Forum Index > Official Games and Contests > Lost Grove - Pet Trait Design
Page 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Quetzaloe
Level 70
The Tactician
Threads: 48
Posted: 1/10/2019 at 10:09 PM Post #71
I really want some butterfly traits for ryos. O.O" Lepidoptera (butterflies and moths) can live in a variety of habitats, with several species preferring cave systems and the various vegetative life surrounding caves. So long as the air does not get too cold (lepidoptera are cold blooded) they can be found in these areas (usually around the entrances, but ryos are fabled and not supposed to be in the LG anyways so we're gonna bend reality a bit).

Sorry, I know these are rough, just trying to get them up. Lace may be helping me with digital versions later, at which point I'll replace these.

These traits include two genes (G2, G3), and one mutation (M2).

G2- Butterfly Veins- This is comprised of the detailing on the main torso of the ryo. The neck and rear (where the ryo gets misty) kinda have a gradiation to fade out? Coloring would be similar to Rose Markings and other genes, with the outlining being AC, EC, or C3, and the inside color being the G2 color slot.

G3- Butterfly Wings- This is comprised of the detailing on the limbs and ears of the ryo. Again on the ears gradients help smooth the transition of the colors, although I suppose there could be just a sharp end contrast that would still look nice. Similar in coloring pattern to the above trait.

M2- Butterfly Kisses- This mutation would take the place of the ryo's orbs (similar to M2 Grim Roses), and mixed throughout the mist would be sparkles/color specks (like M2 Galaxy, to a point). This one takes a little more imagination, as I was pretty limited doing this by hand (sorry about that).

Female Ryo:

Male Ryo:

References -- I didn't use any? Lepidoptera are the center of all my printmaking projects, so their lil wingy veins are kinda easy for me to eyeball by now? But I suppose looking at monarchs and some of the Pieridae family might help you?
Edited By Silverraven on 1/22/2019 at 6:04 PM.
Quetzaloe
Level 70
The Tactician
Threads: 48
Posted: 1/10/2019 at 10:12 PM Post #72
Oof. The Koi Kelp traits are so pretty!!! I'd love to own kelps like those!
Skyebluephoenix19
Level 60
Threads: 36
Posted: 1/12/2019 at 12:55 PM Post #73

Gene 3 color cyan

Color 2 royal blue

Color 3 black
Darkgemini
Level 66
Master Egg Hunter
Threads: 4
Posted: 1/12/2019 at 3:47 PM Post #74
Those are awesome, Skyebluephoenix19! I would love to catch one of those.
Ajthedragon
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 2
Posted: 1/14/2019 at 11:34 AM Post #75
Twilight Tail
Because the colours got a little distorted with the shading I added a flat colour copy of tail to make them a bit clearer. There was also ment to be glow coming off the end of some of the tendrils, and the EC areas but I forgot to add it.

Spotted Tail Salamanda

Bat Wings
Why is this so horrifying...?

The C2 could also be a darker shade of M1

Geo/Geode Tail

Long fur tail holding either a crystal cluster or a geode. I thought the cluster could look cute because the fur could be between all the crystal spikes, also crystals growing out of the fur just to give it a little flare.

Oilbird

Gem Stones

Elf armour

Dragon Fins

Dark Shadows Armour

Red is eye colour, gray is M1, and M3 respectfully and the purple glow is an accent colour.
Edited By Ajthedragon on 1/23/2019 at 2:52 PM.
Galaxea
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 138
Posted: 1/14/2019 at 4:16 PM Post #76
Another quick question. When you say draw does that mean by hand or can draw on it with paint on your computer. I can do either I just want to know which works best for you guys.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 1/14/2019 at 4:26 PM Post #77
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=71629&page=8#76
Author: Galaxea
Time Posted: 1/14/2019 at 4:16 PM
Another quick question. When you say draw does that mean by hand or can draw on it with paint on your computer. I can do either I just want to know which works best for you guys.

Either works. However, I would say that digital drawing allows for us to better see your ideas and allows for more details to show through.
Galaxea
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 1/14/2019 at 4:28 PM Post #78
Thanks that will also let me bypass the whole scanner not working so I have to take a picture issue. I can just use my husbands laptop to do the pictures and uplaod them to imgur from there. this will save a lot of extra unneccesary work.
Galaxea
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 1/14/2019 at 7:03 PM Post #79
Here are my entries. Please excuse my horrible drawing skills.

First my favorite.

Gene one is amazon otter
Mutation one is otter tail, which is supposed to be curled around the rikki orb in case that wasn't clear enough in my drawing.
I thought about doing gene three with a seashell in the orb but my attempts to draw even a simple one failed so badly I decided to not include it.
I was surprised how well these genes went with the rikki. I absolutely love the look. I wished I could rip it out of the drawing as a real creature, or even as a plushie, and keep it for my own.
Cave Connection: Otters live in dens called Holts. Kinda like a mini cave. Also some caves have rivers flowing into or out of them. Since the rest of the zone is kinda Jungle-y I thought an amazonian river otter would fit quite well.

Next one up.

Mutation 2 is cave bird regalia. The bones are supposed to be twined into the feathers, and there are supposed to be leather bracelets on the feet.
Cave connection: obviously a caveman reference

Gene one is fallow deer.
Cave connection: More jungle than cave, but rare creatures can get lost in cave systems

This one could be anyone of the three genes. I call it reflection runes. inspired by the reflection of water on cave walls.
Cave connection: Water reflections on cave walls

I thought this one was adorable.

Gene one Leopard spots.
Cave connection: The stereotype of big cats living in caves

Gene one would be gold vein. based on the veins of precious ore found under ground. two long veins with a few short streaks ans spots beside it.
The blue thing on its head was supposed to be a mutation called crystal helm. It supposed to be overlapping layers of spiky crystal with one spike dipping down to half cover the beak.
Cave connection: Mines are often found in caves

mutation two explorers garb.
Mutation three explorers hat.
The vest is supposed to have pockets in it with a pickax in its mouth. the helmet is an old mining helmet. The helmet could be a different mutation or put with the garb for one whole mutation.
Cave connection: Caves are both fun and dangerous to explore

Gene one Dragon Fire
Mutation one Dragon tail.
Gene one is supposed to be fire markings racing along the lupora's side. Mutation one is supposed to look kinda like the dragon tail for Qitari and Zolnixi. Yes my awful drawing kinda confuses the overall image.
Cave connection: Dragons live in caves.

I kinda liked this one.

Gene three Diamond runes.
Its supposed to look like a line of diamonds running down the side with sparkles coming from them.
Mutaion one would be daimond regalia.
its supposed to be a solid diamond crown with a solid diamond neck;ace and bracelets.The crown could be a separate mutation but I think it looks better all together as one mutation.
Cave connection: Diamonds are a type of mineral.

Gene Three Tiger stripes
Gene One Tiger Stripes.
I loved how the genes looked on this. Originally It was only going to be gene three, but I loved it so much I had to try it out as Gene one too.
Cave connection: The big cats live in caves myth

Gene three Web runes
Supposed to be covered in spider web markings.
Cave connection: Spiders like caves.

Gene one Black widow markings
Gene Two Black widow markings
Supposed to look like Black widow markings. on gene two its supposed to cover most of the back but my drawing skills are Meh.
Cave connection: Spiders...caves...spiders in caves! Waaaaaahh! I am terrified of spiders.

Not my best work, but interesting

Mutation two I think. Centipede legs, complete with mandibles on the face.
Cave connection: Centipedes often live in caves

And last of all.

Aeridini bat wings after all what is a cave without bats.
Cave connection: Pretty obvious LOL.
Caw
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 64
Posted: 1/15/2019 at 3:56 PM Post #80
My entry is a gene design for the ferrikki, Glowworm.
Edited By Caw on 1/15/2019 at 4:06 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.