Players 2,396 356
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,245,334 1,278
Generated 656,251 10
Captured 1,190,576 46
Bred 6,398,412 1,222
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Games, Contests, and Giveaways > The Joy of Designing: A Pet Design Conte...
Page 20 1, 2, 3... 19, 20, 21, 22 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
BobRoss
Level 61
Fancy Pants
Threads: 102
Posted: 2/27/2018 at 6:11 PM Post #191
Hello everyone! I am sure you're eager to know the results of the top 25 for our contest, but before we get to that we have just a couple general house keeping things. Even if you don't make it, please read the workshops bit! (:

Firstly! More details about how this contest will be run!

The first round will kick off this Sunday (3/4). You will have until next Sunday (3/11) at 11:59pm to submit designs for the round once it is posted. The week after will be just for voting. But! I will release the prompt or theme for the next round at the start of the voting thread so you have around two weeks to work on your designs. However, this means there is potential for you to work on these designs early, but be eliminated via the voting round.

Voting - please do not reveal your designs to anyone until voting is over! Revealing your designs or getting your friends to vote for your design set will result in an automatic elimination. This means don't submit these designs in other contest and please don't submit them publicly on the generator! Everyone will receive 3 votes. You may vote for three different designs/design sets. You may not put all three votes on one set, but you may elect to vote for less than 3. All applicants are allowed to vote, but! You may note vote for your own design. I will know who's design belongs to who - so no sneaky stuff. :P Please let me know if you'd like to be pinged for the voting threads!

Late Submissions - I understand life happens and things get in the way! What I have decided to do is allow submissions past the deadline through the voting week, but! The voting thread will be up within 24 hours of the submission deadline. If you submit past that time, you risk losing out on votes because the voting thread will still be going up on time. I.E. If you submit late - the voting still goes up, but your submissions will be added to it later. Thus, some people may have already voted.

Early submissions - meaning you submit up to 24 hours before the deadline - I will happily give you feedback on and allow you a resubmission as long as it is still in before the deadline. You may not ask for advice and then submit the revised designs past the deadline. Your original set will be used

Workshops - I will be hosting a workshop during each voting week. These workshops are designed to help you learn some fun tips and tricks about designing as well as give back to the community some as well. People in the contest and out of the contest are welcome to participate in these workshops! Those from our contest who participate will be awarded an extra vote for the next round. I will specify which round it applies to in the workshop description to eliminate confusion

Round Themes: I will detail around 3 designs that fall into a theme for each week. It will be less writing intensive than the application though - perhaps a couple sentences here and there, And speaking of round themes. I am not releasing the specifics of the designs yet - but start thinking mythology.

Now for the results!

All designs were graded on a scale of 1-10. The design scores were then averaged to give final scores. Our top 25 scores ranged from 6.5-9.92. If you'd like feedback on your designs, you are welcome to send me a PM before the release of the first official round. These are not in the order of scores - but here are our top 25. I want to say all these designs were amazing! And I am so excited to have had the opportunity to go through them. A big congrats to:

AliceHearts
Cornbeansoup
Destinyflight
Dinnerbone
Dragonrider1542
Ebonyflicker
Fiolei
Fox
Frelioan
Galaxyrose
Godiva
Hakura0
Ley
LivingInMyOwnReality
Lonefox
Mikazukichan
Pickless
Shardial
Shayni
Spicybb
Squigles
Starline
Starmy
Tori
Xiaoyao8

If any of you feel like you don't have the time to commit to the contest, please let me know - I do have an alternate lined up in case. You are now all free to publicly display your designs whether you want to post them to this thread or elsewhere or even make them projects. I will not being posting the individual apps publicly.
BobRoss
Level 61
Fancy Pants
Posted: 2/27/2018 at 6:12 PM Post #192
Please see the above post!
BobRoss
Level 61
Fancy Pants
Posted: 2/27/2018 at 6:12 PM Post #193
Please see the above post!
Moderation Team
Level 9001
Protector of the Forums
Site Moderator
Posted: 2/27/2018 at 6:17 PM Post #194
This post has been deleted.
Dragongem23
Level 63
The Tender
Threads: 254
Posted: 2/27/2018 at 6:17 PM Post #195

My entries kinda just wanted to post it!

Design 1: Royal Nova

What i did well on:I think i blended the Blue and purple together well,and accented it well with the Gold
Weaknesses:I feel as if a lot of the accents cover up the blending

Design 2: Orginal/New

https://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=2885474

Design 3: Irish Luck Puffador

I feel as if it was really orange so i goldened it up a bit....
BobRoss
Level 61
Fancy Pants
Posted: 2/27/2018 at 6:25 PM Post #196
Moderators were all assigned a different moderator and all the apps I received were totally nameless that way I could remove bias. (: If you double check the full moderator list - not all moderators are in the final 25.
Starline
Level 71
Cutely Creative
Threads: 97
Posted: 2/27/2018 at 6:38 PM Post #197
my application for viewing
Design 1:
Bumblebee Sylvorpa

Strengths are good contrast, the weaknesses are not enough shading much of the same color.
Referenced on White Faced Bumblebee

Design 2: Find an already existing pet you do not own that has 3 to 6 visible traits carries dont matter. Create a potential dye plan for the pet. Please provide a link to the pet and what the final dye product would look like!

Original design -
My take

Design 3 theme design analyze and then modify it. (List what you modified and why you felt this change was necessary.) Please list a before and after picture any number of traits is allowed but use the same traits in both pictures!
Ghost Fire Morkko
Before -

After

I lightened the base color of the fur, the original blue did not seem ghostlike to me, also by doing this you can see more of the fire traits coming through. Other then that, I lightened C3 a bit because I thought it blended better.
CeruleanCrow
Level 75
High Warlord
Threads: 86
Posted: 2/27/2018 at 6:50 PM Post #198
Congrats to all who made it to the top 25!

Shayni
Level 63
Trickster
Threads: 164
Posted: 2/27/2018 at 6:50 PM Post #199
Posting for anyone who wants to see :D If I am allowed to, of course

Username: Shayni

I must apologize ahead of time for the designs on different lines. If they are more than size 240, it skips a line.

Design 1:
Create a new personal design with any number of traits which you feel reflects your design skills, list what you think the strengths and weaknesses of the design are - its important to know where you'd like to improve. Please include a male and female, a name for the design, and any references you may have used!

~Olive Branch Vulnyx~

Strengths: I love the more natural colors and that they blend nicely together. The olive greens and shades of browns seem eye catching and don't contrast excessively. The yellow on the wings and flowers help to make it more bright.

Weaknesses: The golden eyes seem a bit off-putting, even though it adds a beautiful accent to the green wings and flowers. The C2 color doesn't seem to match either, it is a bit more of a reddish tone than I wanted it to be.

Design 2:
Find an already existing pet you do not own that has 3 to 6 visible traits carries dont matter. Create a potential dye plan for the pet. Please provide a link to the pet and what the final dye product would look like!

Link to pet
Order: Original | Dye Plan

Design 3:
Take any existing theme design analyze and then modify it. (List what you modified and why you felt this change was necessary.) Please list a before and after picture any number of traits is allowed but use the same traits in both pictures!

Order: Original | Dye Plan

~Cerulean Zolnixi~

Changes: I brightened the C3 color. Along with that, I tweaked the G2 and M1 and M3s by making them brighter. The extremely dark teal doesn't seem to like those mutation slots, so that is my reason for changing them. The zolnixi now has a more vibrant look.
Edited By Shayni on 2/27/2018 at 7:13 PM.
Frelioan
Level 75
Mojo Master
Threads: 31
Posted: 2/27/2018 at 7:39 PM Post #200
please ping me for the voting threads? thanks
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 19, 20, 21, 22
This Page loaded in 0.013 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.