Forum Index > Off-Topic Discussion > A new Rome
Page 2 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Olcwolf
Level 60
Trickster
Threads: 83
Posted: 4/3/2018 at 8:25 PM Post #11
I have always wondered about the God creating the world and putting us here to evolve on our own but it seems whenever I bring it up I'm instantly shut down about it because everyone seems to find that idea completely absurd.
Laurelley
Level 69
Ghost Writer
Threads: 7
Posted: 4/4/2018 at 6:42 PM Post #12
Again, who said it's on our own? It may look completely independent, but the truth is that we are completely and entirely dependent on God just to exist, let alone change.

okay, so on to the past life thing. I asked my mom (who is going through deacon formation with my dad), my theology teacher, and looked in the Catechism. Altogether, I think I can answer that, but that kind of depends on what you mean by "past life experience". First the Catechism, because that is just for the topic overall.

"Death is the end of man's earthly pilgrimage, of the time of grace and mercy which God offers him so as to work out his earthly life in keeping with the divine plan, and to decide his ultimate destiny. When 'the single course of our earthly life' is completed, (LG 48 [weird symbol that looks like two s's on top of each other here] 3), we shall not return to other earthly lives: 'It is appointed for men to die once.' (Heb 9:27) There is no 'reincarnation' after death." CCC paragraph 1013

okay, now, since we have established that they didn't actually live those lives themselves, what kind of past life experiences are you talking about? 'Cause that is what really says which of the two possibilities of sources are. And neither of the ones I got from from my mom or teacher involves possession, so that probably isn't a likely cause.
Olcwolf
Level 60
Trickster
Posted: 4/4/2018 at 7:21 PM Post #13
All I meant by past lives is like the little kids who remember in vivid detail who they were before they were born again. Like some people remember how they passed away and remember details of how they died or even where they died.
Laurelley
Level 69
Ghost Writer
Posted: 4/5/2018 at 9:05 PM Post #14
Nobody knows that one.
Correction, only those in heaven know it for sure.

It could be a very vivid vision, or even a nightmare or something. It isn't necessarily something that actually happened to them, personally. My mom is over fifty, and has received visions before, and she says that she thinks it would probably be even easier for a young child to receive them. We may not understand the time or place, but there is always a plan.

Other option: nightmare/imagination. Little kids have huge imaginations, and it might be a particularly vivid dream that they were able to remember. That doesn't factor out the vision possibility, but it might also be nothing. I remember that one time when I must have been around four I had this dream of a dinosaur chasing me through a museum, and it felt really real. I wasn't able to sleep for a couple hours, it scared me so badly.

Again, that answer has no overall answer. It may be that some of them are visions, others nightmares, and others made up to attract attention. We don't know until we get to heaven, and can ask God ourselves. One thing is clear, though. They didn't actually live a life before this one. There is no reincarnation. I mean, who'd want to leave heaven once you got there?
Olcwolf
Level 60
Trickster
Posted: 4/5/2018 at 9:12 PM Post #15
That's fair. I suppose I was just curious. Thank you for helping me understand. Well enlightening me I suppose.
Laurelley
Level 69
Ghost Writer
Posted: 4/6/2018 at 7:22 PM Post #16
You are very welcome. That's why I made the thread, so Catholics wouldn't be so mysterious and people could find out what we actually believe. And also so if there are any others on Sylestia we could just talk about stuff.

Any way, check out this Dynamite parody! It is definitely my favorite version of the song.
Laurelley
Level 69
Ghost Writer
Posted: 4/11/2018 at 8:57 PM Post #17
Laurelley
Level 69
Ghost Writer
Posted: 4/24/2018 at 8:41 PM Post #18
The devil loves the sacrifice of innocents.

If we are what we are because of prayer, and even our ancestors would pray, I'd like to ask for prayers for Alfie Evans right now. The link leads to more information on his situation, or you could google his name.

Please, everybody, pray that he doesn't become another Charlie Gard. (and you can google that too)
Griffinquill
Level 60
Ghost Writer
Threads: 124
Posted: 4/25/2018 at 6:31 PM Post #19
What's the difference between Christianity and Catholicism?
Dragonnadder
Level 71
Nature Walker
Threads: 32
Posted: 4/25/2018 at 6:43 PM Post #20
I believe Catholicism is a branch of Christianity.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.