Forum Index > Groups, Guilds, Clubs, and Services > The Author Club
Page 3 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Fengarii
Level 60
Trickster
Threads: 29
Posted: 4/1/2018 at 11:10 AM Post #21
Welcome to the club! I'd be happy to read your stories soon!
Aizar
Level 70
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 35
Posted: 4/3/2018 at 4:13 AM Post #22
<pokes head in shyly>

Well, now, let's see...

Username: Aizar
Favorite genre to read: SciFi, Fantasy, Nonfiction (Science or History)
Least favorite genre to read: Realistic fiction, horror
Favorite genre to write: Fantasy, hands down
Least favorite genre to write: Uhh...do persuasive essays count? Or scientific papers where my professors would frown at my use of plays on words. I'm just a colorful writer, mmkay? :(

Books/stories you are working on:
Maybe it's easier to say what I'm NOT working on :D ...links may be incoming...eventually.
--Lives of the Saints
--The Basilisk and the Mage (May never get finished, tbh...I wrote myself into a corner with the last scene, so it's just kind of..hanging there now. I also started writing it when I was literally 13 years old, so there are some scenes that my older self facepalms at now.)
--Hottest Day of the Year (finished, but just a novella unfortunately)
--Spirit Link (finished? two versions floating around)
--Something Something Memoirs (no title)
--Something Something Wolfheart (also no title)
--Something Something Shadow (also also no title, may eventually get folded into Hottest Day)

Give us some information on your writing process!

My secret is RP. I RP, then I write histories and scenes for my characters, that eventually turn into full-on stories. Sometimes I will also flesh out a self-insert into a book or video game that I love the story of, that then takes on a life of its own. Sometimes, rarely, I will also use inspiration from my dreams, because those things can be pretty darn weird.

Any tips for new writers:
Just write. Then keep all your writings, including the one-off sentences that include a cute play-on-words you thought up at random. You never know when you might be able to recycle it into something better later on. Also, just writing and not judging the process gets you in the groove when you have writer's block.
Edited By Aizar on 4/3/2018 at 4:31 AM.
Catlover51018
Level 39
Threads: 10
Posted: 4/3/2018 at 8:50 AM Post #23
Username: Catlover51018
Favorite genre to read: hmm.... that's tough! I love anything fiction and fantasy. Especially dystopian stories
Least favorite genre to read: Non-fiction and horror (but I like writing horror...) But it really depends on how well crafted the book is. If there isn't a well crafted character, plot, or anything, then it ruins the entire book in my opinion.
Favorite genre to write: ooh! Let's see here.... I LOVE reading and writing dystopian stories! You have no idea! I feel like the opportunities are endless! I also love things with magic and... what else....I guess I kind of like horror now that I am working on a collab with two other people that they dragged me into that is horror....
Least favorite genre to write: .... hmmm..... well I hate writing nonfiction and essays and that sort of thing. Other than that, none I guess so far. I feel like science fiction is HARD to write, but I don't not like it. I also have to say that it is hard for me to write realistic fiction. Books spark my imagination so much, especially writing them, that reading about what we are used to is kind of disappointing and boring in my opinion. Writing about it is sometimes worse, though.

Books/stories you are working on (you can give links if you want): ... I don't think any are ready for the world to see yet. However, I will tell you that I am working on a series that involves animagi (that's the plural form of animagus, right?)
What genre you most frequently write: Fantasy! Really anything and everything, but mainly stuff that revolves around fantasy and dystopian worlds.
Give us some information on your writing process! Well I do a TON of different things, but the main one I am using right now is this. First, I come up with an idea. This normally just happens at the most random times. Then before I do anything else, I scrum. What this is is you make three columns on a piece of paper. In the first column, you write what needs to be done, but don't leave it too broad. In the second, put extra details and ideas. In the third, write a deadline for when you think it should be finished. It's fine if you don't make it, because writers block happens to every one. My tasks in the planning stage are typically things like design character #8 or sketch out Annabelle. Things like that. This way, it makes it more efficient and makes it more difficult to leave anything out in the planning. It also helps you keep track of what you need to do and what has been done. After I do ALL the planning that I believe necessary, I simply start writing, using the thousands of documents and papers I made to assist me.
Any tips for new writers?: Yes, at first, remember this.

It's not about quality, but about quantity.

Quality comes with experience. You ALWAYS can edit later. But the only way to get experience is to write A LOT.

So do this and over time, you will find your voice, your style, and learn from others books and stories for how to make a good quality piece.
Griffinquill
Level 60
Ghost Writer
Threads: 124
Posted: 4/3/2018 at 9:19 AM Post #24
Username: GriffinLokison
Favorite genre to read: fantasy
Least favorite genre to read: It really depends on the plot of the story. I like all genres, really.
Favorite genre to write: fantasy/ medieval times based stories
Least favorite genre to write: sci-fi

Books/stories you are working on (you can give links if you want): Well, I can't link notebooks and I have a lot. I'm working on two series with a friend. Another series with a different friend, then a bunch of other stories on my own. Would you like me to name my favorites at the moment?
What genre you most frequently write: fantasy
Give us some information on your writing process!
Hmmm.... well, when I have an idea, I write it down. I also read a lot of books to stimulate my brain and get my creative juices flowing. I also like to skim through the dictionary to find big vocabulary for me to use. Then when I'm writing, I try to make each character have a different personality, because it can be easy to make them too similar to each other. You don't want that. Also, I roleplay a lot to practice my writing with others. I still struggle with grammar, but it's only little tiny mistakes usually. I always read over my work to see if I missed anything.
Any tips for new writers?:
Keep a journal and just write. It can be about yourself, it can be short stories. But the gateway to strong writing is to write all the time. Also, arm yourself with strong vocabulary and good grammar. You'll need it more than just writing, too. Composition notebooks seem to be the best for writing as the pages won't tear out as easily as spirals. Pen is a good writing utensil, better than pencil even, because when you close your notebook, pen won't smudge and make the words unreadable. I think that's all I've got for now.
Fengarii
Level 60
Trickster
Posted: 4/3/2018 at 7:14 PM Post #25
Welcome to the club!

What did you say about us thirteen year olds?
Fengarii
Level 60
Trickster
Posted: 4/3/2018 at 7:16 PM Post #26
Welcome to the club!
Fengarii
Level 60
Trickster
Posted: 4/3/2018 at 7:18 PM Post #27
Welcome to the club!
Griffinquill
Level 60
Ghost Writer
Threads: 124
Posted: 4/3/2018 at 7:21 PM Post #28
Yay!
Aizar
Level 70
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 35
Posted: 4/9/2018 at 11:21 PM Post #29
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=59445&page=3#25
Author: Fengarii
Time Posted: 4/3/2018 at 7:14 PM
Welcome to the club!

What did you say about us thirteen year olds?

You saw nothing. .... :D

I mean, I think I recall a sword in there that was glowy blue and red for no particular reason, and so incredibly ornate that if someone were to actually wield it it would probably fall out of their hands at the first swing.

Then there was the part where some character was preaching about how armies shouldn't have to obey orders--because, erm, yeah, that works well. (Not.)

Oh, yeah, and then this whole plot about finding a wizard in the middle of the icy lands because he was going to MOOHAHAHA DESTROY THE WORLD or something poorly thought through like that...and the rest of the book had literally nothing to do with said wizard. He appeared just because at the end to cackle evilly.

And, um...

Yeah...

Let's just say I've gotten much better in my writing since then :D
Edited By Aizar on 4/9/2018 at 11:39 PM.
Dracornpotato
Level 68
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 39
Posted: 4/14/2018 at 6:13 PM Post #30
Yay! An Author Club!

Username: DracornPotato

Favorite genre to read: Science Fiction/ Historical Fiction

Least favorite genre to read: Mystery

Favorite genre to write: Fantasy

Least favorite genre to write: Science Fiction

Books/stories you are working on (you can give links if you want): ((heh, I have a VERY long list)): Flame Wing, Fae, Horse Heart, Strike Arrow, The Amazing World of Books, The Dark Side of Fire, The Elementals, The Elves of Sparkgrovhs, The Hybriden, The Labyrinth, War Song, Golden Rain(That one is actually finished), Warrior, A Picture Can Say A Thousand Words, There's A Place, Alexa Moon, Odyssey, Gray Wing, The Split Side, Black Fang, and the Chronicals of Time.

What genre you most frequently write: Fantasy

Give us some information on your writing process: I always add little tidbits of stuff that happened to me in real life that no one would eve be able to guess were related, and I usually come up with ideas at the most random times. The problem with my writing is that I can't make everything fall into place. I don't know how to make everything begin. I usually have the middle or the end figured out.

Any tips for new writers?: Don't stop or second guess yourself.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.