Players 2,396 356
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,245,334 1,278
Generated 656,251 10
Captured 1,190,576 46
Bred 6,398,412 1,222
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Games, Contests, and Giveaways > The Joy of Designing: A Pet Design Conte...
Page 21 1, 2, 3... 20, 21, 22 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Mikazukichan
Level 75
The Artistic
Threads: 313
Posted: 2/27/2018 at 8:24 PM Post #201
First of all, congrats to everyone else that made it to the top 25 ^.^

Second, if it's not inherent in being in the top 25, I'd like to be pinged for voting threads.

Thirdly, I'd love to post my designs from the app~ I'm not posting the written parts because.... I wrote a lot XD For those interested, I'm considering making my original design and my recolour a sylesti design into projects.

1. Original Design: Waiting for Spring Zolnixis

2. Original / Recolour

3. Tweak a Theme: Winter's Morning Lighira (Original / Tweaked)

Aamore
Level 70
Wondrous Witch
Threads: 66
Posted: 2/27/2018 at 8:46 PM Post #202

Yes! I am so thrilled that I made it!!! I can't wait to continue these wonderful contest!

~~~

Here are the entries that I entered for the applications. ^ ^

Design One - Saint Patrick's Bouquet

Reference

Strengths
The contrast from the dark shades of green to the lighter ones helps give a point of focus on the facial features of the Puffadore. In contrast to the creamy yellow on the petals and the swirls along the design are allowed to stand out in their own manner against the dark browns.

Weaknesses
The colours somewhat mush up together in the middle of the design. With the bright shades of green mixing with the creamy yellow no colour is really allowed to stand out at that section of the piece. Adding to this, while the C2 brown looks nice in the overall designs the tip shading on the swirled tuft of fur lining the Puffadore's legs looks somewhat off.

~~~

Design Two - ( Original/New )
Original | New
https://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=1806014

~~~

Design Three - Spring Sky Lighira
( Original/New )

Changes
I changed the shades of blues that were placed on this theme from the aquamarine to an original baby blue. By brightening up the lavender hue on the wings to a lighter shade of sky blue the colours set way for more of a fade into the darker shades of the feathers. I also brightened up the shades of lemon yellow on the M1 and M2 traits. I think that by adding a more blended tone to the entire design makes it flow better with what it is titled for, a spring sky.
Fiolei
Level 75
Fancy Pants
Threads: 71
Posted: 2/27/2018 at 8:50 PM Post #203
I can't believe I made the top 25 with such talent out there! Gosh it's exciting! Congrats to everyone.

As Mika said if it is not inherent to being one of the 25 I would like to be pinged for voting please.

I am also going to include my designs that I submitted, just not so much of the written, there was quite a bit. Thanks again!

Design 1: Dazzling Gemstone Qitari

Design 2: origina/recolor

Design 3: theme revamp
Cerulean Faelora (original/revamped)
Edited By Fiolei on 2/27/2018 at 8:52 PM.
Shibui
Level 70
Nature Walker
Threads: 63
Posted: 2/27/2018 at 8:58 PM Post #204
My complete Application:

Username: Pickless

Design 1: Create a new personal design with any number of traits which you feel reflects your design skills, list what you think the strengths and weaknesses of the design are - its important to know where youd like to improve. Please include a male and female, a name for the design, and any references you may have used!

Floras Majesty Griffi

References: Various images of forests, bushes etc. Particularly this one:

Weaknesses:
Too much green used
The wings do not collaborate as well as I thought they would with the design

Strengths:
The different shades of green combine evenly to look natural and refined
The traits used go well together and reflect the design theme quite well

Design 2: Find an already existing pet you do not own that has 3 to 6 visible traits carries dont matter. Create a potential dye plan for the pet. Please provide a link to the pet and what the final dye product would look like!

Original Pet:

https://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=3524946

Dye Plan: Wilting Rose Vulnyx

Design 3: Take any existing theme design analyze and then modify it. (List what you modified and why you felt this change was necessary.) Please list a before and after picture any number of traits is allowed but use the same traits in both pictures!

Emperors Fortune Morrko Before:

After:

Changes: I made the yellow colours more gold-like to resemble the metal and changed c2 and c3 to a silvery colour since I thought there was then too much yellow. I made c1 quite a bit darker with a black/brownish colour which made the yellow more vibrant. Lastly, I changed m1 and m3 to he same silvery colours as c2 and 3 as the dark grey blended poorly with gold/yellow colours.
Galaxyrose
Level 66
Cutely Creative
Threads: 54
Posted: 2/28/2018 at 3:18 AM Post #205
First of all, congratulations all who made it into top 25!
Im not even sure how I made it in, with all those pros and me a beginning designer :P

Second, like Mika said, Id like to be pinged for the voting threads.

Thirdly, here are my designs (I know the recolor Lunemara looks a bit wonky! xD)
I am making my first design into a project, but its missing the green stripes :3

Design 1:

Spring Angel Puffadore

Inspiration: The colors of spring

Strengths: The colors I used balanced in very well, with no colors "Popping", but the use of contrasting colors (Pink and green) and a deeper pink shading on the wings give the design more life. The use of flower vines and flower crown and spring appropriate colors makes the design appropriate for it's name, spring guardian.

Weaknesses: Although I used balancing colors, some of the traits dont stick out very well. The leaf veins, for example, cannot be distinguished very well and seem to blend in with the rest of the puffadore. I could have shaded it darker to make it more life-like. Also, the pinks I used for the puffadore's body and wing tips were a bit too pale and making it darker could give the design more shading.

Design 2:
Original: https://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=3347356

Dye plan:

Design 3:
Solar Eclipse Faelora

I kept the same vibrant orange for the faelora's body, but I made both the vine flowers and the petals around the faelora's neck to add some more depth and shading to the sylesti. I also lightened up the belly color to a warmer brown color to add warmth and "harmonic contrast" to the theme. This modified theme now has more life and harmony than the original.
Edited By Galaxyrose on 2/28/2018 at 3:19 AM.
Starline
Level 71
Cutely Creative
Threads: 97
Posted: 2/28/2018 at 6:26 AM Post #206
I do love the changes you did on that themed, also I would like to be added to the ping list of the next contest and voting threads.
Aphelion
Level 75
Fright Master
Threads: 113
Posted: 2/28/2018 at 8:01 AM Post #207
Hey! ^-^
Sorry to bother you, but if you could, ping me when the first round for designs starts, and also the voting :] Thank you if you do!
Shayni
Level 63
Trickster
Threads: 164
Posted: 2/28/2018 at 8:13 AM Post #208
Not sure if I have to ask- but may I be pinged for both voting and the next round?
Hakura0
Level 69
Trickster
Threads: 22
Posted: 2/28/2018 at 8:44 AM Post #209
Congratulations to everyone! I'm really glad to be moving forward with you.

Here are my designs, minus the explanations since I'm a little self-conscious yet. :P

Design 1: Sunset Chaser NyVene

Design 2: Original/Dye Plan

Design 3: Woodland Wanderer Ryori (Original/Updated)

Annoyed
Level 70
Scout
Threads: 48
Posted: 2/28/2018 at 2:48 PM Post #210
SCREEEEM I made it!?! Anyway's congrats to the other 24 applicants and good luck! I hope everyone who tried had a fun time even if they didn't get in.

This was my application

Design 1: Abyssal Kelpari

Strength's: I started from the semi-randomly chosen mutation of Lumnious Mane and built off that, The colors have a nice overall contrast showing the glow effect, and ummm it's glowy?
Weakness's: Very similar colors-not much variation, the darker aqua in m2 Monarch dull the effectiveness of the overall glow, also the g1 Butterfly Fairy Stripes aren't super visible because it was used as the blue highlight on the muzzle

Design 2: Uno's Recolor

Design 3:Harvestmoon Ny'vene

Changes: I made the colors darker because the original seemed muted/faded, I looked up harvest moon for reference which is why the oranges are darker for accuaracy and the blues were made darker for contrast/ to show it was more nightime than day
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 20, 21, 22
This Page loaded in 0.014 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.