Forum Index > Off-Topic Discussion > A new Rome
Page 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Laurelley
Level 69
Ghost Writer
Threads: 7
Posted: 8/26/2018 at 2:58 PM Post #51
And next question, what do you think the Catholic church stands FOR?
Laurelley
Level 69
Ghost Writer
Posted: 9/5/2018 at 7:27 PM Post #52
So, new offer: you can ping me anytime with questions, arguments, wonderings, just whatever you want to ask/tell me. you can ask what my life as a Catholic is like, or why we... say... believe that Jesus is all God and all Man. Although I wouldn't be able to explain that last one 'cause I still find the concept difficult to understand myself. Anything you want. If you want an immediate response, please check that I am online to see that I have been pinged so that you can get your answer.

So, Ping a New Rome, going live, right now.
Laurelley
Level 69
Ghost Writer
Posted: 9/8/2018 at 9:15 PM Post #53
I just saw God's not dead 3: a light in the darkness. Has anybody else here? It's on amazon Prime if you want to. What do you think of it? I'm not sure my eyes dried at all after maybe the first ten minutes.
Squarebug
Level 75
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 51
Posted: 9/9/2018 at 7:36 AM Post #54
I attend a Christian school, and all my teachers have quite strong views on different topics and they like go off on long rants, so Ive got a lot of different peoples opinions in my head from all the different smaller branches of Christianity. I was wondering what your opinion was though.
I have a few questions, I hope they dont sound rude. I generally just want to know your opinion.
- - -
First off, from what you know do you miss any parts of the bible out, or skim over important things?
- - -
Whats your view on the seventh day?
- - -
Also, evolution. Can you give me some proof? I feel like trying to start a debate.
- - -
One last question, who do you think you should prey too?
Edited By Smolblu on 9/9/2018 at 8:09 AM.
Laurelley
Level 69
Ghost Writer
Posted: 9/9/2018 at 2:10 PM Post #55
Feel free to ask rude questions, if you don't ask your rude questions, you won't get your answers, and that helps nobody except Wormwood.
---
First off, your first question is kind of confusing. Think you can explain it a little more?
---
so, I may not exactly answer this question, but seven was considered a perfect number in ancient times. That is why it was the Sabbath, the Holy Day. Catholics acknowledge that, but we observe another Holy Day of rest: the seven-plus-one SUPER perfect day on which Jesus rose: Sunday. We observe Sunday as our Sabbath in honor of Christ's rising Easter Sunday. So, the seventh day is good, the seven-plus-one day is a little better. or at least that's my understanding.
---
I can't give you any proof on evolution, all I know is that it's possible to believe in both creation and evolution, and that is the position the Church holds. I'm pretty sure. Feel free to start a debate, invite people you think would enjoy it. Debating and discussing this stuff was my original purpose for this thread.
---
We should PREY on nobody, but as I'm pretty sure that was a typo and you meant PRAY, I will answer that question too. This is kind of a loaded question, as I learned recently that those who aren't Catholic believe prayer is worship. We worship only God, but prayer is not itself worship. It is a way to develop a relationship with God and speak to him, but it's not worship. Worship, from the earliest, was not just prayer. It was a sacrifice. Mass is our worship, and we offer it only to God. Because Mary and the saints are in heaven with God we pray to them to intercede for us, same as we'd ask other people to pray for us. There's no right or wrong way to pray, but it is not blasphemy to pray to Mary or the saints.
Laurelley
Level 69
Ghost Writer
Posted: 9/23/2018 at 1:17 PM Post #56
Today's guess where it's from & who it's about quote is:
"The wicked say:
Let us beset the just one, because he is obnoxious to us;
he sets himself against our doings,
reproaches us for transgressions of the law
and charges us with violations of our training.
Let us see whether his words be true;
let us find out what will happen to him.
For if the just one be the son of God, God will defend him
and deliver him from the hand of his foes.
With revilement and torture let us put the just one to the test
that we may have proof of his gentleness
and try his patience.
Let us condemn him to a shameful death;
for according to his own words, God will take care of him."
your one hint is that it's from the Bible.
Laurelley
Level 69
Ghost Writer
Posted: 10/7/2018 at 2:23 PM Post #57
testing, testing, one two three. Is this thing on?
Laurelley
Level 69
Ghost Writer
Posted: 10/14/2018 at 9:02 PM Post #58
Laurelley
Level 69
Ghost Writer
Posted: 10/19/2018 at 9:00 PM Post #59
Let's try something new.

Once upon a time, in the land all such tales seem to claim as their own, lived a king.

His people could not wish for a better king, for he was fair, just, and benevolent. For many years he reigned over his kingdom, and all was peaceful. Then, one of his nephews staged a revolt with the intention of seizing the crown for himself. Lucifer, the king's nephew, gathered almost a third of the king's army and marched to the palace to try to kill the king, but he was defeated by Michael, one of the captains of the royal guard. Escaping with his life and a large part of his followers, Lucifer retreated to the countryside and began inciting the people against their king in preparation for the day he would march again, with a bigger army.
Laurelley
Level 69
Ghost Writer
Posted: 10/21/2018 at 8:58 PM Post #60
Now, the king had a young daughter, and Lucifer knew that if he was to depose the king he would first have to separate the princess from her loving father. It took him days of careful planning, but at last everything was in place for him to trick the princess into leaving her safe haven.

See, the king doted on his young daughter, so much so that the one thing he had forbidden her was leaving the palace grounds on her own. "You see, my darling," he explained gently, " it would just be too dangerous for you to leave on your own. Lucifer would do anything to harm me in any way he could, and he knows you are precious to me. He can't breach the palace, but as soon as you step outside he would kidnap you."

One day, as the princess was playing next to one of the outer walls, Lucifer put his plan into action. He snuck one of the soldiers who had joined him, a strong man with a large build, inside the wall past the guards at one of the many gates. Once he was inside, the man approached the princess and proceeded to exclaim in apparent surprise at the fact that she was allowed outside of her tower, for he had heard she never left the castle at all, let alone the tower containing her chambers. Confused, the little princess shook her head and explained in a way that implied she considered him the confused one that of course she could go anywhere she wished within the castle grounds. She simply could not leave them, because if she did Lucifer would kidnap her. The man snorted in derision and told her that Lucifer had better things to do than stand outside the castle gates waiting to kidnap her. After saying this he snuck away again, to leave the young princess to consider what he had said.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.