Author Thread Post
Analieza
Level 64
The Majestic
Threads: 6
Posted: 2/16/2018 at 1:26 AM Post #81
Hello! I would love to join if you'll have me! :3

ID: 46267
Genre: Worst fear dream, but something's not quite right...

A Worst Fear Dream Scenario...
Warning: blood and death. Please be advised.

Sheila rolled over to check her watch. 1:08. She sighed resignedly, clutching her favorite stuffed monkey, wondering when she would fall asleep again. Slowly the world drifted before her eyes...

All of a sudden, she was in the sky. She screamed and scrambled to grab onto anything, anywhere, but only found nothingness. She dared not to look down, knowing what fate awaited her below. All she could do was cry. Shutting her eyes tight, Sheila landed on something soft that squished under her weight. Looking down, she met the eyes of her monkey. Relief swept over her. Clutching the small animal close, she cried and cried, until she had no more tears to shed. Looking across the room in the mirror, she noticed how red and puffy her eyes were. She laughed at her reflection, and curled up around her stuffed animal, praying she would have a good rest of the night. Instead of nightmares, she wanted to dream about the date she was going to have the next day. Her eyes closed as she imagined what skydiving would actually be like.

. . . . .

Toby was on call that day. He was the best at his job, according to the rescue crew, and it's why they called him in to handle the situation. As soon as he arrived on scene he vomited. What he saw was no longer quite human. Where there had once been a face was an indent ear to ear, and the poor guy's insides were scattered as if he had been a pinata cracked open. But that wasn't the worst part. Toby couldn't tear his eyes away from the girl snuggling into the remains with a smile on her face, blood pooling underneath her as she inched closer to him. Suddenly, her eyes met his.

"It's only a dream. We'll wake up soon."

She fell back asleep, cuddling her monkey and wishing morning would come already.

"Hey, we need to go. Now." Toby scooped her up from underneath her arms and started carrying her away from the deceased. Sheila struggled against him.

"Hey! Let me go!" She turned on him, furious, and fear registered in her dark brown eyes. "Wait, who are you?" He didn't answer. "Where am I?"

That's when it all came back.

. . . . .

Her boyfriend, sitting next to her, telling her it'll be okay.
Him taking her hand and smiling to reassure her.
The pilot losing control of the plane.
The blaring siren.
Her arms being shoved through the holes of a pack.
Her falling from the plane, holding onto him for dear life.
Letting him go.

"He..." Looking back at him, she gulped down the bile rising in her throat. "He broke my fall." The love of her life, her Monkey, had been the one to save her. She cried into Toby's chest. All she wanted was to wake up.
Edited By Analieza on 2/16/2018 at 1:42 AM.
GhostPirate
Level 70
Trickster
Threads: 62
Posted: 2/16/2018 at 8:07 PM Post #82
When the World was Flipped

A dream scenario in which the character sees their worst fear. They wake up, but things don't seem normal...

It's not true. It's not true. It's not true...

Cara stood still, looking in the mirror.

She was gripping a knife and her dead husband's arm.

She took the knife and stabbed him again. And again.

Then she licked his blood off the knife.

She awoke with a start, sitting up. "It was just a nightmare." She sighed, laying back against her pillows, tears streaming down her face.

"I keep having that dream," Is there something wrong with me? "No," she answered her own thought out loud, "Speaking of that, where is he?" Cara said. slowing standing up and walking to the kitchen. "Jason?" she called.

"What, babe?"

Babe? He never calls me babe. Also, that doesn't sound like him... She though, confused, walking towards the man's voice.

The wrong man was standing in the doorway, gripping a knife and her dead husband's arm.

Cara gasped.

"You're next!" He grinned.
Edited By Ghostwings20 on 2/16/2018 at 8:09 PM.
Pirana
Level 75
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 151
Posted: 2/17/2018 at 11:02 PM Post #83
Thank you for explaining that to me I'll get to work right away!
IvyCat
Level 62
Trickster
Threads: 106
Posted: 2/20/2018 at 12:32 PM Post #84
Stupid question, but how many will be eliminated per round? Or for first one?
Aphelion
Level 75
Fright Master
Threads: 113
Posted: 2/20/2018 at 6:48 PM Post #85
It depends, really. I'm going to see how many people entered, and then eliminate accordingly. For the first round, if not everybody enters, those who did not enter will be eliminated and everyone who did enter will stay in.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 293
Posted: 2/21/2018 at 5:57 PM Post #86
Pinging myself as a reminder to do this
Unwantedclinomaniac
Level 41
Threads: 4
Posted: 2/21/2018 at 8:08 PM Post #87
Prompt: A dream scenario in which the character sees their worst fear. They wake up, but things don't seem normal
Warnings: death, confusion, mental illness(sort of?), possibly other things

Every other sound was obscured by the roar of my heartbeat. Each breath came out ragged and it almost seemed that I wouldnt be able to take many more, but stopping to take any more breaths wouldnt be an option. Stopping would mean death and I couldnt let both of us meet that fate.
My hand held his tightly and my grasp continued to tighten in fear, knowing that the assassin was right on our tail. Tears held their place in my eyes and I bit one side of my lip. I didnt dare look back in fear of what may come as consequence. My knight ran ahead, pulling me with him in haste and causing me to stumble slightly. Fear trembled through me although it only took me a second to catch my balance.
We turned another corner and I tried to help pick up my pace, but legs felt numb and that theyd fall out from under me. I could barely feel my feet with each step. I could taste something metallic in my mouth and I was reminded of the pain in my chest. We need to find some place to hide Some place to disappear I tried to search for some place to do so, although I knew that the knight that held my hand was doing the same, but all the doors that I remember there should be seemed to have disappeared.
Please Please The tears in my eyes threatened to spill, but everything seemed to slow down suddenly as we went to turn yet again. I felt a warm tear slide down my face as
My hand slipped from his.
I felt my fingers brush against his as I tried to grab hold again, but his hand was no longer there. I tripped over a stone in the floor and fell to the floor. A gasp fell from me and I tried to replace the air that had just left my lungs. I scrambled to get back up as quickly as I could. Tears quickly fell down my face as I looked back behind me as I started to stand.
Covered in black from head to toe stood the person who seeked to kill me. He pulled his elegant looking sword back.
I was pulled out of the way of the incoming blade. I grasped onto my knight and went to bury my face into his shoulder, but I was pushed back onto the floor and hit my head on the stone. I clenched my eyes shut for the pain and sat there for a moment. I opened my blurry eyes and sat up quickly to see what was happening.
A gasp fell from my lips and my eyes widened in shock. I scrambled over to the knight who sat on his knees, blood seeping into his clothes. No no no no. I repeated to myself, although the words didnt seem to actually leave my mouth. I needed to stop the bleeding before I tried to gently touch the wound and quickly pulled my hands away. No! You cant die! I reached to put pressure on the wound, but my hand was pulled away. I looked up into his blue eyes as he placed my hand against his cheek. I couldnt hear anything, but I knew there was supposed to be sound. I couldnt make out what he was trying to say. No No.

No! I shot up from my bed as a scream ripped through my throat. I grasped onto my head as I stared wide eyed at my blanket covered knees. I had a hard time calming myself down and I suddenly felt a hand touch my shoulder. I shot one of hands out and felt a sting against my flesh.
I blinked a couple of times and let myself come back to reality. I pulled my hand back towards myself once I saw the woman before me whom was holding her cheek. I-I Im sorry, I said as I looked down. It mustve just been a dream I used my arm to wipe the tears from my eyes and tried to calm myself down. I looked back to the woman again wondering why Adrian wasnt there instead of her. He was always the first in my room when I had a nightmare, after all, he was my guard.
I looked away once more as I pulled my sheets off of me. I slid off my bed although I was still shaky from the horrible nightmare I had just experienced I walked over to the chair that sat in front of my mirror and grabbed the black pants that sat there. I slid them on my pale slender form. I turned back to the unfamiliar woman. She must be one of the maids New from how I couldnt recognize her. Im heading out to the gardens, I told her after pulling on my tall black leather boots. I made my way over to the brown wooden door of my room. As I started opening the door, I recalled the fact of Adrian having not come inside and turned back to face the woman. Can you place inform Adrian of that once he returns? I studied the probably blonde haired woman, it was hard to tell considering how dark it still was in the room, as she didnt respond. Assuming she must be too scared to answer me after my episode, I just gave a small smile and a, Thank you, before leaving.
I walked down the dimly lit halls until I reached the staircase that would lead me straight to the gardens. It was quiet in the castle considering the time of day it was, only the sound of my feet hitting stone could be heard. I climbed down the round staircase in quick like manor, hoping to escape the suffocating atmosphere the castle seemed to have on me. I unlocked the wooden door, taking a breath of fresh air as I finally stepped out.
My nerves seemed to calm down as I made my way to the gardens. I closed my eyes and took another deep breath, this time through my nose. The fragrance of the flowers filled my nose and helped me relax some more. I walked through the maze-like gardens gazing at the different flowers that seemed to glow under the moonlight. I knelt down to gaze at some white flowers that appeared to be dusted with a blue or violet. Their petals lay soft in my hand for the few moments I studied them and I gently let go. I continued my journey through the gardens to the parts that were more hidden in the trees, close to the well. It was my favorite part of the gardens. They had the most wonderful flowers, although I couldnt quite recall the name. Adrian knew however, he loved those flowers as well, but he knew the name of just about all of the flowers in the gardens. It was amusing considering what he did. He was a knight who had been assigned to watch over me. He wasnt as built as other knights, but he certainly didnt give off the impression of being a flower lover. I couldnt help the small laugh that my chest. It made me feel so much better. So much that I could barely recall the nightmare that had caused me to wake up at this ungodly hour. I walked out into the opening of my special part of the gardens, but instead of the beautiful sight I saw everyday
All of the flower were strewn across the grass dying. Petals had been picked apart and the bushes that had held my flowers had been slashed. The atmosphere seemed so much duller, filled with anger yes but also sadness.
I felt tears prick my eyes once more and I crumbled to the floor. I had always tended to these gardens with Adrian. We had worked so hard to keep them beautiful. I picked up one of the dead flowers with both of my hands and reached up to touch it gently, but it crumbled to pieces. Who had done this? Why would someone do this? I tightened my hands into loose fists and stared at the ground with tear filled eyes, curling myself into a ball.
I had sat there for a little while hoping that Adrian would come soon, but it seemed he was still busy. I heard footsteps and shot up from my spot, thinking it was Adrian, but it turned out to be the gardener. I took in a shaky breath and tried to regain my composure. Do you know who did this? I asked sternly.
I watched as he tried to come up with some words.Uhm Ki Prince-
I furrowed my brow at his stumbling words and out of frustration, I asked my question once again, Do you know who did this?
I tried to read the gardeners expression, but I was finding it hard. Fine Dont answer me. Just clean this up and repair the garden. As soon as possible please. Thank you. I walked past him to head inside and look for Adrian.

The sun had fully risen at this point and I still couldnt find Adrian. Where are you? I had gone back up into my room and found the woman there again. She wore a simple, but rather nice outfit. It was strange for a servant to wear, but it could be new attire for higher level servants. That wouldnt be too surprising. She stood just inside my room as if she was just about to leave.
In order not to scare her again, I didnt bother asking her why she was still in my room. I- um Have you seen Adrian?
The woman remained quiet, but it appeared that she was thinking about what to say. Whats up with everybody? No She said in a quite beautiful and confident sounding voice, despite how she had answered me. My heart dropped at her answer and I turned my head to look down the hall where I saw more servants. Maybe I could ask them? Um Prince?
C-can you hold on a minute? I asked turning to look back at her. I think Im going to go ask them if they saw him.
Without hearing her respond, I hurried over to the small group of other servants that were chatting about something. I could easily recognize a few of their faces, but their names somehow escaped my mind. Morning, I greeted them.
They gave small and almost nervous looking smiles and replied with the same greeting.
Have any of you seen Adrian? Their smiles wavered at my question and a wave of anxiety went through me. I decided to rephrase my question. Maybe they didnt know Adrian? That would be quite a surprise since he was with me more often than not considering he was my guard. Hes my personal guard? Hes tall with black hair?
The servants still didnt respond and I felt a bit angry. It was almost like everyone was keeping something from me. Fine Dont tell me. I growled before storming off.
Did father send him off somewhere? Now that the idea came to me, Adrians absence made much more sense. My father could of had him do something really important. If that was the case, Id have to ask him. None of the other servants would know because they only had to care about the job they were assigned and any extra orders specifically given to them.
I ran down the corridor to the staircase that led down to the lower floors. I made my way past some of the servants and run into the throne room. However, the room itself was completely empty of my father. The blonde haired woman was there talking to a man I had a hard time recognizing. They stared at me with wide eyes and I could feel more on me. I looked to my right to see the guards of the throne room staring at me as well as a group of people who appeared to be from outside of the castle, probably from the village. I felt heat rise up to my cheeks in embarrassment. Whats going on?
King! One of them shouted with their eyes locked on mine. You must be better!
King? Im not king Y-you must be mistaken, I shakily responded.
No. No. Not after King Frederick died. I may be getting old, but Im not that old to be forgetting stuff like that.
I-I That couldnt be right. Since when did father die? I tried to remember such events, but I couldnt remember anything of the sort. It made my head hurt just trying to do so. Did it happen today? But I would be informed if it did, right? This has to be some cruel joke.
Thats enough, the woman told the commoners, Youre dismissed. She turned back to face me and started walking in my direction. Something I never caught before is that she carried herself like she was a knight or even royalty.
I felt myself take a step back in almost fear. Yeah There was no doubt about it. I was afraid. I didnt understand what was going on.
Dont be afraid. I can explain everything. She told me with a kind face, but despite that, I couldnt help but remain fearful. She got so close it to me that I shouldve felt uncomfortable.
I-I I want to talk to Adrian. I said averting my eyes and taking a step back.
I could hear her sigh at what I said. She reached up and put her hand on my face, gently making it so Id look back up at her. Darling I know you cant remember right now, but hes dead, just like your father.
My eyes widened in response and I wanted to get away. I pulled away and took a few more steps away until I was pressed against the wall. N-no. Youre wrong. It was just a dream! I could feel tears streaking down my face.
I could see a saddened look in her blue eyes. Eyes that suddenly reminded me so much of Adrian. The assassination attempt? Is that what youre speaking of?
No no no no no.
Hey Its okay. I could feel her hand on my face once again and it went into my hair. That all happened about a year ago, things can get better. Youll get better.
A year ago?
You probably dont remember much of me right now either But its alright. Thats alright. Despite all that was happening, she was starting to help calm me down. Who is she? She knows so much
She pulled me into a hug and rested my face on her shoulder. Shhh. Its alright. Lets go back to our room, okay?
Our room?
Lets start over again, okay? She released me and grabbed ahold of my hand. Lets help you get better.
Unwantedclinomaniac
Level 41
Threads: 4
Posted: 2/21/2018 at 8:14 PM Post #88
My quotations aren't showing up at all. So here is a better way you can view the story.
https://www.quotev.com/story/10645504/Missing
Aphelion
Level 75
Fright Master
Posted: 2/26/2018 at 7:11 AM Post #89
Bloop
Aphelion
Level 75
Fright Master
Posted: 2/26/2018 at 7:13 AM Post #90
Ah, sorry I didn't reply sooner!
You've been accepted into the contest; great story! ^-^
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 8, 9, 10... 13, 14, 15
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.