Players 2,396 356
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,245,334 1,278
Generated 656,251 10
Captured 1,190,576 46
Bred 6,398,412 1,222
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Games, Contests, and Giveaways > The Joy of Designing: A Pet Design Conte...
Page 22 1, 2, 3... 20, 21, 22 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Dinnerbone
Level 75
The Artistic
Threads: 40
Posted: 2/28/2018 at 8:03 PM Post #211
Hello Yes, and I'd love to be on the ping list for when the next design round starts, and when the voting starts! And also for the workshops?

I'm not 100% sure I understand how this works, but we'll see.
From what I understand, I have until 3/4- 3/11 to submit designs, week of voting, and then week of designs.. voting.. designs. Right?
Dinnerbone
Level 75
The Artistic
Threads: 40
Posted: 2/28/2018 at 8:08 PM Post #212
yay! congrats to everyone who made it to top 25

Here are my submissions:

My own Original design!:

before: After:
https://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=3386702

Before: After:
Darkblood
Level 42
Stocking Stuffer
Threads: 73
Posted: 3/1/2018 at 7:54 AM Post #213
thanks
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 293
Posted: 3/1/2018 at 6:44 PM Post #214
Here's mine! Also congrats to everyone else who made it too top 25!

Username: Livinginmyownreality
Design 1: Create a new personal design with any number of traits which you feel reflects your design skills, list what you think the strengths and weaknesses of the design are - its important to know where youd like to improve. Please include a male and female, a name for the design, and any references you may have used!
Tanzanite Ryori

Strengths:
It has a p good color scheme and the traits are well picked.

Weaknesses:
Some of the genes seem a little out of place and flashy compared to the overall design.

Reference

Design 2: Find an already existing pet you do not own that has 3 to 6 visible traits carries dont matter. Create a potential dye plan for the pet. Please provide a link to the pet and what the final dye product would look like!
>

Design 3: Take any existing theme design analyze and then modify it. (List what you modified and why you felt this change was necessary.) Please list a before and after picture any number of traits is allowed but use the same traits in both pictures!
Cheeky Chesnut Ferriki
Before:

After:

1. Changed G1 Color
The Original color seemed to dark and almost hid the gene. I lightened it up a bit to make it more noticeable. I also drew them more into the red tones to add to the aesthetic.

2. Changed C1 Color
I felt as though the color was a tad bit to dark and plain in my opinion. I lightened it up and brought it more into a red shade.

3. Changed C2 Color
To go with the change i made to C1 i lightened this color very much to make it flow more smoothly.
Queenie
Level 69
The Perfectionist
Threads: 26
Posted: 3/1/2018 at 8:50 PM Post #215
Hi i would like to apply
Queenie
Level 69
The Perfectionist
Threads: 26
Posted: 3/1/2018 at 9:47 PM Post #216
So here is my original!

Sun-Kissed Dawn Vulnyx

Refrence picture: https://shawglobalnews.files.wordpress.com/2017/12/stacey-chopper.jpg?quality=70&strip=all&w=720&h=423&crop=1

I enjoy how I made the genes on my Vulnyx overlap and intertwine with each other making it look like the different layers of colour on a real sunrise. My pink, orange and yellow colours represent the first touches of the sun rays and the blue represents the still faint touches of the passing night.

What I think I could have done better was maybe ajust the pink and blue translucent flowers so that they complemented the other colours a bit more.

Here is the Original/New!

https://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=685376

Original

VS

New

Change the colours on a themed pet!

Original

VS

New

I made the colours a bit more vibrant to give some of the other colours more of a pop. I also made the orange a bit lighter to match the lighter purple.
Cornbeansoup
Level 70
The Tender
Threads: 31
Posted: 3/2/2018 at 12:43 AM Post #217
Id love to be pinged for pretty much everything. XD
Also the description on whats going on is.... really confusing.... but hey. Ill figure it out. XD
Cornbeansoup
Level 70
The Tender
Threads: 31
Posted: 3/2/2018 at 12:46 AM Post #218
I had zero confidence that I would even come close to ending up on that list. O.O
BUT OML!!! Congrats to everyone! :D
And since Im seeing alot of people posting their entries to the public, I thought I might do it as well. XD
(100% LOVEEEE everyones deigns! Omg *dies form beauty overload*)

Username: Cornbeansoup

Design 1: Battling the darkness (Ryori)

References: Just my personal downfalls and hatred towards myself. Trying to fight for what I want in life instead of just giving up all together. Basically a vent.

Strengths:
I think using minimal colors makes it more pleasing to the eye and recognizable. Too many colors, neons, or clashing would be extremely confusing and eye burning, making it hard to look at.
Im also glad I decided to step outside of my comfort zone and try out a species that was unfamiliar to me. Giving me more confidence on what I can achieve. I feel a little more better about myself now completing this design.

Weaknesses: I wish I would take more time to experiment with different color palettes instead of using what I already know looks good, making my designs look similar or like I have no sence of creativity.
And to stop bashing myself when things dont work out the way I wnat them to. Overall, maybe having more confidence in myself and listening to the ones I love who say what I create is more beautiful than what I give myself credit for.

Design 2: (Original/New)

Link to Original Pet https://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=3313174

Design 3: Aster Luffox (Original/New)

Changes: (ended up (accidentally) doing the exact same thing in the example. So hope you dont mind that I just copied what was already siad and edited some words XD) I have made the purples more vibrant as well as lighter and darker in order to provide more contrast. I swapped the darker and neon yellows to more of a pastel. I then added a bit of white to add an additional accent and give it more contrast.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 20, 21, 22
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.