Ghost Writer
Threads: 7
Posted: 10/30/2018 at 8:53 PM Post #61
Laurelley
Level 69
Ghost Writer
Posted: 11/25/2018 at 11:44 AM Post #62
The door to the throne room burst open, and a guard came running in.

"Your Majesty! The princess is on the drawbridge and--"

The king immediately jumped to his feet shouting for the guards, and ran out the door.
Laurelley
Level 69
Ghost Writer
Posted: 2/17/2019 at 11:02 AM Post #63
what do you guys think about this video?
any idea why I decided to share it?
Laurelley
Level 69
Ghost Writer
Posted: 4/20/2019 at 3:10 PM Post #64
Heh, a full year. Why doesn't it feel that long?

Anyway, somebody posted this for Good Friday, and I know it's late, but here
Laurelley
Level 69
Ghost Writer
Posted: 6/9/2019 at 11:37 AM Post #65
I believe in one God, the Father almighty
Creator of Heaven and earth
And in Jesus Christ, his only Son our Lord
who was conceived of the Holy Spirit,
Born of the virgin Mary,
Suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, died, and was buried.
He descended into hell, and on the third day
He rose again from the dead.
He ascended into heaven, and is seated
at the right hand of God, the Father almighty,
From thence He shall come to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the Holy Catholic Church,
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the Resurrection of the body,
and in life everlasting.
AMEN.
Laurelley
Level 69
Ghost Writer
Posted: 7/7/2019 at 7:54 PM Post #66
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=59230&page=7#62
Author: Laurelley
Time Posted: 11/25/2018 at 11:44 AM
The door to the throne room burst open, and a guard came running in.

"Your Majesty! The princess is on the drawbridge and--"

The king immediately jumped to his feet shouting for the guards, and ran out the door.

By the time he arrived at the gate, however, it was too late. As he ran towards his beloved child, he watched as she looked curiously up at the man who hated him the most: the one who once bore the title Lucifer.

"No!" He shouted, the sound ripped from his heart, but it was too late. His nephew turned his head briefly to smile cruelly at him, and then pulled the princess with him as he jumped into a car, which immediately took off at top speed.

"After that car!" the King ordered, his throat closing in terror. He knew, even as he gave the order, that they would not be able to find it again until it was already much too late. Now that his nephew, who had gained the title Beelzebub (lord of flies) after his exile, had the princess, he would convince her that she wanted to stay with him. It would be years before he could send a rescuer to her aid, but even as he faced that truth, he swore to himself that she would be rescued.

"Hang on, daughter," he murmured to himself, somehow sure she would know his words, "I promise, no matter what, I will send someone to save you."
Laurelley
Level 69
Ghost Writer
Posted: 7/12/2019 at 2:33 PM Post #67
Hey, I'm nobody.

You can ignore me if you want.

But I know someone who was a nobody for the first 30 years of his life. Look at what he left behind.
Laurelley
Level 69
Ghost Writer
Posted: 7/14/2019 at 2:04 PM Post #68
"Do you not know?

Have you not heard?

Has it not been told to you from the beginning?

Have you not understood since the earth was founded?

The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth.

He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom."

-Isaiah 40:21&28 NIV
Laurelley
Level 69
Ghost Writer
Posted: 8/12/2019 at 9:18 PM Post #69
"If we say, We have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us." 1 John 1:10
"If we say, We are without sin, we deceive ourselves,* and the truth is not in us.
If we acknowledge our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive our sins and cleanse us from every wrongdoing." 1 John 1:8-9
"My children,* I am writing this to you so that you may not commit sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous one." 1 John 2:1
"Whoever says, I know him, but does not keep his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him." 1 John 2:4
"And now, children, remain in him, so that when he appears we may have confidence and not be put to shame by him at his coming." 1 John 2:28
"Everyone who commits sin commits lawlessness, for sin is lawlessness." 1 John 3:4
"Whoever sins belongs to the devil, because the devil has sinned from the beginning. Indeed, the Son of God was revealed to destroy the works of the devil." 1 John 3:8
"The way we came to know love was that he laid down his life for us; so we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers." 1 John 3:16
"If someone who has worldly means sees a brother in need and refuses him compassion, how can the love of God remain in him?" 1 John 3:17
"Beloved, do not trust every spirit but test the spirits to see whether they belong to God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world." 1 John 4:1
"If anyone sees his brother sinning, if the sin is not deadly, he should pray to God and he will give him life. This is only for those whose sin is not deadly. There is such a thing as deadly sin, about which I do not say that you should pray.
All wrongdoing is sin, but there is sin that is not deadly." 1 John 5: 16-17
"Be doers of the word and not hearers only, deluding yourselves.
For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man who looks at his own face in a mirror.
He sees himself, then goes off and promptly forgets what he looked like.
But the one who peers into the perfect law* of freedom and perseveres, and is not a hearer who forgets but a doer who acts, such a one shall be blessed in what he does." James 1:22-25
also: "'I am the living bread that came down from heaven; whoever eats this bread will live forever; and the bread that I will give is my flesh for the life of the world.'" John 6:51
"Jesus said to them, Amen, amen, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you do not have life within you.
Whoever eats* my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him on the last day.'" John 6:53-54
Laurelley
Level 69
Ghost Writer
Posted: 8/18/2019 at 1:46 PM Post #70
Onward Christian Soldiers

Martin Luther: split off from the Catholic Church to create his own, took the motto of "sola fide, sola scriptura" or "faith alone, scripture alone."

St. James: "What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him? If a brother or sister has nothing to wear and has no food for the day, and one of you says to them, Go in peace, keep warm, and eat well, but you do not give them the necessities of the body, what good is it?

So also faith of itself, if it does not have works, is dead. Indeed someone may say, You have faith and I have works. Demonstrate your faith to me without works, and I will demonstrate my faith to you from my works.

You believe that God is one. You do well. Even the demons believe that and tremble.

Do you want proof, you ignoramus, that faith without works is useless? Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered his son Isaac upon the altar? You see that faith was active along with his works, and faith was completed by the works." James 2:14-22

Martin Luther: do we really need this pile of straw* in our Bible?

*"a pile of straw" was a polite way to call something a pile of s**t in Martin Luther's time.
Edited By Laurelley on 8/18/2019 at 1:48 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.