edited By Kaita on 3/19/2019 at 6:19 AM.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 3/19/2019 at 12:32 PM Post #55
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=74402&page=6#54
Author: Katty
Time Posted: 3/19/2019 at 4:22 AM
I am grinding away and have only triggered one pooka and 2 keepers and havent be running from battles. I mean yeah the occasional when im distracted and revert to autopilot but i feel like its been 500+ battles since my last trigger in the grove and ive been in SBO for 3+ hours trying to trigger another pooka

EDIT not sure if RNG is just being normal RNG or if something is up

Edit again. was running back and forth for 7-8 hours off and on with rl getting in the way but yeah lots of battles and finally triggered a pooka

Features like these are always tricky to balance. So, atm, we've had some players defeat dozens (yes, dozens) of Keepers so far in the first ~5 days. Over the course of the event, this extrapolates to about 50+ total. And then on the other end, we'll have players who encounter like 1-3 for the duration of the event. Obviously, that is a massive discrepancy.

Increasing the rates across the board - I don't think that'd be an ideal solution here.

Capping how many can be triggered to limit high playtime players - we sorta tried that last year for an event and it did not go over well and is not something I'd want to do again.

Some sort of daily boost for players to at least have an easier time of finding one per day - I think we did something like this for some event within the past year or so... and this is probably the best solution. It's just a bit more taxing to implement b/c I have to set up more tracking and write more code rather than just tweak some numbers. But I'll look over this and see if I can get this set up.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 3/19/2019 at 7:03 PM Post #56
I have added a daily spawn boost to both the Keepers of the Clover and Pookas. This bonus stacks until it basically caps out which it would after 2 straight days if you don't encounter one for that duration.

Everything else still mechanically works the same.

This should just make it much easier for players to encounter their first Keeper and Pooka every day.
Katty
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 202
Posted: 3/19/2019 at 8:22 PM Post #57
thank you so much Krin, it was getting to the point where i was about to sit out the rest of the event ^-^ so i am glad i might have things change in my grove now

EDIT after change i saw first keeper in around 36 hours so thats progress xD
Edited By Kaita on 3/20/2019 at 2:04 AM.
Username120430
Level 70
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 27
Posted: 3/19/2019 at 9:46 PM Post #58
Thanks Krin! This helps a lot. I haven't been finding pookas for 2 days now
SpaceElf1
Level 75
Ghost Writer
Threads: 673
Posted: 3/19/2019 at 9:55 PM Post #59
Thank you Krin.
Nightstooth
Level 70
The Tactician
Threads: 21
Posted: 3/20/2019 at 3:38 AM Post #60
I've had an idea on how to possibly balance out how hard it is to defeat mini-fest Named in the Lost Grove for lower leveled, lower ranked vs max level, max ranked pet teams. Take the thing that the players who are newer to the grove have the hardest time dealing with (for the Keepers, it seems to be the HP regen buff?) and have the Named have a couple of different versions of that thing (for Keepers, it could be that the HP regen buff has different amounts of HP that it regenerates per turn for the different versions of the HP regen buff). Then, take the average level of the ranks of the abilities for the team, and whatever the general rank average is, it triggers a certain version of that thing (for Keepers, an average of rank 1 could trigger the lowest amount of HP that is regenerated per turn, an average of rank 2 (or 3 or whatever the ranges you want it to be) triggers an HP regen amount that is higher than the amount for rank 1 but still in the middle, and an average of rank 4 triggers the full HP regen buff that is currently on the Keepers). It would help make it do-able for those who are newer to the grove and help make mini-fests feel less like an end-game event to keep those who are already finished with what has already been released of the grove entertained. (A similiar thing could probably be done for Pookas, too, but with level. A higher level team spawns higher level / tougher Pooka.) Though that may be too much of a modification to do during this fest. And another thought - enemies in the grove could have skills with ranks. That is probably basically what my suggestion boils down to for the mini-fest Named.

Have you thought about monkeying further with the code to modify spawn rates? Instead of having a cap that says absolutely no more Keepers / Pookas for today, it could be modified to make them rarer and rarer as a person encounters more and more of them in a day after a cap of normal spawn rates is hit for the day. It could be reset every 24 hours or so. So initial spawn rates could be higher in general, but spawn rates taper off the more a person battles and plays. It could possibly help even out spawn rate amounts amoung the players so most people encounter at least one a day. I don't know the math involved so I can't say for certain.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 5, 6, 7... 10, 11, 12
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.