Players 2,402 361
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,244,056 1,095
Generated 656,241 59
Captured 1,190,530 56
Bred 6,397,190 980
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Q&A (Newbie Friendly) > What am I doing wrong!?! Is pay to win j...
Page 1 1, 2 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Finnley
Level 61
Threads: 3
Posted: 1/23/2019 at 12:00 PM Post #1
I'm at the end of my patience with this game and there has to be something I am missing somehow??

I'm trying to complete the quest for Faerinas Shrine but for the life of me, I can not win that last boss battle. I can't even get close. My two strongest pets are lvl 28, and the slot for the third battler is 25,000. None of my healing items show up in the bag during battle, either, including the ones that don't say 'cannot be used during battle'.

Now, there doesn't seem to be any realistic way to level up past this point. My options:

* Grind for exp at the bandit camp. But this yields me MAYBE around 200 exp every couple of battles, and I need over 20,000 exp just to reach level 29. Then there's another level to unlock the next proficiency point, which MIGHT be enough to defeat the arch mage, I don't even know.

* Grind in the bandit camp dungeon. If I'm lucky, I'll face an enemy I can defeat for around 1,000 - 2,000 exp. Of course, more often than not, I get blasted into nothing, and need to pay 700 gold to revive my pets.

* Don't grind or battle anything - just spend a few hours fleeing for battle encounters, hoping for chests instead. They contain around 100 - 500g, so while it would take a LONG time to reach 25K, it might be my most realistic option.

Yes, my pets have proficiencies. Yes, they have accessories. So I'm really not sure what I'm supposed to do, if this game is just unbalanced, ptw, or if I'm downright missing something.
Edited By Finnley on 1/23/2019 at 12:04 PM.
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 83
Posted: 1/23/2019 at 2:44 PM Post #2
Pay to win is absolutely 100% avoidable. No pay to win needed at all.

1) if you need gold, Missions are the best way to do it- make sure you know how they work so you can send the best pet for the job on them, and upgrade the amount of mission slots you have (there are six total slots that you can have)
Check the forum guides on Missions and mission pets and the Guide to making gold

Mission satchels can give extra gold, healing items, equipment, and very, very rarely pet essences.
Completing missions additionally gives your pet exp, and thus can be used as no-effort grinding.

(Also don't use healers they charge through the nose.)

2) just having profs and accessories on your pets doesn't mean they have the best setup. It isn't unbalanced, it's intricate. You need to understand how each element works, and how the different equipments boost the pets. This is a pitfall many newbies fall into- not all pieces of equipment are equal to eachother for any given pet.

Name: Lancelot
Level: 28
Element: Shadow
Prof.: 1HP
Relic: Myrmidon, uncommon, lv20
Armor: Warden (Dex/Agi), rare, lv20
Acc.: Bolt's (Int/Agi), rare, lv20
Acc.: Elora's (Int/Dex), uncommon, lv15

Name: Itharion
Level: 29
Element: Air
Prof.: 1Str
Relic: Assassin, uncommon, lv15
Armor: Thunder's (Str/Dex), rare, lv20
Acc.: Myrmidon, epic, lv15
Acc.: Warden (Dex/Agi), epic, lv20

And immediately we see the first issue with these; you absolutely need to replace their relics asap.
Relics are the most vital of a pet's equips, because they provide the major boost to a pet's damage output. However, that only works if the pet has a Relic that's aligned with their Damage Type.

Lancelot has a Myrmidon relic, which is a Str/Dex Physical Damage item. Lancelot is a Shadow pet, which is a Magical Damage element.
Lancelot's Relic gives him +45 Phys damage, meaning his phys damage output is 79... buuuut he's a Shadow pet, so his damage calculations run off his unboosted magical damage of 41.

(Itharion's has the right kind of damage, but she'd be better off if at the least you gave her Lancelot's Myrmidon relic, because she's an Air pet and wants the Dex rather than the Agi her Assassin equip gives)

Shadow Tanks should have Illusionist equips (Int/Agi).
Air pets want Myrmidon (Str/Dex).

Additionally, Uncommon equips are,,, frankly they're just kind of bad. A lv55 uncommon has lower stats than a lv25 legendary.
You'll want to upgrade (preferably to all epic or higher) asap.
If you're doing missions consistently, the mission satchels can give equipment- and higher level missions summarily give better equipment. Lv25 Very Hard missions from Esior's haven can give lv25 epic and legendary equips

Proficiencies are fine.

On the healing items, when in battle make sure you're hitting "Manage party" (the red arrowy-looking thing) > "use item" > select the Elixir or draught you want to use > click the pet you want to use it on (icon should appear over the pet's level)

To use healing items out of battle- especially Potions, which cannot be used in battle-, you go to your actual inventory page, select the pet you want to heal from the dropdowns underneath, select the item you want to use, and hit "use item".

(It is not like this in the third region, Lost Grove, or Festival Zones, which use the newer explore/battle system- there you hit the bag icon and is just brings up your healing items. The Old battle/explore system is Old, from when Krinadon was a lot newer at the whole thing.)
Edited By Scathreoite on 1/23/2019 at 2:47 PM.
Dragongem23
Level 63
The Tender
Threads: 254
Posted: 1/23/2019 at 2:51 PM Post #3
I tottaly know how you feel I. Got stuck two quest after that for almost a year,sometime just grinding in fest zones will get you more money if you so seek..
Earthprotector49
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 17
Posted: 1/23/2019 at 2:58 PM Post #4
Your biggest disadvantage is you only have two pets. I found the only way to make progress with that particular part of the game is to have three (one of them attuned to the Fire element, as that is the only one which allows you to attack multiple enemies at the same time). Since it sounds like you dont yet have enough gold to unlock that third party slot, I would take a break from working on that part of the game and either do one of the activities you listed, or focus on sending your pets on missions. If you do enough of those, gold will accumulate pretty quickly (You might also be able to do upgrades of some of your pets equipment.). I had to do the same thing until I had enough to unlock that third slot.

The only other recommendations I can give you are these:
. If you have the gold to do it, I would switch one of your two pets to the Fire element, for the reason I described above.

. Dont pay the healer(s) to restore your pets. If you just exit the zone youre in and do another activity for awhile, their health will return to full strength eventually.

. Make sure your pets equipment (and proficiencies) matches the element theyre attuned to. This is a good guide to doing that: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=45988.

. If youre set on making more attempts at completing that part of the game, get rid of the harder enemy(ies) first, rather than the easier ones.
Somneli
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 111
Posted: 1/23/2019 at 5:58 PM Post #5
Scath's advice above is really sound - Scath is always very thorough and is rather knowledgeable about these things. Listen to Scath ^w^

There's really nothing to add to that explanation, except possibly reassurance that "pay to win" is not necessary. Helpful? Sure, people who can buy diamonds can get things done faster. But I've never paid a cent to this site (although I would like to support Krin). You can buy just about everything you need from other players on the Trade Broker, and you can buy diamonds on the Currency Exchange too.

Running missions as often as possible helps a ton. As was mentioned above, they give gold, and some experience, and sometimes equipment or healing items when opening mission satchels. All around a good investment. It's completely possible to "win" without "paying" for it at all. ^w^
Finnley
Level 61
Threads: 3
Posted: 1/23/2019 at 6:06 PM Post #6
Thanks you guys. That's a lot of really helpful advice.

What probably was the spike in the coffin for me (aside from not knowing how to use items) was that I didn't realize I could buy equipment from other users, leaving me at the mercy of drop RNGsus. I spent tens of thousands of gold on healing before I figured that out lol.

Anyway, level complete.
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Posted: 1/23/2019 at 6:24 PM Post #7
To follow up on the mentioned "You do need the third party slot" (and this is technically true, as the game was balanced with the thought of the players having a full three-pet team after reaching Umbra Forest, and was something that slipped our mind):
Typical team setup is Tank (slot 1, Water, Earth, or Shadow element), and then Healer (Light) and Attacker (Fire or Air)

There are replenishing mobs in Umbra, and it should be noted that while Fire pets are very useful for beating the generic ones, the plot-based ones you might be better off using an Air pet (not that you can't beat them with a Fire pet in the party, but.) The best way to mimimise the difficulty is by targeting only a single enemy slot and forcing the enemy mob to bottleneck through it, meaning you only have to fight one difficult enemy at a time- one 3+ star and two 1-2 stars- rather than three difficult ones at once. (Fire pets make that endeavor moot, as they always hit two targets with their base attack)

Yeah- if you need specific equipment, Trade Broker is where to go, though you could also try making a post in Item Auctions forum.
Edited By Scathreoite on 1/23/2019 at 6:26 PM.
Nightstooth
Level 70
The Tactician
Threads: 21
Posted: 1/23/2019 at 8:39 PM Post #8
Honestly, you don't need to buy equipment from other users to get some good stuff. Except for when I was filling out all the slots for my pets in the beginning, I haven't bought equipment through the trade broker. (Neither do I sell it through the trade broker. I just use the inventory sell box to get rid of the junk equipment. Gets me some gold without the wait and trade fee to deal with.) Anyways, take a look at some of the goodies I found through luck. (The mythical one came from a boss battle in the Nightfall dungeon, and I think the rest were all random drops / mission bag items.)

Also, get your reputation up with the towns. The town halls sell decent equipment if you get a high enough rep.
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Posted: 1/23/2019 at 8:42 PM Post #9
Why does that shadow pet have all Assassin gear?

We specifically said "specific", though, on a basis of drops from enemies, bosses, and mission satchels being random.
Nightstooth
Level 70
The Tactician
Threads: 21
Posted: 1/23/2019 at 8:51 PM Post #10
I think I forgot it was a shadow pet. I use it as a tank so it doesn't really matter as much if its attack sucks. I can just change the element before I actually use it again. It's not my main team so I don't use it as much.
Go to Page:
1, 2
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.