Forum Index > Groups, Guilds, Clubs, and Services > The Author Club
Page 2 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Fengarii
Level 60
Trickster
Threads: 29
Posted: 3/31/2018 at 1:12 PM Post #11
So, I finished it. I think that it's got a good plot, and you're good at conveying people's emotions through your writing. I left a few comments with questions for you to answer.
Missyloves
Level 63
Threads: 22
Posted: 3/31/2018 at 1:16 PM Post #12
go nuts that why i got it set to edit
Fengarii
Level 60
Trickster
Posted: 3/31/2018 at 1:16 PM Post #13
Awesome.
Dragongem23
Level 63
The Tender
Threads: 254
Posted: 3/31/2018 at 2:01 PM Post #14
Username
Dragongem23
Favorite genre to read
Non-Fiction,any type i like to write
Least favorite genre to read
Ficton...
Favorite genre to write
so far Sci-fi
Least favorite genre to write
none yet
Books/stories you are working on
Many..most are on wattpad@dragongem23
-Deeper yet Deeper (Subnatica Fanfic)
-Project Aero
-Too Deep
-Celtic Curse
(i've got one i still need a name for)
What genre you most frequently write
Sci-fi
Give us some information on your writing process
1st:dream it
2nd: Come up with characters
3rd: Scribble the whole thing
4th: Friend proofread it
5th:Read it
Any tips for new writers
Always keep a dream journal
18eities
Level 70
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 8
Posted: 3/31/2018 at 3:14 PM Post #15
Username: 18eities
Favorite genre to read: I read a lot, and across genres. I'll just say the "fantasy spectrum", which is broad but nonspecific.
Least favorite genre to read: It's more fair to ask my least favorite, in which case the answer is "mundane earth". I want to read interesting worlds that are new to me- and while earth can be that, it rarely is. Romance is generally not my preference- I can enjoy it, but I will never get as excited over a ship as an interesting world... Excluding when the ship affects the world. ( Say the dark god of Cruelty and the light god of Mercy are in love? What are the consequences for the religions and their divine powers?)
Favorite genre to write: Non-mundane. Other than that, Magic is always fun and lets me diversify combat more than sci-fi would tend to.
Least favorite genre to write: Mundane. LitRPG always gives me trouble because I don't have enough role models for that.

Books/stories you are working on (you can give links if you want): a setting loosely based on Etrian Odyssey which is nearly finished[1], Trying to plan something LitRPG, whatever one-shots pop into my head.
What genre you most frequently write: Magic, Superheroes, Scifi, in that order currently. With the LitRPG it'll shift superheroes down.
Give us some information on your writing process! So, to start with, I plan. For me, this means worldbuilding and, initially, very little more. Once that's done, I invent the villian. Finally, I invent the heroes. This comes with vague backstory but not personalities, those develop naturally from there.
After that, good day writing is a blur of inspiration. Bad day writing is trying to force something out, knowing full well it'll be edited eventually.
Either way, editing comes last- and as I'm not a professional and in no real hurry to try to become one, I edit after giving the work time to "rest". Finish, wait a month or a project's writing phase, then edit.
I can't speak for the quality of this route.
Any tips for new writers?: Honing your skills might be more important than any specific work, so don't worry about "is it a good idea", worry about "am I doing it well" and "How can I do this better".
Figure out what you want to do better and seek out people who do it well. This doesn't have to be the same medium, but find something with a similar flavor to what you want.
Edited By 18eities on 3/31/2018 at 3:33 PM.
Fengarii
Level 60
Trickster
Posted: 3/31/2018 at 3:55 PM Post #16
Awesome! I like how you base some of your stories off of dreams, welcome to the club!
Fengarii
Level 60
Trickster
Posted: 3/31/2018 at 3:59 PM Post #17
Ah, I have mostly the same routine with the writing process. Although, recently it's all 'bad day writing', and almost all of my inspiration comes at night, when I cannot write ;-;. Your writing sounds lovely, I'm looking forward to reading it!

Welcome to the club!
Shibui
Level 70
Nature Walker
Threads: 63
Posted: 3/31/2018 at 5:15 PM Post #18
Username: Pickless

Favorite genre to read: Fantasy/Action/Violence/Realistic/Comedy/Adventure/Crime

Least favorite genre to read: Horror as well as anything Homphobic or Depressing

Favorite genre to write: Fantasy, Romance, Comedy, Drama, Adventure, Slice of Life, Mystery

Least favorite genre to write: Horror, Political, Science Fiction

Books/stories you are working on (you can give links if you want): Two Elves and a Dragon, Rainbow Mauraders, Dainty Mistress Lauha, Finding a way to you, Faith in a Sun Ray

What genre you most frequently write: Fantasy, Adventure, Realistic, Drama, Mystery

Give us some information on your writing process: busy at the moment due to school and handling a few tafe courses in relations to law enforcement and criminal justice, but I have started to write more lately.

Any tips for new writers?: Do not ever give up on a book. If you have writers block or have been discouraged, wait for more ideas to come to you. Once you give up once, you are more likely to give up again and again. Stay gritty and resilient and you are highly likely to succeed. Good luck.

Nice club going on here Fen xD
Edited By Pickless on 4/24/2018 at 11:41 PM.
Fengarii
Level 60
Trickster
Posted: 3/31/2018 at 5:31 PM Post #19
o-o Thank you. Welcome to the club!
Aphelion
Level 75
Fright Master
Threads: 113
Posted: 3/31/2018 at 10:43 PM Post #20
Username: Dragonrider1542
Favorite genre to read: Everything, minus nonfiction
Least favorite genre to read: Nonfiction
Favorite genre to write: Everything (including essays + nonfiction. Ik, I'm weird)
Least favorite genre to write: Nothin' really

Books/stories you are working on (you can give links if you want): We fly on wings of Night and Anamnesis, it would be great if I could get some feedback for the two
What genre you most frequently write: Meh, I'm random.
Give us some information on your writing process! I kinda just write whatever comes to mind, so I don't really do a plot for the entire story. I do plots for specific points in the story, like the ending, but for the spaces in between I just go all out and free write whatever's in my head.
Any tips for new writers?: Yeah! Don't start way too many stories and finish none of them.
Also...
Edited By Dragonrider1542 on 4/1/2018 at 6:50 AM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.