Threads: 29
Posted: 4/19/2018 at 7:58 PM Post #41
Welcome to the club!
Griffinquill
Level 60
Ghost Writer
Threads: 124
Posted: 4/20/2018 at 10:06 PM Post #42
Okay, from what I've read, I believe this is an excellent story. The chapters are very long, and I love that. Your characters, even if I've only read the first two chapters, and you've added more since then, are very rounded and thought out. Blood is certainly a very mysterious creature. Nychta is my favorite, I have to say, because she seems to be well thought out and has a personality different from everybody else's.

I would go through and check your punctuation. I noticed places that you missed punctuation and it made it awkward to read. Also, for some reason my brain wasn't liking the fact that Nychta's parents were being called the "Grand Duke and Duchess". They are the rulers of their country, which would make them king and queen. A grand duke and duchess, however, are usually ruling over a separate state in a large country split into states. So is where Nychta living a state or a country? Also, you might want to mention that Princess Zephyr's family and herself are puffadores. It might seem like it should be obvious, but human brains can be stupid and get confused. Finally, I find it odd that one of Nychta's questions to Blood wasn't what deal the nytekries had with the Griffis. I mean, it could've just slipped her mind, but she asks all these other questions except that one. Blood of course would reply with a "none of your business". But that's just me.
I can't wait to read more of this story. I'll read your other one soon.
Edited By Griffinlokison on 4/20/2018 at 10:08 PM.
Aphelion
Level 75
Fright Master
Threads: 113
Posted: 4/21/2018 at 12:24 AM Post #43
Thank you so much for feedback! ^-^

Could you point out where I went wrong with the punctuation? Sometimes I get too hyped about writing a story and I mess things up.
And yes, Nychta's parents rule over a state, I'm not sure why that isn't clear, but if you could find where you are confused I'll gladly change it.
Also, for the last point, Nychta was in shock after plummeting a couple hundred meters that could have killed her if the ryori hadn't have interfered, and also, she was scared of Blood eating or killing her at the moment, so.
Any suggestions for what happens next?
If you'd like, I could ping you for every chapter I write and you could give me feedback.
Griffinquill
Level 60
Ghost Writer
Threads: 124
Posted: 4/21/2018 at 9:37 AM Post #44
Oh, I understand about getting hyped up. There's only a couple places, like a missed apostrophe in we'll and some comas in places. I'd have to look over it again.
As for the state piece, I don't know why I was confused. I guess it wasn't very clear to me. Other people it might've been super clear. And if Nychta was afraid of Blood eating her, then why ask the other questions?
I have only gotten to the part where somebody is practically yelling "hello" in her face, so....
But I'd love to be pinged for each chapter! ^_^
YureiNeko
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 83
Posted: 4/21/2018 at 4:49 PM Post #45
Hi! I didn't realize this was a thing. c:

Username: yureiNeko
Favorite genre to read: I love horror, but I also like fantasy, science fiction, and thriller
Least favorite genre to read: I don't like reading drama or romance because the stuff i read doesn't always pull it off well, but if someone would like me to help them edit their I'll be glad to help. c:
Favorite genre to write: I write way too much fanfic, so it's usually romance. I write a lot of horror and fantasy too though.
Least favorite genre to write: Drama, though I will write it if the mood catches me

Books/stories you are working on: I have way too many to include links, but most of what I write I never plan to publish. The series I've been working on for years is using the placeholder name "Shattered Fruit" though.
What genre you most frequently write: Romance (Because of all the fanfic c': ), horror, and fantasy.
Give us some information on your writing process!
I usually write constantly for several days and then get really bad writer's block for usually several months. c':
Though I do tend to edit during this time, and that helps me get back to writing.
Any tips for new writers?:
This is more of a tip for all writers, but ALWAYS take constructive criticism. Also don't forget to read over things for spelling and grammar. Also try to avoid more than two commas in a sentence and the use of "and" or similar things in your sentences(I should have specified more, avoid excessive use). Oh! And don't start every sentence the same way, especially if they're in the same paragraph UNLESS it is to emphasize something.

I do have things I'm willing to share if anyone wants to read my work, but uh...I am a bit paranoid so please don't feel bad if I don't show you. I have really bad trust issues and a lot of my writing contains personal details. (Also not all of it is for younger kids, let me know if you are younger so I don't mistakenly give you some of it)
Edited By Yureineko on 4/21/2018 at 4:56 PM.
Grapejuice
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 155
Posted: 4/22/2018 at 11:20 PM Post #46
Username:
Grapejuice

Favorite genre to read:
Realistic Fiction

Least favorite genre to read:
Biographical

Favorite genre to write:
General Fiction

Least favorite genre to write:
Mystery

Books/stories you are working on (you can give links if you want):
Don't have a link for it but Seasons which is about the 4 seasons having imbodiments and what it's like for them. How they see things etc.

What genre you most frequently write:
Sci Fi and Realistic Fantasy

Give us some information on your writing process!
Well first I get an idea. Then I right the basic plot of things. I flesh out characters and the journey I want them to take. Perhaps some major points I have to hit on. Then I, well I write. I never edit until I've vented out my creative spleen.

Any tips for new writers?:
Stay motivated. After a while it can be hard to continue writing but you have to force yourself to write, you'll forget why you didn't want to after you continue writing.
Fengarii
Level 60
Trickster
Posted: 4/23/2018 at 9:28 PM Post #47
Welcome to the club!
Grapejuice
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 155
Posted: 4/23/2018 at 9:35 PM Post #48
Thanks Feng! Also as a side note I started up this contest for writers. If you know anyone in the club who would be interested could you point them that way? I'm hoping that it'll get people some recognition as writers ^^

https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=60031
Ravengard
Level 32
Threads: 30
Posted: 4/23/2018 at 10:32 PM Post #49
Username:
Ravengard
Favorite Genre To Read:
Fiction, Fantasy, Romance, Thriller. You know? Pretty much everything, actually!
Least Favorite Genre To Read:
Non-Fiction, Historical, Biographies
Favorite Genre To Write:
Fiction, Fantasy, Romance
Leaast Favorite Genre To Write:
Everything Else
Books/Stories You Are Working On:
*Counts fingers and toes twenty times over* Uhhh A LOT
What Genre You Most Frequently Write:
Fiction, Fantasy
My Writing Process:
Write a draft.
Print it and scribble and note
Crumple it up and throw it away
Tweak it a bit
Repeat
Smack head on table
Until I finish
Tips For New Writers:
Never give up, write down all your ideas, and follow my writing process! Get people to read your work all the time.
Fengarii
Level 60
Trickster
Posted: 4/24/2018 at 9:46 PM Post #50
Welcome to the club!
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.